AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-11-07, 21:40   Link #61
Shiemi
Counting days

Hope you manage a perfect song basket, but wait! You are singing for this one? Neat! Although it's true that you were always the only one submitting instrumentals, ne? Still, those were good. I never forget the Fruits Basket one.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 21:41   Link #62
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I recorded a draft last night, but... I need to keep trying ^^; It's a pretty taxing song, and you can definitely hear the fatigue in my voice towards the end... so I guess these next couple of weeks I'll be doing vocal strengthening exercises ^^;
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 21:58   Link #63
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masashi View Post
Thank's i'm downloading it now.
I might keep the vocals in, they just might make my singing sound better.

Note:
My singing, sound that i'm talkin or close to yelling xD
That's okay, as long as your voice is louder than the vocals (it has to be) ^_^;; My voice isn't comparable to people such as llama, Chibi Nasu, Li Jianliang, lwl12 or even Shiemi. But I will try and sing anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Hope you manage a perfect song basket, but wait! You are singing for this one? Neat! Although it's true that you were always the only one submitting instrumentals, ne? Still, those were good. I never forget the Fruits Basket one.
Yes, I am singing for this one and submitting an instrumental (which again won't count, unless there are more entries, then I will have to decide...). ^_^;; Thanks for the compliment! By the way, I didn't find that score for "This Love" yet, but I will keep looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu View Post
I recorded a draft last night, but... I need to keep trying ^^; It's a pretty taxing song, and you can definitely hear the fatigue in my voice towards the end... so I guess these next couple of weeks I'll be doing vocal strengthening exercises ^^;
Good luck! ^_^;; And don't strain your voice too much!
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 22:38   Link #64
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket View Post
That's okay, as long as your voice is louder than the vocals (it has to be) ^_^;; My voice isn't comparable to people such as llama, Chibi Nasu, Li Jianliang, lwl12 or even Shiemi. But I will try and sing anyway.
No voice compares to anyone's. Everyone has his/her own special voice.

Talking about going louder, I had a tough time with the background voices. In the parts without background voices I can sing softly, but then the background choruses drowned my voice so I had to almost scream to go louder and then I have these 'pianos' and 'fortes' that mess up the song a bit. I am waiting for a reply from kcl because I thought that even with my screaming/screeching I thought that in some parts my voice was being drowned.

Quote:
Yes, I am singing for this one and submitting an instrumental (which again won't count, unless there are more entries, then I will have to decide...). ^_^;; Thanks for the compliment! By the way, I didn't find that score for "This Love" yet, but I will keep looking.
Hmm... Maybe I can submit something that will not count then. I'll check what I have.
Old 2006-11-07, 22:43   Link #65
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
No voice compares to anyone's. Everyone has his/her own special voice.
Even a voice that sounds like its owner was asleep when using it? Though I hope that will improve with time...

Quote:
Talking about going louder, I had a tough time with the background voices. In the parts without background voices I can sing softly, but then the background choruses drowned my voice so I had to almost scream to go louder and then I have these 'pianos' and 'fortes' that mess up the song a bit. I am waiting for a reply from kcl because I thought that even with my screaming/screeching I thought that in some parts my voice was being drowned.
Oh. When I first saw this I thought you meant that your kids were again trying to sing at the same time as you. ^_^;;; But I can see what you mean now. *sleepy*

I think your song should be fine, though.

Quote:
Hmm... Maybe I can submit something that will not count then. I'll check what I have.
But you know, once you submit something in that category, then it will count for both of us! Since the only reason it didn't count before was because there was only one entry.
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 02:31   Link #66
minakichan

Ooh, I'm DEFINITELY doing this. *excited!*

I wish I had a lot more time-- I wanted to try to learn Pokemon Haraharaharahara Relay, which is probably one of the hardest songs to sing in all of animedom...

I do wish we could do more than one!

Does it have to be anime or game-- can it be JPop or dorama or a song from an anime multiseries (I'm thinking, for example, a Prince of Tennis Musical song)?
minakichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 04:43   Link #67
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822 View Post
PS: Already have some submissions... Need to check them

PS2: for the songs that will never count, those can be from whatever you want.
Oh, so it can be from anything at all? You should've mentioned that earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minakichan View Post
I do wish we could do more than one!

Does it have to be anime or game-- can it be JPop or dorama or a song from an anime multiseries (I'm thinking, for example, a Prince of Tennis Musical song)?
You can do more than one if you submit it to the one that doesn't count. I think kcl822 will not allow jpop or anything not related to anime or game songs. Not sure about live action shows based on anime or vice versa though.

EDIT: kcl822, can you resubmit an entry after submitting it once, like say if you've made a better recording before the deadline? Does the website allow that?

Last edited by Cz; 2006-11-08 at 05:16.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 07:43   Link #68
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin_no_noir View Post
Is there anyone who would be willing to lower the volume of the vocals in the song Canta Per Me from Noir (preferably the Fiction version)? I'd really like to sing it kareoke but don't have the ability to edit it on my own, and don't feel a need to download a program in order to do it.

PM me if you are up to it. Thanks!
I used Audacity when I did that song; there's a way you can lower the main vocals, it creates a sort of echo effect, and the lead vocals are still there a bit, but it's pretty easy to sing over them.

I did the regular version; I don't know of a fiction version o.O

Audacity's nice and easy to use.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 09:46   Link #69
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:

PS2: for the songs that will never count, those can be from whatever you want.
Does that mean that the non counting songs can be J-Pop or songs from J-dramas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12

EDIT: kcl822, can you resubmit an entry after submitting it once, like say if you've made a better recording before the deadline? Does the website allow that?
That's what I did with Loop and it was even kcl's suggestion. The version I had originally submitted was acceptable, but too low with the music (my voice being drowned) and almost reaching the deadline, I submitted another version that was way better and kcl accepted it nicely. But still, it is better if she is the one to answer in case she has changed the rules.
Old 2006-11-08, 11:48   Link #70
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Didn't change the rules for that-- you can resubmit until the deadline; only one will count anyway. I need to check with schadowfox about that first though...
Now... back to work before I get yelled at again.
Old 2006-11-08, 13:12   Link #71
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12 View Post
Even if I'm not kcl822 ^_^;

Yes but you have to re-name it and you have to deactive your first entry as well.

e.g.: My Song.mp3
should be : My Song v2.mp3
another My Song.mp3 would be failed for upload.

regards, schadowfox.

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net

Last edited by SCHADOWFOX; 2006-11-08 at 13:17. Reason: more infos ^_^;
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 23:19   Link #72
Laethiel

Quote:
Do not change the pitch of the song. They have to be in their original key
Hi everyone, new guy here who heard about the contest and was interested. Sorry about the lack of musical knowledge, but by not changing the pitch do you mean it has to be in the same key and octave, or just the same key? Since I know there are songs I could sing in a different octave of the same key, but not in the original octave.
Laethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 00:25   Link #73
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
Hi everyone, new guy here who heard about the contest and was interested. Sorry about the lack of musical knowledge, but by not changing the pitch do you mean it has to be in the same key and octave, or just the same key? Since I know there are songs I could sing in a different octave of the same key, but not in the original octave.
Well you can sing in whatever pitch you like. But you are not allowed to pitch your voice with aftereffects. The same applies for the song itself (no pitch effects allowed). That is how I understood the rule.

Welcome to the contest
Old 2006-11-09, 04:04   Link #74
Kenji Ikari
Lazy Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Kenji Ikari Send a message via MSN to Kenji Ikari
Question: Are remakes of anime openings/endings okay?

For example, if someone wanted to sing the Angela version of "You Get to Burning" (Nadesico opening) or the 2005 version of "Cha-la Head Cha-la" (DBZ opening).
Kenji Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 04:24   Link #75
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
I'm pretty sure that singing in a different octave of the same key is fine because I do it all the time.

Thanks schadowfox for clarifying the website part. Instead of renaming can I delete it? (Not that I have anything there yet)
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 07:48   Link #76
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji Ikari View Post
Question: Are remakes of anime openings/endings okay?

For example, if someone wanted to sing the Angela version of "You Get to Burning" (Nadesico opening) or the 2005 version of "Cha-la Head Cha-la" (DBZ opening).
Remakes are okay as well.
Old 2006-11-09, 10:53   Link #77
honvl

can we do tv-size songs that have no full-length equivalent yet, such as yui's rolling star or nirgilis's snow kiss?
honvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 16:37   Link #78
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12 View Post
Thanks schadowfox for clarifying the website part. Instead of renaming can I delete it? (Not that I have anything there yet)
As I said earlier if you try to upload the same name it won't work.

Reason: The file itself never gets deleted, as well as the records in the database, only an delete flag is added.

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net

Last edited by SCHADOWFOX; 2006-11-09 at 16:38. Reason: typo
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 16:49   Link #79
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Did you use the name as primary key or use special constraints? I have no idea why the filename should be a "unique" issue
Old 2006-11-09, 21:03   Link #80
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

...aa! karaoke?! i must enter! not that i'm particularly good at singing, but i like it too much to pass up an opportunity... heehee...!

Tags
karaoke competition