AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 11:51   Link #28561
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
We had enough of Seed and UC releases in 2012. Give some 00, Age, Wing, and maybe even X and G a chance.
Again, what are you talking about? Can’t you see Bandai’s big promotion of future releases that is MG Tallgeese, AGE-3 Norm, and AGE-FX ? Bandai is giving Wing and AGE a chance.
Old 2013-01-05, 12:53   Link #28562
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Again, what are you talking about? Can’t you see Bandai’s big promotion of future releases that is MG Tallgeese, AGE-3 Norm, and AGE-FX ? Bandai is giving Wing and AGE a chance.
I agree, especially considering that SEED: DESTINY HD and Gundam UC6 are coming out next year.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 14:10   Link #28563
Jimmy C

Quote:
Yeah. It makes me curious just what Bandai kit Jimmy is working on. I suppose it's not from Evangelion or Patlabor line. Could be from Macross line.
Nothing so spectacular. Just the Space Brothers Mutta and Apo EVA set my brother got me for my birthday.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 16:34   Link #28564
FalsePrime

Quote:
We had enough of Seed and UC releases in 2012. Give some 00, Age, Wing, and maybe even X and G a chance.
Unless you've been living under a rock for the last two years you know that Wing has been getting a huge push, and is getting a brand new frame in Leo, so this one is pointless.

X had another chance with HGAW and it tanked. AGE has gotten way more then alot of series with a lack of 1/100 NG's and it's under performed and yet still has two coming up so again trying to argue this is pointless.

OO and G are the only ones that can be argued and given the push for UC, SEED, Destiny, Wing, and AGE it makes sense. However even OO has stuff like the Exia Repair 3 Metal Build. So the only thing that you asked for that you haven't got is G.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 18:29   Link #28565
maknaedik

Quote:
Not we, YOU I love UC and Seed

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 21:51   Link #28566
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

His complaint doesn't even make sense, considering that Age got more MGs in 2012 than any other series with 5, more than Seed (4) or UC (3). Not to mention the crap-ton of stuff Age got in 1/144 scale due to the show airing.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 02:34   Link #28567
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
I agree, especially considering that SEED: DESTINY HD and Gundam UC6 are coming out next year.
U mean this year? Its 2013 now XD

As for all the above: Totally correct

1. Bandais hands full
2. AGE and Wing are STILL being pushed despite UC and DESTINY
3. 00 is still very recent unlike Wing or DESTINY (soon not to be I guess)
4. Once Bandai gets these out of the way we will obviously start to see more of Suiton's list as options start to dwindle for other series
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 04:31   Link #28568
maknaedik

Update on my UC MG, Sinanju ver Ka

Spoiler for Legs:

Destroyed some decals here and there, but they aren't that obvious and I kinda feel lazy soo, whatever :P

Old 2013-01-06, 06:59   Link #28569
Akyra

*sigh*...one of those arguments again?

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind seeing a MG double X or something. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think X is the only series without a MG (but having said that, X got cut short because of a lack of interest...)

So assuming Seed Destiny gets the HD treatment this year, I reckon a MG Legend might get released. That'll go well with my MG SF, IJ and Destiny...

I've pretty much given up on the druggies...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 16:06   Link #28570
FalsePrime

Yeah X did under perform and was ended before it's full run. However so did the original Gundam, granted X will never bounce back like 0079 but now it is neither the only one to be cut short (0079) or the worst performing Gundam (AGE).

I to would love to see a MG of DX, despite hating the series and designs I would like to have all the leads in MG, well aside from SEED and Destiny.
Old 2013-01-06, 18:13   Link #28571
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Yeah X did under perform and was ended before it's full run. However so did the original Gundam, granted X will never bounce back like 0079 but now it is neither the only one to be cut short (0079) or the worst performing Gundam (AGE).

I to would love to see a MG of DX, despite hating the series and designs I would like to have all the leads in MG, well aside from SEED and Destiny.
The problem with X is that it did get it's chance with a HG Gundam X and while it was a decent model it still didn't sell well to my knowledge.
So while a MG X would definitely be awesome it's chances of being released look rather bad right now. Afterall Bandai often uses the HG kits as a benchmark plattform of sorts to determine the overall interest for a certain model.
The western markets might have a higher demand for a MG X/X Devider or even a MG DX but since they don't really actively sell their kits here they don't really care about us.

On the other hand this makes me wonder why we haven't seen a MG V2 yet. Maybe they just didn't know yet how to include all of it's different incarnations in one pack? You know, the Assault, the Buster and the Assault Buster?
However! They recently released the Duel Assault Shroud and did it really well there with all the extra pieces for the actual assault shroud.
They also recently released the AGE-2 Dark Hound which has a visor that can be popped down on one eye, similar to the V2's heat sensor!
Maybe I'm crazy or just too tired to think properly at this point, but to me this almost looks like they could just take what they learned from those two kits to make a great MG V2!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 18:24   Link #28572
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
The problem with X is that it did get it's chance with a HG Gundam X and while it was a decent model it still didn't sell well to my knowledge.
So while a MG X would definitely be awesome it's chances of being released look rather bad right now. Afterall Bandai often uses the HG kits as a benchmark plattform of sorts to determine the overall interest for a certain model.
The western markets might have a higher demand for a MG X/X Devider or even a MG DX but since they don't really actively sell their kits here they don't really care about us.

On the other hand this makes me wonder why we haven't seen a MG V2 yet. Maybe they just didn't know yet how to include all of it's different incarnations in one pack? You know, the Assault, the Buster and the Assault Buster?
However! They recently released the Duel Assault Shroud and did it really well there with all the extra pieces for the actual assault shroud.
They also recently released the AGE-2 Dark Hound which has a visor that can be popped down on one eye, similar to the V2's heat sensor!
Maybe I'm crazy or just too tired to think properly at this point, but to me this almost looks like they could just take what they learned from those two kits to make a great MG V2!
I'm aware of X's sales issues, and have mentioned them several times myself in this very thread. My point was only that X's suffering isn't unique on any front. So a MG X/DX could come down the line given we are still getting AGE MG's and everything we've seen has painted the sales of AGE line in genearl in a bad light.

As far as V2 goes, I haven't the slightest clue. Until AGE perfomace Victory was only above X as it did quite poorly as well, and we never did see or hear about how the MG performed. I do expect decently given it was a Ver Ka and they later released the Core Booster pack, however it may not have done well enough to be worth a V2.

That said V2 has been getting a decent amount of love and they even had him as one of the cover stars of stuff like Extreme Vs so maybe one day we will get him along side Zero TV, X and DX to finish off the 90's lead in MG.
Old 2013-01-06, 19:45   Link #28573
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Just finished building the Master Grade Nu Gundam Ver Ka. I took some pictures before mounting it onto the stand, and it simply looks beastly. I do apologise, I'm using an older camera for these images.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

As with pretty much every other reviewer out there, I wasn't used to the malleability of the inner frame, but the completed model feels solid. As for the other issues about the kit? I can live with the wrists being loose, and the funnels are best left on the included stand I did try to apply the decals and accidentally wiped them out during the transformation, but honestly, decals or not, the Nu is an excellent model kit that was fun to build and even more fun to stare at
Old 2013-01-06, 22:37   Link #28574
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^Nice job . So, do you like the exposed psycho-frame?

I see you didn't do much panel-lining. I think it will make your Nu look nicer if you did ^^.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-01-07 at 05:55. Reason: grammar check
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 05:41   Link #28575
Akyra

I thought Bandai released some sort of teaser re MG Wing Zero TV ver?

But I agree...Bandai will no doubt milk Seed and UC line before releasing something from X or G-Gundam line. One can always dream!
Old 2013-01-07, 07:09   Link #28576
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra View Post
I thought Bandai released some sort of teaser re MG Wing Zero TV ver?

But I agree...Bandai will no doubt milk Seed and UC line before releasing something from X or G-Gundam line. One can always dream!
It's not unusual for bandai to want to sell it products right. As about milking, bandai seems to have switched from random MG releases to purpose group releases. We had Wing EW releases, all nicely grouped and gundam AGE releases. Now it's the 5 main gundams from seed. I suspect that when seed destiny get's HD's we will see a group of destiny main gundams, most likely gaia, saviour, legend, chaos and abyss to be released in quick succession. After that maybe they will turn to the 8th ms team as it's taking again a forefront...

It's the same in the Robot damashii line, also quick succession of figures from the same animé

I would love a wing zero TV version, let's hope after my even more loved Tallgeese it will come
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 08:04   Link #28577
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
It's not unusual for bandai to want to sell it products right. As about milking, bandai seems to have switched from random MG releases to purpose group releases. We had Wing EW releases, all nicely grouped and gundam AGE releases. Now it's the 5 main gundams from seed. I suspect that when seed destiny get's HD's we will see a group of destiny main gundams, most likely gaia, saviour, legend, chaos and abyss to be released in quick succession. After that maybe they will turn to the 8th ms team as it's taking again a forefront...
I honestly think that we'll only get Saviour or Chaos, because the other two didn't even get an NG 1/100 treatment.

Old 2013-01-07, 08:26   Link #28578
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I honestly think that we'll only get Saviour or Chaos, because the other two didn't even get an NG 1/100 treatment.
It would be a very nice surprise if the opposite happens though. Having a Gundam that can transform into a dog in MG will be very exciting.
Old 2013-01-07, 10:40   Link #28579
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
^Nice job . So, do you like the exposed psycho-frame?

I see you didn't do much panel-lining. I think it will make your Nu look nicer if you did ^^.
I don't typically do panel lining because A) I'm too lazy and B) I'm not sure if there are other pens that have similar results as Gundam markers That said, I might give it a shot if I can get the right tools. The exposed psycoframe is brilliant
Old 2013-01-07, 11:04   Link #28580
Akyra

That's true firefox. I agree. It was good timing as well cos I managed to buy all the Wing MGs (bar Tallgeese) in one go when i went back to HK in April last year.

I still have Epyon to finish and I have just purchased a few SD kits (they were "50%" off in Australia, ie normal pricing in HK).

Lol...MG Gaia/Dog...would be nice. I would gladly buy the entire Seed line next time i head back.

It would be interesting if Bandai decides to release say the MG Destroy...It'll probably be MG Perfect Zeong sized...hahah

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy