AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-17, 14:49   Link #21
golgo13

What a chapter.

Vegapunk managed to make a devil fruit?? Thats incredible. I wonder if he was able to trap the power from a dieing DF user or was actually able to make on from scratch.

Nice to get a sense for how long Monosuke has been there, 10 days. A lot of interesting tidbits of info. Pirates are giant 400KG men? Is Wano near Elbaf? Or, and this is a little bit out there, has Wano been used as a test ground for the giantification experiments? Was Monosuke chosen to be planted on the island to get to the bottom of it? Maybe the results of the dragon experiments have been sent to Wano as well and that is why Kinemon/Monosuke don't like dragons? Finally, What is Donflamingo doing in Monosukes head??

Love seeing Smoker kick ass.

Interesting match-up between Monet and Zoro. Really wanna see Zoro kick some ass here.

Last edited by golgo13; 2012-10-17 at 15:57. Reason: grammar, typo
Old 2012-10-17, 14:53   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Wow so Monet is pretty evil then,
you mean stabbing someone form the back? that is not evil, that is just smart.
Old 2012-10-17, 15:40   Link #23
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I wonder if Momo will actually be able to control the DF power - it is human-made after all, maybe he's stuck in that form for good?

If Vegapunk managed to perfect these DFs and even combine them, it could make things interesting in the future - maybe Blackbeard got his technique from the great scientist, as well...
Old 2012-10-17, 17:27   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The revelation that there are artificially produced devil fruits is quite unexpected. The question now is that just what devil fruit powers have we seen that are "artificial" or "natural" and does an artificial devil fruit have the exact same properties and rules pertaining to it as a natural one?

I'm surprised Monet's a snow logia, but I'll let it slide considering this chapter's revelation. It's certainly possible it could be a power created by Vegapunk or something. Cool to see her going up against Zoro too. Since she's a logia an opponent who can use haki is the only logical option, and considering Luffy and Sanji are out of the question, that just leaves Zoro.

And it was stated that the df Momonosuke ate was "flawed". My guess is that Momonosuke may NEVER be able to change back to his human form thanks to this.
Old 2012-10-17, 17:50   Link #25
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Not to belittle her abilities, but IMO Monet has no chance against Zoro, Logia or not. A few haki-imbued slashes and she's down for the count - I bet she'll just use some quick attacks then retreat or fight someone else, like Robin or Nami...
Old 2012-10-17, 17:51   Link #26
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The revelation that there are artificially produced devil fruits is quite unexpected. The question now is that just what devil fruit powers have we seen that are "artificial" or "natural" and does an artificial devil fruit have the exact same properties and rules pertaining to it as a natural one?

I'm surprised Monet's a snow logia, but I'll let it slide considering this chapter's revelation. It's certainly possible it could be a power created by Vegapunk or something. Cool to see her going up against Zoro too. Since she's a logia an opponent who can use haki is the only logical option, and considering Luffy and Sanji are out of the question, that just leaves Zoro.

And it was stated that the df Momonosuke ate was "flawed". My guess is that Momonosuke may NEVER be able to change back to his human form thanks to this.
With this Devil Fruit revelation, I'm confused. I would think that Devil Fruits were all artificially made and not natural.

With Monet's snow logia powers, they must be a more concentrated version of Aokiji's ice logia powers.

If what Momonosuke stated was true, I bet Chopper will find this flaw and try to fix it.

I wasn't sure, but was there a mini-story or a color spread this week?
Old 2012-10-17, 19:34   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I think now it is pretty clear that Smoker is using armament Haki. He did a similar attack during the previous chapter, but it was hard to tell whether his fist was drawn black because of his Haki or because of the glove. Since I'm pretty sure he doesn't were elbow pads though, we can savely assume that he is using Haki to fight Vergo, now.

I've said this like a hundred times already, but there shouldn't have been any reason at all to doubt that Smoker can wield haki now. He's a vice-admiral after all, and it was confirmed just a mere few chapters before the skip that ALL VAs are capable of using it. So why should Smoker (who's currently a VA) be an exception? Occam's Razor, people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
With this Devil Fruit revelation, I'm confused. I would think that Devil Fruits were all artificially made and not natural.

Pretty sure that the original devil fruits are "natural" in a sense. Or at least existed long enough that they're considered as such. After all, the fact that there's even a DF encyclopedia shows that they're something that's been researched for centuries. So my guess is that if they AREN'T produced from nature, then whatever method was used to create them in the first place was so complicated that it would only take the most brilliant of minds to "recreate" them. And remember, Bartholomew Kuma even once said that Vegapunk was the kind of genius that only comes along once every several hundred years......
Old 2012-10-17, 20:48   Link #28
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Zoro unveils a new technique he learned over the two years.
To make his own harem.

Seriously I hope he doesn't kill her out right..
Old 2012-10-17, 20:51   Link #29
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am surprise that Monet's devil fruit is Logia, I expected Zoan or Mythical Zoan. She appears to be a Harpy when she first appeared.
Old 2012-10-17, 20:54   Link #30
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Where was it stated as flawed?
Old 2012-10-17, 20:57   Link #31
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Where was it stated as flawed?
The Devil fruit is said to be a failure. What is surprising is that the Devil fruit actually got a Dialogue bubble, maybe its a Devil fruit with a mind of its own.
Old 2012-10-17, 21:10   Link #32
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The Devil fruit is said to be a failure. What is surprising is that the Devil fruit actually got a Dialogue bubble, maybe its a Devil fruit with a mind of its own.
One of the PH soldiers commented "I heard it was a failure..", but I attributed this to CCs negative attitude towards Vegapunk and didn't think much of it. After the "incident" it would have been difficult to recover the fruit and it doesn't seem like it was independently analyzed, if so why was it kept etc.. Not enough information to conclude it was a "failure" imho.

If it is flawed that opens up some interesting possibilities for Monosukes fate.

Random thought, is donflamingo able to control monosuke from an insane distance? Heh, probably not, but if not that means they must have met at some point, maybe on the ship he was smuggled on..
Old 2012-10-17, 21:21   Link #33
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
One of the PH soldiers commented "I heard it was a failure..", but I attributed this to CCs negative attitude towards Vegapunk and didn't think much of it. After the "incident" it would have been difficult to recover the fruit and it doesn't seem like it was independently analyzed, if so why was it kept etc.. Not enough information to conclude it was a "failure" imho.

If it is flawed that opens up some interesting possibilities for Monosukes fate.

Random thought, is donflamingo able to control monosuke from an insane distance? Heh, probably not, but if not that means they must have met at some point, maybe on the ship he was smuggled on..
Could be or maybe not, but I do think its a failure. Even if a person is hated to the point of no return, they'll at least acknowledge the accomplishments of that person. Its all speculations of course. The dialogue bubble on the Devil fruit is the thing I am wondering about.
Old 2012-10-17, 21:55   Link #34
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I know you're right it's called being pragmatic, but from a moral standpoint an honorable fighter wouldn't stab someone in the back, but I digress before this thread becomes flooded in a needless debate.
Old 2012-10-17, 22:58   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
It's not about stabbing someone from behind in a fight.

She stabbed someone who's occupied trying to save children, from behind.
Not to mention she's trying to feed more meth to kids.
Old 2012-10-17, 23:01   Link #36
Seitsuki
Onee!

Hey, FOR SCIENCE! right?
Old 2012-10-17, 23:57   Link #37
AdventSleeper

Artificial devil fruits is quite a surprised.

Glad to finally find out what happened with Momonosuke. One of the most disciplined kids out there..

Still not sure what to think of Monet as far as loyalty. Seems like there's moments where she may be good and others where she is bad..
Old 2012-10-18, 00:28   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 685
That was a cool chapter. The further this story goes the more impressive Vega Punk is. Creating a devil fruit is impressive feat. So there is chance there will be two of the same devil fruit users. Monet is a Logia user, that is pretty cool. Although snow does not seem has intimidating has ice. It will be interesting to see her use it against Zoro. Has for the Momonosuke eating the artificial devil fruit and changing into a dragon it will be interesting to see the kind of side affects to come from Man Made fruit?

Man Made Fruit and the future
I wonder if Vega Punk has been able to weed out the weakness of the devil fruits. Second I wonder if some of the WG and Marines have eaten some? Kinda convenient that you have 3 powerful people (Akainu, Kizaru, and Akoiji) who all powerful and useful Logia fruits. With Akainu at the helm of the Marines now, I would not be surprised if the Marines now have bunch of freak shows in their ranks. Who know maybe Akoiji's replacement has Ice Logia too.
Old 2012-10-18, 03:03   Link #39
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Color spread. One of the best OP ever had, too.
yeah. i'm saving that one for halloween!
Old 2012-10-18, 03:42   Link #40
Undertaker

Other than the obvious questions that are in the chapter, I wonder what makes Momonosuke to be on that ship in the first place?

Momo sneak himself on board for some reason, and the face he sees while losing his conscious seems to be Doflamingo, could that be a hint that Doflamingo's base is in Wano?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion