AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 23:29   Link #81
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
...It's very lively, humorous entertainment...always dynamic, never still. I loved the wonky perspective shifts and generally unconventional point-of-view "camera" placements...
Why write something myself when someone else said it so well? Really looked good and moved well. Story? Well, we'll see. I tend to switch off whenever monsters appear, but I didn't in this case, so that's a good sign. Is there a reason why this reminded me of the look of Baccano?

Loved Chiba Saeko's voice, especially having just enjoyed her with a totally different presentation in Strike Witches. I thought seiyuu dropped out of the business when they got married. Chiba-san seems to be getting more work. And that's a good thing.

And I liked the fresh energy of Itou Kanae as Hayamiya. Her performance in Shugo Chara appears not to be a flash in the pan.

And I agree with wao about derelict buildings. The feeling of past lives (I think that's what it is) makes them like temples, somehow.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 00:30   Link #82
DangerMouse

I remember liking the old OVA thanks to the awesomeness of Birdy so I thought going in I would enjoy this but they really exceeded my expectations.

I'll have to wait until there are subs to comment on the actual story but the animation side seriously delivered the goods, atleast for the first episode. Birdy's new design looks fantastic in motion and I love the colors used in the show especially for the special effects and tech. As noted earlier I too liked the interesting camera work. And the motion animation was really very nice with no shortcut stills and did some real justice to the action, so I really enjoyed Birdy's fight scenes.

The comedy of their interaction should be really fun, however I too hope that a large majority of most of the episodes focuses on Birdy, especially if the series really only goes 13 eps as she's the real star of the show and as a Science Fiction and action fan her part has always interested me more than the comedy.

If they can keep this up, I really do hope that the show will get to go beyond just 13 episodes, perhaps a full 26.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-07-05 at 01:19.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 02:06   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 02:32   Link #84
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

You know, that speech pattern Shion uses is evil because it makes me cringe. >=O

Oh and I can't believe that one guy's last name is Shyamalan (anime original character). What were they thinking!?
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 02:55   Link #85
xizro345
King's Justice

Let's say I was pleased to see that this has nothing in common with the (horrible for me) OAV adaptation.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 03:17   Link #86
ZODDGUTS

lol wut? The OVA rocked!

Anyways wonder if they'll tone down Birdy's power in the TV series in the manga she's overpowered, her opponents aren't that much of a threat to her. Though I'm only up to vol 8 in the manga so maybe more powerful villains/enemies will show up.

Spoiler for Possible powerful enemy:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 12:56   Link #87
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Spoiler for Possible powerful enemy:
Spoiler:
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 14:21   Link #88
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Spoiler:
Niceeeeeeeee. Every person needs a good thrashing from time to time.
Old 2008-07-05, 23:39   Link #89
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

I want to see a fansub of this really, really badly. I was a huge fan of the original Birdy and I've never been happy that nobody picked up on the new comic series.
Old 2008-07-06, 00:17   Link #90
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
2 groups just released the subs.
Old 2008-07-06, 01:26   Link #91
ZODDGUTS

Since I've read the manga I found some of the changes a bit annoying like adding a sterotypical gay guy in the series ugh and making Birdy into an Idol, the anime added alot of other new stuff which irks me. Overall it was still good, really liked the animation and the action scenes though it was a bit floatly. Anyways just don't know why they made so many changes when they could have followed the manga easily early on.
Old 2008-07-06, 03:57   Link #92
TrueKnight

Holy shit, the 1st ep is fucking awesome. Superb animations, graphics, character designs and music. Can't judge about the story yet but the fight scenes just made me screaming for more. The only thing that is sin about this is Senkawa. Ugh, he completely ruined it just being there, typical generic male lead. I hope somehow he becomes GAR later on.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 04:18   Link #93
xizro345
King's Justice

As I said, I found the first OAVs totally abysmal, I'm glad the TV series is following a different direction.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 06:31   Link #94
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
I was quite skeptic at the beginning, but I was obviously wrong.
Birdy is quite a badass hot chick, isn't she? I really enjoyed the action scenes, and also Tsutomu doesn't seem too bad.
As for the OP and the ED I liked the first but not much the second.
Also, Kanae Itou (Hayamiya) voice acting was very good in my opinion.
Old 2008-07-06, 07:12   Link #95
mdauben

Thumbs up

I just watched the ep 1 sub from I-Z and was quite pleased. Some really great action/fighting sequenses, and the voice acters come across pretty well, too. It seems like so far at least they are doing a very good job of updating the original OVA.

Can't wait for the next ep!
Old 2008-07-06, 09:42   Link #96
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um is this on Crunchyroll cuz i liked the OVA soo um where is it watchable via online(pls pm me pls)
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 10:27   Link #97
Kaijin
かいじん

Loved the first episode! I'm definitely sticking with this one. Things look like they will only get more interesting & more complicated.
Old 2008-07-06, 10:31   Link #98
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

dang it im soo envious that you guys can watch it

pls tell me were can i watch it plssss
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 10:40   Link #99
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
dang it im soo envious that you guys can watch it

pls tell me were can i watch it plssss
I got the torrent from I-Z here

Don't know if it's online yet, but you can just download the torrent.
Old 2008-07-06, 10:43   Link #100
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I actually really enjoyed this first episode, the action scenes were really well done! So, is Birdy and Tsutomu(i think that was his name) fused in one person?
School boy by day, Superhero by night
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, sci-fi