AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-02-06, 23:51   Link #3121
LoneWolfFenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Other than missiles, Gundams in the 00verse don't have much use for solid-state projectiles. As for what you're seeing, the screencaps are from the trailblazer video that's included in the third Special Edition of Gundam 00. Dynames did not appear in it; the 00 Qan[T], Zabanya, Harute, and Raphael did.
Hmm...I read on the trailer summary that Zabanya's "GN Hand Gun Pod" made it's debut in the trailer. That's why I wasn't expecting the Zabanya to be holding a rifle.

Zabanya might be holding a rifle inside one or both of those pods, but since the Dynames might make a debut, it'd make sense to stick the Dynames with it's rifle.

Of course it's too early to say anything since a small number of people saw the trailer and some accounts can't be reliable.
LoneWolfFenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 00:06   Link #3122
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

"GN Hand Gun Pod"?

That's a new name, to me at least.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 00:20   Link #3123
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfFenrir View Post
Hmm...I read on the trailer summary that Zabanya's "GN Hand Gun Pod" made it's debut in the trailer. That's why I wasn't expecting the Zabanya to be holding a rifle.

Zabanya might be holding a rifle inside one or both of those pods, but since the Dynames might make a debut, it'd make sense to stick the Dynames with it's rifle.

Of course it's too early to say anything since a small number of people saw the trailer and some accounts can't be reliable.
Well, Lockon did discard his rifle pretty often in the second season to switch to pistols. Wouldn't surprise me if the same is done here. Anyway, that picture has to be the Zabanya. Not only did the Dynames (which is fairly distinctive thanks to its full shield) not appear, but it wouldn't make sense for them to show images of the new machines and not show the Zabanya, seeing how its depicting the 00 Qan[T], Harute, and Raphael alongside it.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2010-02-07 at 01:00.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 00:30   Link #3124
LoneWolfFenrir

Quote:
Well, Lockon did discard his rifle pretty often in the second season to switch to pistols. Wouldn't surprise me if the same is done here. Anyway, that picture has to be the Zabanya. Not only did the Dynames (which is fairly distinctive thanks to its full shield) not appear, but it wouldn't make since for them to show images of the new machines and not show the Zabanya, seeing how its depicting the 00 Qan[T], Harute, and Raphael alongside it.
Ah the shields....I forgot about that. I was thinking about the Dynames before it was equipped with the shoulder shields. The first trailer showed the Dynames lineart with it, so now I doubt it would make an appearance without them.
Old 2010-02-07, 03:50   Link #3125
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
"GN Hand Gun Pod"?

That's a new name, to me at least.
I don't remember if it's an official name or just what the fans call it, but GN Hand Gun Pod refers to the containers at Zabanya's back, not the handheld weapon itself. "Pod" means some kind of container/enclosure.

I'm positive it's Zabanya though, because no one mentioned Dynames Repair appearing in the New Year trailer. Fans wouldn't mistake Dynames as Zabanya.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 06:52   Link #3126
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfFenrir View Post

On the new new movie caps...Isn't that the Dynames instead of the Zabanya?
Looking at it again, I kind of agree with you there. The V-fins pretty much resemble the Dynames.

Also, you can see some blue round... thing on it's forehead(The sniper mode visor). You can also make out the shape of the front skirt armor, which also seems to match that of Dynames'.
Old 2010-02-07, 07:53   Link #3127
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
I don't remember if it's an official name or just what the fans call it, but GN Hand Gun Pod refers to the containers at Zabanya's back, not the handheld weapon itself. "Pod" means some kind of container/enclosure.

I'm positive it's Zabanya though, because no one mentioned Dynames Repair appearing in the New Year trailer. Fans wouldn't mistake Dynames as Zabanya.
IIRC it's what the fans called "something". Because it only came from one blogger that went to the event. I discussed it at the time of the event and someone said so
Old 2010-02-07, 17:20   Link #3128
LoneWolfFenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Looking at it again, I kind of agree with you there. The V-fins pretty much resemble the Dynames.

