AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-13, 21:40   Link #4281
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well was around the time Arcane was OP the first time, it would have been pretty damn close. Might have been around mid-70's, maybe. Either way was beating the ever loving crap out of everyone else.
Old 2009-11-14, 14:33   Link #4282
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I doubt it, the scale was a lot lower back then. 1.5k was around SSC level dps, so it was unlikely you did it in blues. Even if you did, that would've been considered exceptional. There's been a lot of dps inflation in WotLK.
actually with the way the talents were reworked after 3.0.2 dps shot up nearly 100% in 70 epics. I remember while i was tanking as prot in bt, my tps/dps shot up 3 times, and that was only with 10 less talent points. 3.0.2 changed how the talents scaled with your gear, also with a good rotation, fully raided buffed its not taht unrealistic, because a 72 feral druid in boas could pump out 1.4k dps without savage roar, which is the bread and butter of feral dps whereas arcane isn't solely dependent on their lvl 80 skill. Because honestly your clones don't really help your dps since they just sit their casting fireball or w/e
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 21:02   Link #4283
Clarste
Human

I suppose that makes sense. I was interpreting "at level 70" as "during BC" but I suppose people can be 70-ish after WotLK too.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 19:47   Link #4284
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Since there is this big patch downloading now, I'm guessing we are getting 3.3 for WoW's anniversary next week.

How long does one suspect it will be before CATA if this is the case? There shouldn't be a 3.4 (Lich King down seems like a good end for this expansion). It shouldn't be a year between patches, even if there are three instances and one raid in this patch.

Summer? Logic suggests waiting until the holiday retail time that is November, but can they actually put it off that long? Summer seems like a good time...students out on break and all that. They'll have time to play. Also since the expansion has a lot to do with the Elementals (Deepholm, Skywall, etc...) the Mid-Summer Fire Festival seems like a perfect time to introduce things...with the World Tree under attack by the Elemental Fire Lord and all that.
Old 2009-11-18, 20:25   Link #4285
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well ICC is going to be fairly heavily throttled it seems, so could be a good easy three months at least with the implication of the speed of the gating in there. Could see something by Easter maybe, that's one of the big sales times.
Old 2009-11-18, 23:03   Link #4286
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Of course there would be a Beta first, and who can guess about that verse a release date? It would seem like they'd have a lot to test, but as seen, they've already got a lot done.
Old 2009-11-19, 01:37   Link #4287
Xacual

Blizzard usually doesn't let normal holiday season dictate when they release a game. BC was released in January.

Anyway I don't expect ICC to hit for at least 2 weeks even with the whole download thing starting. If you played during BC there was one patch that we started downloading 3-4 weeks before it even came out. Also don't forget that their HQ is in the US, if they released the patch next week it would require a lot of their staff to be on hand during the holidays.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 01:44   Link #4288
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ya true.

Also... zomg Shadowmourne.
Old 2009-11-19, 04:09   Link #4289
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Ya true.

Also... zomg Shadowmourne.
Indeed.

Old 2009-11-19, 04:27   Link #4290
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Chaos Bane, eh? Chaos Bolt the one with the axe in the face...go for that 10,000+ crit.
Old 2009-11-19, 09:03   Link #4291
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Shame it's unique. Dual-Wielding those would be funzies.
Old 2009-11-19, 10:57   Link #4292
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That is one insane axe.

In other news, I just bought Reign of the Unliving for 13k in a gdkp ...on an alt! XD Death's Verdict went for 30k last night and 19k tonight. Typical an alt gets it before my main, hehe.
Old 2009-11-19, 11:03   Link #4293
Statonxyb
hrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Shame it's unique. Dual-Wielding those would be funzies.
The axe is obtained through a quest line. Even if the axe weren't unique, getting two would be impossible unless they made the chain repeatable.

Speaking of the axe... Even if the chain proves to be hard for some (you have to kill various bosses in ICC, with heroic Arthas highly likely at some points), the first step of the quest seems to net you the base axe:

Quest requires:

* [Light's Vengeance] (Item found in Frostmourne Cavern; the hammer Arthas used as a Paladin)
* Primordial Saronite x25 (New in 3.3)
* Rotface's Acidic Blood (From the boss Rotface)
* Festergut's Acidic Blood (From the boss Festergut)

...Continuing the chain to build the legendary involves killing Professor Putricide, Blood Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa amongst other things.

Not too shabby. :>
Old 2009-11-21, 12:35   Link #4294
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Finally managed to knock off some elusive PvP achievements this weekend:

IoC - Mine
AV - Alterac Valley All Star, AV Exalted
WSG - Not In My House

Also got 25 tabards today and my 33rd Exalted reputation. I think I can reach 40 now. If I have the time. Heading towards some fairly obscure ones now.

Mine alone was epic. Isle of Conquest BM will finally be obtainable if I can stick it out for 100 victories.
Old 2009-11-22, 18:19   Link #4295
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

As an orc rogue I've spent the majority of the time in cities today as a turkey. I wonder what all the alliance who have tried to get the table outside Orgrimmar thought when they were killed by a stealthed turkey.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 19:57   Link #4296
Mr Hat and Clogs

ROFL, awesome...
Old 2009-11-22, 20:16   Link #4297
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
As an orc rogue I've spent the majority of the time in cities today as a turkey. I wonder what all the alliance who have tried to get the table outside Orgrimmar thought when they were killed by a stealthed turkey.
Probably almost as ticked off as the Horde who are waiting for you to ditch the turkey so they can turkey you.
Old 2009-11-23, 02:07   Link #4298
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I have a question about hunter's pets, let's say I get more than 1 pet, do I have to lvl up each individally or if one lvl up then all the pet share the same exp?

Ya I am making a hunter, pally tank and healing is not working out for me, so I want to try something that I know I have a chance to be top dps... I am sorry but pally heals is a bigger lie than the cake in Portal... Next time I want to be a healer I will make a priest :P
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 02:12   Link #4299
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, you have to level each individually. They've changed the way XP is for them now, it used to be really horrible. Now? not so much. Although I don't know the exact details.
Old 2009-11-23, 03:34   Link #4300
Xacual

Basically your pets, even the ones you don't have with you will always be within 5 levels of you. Also it takes about a 10th of your xp bar to level them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows