AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-10, 06:54   Link #1
Anlushac11

Cool Anyone watching Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito?

I wasnt sure at first but I really like this one.

Heavy on the Lesbian tones but I can deal with it.

Spoiler:
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 07:16   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Yup im still watching it, so far its been interesting you never know what will happen in the next episode. In the first episode I knew that girl with the sword was a gay, so in the next few episodes the girl with the hat also seems to a gay so I say to myself what the hell is this then I remember that this was a H game before. Yeah so anyways lesbian chick stuff doesn't bother me one bit after all I am a guy
Old 2003-11-10, 10:45   Link #3
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

this is becoming my fav anime of the season.
although all of the H-game to anime seems to be good
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 20:08   Link #4
Akiace

If Hatsuki is a guy it would have been perfect. I find it strange that in every episode the girls will fall for her, even the little girl in the latest episode. But other than that, this series is so good. I'm still wondering who Adams is (can't be that ego guy right??), why Eve is so mysterious, how the characters are related to each other, and whether the stories we've seen in each episode have a more significant meaning than just random tales from the books in the great library...Each episode seems to provide more questions than answers. I hope they will not be left unanswered in the end.
Akiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 20:35   Link #5
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

lol i wouldn't be surprised one bit if Hatsuki was adam after all, that would explain why some girls are attracted to her even though she is a girl. And I can't beleive that evil guy could be Adam, afterall Adam was the one who created Eve. So he muss be a good guy in this anime. I also hope they don't leave alot of question unanswered that would really suck.
Old 2003-11-10, 20:45   Link #6
Akiace

Hatsuki as Adam? That's possible. I think in ep 2 at the library Lillith said Hatsuki reminds her of someone she knows (and love?) and after that she started acting so intimately towards Hatsuki. I think Hatsuki is so cool! In the beginning (ep1) I didn't like her cos I thought they're overdoing this lesbian thing, but in the episodes that follow she's so composed, cold, and yet caring towards the girls around her.
Akiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 22:05   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I totally love this series. Tons of fun. The girl with the weird hat is cool as heck too.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 01:15   Link #8
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I'm really liking this anime, though it was a bit too confusing with the big setting switch in ep 1-1.5. The guilt-ridden shoujo-lust sure was hot, though. I love a good amount of hot spice in an anime.

The Myuki fansub group put the explanation at the beginning of the eps which was cool. I'd been watching the EF sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiace
Hatsuki as Adam? That's possible. I think in ep 2 at the library Lillith said Hatsuki reminds her of someone she knows (and love?)
Didn't she say "Yamiyama" was the person she was reminded of? The explanation said "Yami" was made to protect the library. Sounds like Lillith swings both ways, but why would she not want to be with Adam? And why was she accepting souls from that psycho Gargantua in that frog ep?

I'm wondering if her lusty dingbat persona is just a diversion for her while she is waiting for something else.
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 04:55   Link #9
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I'm following YamiBou! ^_^ One of the main reasons I downloaded it was because of the yuri in it. :P it's good to see some more Yuri anime. ^^ I've have all the CG for the game and the game looks like it doesn't make any sense at all. I'm kind of wondering if the anime will be resolved properly.. Either way, I really like it. ^_^
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 07:44   Link #10
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
And why was she accepting souls from that psycho Gargantua in that frog ep?
This is my main interest in the anime right now. Also I want to know what that silver haired goofy guy in each book is (the one that dresses up in context). Also, what was the "key" for in episode 2. Too many mysteries in this anime..

Still though my favorite episodes are the 2 train episodes. Kinda nice how each "book" feels almost like a completely different anime.

I wonder if Hatsuki is the same seiyuu that voiced Aoyama Motoko from Love Hina and Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh (both of those two were the same seiyuu). She seems to have a similar character as them.
Sukato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 12:12   Link #11
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
IIRC in Hebrew mythology Lillith was the first wife of Adam who got divorced because she wanted to be on top (dominant) during sex. ^_^ She then turned into an evil vampirish thing. I'm wondering if Lillith here is completely evil and maybe the grandma of all the demons. Has she done anything "nice" or unselfish so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukato
Also, what was the "key" for in episode 2. Too many mysteries in this anime..
Key? I remember a time bomb, not a key.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 15:40   Link #12
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

It's a very small key that Hatsuki kept inside her collar in episode 2. The girl dressed up in a china-like outfit asks her for it right after they kill the siberian tiger. At the end of the episode she thanks Hatsuki for the key and walks out of the train station.
Sukato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 16:00   Link #13
Anlushac11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Has she done anything "nice" or unselfish so far? curious
regarding Lilith:

Spoiler:

And I think Lilith is too cute. Except for the soul taking part she has a good personality
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 16:11   Link #14
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiace
If Hatsuki is a guy it would have been perfect. I find it strange that in every episode the girls will fall for her, even the little girl in the latest episode. But other than that, this series is so good. I'm still wondering who Adams is (can't be that ego guy right??), why Eve is so mysterious, how the characters are related to each other, and whether the stories we've seen in each episode have a more significant meaning than just random tales from the books in the great library...Each episode seems to provide more questions than answers. I hope they will not be left unanswered in the end.
That's one of the things I like about this series, the fact that Hatsuki is gay.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 18:15   Link #15
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Smile tabibito

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Cyan]Hi you peaple seems to like this series I ave the episodes but was never tempted to start them, am I wrong about this say compared to the same kind of anime for example [FONT=Impact]
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 06:30   Link #16
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
It is so tempting to just spill the beans as someone who knows the story...

Lots of interesting theories so far, most of them are on the right track, but not exactly spot on... Here's a few things that caught my eye:

"Hatsuki is a guy" - umm, half right...

"Yami = Yamiyama" - nope, Yami is someone else, they just _sound_ similar.

"Adam can't be that ego guy" - you got that right :P

"What's the key Hatsuki gave the woman in episode 2?" - which fansub did you watch? If you watched the Miyuki one, you'll know that's a code breaker, the thing everyone was after on the train.
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 06:58   Link #17
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

As for Hatuki's gender... I just watched episode 6. When Milka asked Hatuski if she was a boy, Hatsumi got very quiet. It was a strange sort of quiet like she wasn't sure how to answer the question. Then the yellow manju bird piped in telling Milka that Hatsuki was a girl. It bothered me that Hatsuki had to get interrupted.... it made me wonder if perhaps Hatsuki isn't a girl despite her endowments. Or perhaps.... only partly.

If that is the case then Hatusmi might be Adam... or Yamiyama... I wonder...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 07:04   Link #18
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
It is so tempting to just spill the beans as someone who knows the story...

Lots of interesting theories so far, most of them are on the right track, but not exactly spot on... Here's a few things that caught my eye:

"Hatsuki is a guy" - umm, half right...

"Yami = Yamiyama" - nope, Yami is someone else, they just _sound_ similar.

"Adam can't be that ego guy" - you got that right :P

"What's the key Hatsuki gave the woman in episode 2?" - which fansub did you watch? If you watched the Miyuki one, you'll know that's a code breaker, the thing everyone was after on the train.
And may I ask how do know the story, did you get it from the game or is their a magna.
Old 2003-11-12, 11:10   Link #19
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
And may I ask how do know the story, did you get it from the game or is their a magna.
It's a game, never had a Manga.

Although I didn't play the game myself, I know someone who did who told me the story. The game is pretty confusing itself too :P
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 11:16   Link #20
aquilus
Dismember!

I´m watching it ... it´s, uhm, interesting. Only seen episodes 1 and 2 yet though, so I´m not going to say more before I watch the rest
aquilus is offline   Reply With Quote