Also, you can see some blue round... thing on it's forehead(The sniper mode visor). You can also make out the shape of the front skirt armor, which also seems to match that of Dynames'.

Yeah I agree with you there. The front skirts, the armor piece in front of the knees, the front skirts, and the V-fin match the Dynames. But now that I look at it again, the shoulders of the Dynames don't match the picture and the Dynames should have it's large shoulder armor equipped.

The more I look at the Zabanya though, the more I can see a resemblance in the picture. the small white shoulders match the picture. The thing that bothers me the most is the front skirts and the placement of the knee armor.
Old 2010-02-07, 17:53   Link #3129
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Well, Lockon did discard his rifle pretty often in the second season to switch to pistols. Wouldn't surprise me if the same is done here. Anyway, that picture has to be the Zabanya. Not only did the Dynames (which is fairly distinctive thanks to its full shield) not appear, but it wouldn't make sense for them to show images of the new machines and not show the Zabanya, seeing how its depicting the 00 Qan[T], Harute, and Raphael alongside it.
I think this pretty much seals the fact that the Gundam with the rifle is not Dynames.

Think about it, who cares about Dynames at this point in the series? I don't, people wanna see Zabanya, not Dynames.
Old 2010-02-07, 18:27   Link #3130
LoneWolfFenrir

Quote:
I think this pretty much seals the fact that the Gundam with the rifle is not Dynames.

Think about it, who cares about Dynames at this point in the series? I don't, people wanna see Zabanya, not Dynames.
Well...We can't really see the whole magazine. The mobile suit in the bottom right could have been any new mobile suit. But since I can read it, I know it's the Quanta.

The point i'm trying to make is that the magazines might do whatever they want and post what pictures they wanna put up whether it makes sense or not.
Old 2010-02-07, 18:48   Link #3131
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Spoiler for Movie Trailer Caps:
Can someone translate the text below the pics?
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:51   Link #3132
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's probably says stuff like "Tieria's new Gundam!" and "Allejuah's new Gundam!"

For the Innovade guy I can imagine it says "Who is this mysterious new Innovade?"
Old 2010-02-07, 20:13   Link #3133
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
For the Innovade guy I can imagine it says "Who is this mysterious new Innovade?"
Actually, it says, "Is this new character an Innovator?"

As for the others, I can't really read because the writing's just too small. The caption under Rapahel says pretty much what you said, though I can tell that much.
Old 2010-02-07, 20:26   Link #3134
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Actually, it says, "Is this new character an Innovator?"

As for the others, I can't really read because the writing's just too small. The caption under Rapahel says pretty much what you said, though I can tell that much.
They're still calling them "Innovators"?

Isn't is supposed to be "Innovade"?
Old 2010-02-07, 21:59   Link #3135
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
They're still calling them "Innovators"?

Isn't is supposed to be "Innovade"?
Yeah, it's definitely "Innovator" because it's clearly a 'ta-' at the end of the word, not 'do-'.

I agree, it's weird.
Old 2010-02-07, 22:02   Link #3136
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Weird indeed, it should be "Innovade". Since the only true Innovator is Setsuna, the other Innovades called themselves that because they thought they were the true embodiment of the Aeolia Plan.
Old 2010-02-07, 22:17   Link #3137
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Innovator is the more popular term since Innovade only gained usage during episode 24 and after.
Old 2010-02-07, 22:28   Link #3138
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Innovator is the more popular term since Innovade only gained usage during episode 24 and after.
Still, to be said in official source material about a new character is....fishy.
Old 2010-02-07, 23:40   Link #3139
Hellbore

Quote:
Still, to be said in official source material about a new character is....fishy.
I think your overthinking it. The official site still lists the GNZ series under Innovators, I'm guessing the group is called Innovators, which was made up of what was eventually revealed to be Innovades. Like the difference between Celestial Being and the Celestial Being

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 00:09   Link #3140
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Meh, guess you're right.

Tags
gundam 00 movie