AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-02, 01:23   Link #201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There's no doubt that Popp is alive. There's a body left, he's fine . Basically gave a free excuse of Popp just not being competent enough to blow himself up properly . Get all the drama of him intending to sacrifice himself without him actually needing to actually get killed. And hey, credit to him in that sense. He did at least try to pull the move off.

Kind of expected the fortune teller girl to do something. Unless her cries actually caused the mark to move, I'm saying she's just there to be a token love interest. Which only further confirms Popp being fine (if we didn't watch the OP to get spoiled by that).

Despite all the cool moves and sacrifices...I want to give the most credit to Crocodine. That guy is a beast in every sense . Well deserving his title. He got stabbed by Baran's freaking arm and he isn't dead! No one in that scene has an excuse of dying if Crocodine is still hanging onto life here .
Old 2021-05-02, 02:39   Link #202
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

This is not the first time Crocodine has a hole in his body. He already got impaled by Hyunckel once.
Also, he did die when fighting Dai and then got resurrected later.
Old 2021-05-02, 16:19   Link #203
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Which only further confirms Popp being fine (if we didn't watch the OP to get spoiled by that).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The opening totally spoiled Popp will live. In fact, I'd say the episode told us by having Baran attempt to finish him off (no need to bother if he was already dead) and Dai protecting him from the attack.
I think the ED also spoils he's alive. Although it would be funny if his moments in the OP and ED gets replaced by Crocodine.
Old 2021-05-02, 18:00   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I think the ED also spoils he's alive. Although it would be funny if his moments in the OP and ED gets replaced by Crocodine.
Poor Crocodine has been a total bro since he joined the heroes and he never got a space in the OP or the ED. Very racist.
Old 2021-05-02, 18:47   Link #205
Xical
Phantom User

who want to bet if Pop is alive or not?
Old 2021-05-03, 09:38   Link #206
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Poor Crocodine has been a total bro since he joined the heroes and he never got a space in the OP or the ED. Very racist.
It's because *spoiler* Crocodine is actually Avan in disguise. I mean, we've never seen them together, have we?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 16:42   Link #207
Blaat

Quote:
#CrocLivesMatter
Old 2021-05-08, 06:22   Link #208
Blaat

That was an excellent episode of Dragon ball, so when's the latest episode of Dragon Quest coming out?

Spoiler for 31:
Old 2021-05-08, 12:45   Link #209
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I hear that the revival spell in the manga actually used a cross instead of... whatever they used here. It's been like, since Yugioh since I've seen this kind of censor. In Japan too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 13:08   Link #210
LG-MAX 2.o

TV Tokyo considerably censored anime broadcast there lately. I don't know if anything has changed in their management or is influenced by the increase in foreign audiences.

Kitaro had a lot more freedom working with different themes on Fuji TV, even though it was an anime broadcast in the morning.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2021-05-08 at 13:22.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 18:43   Link #211
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This really felt like this fight came straight out of Dragon Ball. The animation was really great, long time fans of the manga must be overjoyed.

I wonder how they'll explain there are people stronger than Baran under Vearn when he's supposed to be the ultimate warrior and he and Dai have displayed powers unseen until now in the series. Dai could probably kill Hadlar with a simple punch now.

Surprised Popp was actually dead, but of course there's a spell to bring him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Kitaro had a lot more freedom working with different themes on Fuji TV, even though it was an anime broadcast in the morning.
I'm watching it right now and there are some seriously dark episodes. I'm amazed it was advertised as a kids' anime, because it's so much more.
Old 2021-05-09, 14:19   Link #212
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if there's a "Think, Mark, think" meme with Dai and Baran. Baran's even got the mustache for it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 14:53   Link #213
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
That was an excellent episode of Dragon ball, so when's the latest episode of Dragon Quest coming out?

