AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 12:55   Link #1201
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
I see this going nowhere. Issei is such a loser that he lost to some girl inside that guys harem with one hit. Well, he can only win if he gets an crazy power-up or the power hidden in his arm does something awesome again while fighting.
To be fair, the conditions weren't right for Issei.

He fights better in a situation where he can either use promotion or has the time to use Dragon Boost a good number of times. Preferrably both at the same time.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 13:28   Link #1202
Casshern

Gives bullshit speech.
Everyone agrees.
Shonen logic.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 13:59   Link #1203
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

He fights better in a situation where he can either use promotion or has the time to use Dragon Boost a good number of times. Preferrably both at the same time.
His Basic stats are shitty, so its time for training shounen power up camp to improve his base stats. Otherwise his SG is worth shit. 10x2 is better than 1x2. And its not like his enemy will sit and drink afternoon tea waiting for Ise to power up. Its not dragon ball where characters shout for half an ep to power up ^^. Still I damn need to catch up, already 4 eps behind ^^.
Old 2012-02-26, 16:28   Link #1204
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Well for things happening in the eighth episode, the person who posted about three to four weeks ago that Rias's was concerned about pre-planned marriage issues nailed it right.

Spoiler:

So, how's gonna Rias's manage to power-up Issei in such a short time for preparation to the rating game?
Obviously, she only needs to give the incentive to Issei not as her pawn but as the Harem King? If you all got what I meant?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:31   Link #1205
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

Well isn't that why he is training really hard after he got beaten by one of Riser's servants?
Old 2012-02-26, 16:39   Link #1206
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

But all of his training will prove useless if he can't man up to punch a girl in the face if he really needs to, let alone 15 of them.

From what I understand of the Rating Game he's about to participate in, it's either him or them and if he can't win against even one girl, he'd put Rias to shame and seriously disappoint her. She expects him to fight and win, not get his ass handed to him by a bunch of pretty girls.
Old 2012-02-26, 16:42   Link #1207
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
But all of his training will prove useless if he can't man up to punch a girl in the face if he really needs to, let alone 15 of them.

From what I understand of the Rating Game he's about to participate in, it's either him or them and if he can't win against even one girl, he'd put Rias to shame and seriously disappoint her. She expects him to fight and win, not get his ass handed to him by a bunch of pretty girls.
You guys are underestimating Ise too much. He might not be very intelligent but I am sure he is very creative in finding ways to deal with problems.
Old 2012-02-26, 16:42   Link #1208
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post

I can already sense the Gremory Team planning a way to defeat the slaves little by little. I did some research on The Rating Game and it was quite interesting. But, Issei DID get defeated by one girl, but that was unexpected. He only boosted once in the anime at the ending. I can tell that in the game, he will hit explosion many times to defeat them.

Just like chess you know?
Old 2012-02-26, 17:38   Link #1209
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Am I mistaken or is Norio Wakamoto really the voice actor for <redacted> (The Dragon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
After much deciding, those who strike me fancy have been circled:
Spoiler:

Flamejerk, you lucky piece of trash!!

Oh, and the original file just in case for anyone else who wants to join.....
http://i.imgbox.com/aas5AOaV.jpg
When you hear who the blond girl is (and why she is in Raiser's "Harem"), in a few episodes, you will sh*** bricks.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 18:36   Link #1210
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
When you hear who the blond girl is (and why she is in Raiser's "Harem"), in a few episodes, you will sh*** bricks.
Now you got me intrigued. I wonder what the surprise is. I thought she's just another lackey meant to be forgotten later on, but it seems there' more to her than meets the eye.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 18:46   Link #1211
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Am I mistaken or is Norio Wakamoto really the voice actor for <redacted> (The Dragon)

This is going to get even more interesting than I thought
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 18:46   Link #1212
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Now you got me intrigued. I wonder what the surprise is. I thought she's just another lackey meant to be forgotten later on, but it seems there' more to her than meets the eye.
Hint. Her Hair.
Old 2012-02-26, 18:57   Link #1213
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Hint. Her Hair.
Are you saying something is special about her drills? How is that related to her joining Raiser's harem? XD
Old 2012-02-26, 19:14   Link #1214
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Hint. Her Hair.
Her hair is not really a hint.
At least not for what I was talking about.
if you mean her hair style:
I doubt anyone could make a connection from that.

Quote:
Are you saying something is special about her drills? How is that related to her joining Raiser's harem? XD
Xaturas is probably talking about that there are usually only girls with two backgrounds have their hair like that.
While she does indeed apply to that one would not be ablee to make a connection from that, since the thing you'd need to make the connection has long ceased from being common knowledge. While they will definitely say who she is, I'm not entirely sure whether they will reveal the reason for her being in Raiser's servant group since they are constantly cutting important dialogue parts for unecessary fanservice scenes, which is exactly what I was talking about when saying unecessary fanservice scenes steal time for important story parts.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:15   Link #1215
Xaturas

Quote:
More hints.
Hair color, drills of a high class oujo-sama.

Quote:
Her hair is not really a hint.
At least not for what I was talking about.
if you mean her hair style:
I doubt anyone could make a connection from that.
Yeah I could easily go she is XY and is connected to YX and can do YY and has ZZ power.

What's the fun in that.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:50   Link #1216
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
While they will definitely say who she is, I'm not entirely sure whether they will reveal the reason for her being in Raiser's servant group since they are constantly cutting important dialogue parts for unecessary fanservice scenes, which is exactly what I was talking about when saying unecessary fanservice scenes steal time for important story parts.
From your statement, it seems that the best way to enjoy the series is to actually read the original source material.

Quote:
More hints.
Judging from AC-Phoenix and your comments, I think I can somewhat speculate about her standing in all of this. I maybe wrong about it, but the hints all point to it.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:50   Link #1217
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
More hints.

Yeah I could easily go she is XY and is connected to YX and can do YY and has ZZ power.

What's the fun in that.
My point is that even if you told them what kind of high class girl she is only a very small amount of people would be able to make the connection.
Saying more than 'the knowledge needed for making the conenction is not common knowledge anymore' would probably already fall under spoiler rules, so I can't specify what I mean.
Edit: Hmm I think 'it has to do with how to adress people' is still save.

Quote:
From your statement, it seems that the best way to enjoy the series is to actually read the original source material.
Yes and no. if theey would follow the original script and not add/move scenes the anime would be perfect. Don't misunderstand me its not bad but devoting more than 50% of an episode to an event happening in volume eight while the story is set in Volume one and two just to add some fanservice is not wise. (Talking about Asia getting her pet dragon here)

Old 2012-02-26, 19:55   Link #1218
Xaturas

Quote:
My point is that even if you told them what kind of high class girl she is only a very small amount of people would be able to make the connection.

That's the point.

This thread is damn dead compared to novel thread which creates about 10-30 pages a day.

Would be nice to have some fun theorycrafting, shipping or anything. Besides the "This boobz/ass are nice" posts every ep.
Old 2012-02-26, 20:24   Link #1219
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Unfortunately, there are still several limitations in this forum for your second suggestion
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 21:36   Link #1220
zzhk
Summary Machine

Even though the blonde girl's identity is completely spoiled by her name in the voice acting credits AND in the ED animation, I think the mods might get sensitive about overt hints.

Quote:
Don't misunderstand me its not bad but devoting more than 50% of an episode to an event happening in volume eight while the story is set in Volume one and two just to add some fanservice is not wise. (Talking about Asia getting her pet dragon here)
Volume 8 is a collection of side stories that take place throughout Volumes 1-7.
What's wrong with adding material that takes place chronologically then, or are you saying you prefer completely anime original filler?

Quote:
That's the point.

This thread is damn dead compared to novel thread which creates about 10-30 pages a day.

Would be nice to have some fun theorycrafting, shipping or anything. Besides the "This boobz/ass are nice" posts every ep.
I don't think a fast moving thread is necessarily a good thing.
When you have off topic posts like
Quote:
left the forums for a full day coz of busy in online game and kaboom 30 pages to catch up as usual
and people talking about off topic posts, the thread becomes inaccessible to newcomers and the mods get unhappy.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen