AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-06, 20:31   Link #161
royrbff
Foxhound

Send a message via MSN to royrbff
Pretty good first episode! this is gonna be my dose of shoujo for the season.
There were little things in the episode that made me remember Karekano.
royrbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 21:25   Link #162
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Just watched the first episode today and didn't expect much, but liked it much more than I thought I would

Haru is really hilarious. I think that he might be a savant, getting super grades without doing much for it and even after missing school for some time. Behaviourwise though, he's still very childish and naive.

Shizuku is just as anti-social as he is, but for a different reason, she's a study-a-holic.

I think what Haru said, while drastic, fit its purpose very well to outline Haru's mental state. He's got serious issues, and having him use such drastic terms underlined that very well.
犯す can indeed men "rape". Here's the full entry from Kiten:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiten
犯す おかす (v5s,vt) (1) to commit (e.g. crime); to perpetrate; (2) to transgress; to contravene; (3) to violate; to ravish; to rape; to deflower
I think his rough manner of speaking and such is just something he copied from the "friends" he used to hang around with before, which seem to be some nasty delinquents. Being as naive as he is, he probably tought nothing of it adapting their manner of speech and mannerisms, without having any ill intentions.

Anyway, Together, they make for a very interesting couple
I'm curious to see how this will develop.

Interesting tidbit: Read the Engrish that Shizuku wrote in her notebook when she was kidnapped by those thugs. Comedy gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notebook
Mizutani Shizuku is batting which does not enter usually
It was coming to the center.

"that me although I am Mizutani Is Mr Yoshida here?"
If it is right "Haru?" The look turned in order that
the man in char- acter (sic!) with an employee may show the
place of "Yoshida Haru" The man has rolled with a blunt
sound from the point. It has bled from the nose
Since there is likely to be no intention to rise, roll
somehow Seemingly, it has fainted as it is.

Also while looking at a man, there is nothing, and angry voice.
If *that* is the English of the girl who is the best in her year, I really don't want to see the English of those who are worse than her XD
Old 2012-10-08, 08:37   Link #163
KaoruAoiShiho

Based on the supposed ambiguity it sounds like violate would've been the better word to use?
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 09:10   Link #164
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^there's no room for ambiguity.

犯す means "rape" when a man is saying to a woman. There is no alternative.
The context of commiting a crime is used when it's said in such contextual manner, such as an statement of action of crime is being commited.

But when it's used as a verb for an action done by individual to another, it means "rape".
Just because a word has multiple meanings doesn't mean they apply disregarding context.

tl;dr, yes, it means rape. No alternative meaning in the way it was used.
There's no ambiguity, none.

BTW, loved the first episode, though a little too heavy on guy-moe for my taste.
Hilarious episode, but I was half expecing some Fujiko Fujio A references due to the title completely taking its name from his work.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-10-08 at 10:54.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 13:21   Link #165
ookamigirl

That guy is a total good-hearted airhead.
She is sooo totally in love with him it's ROFL!
Haru & Shizuku such a weird, yet really well suited couple.
Hope this isn't turning into Sket Dance....
Looks like Shizuku was going through all the hoops of being in love.
That sure was a new and unusual experience for her.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 13:46   Link #166
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 2

God these characters are hilarious. I'm totally over that rape comment in the last episode. These characters have already won me over.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 13:46   Link #167
RainbowMagnet

Fuck yeah my favourite characters have arrived!

Great episode. I'm glad they slowed down the pace this time.

Natsume's chicken song at the end and the fried chicken bit were my favourite parts, although I thought that the whole episode was hilarious.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 14:00   Link #168
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2012-10-08, 14:03   Link #169
EroKing

Images
Episode 2 screenshots
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
Fuck yeah my favourite characters have arrived!

Great episode. I'm glad they slowed down the pace this time.

Natsume's chicken song at the end and the fried chicken bit were my favourite parts, although I thought that the whole episode was hilarious.
No kidding
Chicken, chicken, chicken~ Chicken, chicken~ ITADAKIMASU~!
Old 2012-10-08, 14:34   Link #170
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That chicken song at the end. xD

She seems like a pretty cool character, and so is the rooster. Episode 2 Definitely worth the wait.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 15:06   Link #171
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Episode 2

God these characters are hilarious. I'm totally over that rape comment in the last episode. These characters have already won me over.
Exactly how I feel.
Old 2012-10-08, 15:09   Link #172
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haru's "I would totally do you" almost made me choke. That guy is so spontaneous, he just speaks whatever goes through his mind.

The pace has slowed down a bit from last week, but things are still progressing rather fast. I didn't expect Shizuku to acknowledge -much less confess- her love to Haru so soon. So, what now? The best way to the show going is to bring in more characters, rival characters to be exact.

Speaking of new characters, the new chick was pretty funny. I hope she will be a regular. She was apparently voiced by a newcomer, she made a nice impression on me. She has a great voice and her performance was fairly good. Looking forward to hearing more of her.
Old 2012-10-08, 15:31   Link #173
HandofFate

Natsume was pretty funny. Many facial expressions, and changes in tone of voice was really enjoyable to listen to.

Anyone catch the glimpses of the japanese pages of the online community natsume belonged to? Any hints on what kind of community it was from the visible japanese text on the website?

Mizu girl enjoyable as usual. Her character is really developed and she feels authentic so far. Not sure about Haru though, he doesn't really have the presence of a real character yet, just a device to get reactions and growth out of the main girl. Wonder if any future episode will focus on conflict centered on him that isn't joke-oriented.
Old 2012-10-08, 15:59   Link #174
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Anyone catch the glimpses of the japanese pages of the online community natsume belonged to? Any hints on what kind of community it was from the visible japanese text on the website?
It was too small for me to read properly, but from what I could see it was just a regular blog-type community.

I liked episode 2 more than ep 1, mostly because of the two new characters - Asako was cute and funny and Sasahara was voiced by Oosaka Ryouta whom I really want to hear more. Shizuku is also a nice character though for me it's mostly because her seiyuu is doing such a great job with her... otherwise her development in this ep was a bit too fast
Spoiler for for ep 2 just in case:

Haru, though, is pulling the show down, at least for me. He's just... I don't want to say "unrealistic" because this is an anime after all, but he's so unreal. Sometimes he reminds me of Morita from Honey&Clover, but even he, easily the most outlandish character in Honey&Clover, felt much more real than Haru.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:27   Link #175
Arya

Nice episode, Natsume is hilarious when she puked ... I really liked her voice actress. And I'm liking Shizuku quite a bit, too. But I have to agree with HandofFate and kuromitsu about Haru, (even the Morita part). So far I can't feel him, he doesn't seem a real character so far, and for that reason I can't feel the romance part of the show either.
Anyways I liked the episode more than episode one.
I don't know if I got it right, but it seems that Shizuku started to have feeling for Haru (I can't take her confession too seriously anyways), but on the other hand Haru doesn't so much, or it's more that he is not truly well aware of his feelings. Anyways it's hard to say given the kind of character he is. Maybe it's like they are confessing their feelings in advance, due to their lack of experience (?), sort of.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:35   Link #176
sikvod00

The expression on Shizuku's face after Haru said he'd totally do her was absolutely golden!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:59   Link #177
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

This series is so cute. It's one of my favorites from this season.
Old 2012-10-08, 18:25   Link #178
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Episode 2 is chapter three of the manga in anime form, and very well done, indeed. Very faithful to the source, including Mitty's barb at her math-challenged father, as well as the half-price sticker offender, and, of course, her confession. If anyone felt that the pacing of the anime was still fast, it's due to the pacing of the manga itself, which the anime was simply reflecting.

My favorite bit of the episode, much improved over only two frames in the manga, was Mitty and Haru quick-stepping away from a Asako vomiting on the sidewalk.

On the other hand, like others, it did seem to me that that confession was pretty quick out of the gate for someone who had never had any friends, let alone a boyfriend.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 18:45   Link #179
mistress_kisara

LOL at the chicken song at the end!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 18:52   Link #180
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Just watched the first episode, and I have to say it's probably the best 20 minutes of Shojo I've ever seen. However, I'm a bit worried about how the series will continue from here. The problem I always have with Shojo is that the plot ends out losing direction and starting to meander aimlessly, all the while keeping the central relationship on a slow burn with no progress. I hope the same doesn't happen here. Otherwise, the first episode really impressed me, and managed to thaw this jaded heart.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo