AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-09, 11:55   Link #1101
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
what happened in her childhood doesn't mean anything. Also, dam man... Mao Nome's still alive? It was like 1999 when the attacks first started but for some reason it seems like such a long time. I still think she got married even though the dude in Macross Zero went to space with Sara Nome. Anyways, if Mao Nome is still alive, then Lynn Minmei can still be alive. So can Sara Nome and that dude. Also, that means the other two from Super Dimension are still alive. That means their son or daugther can be some1 from macross f
When I say her childhood, I am not talking about Sheryl, I am talking about Mao. Mao was a child during Zero.

Sheryl is not Mao's daughter, she might have been adopted, but she is not her daughter. If Mao was married, her name clearly did not change, so I don't think she did, not that its important anyway.

But after that incident regarding 117, Mao probably died.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-09, 11:58   Link #1102
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
When I say her childhood, I am not talking about Sheryl, I am talking about Mao. Mao was a child during Zero.

Sheryl is not Mao's daughter, she might have been adopted, but she is not her daughter. If Mao was married, her name clearly did not change, so I don't think she did, not that its important anyway.

But after that incident regarding 117, Mao probably died.

- Tak
I'm talking about Mao too. Her childhood doesn't prevent her from getting a husband. Also, being married doesn't mean your last name has to change.
Old 2008-08-09, 12:04   Link #1103
Tak

I don't care if she was married or not. That is not important.

Except you are dismissing her childhood experience entirely.

Moreover, when you suggested that their 'son or daughter could be in Mac F', that is a very ridiculous claim.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-09, 13:43   Link #1104
magnuskn

It has come up on Macrossworld that Sheryls blood type is supposed to be Alpha Bombay, which is the one the people on the Mayan island have in Macross Zero.

Can anybody confirm / deny this? If this *is* the case, it would make a very strong argument for Sheryl being related somehow to Mao.
Old 2008-08-09, 14:15   Link #1105
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

A clone Maybe? or Sherrly is Mao Clone and Ranka Is Sara Clone. wow sure Alto hit a Jackpot these time
Old 2008-08-09, 18:25   Link #1106
Prov1

Quote:
I don't care if she was married or not. That is not important.

Except you are dismissing her childhood experience entirely.

Moreover, when you suggested that their 'son or daughter could be in Mac F', that is a very ridiculous claim.

- Tak
Ok, I watched Macross Zero. Big Deal, her childhood wasn't too bad. Also, I'm talking about Hikaru and Hayase's baby.
Old 2008-08-09, 18:30   Link #1107
Tak

Quote:
Ok, I watched Macross Zero. Big Deal, her childhood wasn't too bad. Also, I'm talking about Hikaru and Hayase's baby.
No Big deal you say? Having an entire island pretty much blasted into pieces by nuclear warheads followed by a fallout isn't traumatic and devastating to one's childhood, that is in addition to losing your sister and the man you had a crush on.

... ... sure, whatever you say.

Yeah, and I am talking about Hikaru and Misa's baby Miku too. Except the family gone the way of Megaroad I and disappeared in the void along with Minmei.

Thus, my point still stands. Your claim that That means their son or daugther can be some1 from macross f, is a pretty baseless, if not downright ridiculous thing to suggest.

- Tak

Old 2008-08-09, 18:40   Link #1108
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Connecting to Megaroad 1 would be nice closure actually.

However,
Trauma of that sort may make her want to have family to fill the void left behind.

But in the end, we'll have to wait to see just what the writer has in mind.
Old 2008-08-09, 18:45   Link #1109
Tak

Frontier can stand on its own very very well, trying to force some sort of connection to Megaroad I might damage its foundation.

- Tak

Old 2008-08-09, 18:45   Link #1110
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanis View Post
Is that a wardrobe malfunction? That dress is covering nothing.
It's a corset, that's what they do. Plus fan service.
Old 2008-08-09, 19:18   Link #1111
Prov1

Quote:
No Big deal you say? Having an entire island pretty much blasted into pieces by nuclear warheads followed by a fallout isn't traumatic and devastating to one's childhood, that is in addition to losing your sister and the man you had a crush on.

... ... sure, whatever you say.

Yeah, and I am talking about Hikaru and Misa's baby Miku too. Except the family gone the way of Megaroad I and disappeared in the void along with Minmei.

Thus, my point still stands. Your claim that That means their son or daugther can be some1 from macross f, is a pretty baseless, if not downright ridiculous thing to suggest.

- Tak
not traumatic enough not to get married. Second part might be a tad ridiculous
Old 2008-08-09, 19:24   Link #1112
Tak

First of all, you said Ok, I watched Macross Zero. Big Deal, her childhood wasn't too bad.

And now you go not traumatic enough not to get married.

What, does marriage have to do with anything. The central point to my argument was that she was traumatized and it was a big deal, which you suggested otherwise.

So what is your argument, your thesis? Are you arguing for marriage, or she having a traumatic experience that proved to be a big deal. Make up your mind.

- Tak

Old 2008-08-09, 19:43   Link #1113
Prov1

Quote:
First of all, you said Ok, I watched Macross Zero. Big Deal, her childhood wasn't too bad.

And now you go not traumatic enough not to get married.

What, does marriage have to do with anything. The central point to my argument was that she was traumatized and it was a big deal, which you suggested otherwise.

So what is your argument, your thesis? Are you arguing for marriage, or she having a traumatic experience that proved to be a big deal. Make up your mind.

- Tak
Marriage was my key point. You went off on traumatic. I never said it wasn't traumatic.
Old 2008-08-09, 19:56   Link #1114
Tak

Quote:
I never said it wasn't traumatic.
You stated:

Quote:
Ok, I watched Macross Zero. Big Deal, her childhood wasn't too bad
My thoughts exactly

- Tak (I rest my case)

Old 2008-08-09, 20:07   Link #1115
Prov1

Quote:
You stated:

My thoughts exactly

- Tak (I rest my case)
Whatever, what I was implying there was that her childhood wasn't traumatic enough to marry. It's pointless to argue about this.
Old 2008-08-09, 20:27   Link #1116
Westlo
Lets be reality

Prov 1 really is the Shinn of the Sheryl fandom XD
Old 2008-08-10, 01:15   Link #1117
magnuskn

Since nobody can confirm the Alpha Bombay blood type which Sheryl is supposed to have, IŽll lay it to rest as an unconfirmed rumour for now. Unless someone who can confirm it gets off his lazy bum.
Old 2008-08-10, 02:05   Link #1118
glyph

Quote:
Frontier can stand on its own very very well, trying to force some sort of connection to Megaroad I might damage its foundation.

- Tak
I hoping for some tangential closure nonetheless. Something like

Spoiler:

Last edited by glyph; 2008-08-10 at 02:22.
Old 2008-08-10, 06:03   Link #1119
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ That gives me some Battlestar Galactica vibes.
Old 2008-08-11, 10:25   Link #1120
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

OK my thoughts on HOW Sheryl will survive (cause we all KNOW she will, lest the internets burn with the hatred of a thousands fanboys/girls)

Micheal's got the pill or at least the Medical contact does. Well they know what it is, so how hard would it be to make more? Yeah at this point where technology can blow up planets and travel through space, I'm sure they can copy a pill. Also, it's not like the V-Type virus is secret. There's probably other research going on for it.

The other solutions, magical blood cure found in Ranaka ( i'm meh about this one). Or Sheryl's blood some how becomes stable and has the same power as Ranaka's (maybe the pill messed up the stability of the virus).
Closed Thread

Tags
characters