AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 19:55   Link #401
BaronNoir

Witchblade question...(spoilers)

I'm a s... for animes like this, so I'm mesmerized by it. (well, rather, I want to...get...it ASAP)

So, to people who have watched it...I'm trying to figure out the general storyline

Apparently, later on the show, the main character begin to have some troubles with her daughter-relationship wise, she is loving her too much.

What this means ? Spoil with frenesy
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 20:57   Link #402
rpgman1

This should be in the Witchblade thread.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 19:34   Link #403
gelugon2105
Ominous

Everybody has red cheeks and nose when they are drunk

Alcohol causes inflammation of the veins (or is it arteries?) in the cheeks and nose, so Masane should have a streak of red from one cheek, across the nose and to the other cheek, typical of some anime characters who blush (or when they see a particularly ecchi scene). Having her look like a more adult version of Rihoko, i.e. having the same rosy cheeks doesn't really make her look drunk, in my opinion. However, I have to say that it's still better than the rookie-made scenes for the TV broadcast, after having seen the fansub for ep 9.
gelugon2105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 09:17   Link #404
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Y'know when I look at this I sort of wonder...WTF is 'GONZO' DOING????

I mean yeah some of the shots have been redrawn for the better but I'm starting to get bugged by the "smiley mouths". Though I'll have to admit the shot where she's trying to become the 'WB' while drunk and then conks out is pretty funny. She looks so goofy there. But then again this is 'Masane' we're talking about. Good drinker, clumsy, with great sense of duty. Yeah, they're trying to sell her "moe" goodness. The drunken bedtime kiss was cute.

As far as everyone else could see the rounded features and mouths were part of the original designs, however they weren't this pronounced. Most of the characters you could either see their lower teeth on the bottom and a more rounded set of denture work on the top. But from some shots it just doesn't look right. It's like painting a "smiley face" right on top of the 'Mona Lisa'. I want 'Masane' dammit not 'Kermit the Frog'! Oh well. Like I told a friend I'll be keeping my 'WB' "files" as reference. Of course I'll be purchasing the series when it comes out. But since the broadcast holds so many laughable moments I just can't let it go. Something like this only happens every once in awhile. Since I've been following the DVD releases every now and then you run across stuff that makes you go...hmmmm....

Like for example:

Q: Why was 'Shiori' kissing and licking that hand?
A:
Spoiler:

Q: What happened just before 'Shiori' broke loose from the hospital?
A:
Spoiler:
Yeah, it's "like that."

I went over to the site Monday just to check and see if they filled in the rest of the cast. I was mainly going there to see what the 4th DVD cover looked like. Seems I was pretty on the mark. I took a guess that it would be a toss up between either something that happened in ep. 11 and 12 or the party which is ep. 10. They chose to sell 'Masane's sexy good looks from the party. The cover is funny as hell. But I was right on about the LE slip cover being 'Nora'. Now I can only guess that vol. 5 might have something from the beach deal as nothing happens much during 17-18 except more story. But I bet they put the beach deal on the cover. Hell, they already have a "radio" CD featuring a scene from the beach.

Back to the site, I finally had a chance to check out the rest of the cast. They added 'Nishida', 'Aoi and 'Asagi'. I tell you 'Uno Makoto' giving them all this "vogue" poses. 'Nishida' looks like a model. But then there's 'Aoi' and 'Asagi'. And you finally really get to look closely at their designs. 'Didn't know that 'Aoi' was packing so much "BACK" downstairs. I'm like DAMMMMMMMN! No wonder she doesn't have anything up top, kamisama put it all down on the bottom. But 'Asagi', <shudder-shudder> <shakes head> now talk about your "pasty", "anorexic", "knock-kneed", "pigeon-toed" "freak!!" GAWD!!!
Talk about loose on the pen. Talk about "low-riders", those are beyond the definition try "pubic-riders". Even the 'DB' form is a chuckle in a half. As she's still "pigeon-toed" with the blades facing inward. Of course, gelugon2105 hates 'Asagi' anyway so it's no shame that we didn't get to see more.

Ah well...

As for the ending. I found one artist that felt that the story didn't end. In fact 'Masane' came back and scared the crap out of 'Reiji' and 'Rihoko'. So they all went out to have a bite to eat. WTF????? Right now he's working a little doujin. Don't know what all the deal is with "futanari"??? Can't we just have a normal story????? Hahahaha!!! Having 'Masane' sitting in a room with 'Rihoko' possessing "extra equipment" with a stupid (I don't know where it came from <shocked>) look on her face is just asking for trouble.

Oh yeah, no problem gelugon2105 about the goods. But hey who knows they could produce more over time. I mean they're putting out another "radio" drama. So now there will be 2. This covers more stuff that happens at the beach. The sketch and design book had preliminary work in it. Like 'Masane' wearing an apron. Who would have thought? I really wish I had gotten hold of this book. These are one of those items that are sold "exclusively" through select retailers but in very limited quantities. So if the retailer runs out there's no say as to when they'll get more. The book was sold through 'Animate.jp' and maybe one more place. At this time there is no more instock and it has been removed from their site. The only available retailers that we know of that managed to get hold of it were 'Animaxis.com' and 'Otaku.com'. At this time both retailers have sold out and can't restock it so it has been removed from their inventory. My only hope is that they release a full "establishment works" book, that contains conceptual art and colored illustrations. One ideal I had for a really nice artbook is basically getting as many artists to draw their renditions for 'WB'. It would be like a fanbook. I could see it.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-10-20 at 13:41.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 07:24   Link #405
gelugon2105
Ominous

Yowza

Like I have written, the Japanese (especially their anime artists and producers) can be rather weird. As noted by chrno, they fill their re-releases of animes with all sorts of omake stuff, made to look like deleted scenes. As for the DVD covers, only attractive-looking ones can make do; this is a given, not just in Japan (just look at Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet and you will get what I mean).

About the futanari term, it literally means “double form” (info source: Wikipedia), thus the extra equipment chrno mentioned. It seems that some hentai artists are loathe to include male participants in their works, yet still prefer the presence of the male member; hence the rather common use of futanari themes. Otherwise, male participants are blacked out like they are corporeal shadows.

Anyway, back to the discussion of the DVD version: are there only extra/deleted scenes included in the DVDs? Any additions to the original plot?

P.S. I find it comfortable corresponding with you guys (rpgman1, chrno, guido, w-rex, etc.). Since this was the first thread I wrote in, I made the mistake of presuming every AnimeSuki member would be like you guys. I seem to have stoked a smoldering fire in the Naruto Filler Discussion thread, and I am earnestly trying to douse it before it turns into an inferno. If any of you happen to go to that thread and post a message, please do not mention my mentioning of it here. I started writing in it from page 36, up to 40.

Last edited by gelugon2105; 2006-10-20 at 07:28. Reason: Forgot to include thread page numbers
gelugon2105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 15:06   Link #406
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelugon2105 View Post
Like I have written, the Japanese (especially their anime artists and producers) can be rather weird. As noted by chrno, they fill their re-releases of animes with all sorts of omake stuff, made to look like deleted scenes. As for the DVD covers, only attractive-looking ones can make do; this is a given, not just in Japan (just look at Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet and you will get what I mean).

About the futanari term, it literally means “double form” (info source: Wikipedia), thus the extra equipment chrno mentioned. It seems that some hentai artists are loathe to include male participants in their works, yet still prefer the presence of the male member; hence the rather common use of futanari themes. Otherwise, male participants are blacked out like they are corporeal shadows.

Anyway, back to the discussion of the DVD version: are there only extra/deleted scenes included in the DVDs? Any additions to the original plot?
A little but not by much. I'm literally watching them side by side. Talk about having 'WB' burned in my head so badly that I can literally remember what happened in each episode. My mind hasn't been that keen since my 'Iczer-1' days. Goes to show you how old I am. No wait, you can just look at my profile for that. DARN!!

But from what I can see there isn't much changes in the overall work other than them throwing stuff in. Like what I mentioned before. I've only watched "raws" for the DVD version up to ep 9 and plan to keep going until the end. Other than what I mentioned above that was the only change I saw so far. Most of the changes I wrote about several posts back were technical things. Like coloring, retouching, redrawing and some edits. I did comparisons for ep. 1-3. I decided not to do anymore because people want to see images not read about it. I was pretty thorough and extensive. To the point I started buring out which was the reason I almost didn't post ep. 3. So I will not be doing it again.

As to whether the extra scene adds to the story or not, well...we already knew that 'Shiori' had a thing for 'Reina'. But touching her "ass" doesn't add anymore or less to the story than it did when the scene wasn't included.

Oh and 'Shiori' tasting 'Reina's tonsils while she lets her do it (which she did only to keep her calm and from escaping the hospital) doesn't tell you anything either. Other than it makes for an imaginative fanfic.

<Heavy breathing> "Oh sensei, now that I'm all F**KED up inside, did I ever tell you...*haaaah-haaa*...how much I admire you as a person? ...*hahnn*...maybe we could scratch each other's itches...*haaah*

That's right folks, in this scene it was admitted that 'Reina' was willing to submit to a pleasure-ridden "yuri" relationship with 'Shiori' and say "F**K" to getting the 'WB' and 'Father' too!! Yeah, thats' what I get out of that ONE scene.

They only thing they did do was make you realize how bloody things were when 'Shiori' was done killing and raping. Good lard!

Oh, and from what I saw in ep. 7, they didn't change the boat deal. GAAAAH!! I'M SO MAD!! Well, not really. They fixed up those awkward body shots. Like "boobies". After all we got to perfect 'Masane's "melons" and 'Shiori's "giga-torpedoes". But that faraway shot that looked like something drawn by a 5 year old wasn't changed. Hahahaha!!

The improvements to the set designs do give you a better sense of "how" things happened and "where".

For example like what I pointed out in vol. 1. Because it was clearer I could see where 'Masane' was (age 17) during the time of the accident and the "contract" with the 'WB'. You couldn't see that in the broadcast version.

In ep. 7 because they fixed up the backgrounds during 'Reina's escape you got a better sense of where she was when the 'WB' reacted. I could see that she was fleeing from a burning car on a highway not far from a toll pass.

This would now answer any questions of how 'Rihoko' ended up in Masane's charge. Also, watching the series again also sheds light on those questions folks had during the series. Considering that you had to wait episodes later to get the answers going back and looking at things again you notice stuff you didn't. Making things all the more clear. Like whether 'Reiji' and 'Reina' "dood-it".

But from what I can see there isn't much change. Some tidbits here and there. Also, often times if they don't feel like retouching something they won't as they see nothing wrong with it. If they tried to retouch everything then it would be like redoing the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelugon2105
P.S. I find it comfortable corresponding with you guys (rpgman1, chrno, guido, w-rex, etc.). Since this was the first thread I wrote in, I made the mistake of presuming every AnimeSuki member would be like you guys. I seem to have stoked a smoldering fire in the Naruto Filler Discussion thread, and I am earnestly trying to douse it before it turns into an inferno. If any of you happen to go to that thread and post a message, please do not mention my mentioning of it here. I started writing in it from page 36, up to 40.
Thanks, no problem. No gasoline ignited fires here. Just friendly campfire. I guess the one reason why flame wars get started on boards is people are too busy trying to beat various views into one's head. Happens when you get too involved with a show that's got too much going for it. Already saw something like that in 'Strawberry Panic'. And the best one 'Mahoromatic' on 'ANN'. I stay away from those things. My view is that it's ok to post your opinion about something. But to be honest if one hates a show they should not post at all. And if you do keep it short and that's it. Because arguing views back and forth doesn't get anywhere except "flames". Because the majority is for the show not against it. Not to mention everyone's view is different. Stuff like that goes into a "why I don't like this show or vice-versa. Oh well, but hey post are for debates too. Everyone's got a mind to speak. I saw just enjoy it. As for 'Naruto' not interested don't care!

Hahahaha!!!

Old 2006-11-07, 14:22   Link #407
chrno

New WITCHBLADE Fan Visual Book Out!!!

Ok for all you 'Witchblade' fans out there that missed out on the establishment (sketch) works book, there is a NEW 'WITCHBLADE Visual Fan Book' out! This I think will make up for the last book and will probably carry those same images. This will need to be confirmed with anyone that did pick up the sketch works as it was hard to come by and probably not many were produced when it was first released. Which is why it was only exclusively carried by selected retailers. Inside and outside of Japan.

