AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-01-05, 04:17   Link #61
Sides

I think PC port has to do with domestic market as well, seeing how popular MMOs are in japan. PC gaming in japan is a slowly growing market.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 22:49   Link #62
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I think PC port has to do with domestic market as well, seeing how popular MMOs are in japan. PC gaming in japan is a slowly growing market.
I somewhat doubt that with phone games murdering all other gaming platforms in the last few years. Also MMOs have never been that popular in the gaming industry with the exception of WoW which is an outlier.

I doubt many in Japan is gonna get it on PC considering most of the playerbase would be on console and the 6 month gap is probably longer than most would wait for. The PC port is probably their plans to tap onto the Steam player base abroad that doesn't have a PS4 (who doesn't at this point?) and China.

Forgot to add China, Korea and most SEA region lean towards PC platform, though i wonder if the traditional buy to play model won't put off the playerbase there.
Old 2018-01-10, 15:45   Link #63
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I doubt many in Japan is gonna get it on PC considering most of the playerbase would be on console and the 6 month gap is probably longer than most would wait for. The PC port is probably their plans to tap onto the Steam player base abroad that doesn't have a PS4 (who doesn't at this point?) and China.
And people who are going to buy it twice.
Old 2018-01-11, 02:16   Link #64
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
No, it has to do with the overseas market, which is a faster growing market.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 18:35   Link #65
Sides

Got my copy today and played it for an hour on my ps4 pro. Not matter what part-time reviewers are posting, the game is nowhere near 60fps, maybe on the xbox one x, but definitely not on ps4/pro. Does it make any difference? - not really, but don't be fooled.
I'm going to double dip for the pc anyways, but for people looking for near 60fps experience, go for the x xbox x one x version.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 22:02   Link #66
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As far as it goes, it is something like 40-50 FPS on the pro with the framerate mode, but at least it is stable. I don't really notice major dips yet, even with 2 large mobs. That said, I've just reached rotten vale, so there might be other areas where performances might get a hit.

By the way, it is kind of late but regarding the discussion about the PC ver, the steam version is not even planned for Japan to begin with (and the domestic PC market in Japan is a joke. PUBG got some popularity over there, but most have a toaster for VN and stuff, very rarely PC gaming). So it is pretty clear that build is mainly for the western market and they aren't exactly confident for that yet and they ought to focus on the console release anyway.
Old 2018-01-28, 04:36   Link #67
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Surprisingly enough, i really got into insect glaive going through Coral Highland. It's now my goto weapon replacing the HBG and gunlance. One of the faster and safer option so far when it comes to swinging in and out of the monster range.

Got got past Odagaron, carted twice before i figure out the bleed mechanics. On that note, anyone here keen to form an animesuki squad? I need some friends to play with.
Old 2018-01-28, 06:46   Link #68
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

So I'm done with the "solo" of the game and... I'm kind of dumbfounded how short the game is in general.
I say in general because, once you are done with the solo, there isn't any extra mob whatsoever. Basically, there are only 31 in the whole game right now, and approximately half of them are mobs from previous titles (and some were nerfed to the ground it is kind of sad).

The game is a good entry point for beginners and they tweaked stuff that were mind puzzling, but beyond some changes that are really questionable (mainly the invasive scenario and its cutscenes), the content itself is really lightweight for a main MH entry. I really hope the extra stuff will come soon enough because it would take 1-2 weeks for veterans to be done with 2-3 sets.
Old 2018-01-28, 13:28   Link #69
GDB

Granted I only played Tri and 4U, but I don't recall those having much in the way of story either. It was basically do the story, then move on to high/G rank. Is that not basically the same as it is here, except without G rank (yet, as they've implied they'll likely implement it as DLC)?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 15:04   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
it would take 1-2 weeks for veterans to be done with 2-3 sets.
Does that 2-3 sets cover both ranged and melee, or is it 4-6 sets?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 18:22   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Granted I only played Tri and 4U, but I don't recall those having much in the way of story either. It was basically do the story, then move on to high/G rank. Is that not basically the same as it is here, except without G rank (yet, as they've implied they'll likely implement it as DLC)?
The difference is that the game shoves the scenario to your throat in a very invasive manner. There are a LOT of cutscenes where none can't be skipped, and a certain character is kind of a PITA for involving themselves in the most annoying situations possible.
Previous games didn't have any spectacular storyline whatsoever, but they were simple and quick about it. MHW just tries some "serious scenario" but it feels quite flat to say the least. It is really the first time a MH game felt like trying too hard to put some kind of scenario, more than even MH4 with its very dubious stuff about the Gore Magala and the Seregios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Does that 2-3 sets cover both ranged and melee, or is it 4-6 sets?
2-3 sets should be enough even if you do both ranged and melee considering you can use generic armor for atk/weakness exploit etc as armor pieces are basically universal. You naturally take more damage as a gunner in MHW instead.
Of course, if you want a specific set for all 14 weapons, count something like 5-7 instead.
Old 2018-01-29, 00:52   Link #72
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I just hit High Rank yesterday and started unlocking the HR armor sets. Judging from the skill distributions, you could probably get away with a single universal set with general skill sets.

However, if you want to optimize and specialize, you might end up going all over the board depending on how deep you want to optimize

a) Elemental resist
b) Skill sets (pending on weapons and any ailment resist you want)
c) Vanity (Fashion hunter)

Same goes for weapons, with 14 play style, their subset elemental weapons and specific attributes for the trickier weapons.

Personally, I'm starting to plan a goto armor sets around the insect glaives. So far the skills i've seen that might be useful for IG in most situation are

a) Airborne (+ air attack dmgs which is a no brainer for IG)
b) Stamina Up (more air time)
c) Item Prolonger (need testing to see if it works with extract buffs)
d) Evade Window (more i-frame on your sole defense)

Also just had my most epic moment last night watching a Diabolos, Rathian and an invading dragon duking it out at the same time in the HR expedition mode. Rathian and Diabolos both lost their tails to the invading dragon and I got carted a few times stealth carving them
Old 2018-01-29, 06:38   Link #73
GDB

Geez, I feel like I've fallen behind. Only just about to hunt the puffpuff bat tonight after work. Really hoping I unlock some good Greatsword armor skills soon, as I'd like to switch to that rather than only using the Charge Blade.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 07:32   Link #74
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
a) Elemental resist
I dare say it is pointless. You can't really have the specific skills and elemental resistance unless you are lucky enough with that. And in general, elemental resistance isn't something you should worry about unless you have like -20 lightning against Kirin. In general, the vast majority of the damage you will take are plainly neutral.

Quote:
c) Item Prolonger (need testing to see if it works with extract buffs)
It doesn't.
Old 2018-01-29, 22:14   Link #75
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I dare say it is pointless. You can't really have the specific skills and elemental resistance unless you are lucky enough with that. And in general, elemental resistance isn't something you should worry about unless you have like -20 lightning against Kirin. In general, the vast majority of the damage you will take are plainly neutral.

It doesn't.
Tobi Kadachi gave me a hard time when i had -10 thunder resist going through LR. Either way, it's still a valid factor when it comes to building your setup knowing what elemental strength/weakness you have.

Legiana became only annoying with the frost stamina debuff rather than near fatal once i start packing some of her own gear.

As for the item prolonger, a bit too late on that , already finished my chicken suit and tested it out on the training ground. Gonna try experiment with more buff items since i get +50% duration with it.
Old 2018-02-06, 02:35   Link #76
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I ended up buying this as my first ever Monster Hunter, but as a career player of grind gaming I do hope to get into the groove quickly.

And as usual my character is female.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2018-02-06 at 03:02.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 20:36   Link #77
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Been slowly working my way through the elder dragons.

I'm getting a hang of Nergigante and Kirin. Kirin is easier if I solo it as a lot of randoms don't pack any thunder resist and end up getting one shotted when she does her big lightning attack.

As for Kushala, i'm still pondering whether to go poison/thunder or elder seal. Manage to kill it once with a group but the rest have been failing during his final phase when he spams lots of tornado.

As I'm still in the learning phase for the elder dragons, my skill sets are mostly geared around survival.

a) Divine Blessing procs a lot and cuts down the damage to negligible.
b) Health Boost stacks with meal buff so you can get 200 health
c) The last is resist decoration which are meldable and takes rank 1 slot so i usually pack em into my gear

d) The rest of the slots went into atk skills like atk/elem boost, exploit weakness and etc.

Since i m using IG, there's not a lot of weapon specific skill i can pack for it. Even Airborne is not particularly useful as your best dps comes from ground combos while air combo is just a filler.
Old 2018-02-08, 19:08   Link #78
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Xeno armor, gauntlets and legs give power prolonger, crit boost and razor sharp. Using other armor pieces for weakness exploit and attack up is enough.
I would usually ignore power prolonger but since IG dps was nerfed quite a bit in MHW, spending even more time with extract chasing isn't really great and razor sharp mitigate the need of sharpening, making nerg IG particularly durable with blue sharpness.
Old 2018-02-19, 06:37   Link #79
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Currently using a mixed gear toward atk. Power prolonger is nice but kinda not critical for me since there is always some disengage time with later boss giving me the window to refresh the buffs. Razor sharp is good if your using white sharpness weapons but i m currently using nergigante glaive which got a long blue that can usually last till the monster run away.

Currently farming Vaal for augments and deco, seems like even the first drop is going to take awhile. Think i might switch to legiana 2 set good luck buff to see if that would help with abysmal drop rate.
Old 2018-02-19, 06:46   Link #80
Chosen_Hero

This video has to definitely be the most mindblowing tutorial ever. Crazy Talk act 2 is too damn powerful, Pat shouldn't have that kind of power.

Tags
monhun, ps4/xboxone(x)/pc, steam