AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-07, 13:12   Link #21
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

I thought it was hilarious when Luffy just grabbed C.C like the way he did.

Caesar: *Insert sinister speach*
Luffy: Gotcha
Caesar: Da Fuk? 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
BTW.. Tashigi is certainly most narrow minded female character in One Piece.
Explain?
Old 2012-06-07, 13:50   Link #22
marvelB

^I concur. I always figured that Hancock held the title of most narrow-minded female of the series.
Old 2012-06-07, 15:11   Link #23
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^I concur. I always figured that Hancock held the title of most narrow-minded female of the series.
So narrow in fact that it doesn't leave room for the big picture that says "The end is nigh".
Old 2012-06-07, 15:19   Link #24
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Well Tashigi's body is just a normal body even if the dimensions and body parts are different from what smoker is used to. Quite different from having to learn how to use a DF ability and a logia at that.
Her body isn't normal considering she's using a katana. Speaking of that she doesn't have any techniques. Smoker just proved haki can do wonders even if he's in a female body. If they ever do switch back (how will they switch back?) they should be comfortable enough to use their bodies again. Tashigi has seen smoker fighting.. Why can't she have the same intensity in her battles? You can't be proud using a logia df different body (Was it really difficult to use it?).
Old 2012-06-07, 15:45   Link #25
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

People are wondering how they will switch back...Obviously Luffy will tell Law to do it because Smokey isn't Smokey without his smoke body.
Old 2012-06-07, 16:38   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
People are wondering how they will switch back...Obviously Luffy will tell Law to do it because Smokey isn't Smokey without his smoke body.
I'm kind of hoping that there is a natural time limit (and then the bodies automatically switch bac) or some other natural factor that limits Law's power, because he seems a little overpowered to me...
Old 2012-06-07, 16:48   Link #27
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm kind of hoping that there is a natural time limit (and then the bodies automatically switch bac) or some other natural factor that limits Law's power, because he seems a little overpowered to me...
Agreed, out of all the paramecia we've seen so far, Law's is one of the most broken.
Old 2012-06-07, 20:23   Link #28
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That would then make Laws power weak. Everyone in one piece can spam there power like it water. Look at the Logia users, they are like gods. Black Beard has two devil fruits and looking for more. That would be unfair and it would hurt law, especially with the competition he is facing.

Chapter 670
That was not a bad chapter. Luffy is handling Logia Users pretty nicely. CC looks like he was not expecting Luffy to grab him. If this blob get even a quarter of the size of the Island, then there will be big explosion. I am sure the Marine HQ will be able to see it to.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-06-07 at 21:06.
Old 2012-06-07, 21:40   Link #29
Kona
Banned

Luffy could ask but don't think it's going to be that simple. I wouldn't say Laws fruit is broken its that we haven't seen many paramecia users applying haki to their fruit. Since we're in the new world plenty of opportunity for that. Zoans too.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:12   Link #30
Jouten

I hope Oda comes up with a solution that doesn't involve Luffy's/Law's pity for Smoker and Tashigi to switch back.

I want Smoker to legimately get his body back, otherwise it's hard to believe that Smoker is Luffy's Garp anymore
Old 2012-06-08, 05:12   Link #31
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

For once Luffy actually do what any decent protagonists should do, make the move when the badie is still busy explaining his master plan

Robin is really beautiful now btw

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-06-08 at 05:22.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:15   Link #32
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
That would then make Laws power weak. Everyone in one piece can spam there power like it water. Look at the Logia users, they are like gods. Black Beard has two devil fruits and looking for more. That would be unfair and it would hurt law, especially with the competition he is facing.

You're..... kind of missing his point, methinks. True, logia users may be overpowered but even THEY'RE not invincible when faced with either their "weakness" (water and rubber for Croc and Eneru respectively) or a powerful haki user. And considering that the New World is undoubtedly filled with the latter, Law's ability is definitely going to look cheap even amongst the "godlike" element users (and don't forget that it was even already confirmed that Law can use haki himself..... that right there is almost overkill). So yeah, I think I'm gonna agree with James on this one.....
Old 2012-06-08, 10:36   Link #33
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You're..... kind of missing his point, methinks. True, logia users may be overpowered but even THEY'RE not invincible when faced with either their "weakness" (water and rubber for Croc and Eneru respectively) or a powerful haki user. And considering that the New World is undoubtedly filled with the latter, Law's ability is definitely going to look cheap even amongst the "godlike" element users (and don't forget that it was even already confirmed that Law can use haki himself..... that right there is almost overkill). So yeah, I think I'm gonna agree with James on this one.....
oh i think oda will come up with a legitimate weakness for law. it will be interesting to see him fight the top-tier op guys. i'm curious as to what that weakness will be.

speaking of the top-tier DF users, a friend of mine once claimed that these guys could give the dragon ball saiyan a run for their money. i tend to agree. they are god-like after all and they do have the ability to destroy planets. only i doubt they would try to destroy theirs, otherwise they would have nowhere to live in.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:42   Link #34
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Law's ability falls into the same category as Kuma's, they can manipulate not just space and matter but also the intangible and abstract.

I don't think these guys will have any sort of weakness to their ability, they can only be taken down by pure skill and brute strength, or seastone/sea water.

The closest thing to a weakness that Law has is his 'casting speed' and range, which he had improved alot since Shabondy.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-08, 11:03   Link #35
marvelB

BTW, there was something I meant to bring up before: I think that, should it turn out that CC gets taken out sooner than expected, I can think of a potential candidate for the "surprise" final boss of the arc: Joker, the government mole. Or to be more accurate, whatever forces Joker decides to send over to PH should he realize that Caesar failed to erase the intruders. I mean, the WG ordered Kuma to exterminate the Straw-Hats once they discovered Moria's failure during the TB arc, so who would a mole like Joker send, depending on how well-connected he is? A Buster Call, perhaps? One of the other new warlords? Maybe even one of the new admirals? There's no way that Joker would take the Straw-Hats lightly upon discovering that they took out a mad scientist with a powerful DF ability like CC, so it would make the most sense for him to send the appropriate (ie overwhelming) forces to deal with them, methinks.....
Old 2012-06-08, 11:05   Link #36
Kona
Banned

Law only has one new world fight under his belt we've seen. Even then he hard time keeping up with smoker. Smoker got caught off guard. Where is this he's a top tier now coming from.
Old 2012-06-08, 13:44   Link #37
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Great chapter! It was nice to see luffy using haki so casually to grab smoker (tashigi). Smoker himself seemed not impressed at all by this, going after luffy in his state. As expected from the white hunter.
And luffy tackling C.C. is just hilarious. What a bold and reckless move HE just doesnt care!
Old 2012-06-08, 14:08   Link #38
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
Great chapter! It was nice to see luffy using haki so casually to grab smoker (tashigi). Smoker himself seemed not impressed at all by this, going after luffy in his state. As expected from the white hunter.
And luffy tackling C.C. is just hilarious. What a bold and reckless move HE just doesnt care!
Impressed or not,but he was pissed off as hell because he couldn't do shit to Luffy in that body.

But he always looks pissed off,so...
Old 2012-06-08, 17:22   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Law only has one new world fight under his belt we've seen. Even then he hard time keeping up with smoker. Smoker got caught off guard. Where is this he's a top tier now coming from.
Its not about him being top tier, its about his ability being top tier.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-08, 17:33   Link #40
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its not about him being top tier, its about his ability being top tier.
But he isn't top tier, if he was he wouldn't be asking for help to take down a Yonkou.
Closed Thread