There are 2 places whom I've come across by accident that are carrying it. 'Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) and 'Otaku.com'.

HLJ -price is $20+ with (S+H) either SAL or EMS total will vary on weight and what shipping method you choose.

http://www.hlj.com/product/JIV76358

Otaku.com - price is $32.95 (S+H) is around $10 for the first item and $5 for anything extra. They use a combination of EMS/USPS.

http://www.otaku.com/cgi-bin/itemview.asp?itemid=71641l

After looking at the total both almost come out to roughly the same. Which is either $40 or under. I'll pay the extra just to get the tracking.

I'm not missing out on this S** T again!!!!

If you check it out on 'Otaku.com's site you can see additional pics. I already ordered mine a few seconds before posting this. So don't miss out, 'KAY????

Oh, and raws for 10-12 are out. This should be good. More smiley mouths. Gotta DL'd those and see for myself. Oye vay!

So just dropping off the info.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-11-07 at 15:19.
Old 2006-11-08, 21:49   Link #408
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Witchblade DVD Vol. 4 - MORE CHANGES (DVD vs. TV)

Just took a look at Vol. 4 today, and aside from the usual animation clean ups, Episode 11 was COMPLETELY redone in every aspect of the episode.

I'll post screencaps tomorrow when I get the chance.

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 18:34   Link #409
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
Just took a look at Vol. 4 today, and aside from the usual animation clean ups, Episode 11 was COMPLETELY redone in every aspect of the episode.

I'll post screencaps tomorrow when I get the chance.
Chances I'll be here as usual provided I don't see it for myself. I have yet to watch it side by side myself. Then I can start griping. Hahahahahaha!!!

See you then!

Old 2007-07-16, 20:54   Link #410
dumbo63

Was anyone else amazingly impressed as I was by the ending?
dumbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 03:31   Link #411
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I was impressed bye the ending 2.... gotta say.... I really loved it!......Fan-service/cute heart-touching story/hot mamas/boobgina-blades..........what's not to love?
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 03:02   Link #412
kauldron26
Med Student

wow... i just finished witchblade... hands down one of the best endings ever ever ever... to think i thought the show would be crap. i love being proven wrong when it comes to anime. one of the best endings ever ever ever....
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 13:27   Link #413
rpgman1

Do you think Funimation did a good job with the dub and the script? It hasn't come out yet so I was wondering. As for the ending, it was supposed to happen because the Witchblade is slowly killing her when she keeps using Level 2. Even though Top Cow told Gonzo that Masane isn't supposed to be dead, but Masane disappearing into the light makes sense.

Last edited by rpgman1; 2007-09-23 at 13:30. Reason: Add more about the ending
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 11:31   Link #414
kauldron26
Med Student

i stopped reading top cow when i realized that they plan on making their characters last forever, and that doesnt include the fact that many of their comics were constantly left incomplete. aphrodite IX and dozens more. top cow has become all flash and style. it amazes me that people seem to complain about the fanservice in this anime... the comic book has 10 times more.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 17:06   Link #415
Swta111

Hey everyone-

i was woundering if they are considering or making a new witchblade (anime) series because i liked the anime one just done and was hoping ther would be anouther....

anyone know anything?

Thanks
Swta111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 13:42   Link #416
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swta111 View Post
Hey everyone-

i was woundering if they are considering or making a new witchblade (anime) series because i liked the anime one just done and was hoping ther would be anouther....

anyone know anything?

Thanks
There is no word at this time.

I had wondered this myself with the release of the manga (Witchblade - Takeru) and the novel (Witchblade Lost Generation ~ Midori no Shoujo).

Now that the anime has been accepted into the 'Witchblade' timeline by 'Top Cow' I had wondered if they might consider another story since they are leaving the 'Witchblade' in Japan for now. While both books feature two completely different bearers. The novel's bearer is supposed to take place in the same timeline as the anime.
Spoiler:
The info. on this novel is limited based on what info. I could provide here and then added to the wiki by someone else. I eventually had to change 'Yuri' (which I originally had) to 'Midori' based on a "furigana" breakdown of the protagonist's name in the title. Thanks to the people who know the language. So chances are we won't be getting it. The cover design is done by the same character designer as the anime. It has received mixed feelings.

So if they ever did decide to make a another 'Witchblade' they could material from these two stories. But the next project for 'Gonzo' is supposed to be 'Top Cow's 'Darkness' series.

Hope this helps.

Old 2007-11-02, 16:41   Link #417
tatsuzan

president-director interview

Kajita Kouji, who is a President-Director of Gonzo, talked about producing Witchblade anime in a interview of a magazine.

「海外の原作を日本の才能が料理する。GONZOがプロデュースすると、『ウィッチブレイド』
はこうなるというのを日本のファン、世界のファンに見せたいんです。
これは才能の融合です。世界中の原作者たちに、アニメ化をGONZOに任せてほしい。
まあ、まだ第一弾に着手したばかりなので夢のお話ですけどGONZOにアニメを作らせれば必ず面白くします 」

I try to translate a part of it....

"...Japanese talents ”cook” the overseas original. I want to show japanse and world fans, how Wichblade appear by GONZO's produce. This is fusion of the talent. I want the authors all over the world to leave anime-nization to GONZO.
Well, this is still a dream. I just started the first step.
If ask anime-nize to GONZO, we will make it interesting by all means,I promise."

(plz collect it if my translation is strange.)

This seems to be considered a bad joke among japanse fandom.

Last edited by tatsuzan; 2007-11-02 at 16:54.
tatsuzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 14:58   Link #418
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
Thumbs up

i've just recently watched witchblade and the end it was kind of like wow, it does something to me, never has any movie or anime affected me this much.

it spins in my head over and over, and i'm the kind of guy that does not give a damm about something happening to anything and everybody, and yet it the end drives me crazy.

but it was rushed, not completed, you see that the daughter (RIHOKO/ RIKO) standing next to her origenal father, the reporter in the helicopter working to put (MASANA/ MASAMUNE) in a good light and then she dies and all of these light orbs come flying down and the serie ends, with nothing to be said wat happened to (RIHOKO) and the reporter with his story and all the other friends they have.
psycho_luny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 15:34   Link #419
CKLerd

I recently bought the box set and finished watching it all. It was quite depressing. My overall sympathies went to Rihoko. Like some people have expressed already, it felt unfinished and real closure is what I think the series needed. I was lurking through several pages in this thread and caught a lot of the discussion about Takayama and Masane knockin' boots. Part of me sort of thinks nothing happened but if it did then Episode 19 would've been the most appropriate time for it to happen. Maybe I'm in denial. I say this because of speculation in what may have possibly happened in Episode 15 with her sans sports bra (is that what she wears?) underneath her top, Takayama's unbuttoned shirt and Tozawa finally getting through to her after who knows how many attempts he tried in calling her. Like someone already expressed on here, I think that is in poor taste on her part. I mean, damn, your daughter's basically living with a stranger obviously missing you and you go off into the arms of your own boss. Since going back to that episode my initial sympathies for Masane fell like a ton of bricks. My daughter first before anything else, that's the way I see it.
CKLerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 22:54   Link #420
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKLerd View Post
I recently bought the box set and finished watching it all. It was quite depressing. My overall sympathies went to Rihoko. Like some people have expressed already, it felt unfinished and real closure is what I think the series needed. I was lurking through several pages in this thread and caught a lot of the discussion about Takayama and Masane knockin' boots. Part of me sort of thinks nothing happened but if it did then Episode 19 would've been the most appropriate time for it to happen. Maybe I'm in denial. I say this because of speculation in what may have possibly happened in Episode 15 with her sans sports bra (is that what she wears?) underneath her top, Takayama's unbuttoned shirt and Tozawa finally getting through to her after who knows how many attempts he tried in calling her. Like someone already expressed on here, I think that is in poor taste on her part. I mean, damn, your daughter's basically living with a stranger obviously missing you and you go off into the arms of your own boss. Since going back to that episode my initial sympathies for Masane fell like a ton of bricks. My daughter first before anything else, that's the way I see it.
Well, the bearer has been known in the past to have partners.

The guy is rich and cute. The bearers prob don't live until retirement either. Masane is not the epitome of motherhood. They were babysitters for her before. Only this time she had more fun.

Masane and Takayama were both drunk in ep. 10 right? Things happen when you're intoxicated.