Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 07:42   Link #321
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Hey we have the right to dream right? And you gotta admit if this ever gets implemented IRL it'll help solve unwanted pregnancies, overpopulation and will be the most sought out family planning method in the entire history of mankind LOL
Sex for the sake sex; no strings attached, literally.

*ahem*

Anyyyyyyyyyyway, I'm planning on asking one of the people who saw the first 10 minutes of episode 10 if the episode was shown from Kirito's perspective or from Asuna's perspective. x:
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 07:49   Link #322
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Sex for the sake sex; no strings attached, literally.

*ahem*

Anyyyyyyyyyyway, I'm planning on asking one of the people who saw the first 10 minutes of episode 10 if the episode was shown from Kirito's perspective or from Asuna's perspective. x:
Hmmmm... Good question. But you know if it's shown first person in Asunas perspective wouldn't that be quite awkward for male viewers?

Anyway this might go off-topic already so lets stop here. I'll just download the limited edition 16.5 OVA if they ever release one LOL.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:58   Link #323
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Hmmmm... Good question. But you know if it's shown first person in Asunas perspective wouldn't that be quite awkward for male viewers?
Not really. I've found that a lot of anime fans (otakus mostly, I guess) enjoy seeing things from a female's perspective.

Anyway, wasn't some (or was it all?) of Aria told from Asuna's perspective? If the episode isn't told from her perspective, a lot of the character development she gets in the side story will be axed; not that I mind, as it'd make sense to retcon the development to a later point in the story.

I just wonder how much influence Kawahara had over the script while it was being written..
Old 2012-07-13, 08:28   Link #324
novalysis

This amusing thought came to me: if or when GGO get's animated, I'm sure some people are going to complain that it fells like an Accel World ripoff, in ambiance, at least.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 08:42   Link #325
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
This amusing thought came to me: if or when GGO get's animated, I'm sure some people are going to complain that it fells like an Accel World ripoff, in ambiance, at least.
Then all you have to say is that the author thought up GGO before he thought up AW. And well, that AW is based on the acceleration concept introduced in Alicization. ;p
Old 2012-07-13, 09:34   Link #326
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
Epi 2: Beater
Epi 3: Red Nosed Reindeer
Epi 4: Black Swordsman
Epi 5: Murder Case
Not really fond on this. It's a largely personal view, but I still believe RNR is best placed during that 'talk' with Asuna.

Pretty much neutral on the others.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:36   Link #327
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Anyway, wasn't some (or was it all?) of Aria told from Asuna's perspective? If the episode isn't told from her perspective, a lot of the character development she gets in the side story will be axed; not that I mind, as it'd make sense to retcon the development to a later point in the story.
The story alternated between perspectives, but it was mostly Kirito. I also recall that the backstory about Asuna's real life was revealed in the first novel as well. The only real revelation in Aria was how she spent the first month hiding in a room waiting for the game to end. The news that Asuna's an ojousama whose family has ties to NerveGear would work better near the end of SAO since it leads into the ALO arc. The part about her first month in Aincrad could go either way -- have it in Aria to show how her character has to adapt, or incorporated into a larger series of flashbacks later.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:46   Link #328
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
The story alternated between perspectives, but it was mostly Kirito. I also recall that the backstory about Asuna's real life was revealed in the first novel as well. The only real revelation in Aria was how she spent the first month hiding in a room waiting for the game to end. The news that Asuna's an ojousama whose family has ties to NerveGear would work better near the end of SAO since it leads into the ALO arc. The part about her first month in Aincrad could go either way -- have it in Aria to show how her character has to adapt, or incorporated into a larger series of flashbacks later.
Ah, right. Thanks for correcting me; my memory can be quite poor at times.

But yeah, I definitely agree that the revelation would work pretty well as a series of flashbacks later in the show.

Anyway, I got a reply, and apparently, most of what they were shown was from Kirito's perspective; but fortunately, I don't really see it as a problem anymore.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:18   Link #329
shadow1296

@nightengale i dont believe kirito ever mentioned rdr to asuna yes he talked about his former guild but he didnt reveal the message to nor did reveal to asuna the feelings he had for the girl who died(i forget the name) all he told her that he was in a former guild he was given a charge and they died and the guild leader blamed him
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 10:25   Link #330
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
@nightengale i dont believe kirito ever mentioned rdr to asuna yes he talked about his former guild but he didnt reviele the message to nor did reveal to asuna the feelings he had for the girl who died(i forget the name) all he told her that he was in a former guild he was given a charge and they died and the guild leader blamed him
Flashback insertion. Kirito could always recall the events from his perspective, while he tells Asuna a summary of it. Besides, given that it doesn't really make any difference should Asuna know the full story or not ( Asuna never brings up Kirito's past again anyway ), there's always a degree of adaption flexibility.

Well, we'll know for sure once Ep2 airs and we see what title Ep3 is. It's just a minor nitpick anyway, stemming from my opinion that 'Death Seeker' character stories feels better when there's a degree of confusion as to 'why he acts the way he does' before the revelation of the character's emotional strain.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 10:25   Link #331
novalysis

He might have mentioned the full details of RNR to Asuna offscreen. From the perspective of Aria/Rondo/Monochrome, I must have imagined Asuna was very interested in Kirito's adventures during that one year gap where both of them had little contact with one another. Now, I don't think Asuna would have pried, but I suspect Kirito eventually explained everything.

I personally wonder whether the ending of RNR was enough for him to get over Sachi's death or whether something happened in the Three Months between the end of RNR and Black Swordsman.

But flashback is possible. The fragmentary nature of the Aincrad arc opens up alot of flexibility, but that's probably what the LN fans fear too.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:13   Link #332
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, I rather hope that episode 2 features him meeting the Black Cats with RNR being the episode after that . I know they're condensing things, but I'd rather not see things condensed too much. Perhaps those stories actually can work as one episode affairs though.

Agree that they shouldn't have the harem aspects stand out too much. Have the stories featuring those girls occur, but don't integrate them into the main general cast.

Still slightly worried about the potential for rushing things. If they plan the first half to be SAO with ALO after, it could work if done correctly though there is still that fear of rushing.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:21   Link #333
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post

Epi 2: Beater
Epi 3: Red Nosed Reindeer
Epi 4: Black Swordsman
Epi 5: Murder Case
guessing on the rest of the eps

Ep6 - Dragon shit
Ep7 - Crusade against Laughing Coffin
Ep8 - Stew+Lvl74 boss
Ep9 - Duel with heathcliff+Kuradeel
Ep10 - Marriage+Yui
Ep11 - Yui/Army/Fishing
Ep12 - lvl75 boss fight + Heathcliff
Ep13 - Heathcliff + Epilogue for SAO

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-07-13 at 16:38.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:50   Link #334
shadow1296

@xellos your missing about half the episode list its not 13 its 25 from wat i found out
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:16   Link #335
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Hey we have the right to dream right? And you gotta admit if this ever gets implemented IRL it'll help solve unwanted pregnancies, overpopulation and will be the most sought out family planning method in the entire history of mankind LOL
Naw, places where birthrates are high are the kind of places where you'd be more worried about surviving through the week than about some computer games. If anything, the Japanese govt. would be horrified if VRMMO were being used as replacement for sex, they have a huge enough problem with a declining/aging population as it is.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:39   Link #336
Deltaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
@xellos your missing about half the episode list its not 13 its 25 from wat i found out
Just that list doesn't go to ALO arc because it's far too early to say anything about it.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:00   Link #337
sinner0

Hello, guys. I'm new in this thread but I've read through SAO novels already. And I'm not sure this is the right place to talk about but in chapter 16.5, Kirito did state that SAO does not allow the player to change their gender and yet the anime show the opposite.

Maybe the anime overlook that part?
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:02   Link #338
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
Hello, guys. I'm new in this thread but I've read through SAO novels already. And I'm not sure this is the right place to talk about but in chapter 16.5, Kirito did state that SAO does not allow the player to change their gender and yet the anime show the opposite.

Maybe the anime overlook that part?
the original game allow the player to create Original Avatars. however when the death began, Kayaba made everyone look like there original self.
Old 2012-07-13, 14:21   Link #339
sinner0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the original game allow the player to create Original Avatars. however when the death began, Kayaba made everyone look like there original self.
I know you can create original avatar. What I mean is, Kirito's explanation in chapter 16.5 showed that a male player must choose male avatar in SAO and vice versa. And yet in anime, after the mirror event thing, most of the female avatar "reverted" back into male avatar, which should not be possible based on Kirito's explanation.

Beside, nothing in LN ever mention of any player creating avatar with opposite gender.

I guess the anime make a mistake. Or A-1 studio overlook the chapter 16.5...
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:25   Link #340
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
I know you can create original avatar. What I mean is, Kirito's explanation in chapter 16.5 showed that a male player must choose male avatar in SAO and vice versa. And yet in anime, after the mirror event thing, most of the female avatar "reverted" back into male avatar, which should not be possible based on Kirito's explanation.

Beside, nothing in LN ever mention of any player creating avatar with opposite gender.

I guess the anime make a mistake. Or A-1 studio overlook the chapter 16.5...
You're contradicting yourself. The reason their avatars (which can be either gender) reverted to their true gender is because of the mirror Kayaba gave to the players as as a present. That's how it happened in the L/Ns, and the manga.

Yes, it did. Kirito pointed out that the male : female ratio decreased significantly after being reverted to their true selves.