Spoiler for 31:
The amount of time everyone spent standing or laying around just talking was kind of frustrating especially after seer girl showed up.
Old 2021-05-09, 18:14   Link #214
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The amount of time everyone spent standing or laying around just talking was kind of frustrating especially after seer girl showed up.
Hyunckel sure had a lot to say for someone who didn't even know what a Dragon Knight was a few episodes ago. He made speculations upon speculations, and hit the mark every time.
Old 2021-05-09, 18:18   Link #215
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Hyunckel sure had a lot to say for someone who didn't even know what a Dragon Knight was a few episodes ago. He made speculations upon speculations, and hit the mark every time.
OMG, yes. Perhaps his new armor gave him +10 INT.
Old 2021-05-09, 21:19   Link #216
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Going to take some luck or a lot of persistence from Leona to save Popp. Considering that spell only has a freaking 50% success rate! I suppose when bringing back the dead that's better than nothing, but would be a real shame for her to be stuck trying to cast that 1,000 times because it keeps failing! Credit to the show for acknowledging how annoying that darn spell is.

It is also hilarious how Hyunckel was used as the exposition machine. I like to think he's just guessing left and right while being hilariously fortunate to have his speculations work out. Be funny to have him throw out a few that are straight up wrong, but no one can tell regardless.

If Hadlar could be watching this he'd probably be curling up into a ball right about now .
Old 2021-05-15, 08:18   Link #217
Blaat

Spoiler for episode 32:
Old 2021-05-15, 11:54   Link #218
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Of course zing fails whenever you need it . Thankfully for Popp he got saved by Baran anyways. Good effort by the show. For a second there I did wonder if they were playing us with the OP and actually were going to kill off Popp. That guy went from alive to dead so many times I wasn't entirely sure how it would work out. But when Baran showed up at the end that did certainly make it obvious that Popp would survive somehow.

I guess this explains Hyunckel going all spear user now. Had to sacrifice his weapon and armor to help Dai secure the win over Baran. Maybe the next objective should be to find a weapon that can actually handle Dai's awesomeness .

Hadlar's final attack is coming now. Makes sense. He's nowhere near the last boss at this stage. So let's have him make a desperate effort to deal with Dai and see how that plays out. His only hope is going now while his enemies are weakened from fighting Baran. Although honestly if the big bad was smart about this he'd send everything he has to take advantage of this instead of just sending Hadlar. But hey, can't have the villains actually win here .
Old 2021-05-15, 13:21   Link #219
Lex79

I don't remember if I eve saw a color illustration of the ryumajin, but I always imagined him being green, so I was surprised when I saw Baran becoming red. Maybe because he has reptilian features and I tend to associate reptiles with the green color...
Anyway, the battle between the two Dragon Knights was really spectacular, although I can understand while some people might be disappointed that it looked too much like a Dragon Ball fight, with even a Kamehameha energy attack. In true shounen spirit Baran is redeemed after fighting his son and what he believes is his deceased wife's last will. He didn't become an ally (I'd say he is too powerful, would unbalancethe game...ehm, the series) but at least he left the demon army. With this, we can also rationalize why he wasn't the supreme commander despite being vastly stronger than Hadler, he was cooperating with Vearn because they shared a goal with no guarantees of staying on his side in the long term.
Pop came back from death after his heroic sacrifice. Hard to believe he is the same character we saw in the beginning, and I hope people are starting to appreciate him more.
Hadler's not so impressive performance against Dai and friends has been noticed, and Vearn gave him an ultimatum. Will he manage to score a result that can save his position, or are we going to say goodbye to him?
Old 2021-05-15, 18:31   Link #220
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The only thing that bothered me about this fight was how Dai kept zig-zagging all over the place for no reason. It looks cool, but unless you're trying to dodge a barrage of attacks, which he wasn't, there's no point in doing that

I praised Hadlar earlier for sending all of his forces against Dai including himself when he realized he was a threat, but he's apparently not smart enough to go after his enemies when they can barely stand anymore. Vearn is the same. He states Baran is the only one who can threaten him and doesn't bother to send Killvearn or anyone else to finish him off.

Gome-chan and Popp's interaction reminded of Back to the Future, with Popp going off after being called a weakling

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake