AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-15, 02:43   Link #1841
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Wha~? That trivia corner is lacking the oomph, "whoa really!?" kind of stuff >_>

1.) Asks about the congratulation messages written hanging on Tamaki's wall in his bar. Somebody might have already known about this, but Tamaki's VA, Tanaka Kazunari, wrote his own congratulation message to his character, Tamaki, saying, "To the Handsome Tamaki". LOL

2.) About Xingke's noticeable absence in the wedding pic of Ougi and Villetta, still in Tamaki's bar. They offer no explanation, just this, "Why wasn't he at the wedding, despite his precious Tianzi being there? Could it because he had a violent coughing fit?"

3.) The the image of Suzaku and Arthur in Kallen's room - Original Picture by Sakurai Takahiro O_o

4.) Talks about the message on Suzaku's gravestone, which was "Here lies a consummate and invaluable knight to his highness". Suzaku has supposedly fallen in battle by the defeat of the Lancelot. He was the accomplice of the Atrocious Emperor Lelouch, but someone had his grave made.
That's kind of weird. Most people wouldn't even notice that image of Suzaku on the wall.
I think it would be more interesting to learn where Kallen got the Guren Key back. I doubt they let her keep it when she was put in jail. Lelouch's forces must have collected the remains of the Guren and kept it safe for Kallen to reclaim the key at some point.

About the picture at the wedding. MAYBE Xingke is the one taking the picture.
The series is often filled with images where it's unclear who could of taken the picture.
Old 2008-10-15, 02:48   Link #1842
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I think it would be more interesting to learn where Kallen got the Guren Key back. I doubt they let her keep it when she was put in jail. Lelouch's forces must have collected the remains of the Guren and kept it safe for Kallen to reclaim the key at some point.
Maybe he told Jeremiah or maybe even Suzaku to give the key to Kallen when it was all done and over with. Or he indeed just saw to that the guren (or what remained of it was kept safe so that Nunnally could then order the key to be retrieved for Kallen, because he was fairly certain that she'd want it as a memento...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 02:52   Link #1843
VNEpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
About the picture at the wedding. MAYBE Xingke is the one taking the picture.
The series is often filled with images where it's unclear who could of taken the picture.
That is a valid point but maybe Xingke wasn't able to attend. He is the acting CEO of the Black Knights now so he probably couldn't make it. That would explain why Gino is now hanging around the Tianzi in that other picture since Xingke probably had to give up his role as her guard to lead the BK army.
VNEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 09:59   Link #1844
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Wha~? That trivia corner is lacking the oomph, "whoa really!?" kind of stuff >_>

1.) Asks about the congratulation messages written hanging on Tamaki's wall in his bar. Somebody might have already known about this, but Tamaki's VA, Tanaka Kazunari, wrote his own congratulation message to his character, Tamaki, saying, "To the Handsome Tamaki". LOL

2.) About Xingke's noticeable absence in the wedding pic of Ougi and Villetta, still in Tamaki's bar. They offer no explanation, just this, "Why wasn't he at the wedding, despite his precious Tianzi being there? Could it because he had a violent coughing fit?"

3.) The the image of Suzaku and Arthur in Kallen's room - Original Picture by Sakurai Takahiro O_o

4.) Talks about the message on Suzaku's gravestone, which was "Here lies a consummate and invaluable knight to his highness". Suzaku has supposedly fallen in battle by the defeat of the Lancelot. He was the accomplice of the Atrocious Emperor Lelouch, but someone had his grave made.
Thank you so much for the translation! So it was Suzaku and Arthur he drew in the episode.

Someone had Suzaku's grave made? Other than Lelouch, who could it be? Arthur?

About Xingke, the question isn't answered. Is he sick on the bed or camera shy ? Congrats for being able to made it this far, Xingke!

If anyone is interested, I had the whole pages scanned. I supposed the scans had been posted. There are more interviews and comments in this month magazines as compared to previous month.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 11:08   Link #1845
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Well, as far as the Guren key goes, I've just always assumed that Lelouch probably left at least a letter or something behind for the people he cared most about. The Guren key would be with that. They probably couldn't show due to time constaints/ruining the ambiguous ending.

As for Xing Ke, maybe he believes that camaras steal souls.
Old 2008-10-15, 11:12   Link #1846
Eliarine

Quote:
Ah ah, that man sure is gifted then xD Thanks for the info! ;D
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 11:18   Link #1847
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, as far as the Guren key goes, I've just always assumed that Lelouch probably left at least a letter or something behind for the people he cared most about. The Guren key would be with that. They probably couldn't show due to time constaints/ruining the ambiguous ending.

As for Xing Ke, maybe he believes that camaras steal souls.
i was thinking that to (about the letter)
but i do wonder where the actual guren is since the shen hu wasnt destroyed
maybe lelouch had it fixed and left it for her somewhere too
if one wishes for peace one must be prepared to defeand it
and for that they need a weapon
Old 2008-10-15, 11:24   Link #1848
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Sounds good to me, it looks like they left it open for a sequel though, hopefully Taniguchi pulls a Tomino and refuses to do one, or at least does one that doesn't star Lelouch.

They have a good cast with a ton of potential, and they never fufilled it, maybe getting out from under the shadow Lelouch cast will do that.
In my opinion, if we ever see Code Geass again, it'll likely to take place after S1 rather than R2 becuase the producers were not satisfied with the current season at all. I think that a new series might be a Director's Cut version of R2. So it could be called S2, which would be the intended version for the second season before they were forced to make changes to it in order to reintroduce the characters. So a Mai Hime route might be possible.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 11:30   Link #1849
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
In my opinion, if we ever see Code Geass again, it'll likely to take place after S1 rather than R2 becuase the producers were not satisfied with the current season at all. I think that a new series might be a Director's Cut version of R2. So it could be called S2, which would be the intended version for the second season before they were forced to make changes to it in order to reintroduce the characters. So a Mai Hime route might be possible.
lets all hope for something like that (but i still cant see it happen)
Old 2008-10-15, 11:38   Link #1850
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I don't think the changes affected the ending itself that much, honestly. The intended version probably adressed dropped plot points, but the last episodes in my opinion were planned from the start.
Old 2008-10-15, 12:00   Link #1851
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
I don't think the changes affected the ending itself that much, honestly. The intended version probably adressed dropped plot points, but the last episodes in my opinion were planned from the start.
then why did the rest of the season kick ass (up to ep 19) and the rest was such a trainwreak
all that build up for an NGE rip off and a final battle consisting of
1)lelouch vs nunnaly
a "fight" that ends with him geassing her rather then actually making her see his point or actually showing any feelings between them
2)suzaku vs kallen
a fight that while actually between two characters who have some reason to fight (albit not so much of a reason to kill each other), could have been avoided altogether by just having suzaku tell kallen what he and lelouch are actually up to (or the they were even up to something at all)
3)anya vs Orenge
a fight that makes absolutly no sense between two people who have NOTHING to do with each other and only serves to show how badass orenge is

the whole last act was just completely lame with
1)people coming back from the dead for no reason (why gilford, what does he bring to the table at this point)

2)a "big bad" who proved to be neither big nor bad, and ended up falling for the same trick that mao did (and lelouch even stated that mao was an idiot)
shnizel was such an awesome villan in ep 19
he was even better at the game then lelouch was
but as soon as the final act came about he basiclly gained a small tactical advantage in the battle in ep 23 (due entirely to the fact that he had all the aces on his team)
and once lelouch had him at a disadvantage he just started nuke spamming
and i have said it before and will say it again
a magnificent basterd loses all his magnificence once he builds himself a doom fortress

3)they wasted the whole "suzaku finally snapped and is ready to be an actually convivncing villan for once rather then a wishy washy antagonist" that was in the end of 19
they just ended up wasting it all with a lame final act that seemed so pointless and contraived that they may have been doing it just to spite the fans (why would lelouch ally himself with the guy who blow his sister to kingdom come, or suzaku joining with the guy who admited he killed his girlfriend for political gain)

i wont deny that i'm also pissed off about the shipping war not getting an answer
but from a logical POV the ending sucked balls
Old 2008-10-15, 12:09   Link #1852
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
3)anya vs Orenge
a fight that makes absolutly no sense between two people who have NOTHING to do with each other and only serves to show how badass orenge is
Orange and Anya are linked: By that bitch that Orange used to be loyal to, the one who stole Anya's life.

Quote:
the whole last act was just completely lame with
1)people coming back from the dead for no reason (why gilford, what does he bring to the table at this point)
Your point is illogical: Guilford NEVER DIED in the first place, you just thought he did. Accept the difference please.

Quote:
2)a "big bad" who proved to be neither big nor bad, and ended up falling for the same trick that mao did (and lelouch even stated that mao was an idiot)
shnizel was such an awesome villan in ep 19
he was even better at the game then lelouch was
Scheinzel isn't really a villain at all.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:12   Link #1853
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i wont deny that i'm also pissed off about the shipping war not getting an answer
but from my point of view the ending sucked balls
Fixed that for you. The ending was the best part of R2 for me.

Lelouch and Suzaku were meant to work together in the end, that wasn't really surprising. The only thing that made me doubt this this at some point was the director's interview.

Though I'll agree that Lelouch's trick against Schneizel wasn't that great.
Old 2008-10-15, 12:15   Link #1854
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yes, and pretty much everyone killed could have NEVER DIED, but we are assuming they did. You could bring ANYONE back unless you actually see him slowly dying, and EVEN THEN, he could just wake up in the hospital (wow, that was a close call O_o , haven't we seen THAT before...). Damn, unless they actually put him in a COFFIN and show him getting buried on the spot (oh, or reducing him to charcoal on a funeral pyre), they can always bring him back with some lame excuse. The point is, do they really HAVE to pull crap like that for an insignificant (at the time) character?
Old 2008-10-15, 12:20   Link #1855
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

nunnaly died
sayako died
gilfod died
cornelia died

they all died on screen (the scene's in which they died clearly were ment to make us believe that they did)
the director's choice to bring them back is easy to do
you can make a hundred excuses on HOW they arent really dead
but the whole point was that they were ment to be seen as dead by both the viewers and the characters in the show
and bringing them back just ruins it (i personally think the plot would have been much better had nunnaly stayed dead)
and i'm gled sherly stayed dead becouse her death had so much impact on the show (i actually liked her and i still think that if she was back it would have sucked)

and Eliarine
please dont fix my posts
there was a reason for why i said that form a logical POV the ending sucked
its not from MY POV
its from simple plot logic
dead people should stay dead and plot induced stupidity in characters that are suppose to be smarter then god just doesnt make for a logical conclution
Old 2008-10-15, 12:43   Link #1856
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Thank you so much for the translation! So it was Suzaku and Arthur he drew in the episode.

Someone had Suzaku's grave made? Other than Lelouch, who could it be? Arthur?
Yes, Arthur made the grave on his own XD. Come to think of it, Taniguchi was dropping hints about Arthur doing something but we never did get to see what. Arthur=Valiant guard of Suzaku's "grave"?

Quote:
Oh, thanks for this. What mag did these come from again? Animage?

I'll jot down some quick, loose translations for now. This is not everything and not even word-for-word. I'll elaborate more on this if you guys want.

1st scan (upper half)
A protagonist never before seen! The Legendary Lelouch's Amazing Dogmatic Best 10!
1. He seems practiced in dogeza (kneeling). - Talks about Turn 16 "A Taste of Dirt".
2. He fooled the world with Zero Requiem - comments say that this will be carved in anime history.
3. He is slower than a stuffed costume! - Turn 5. Talks about how, during Suzaku's Welcome Festival, even tabattachi is able to outrun him.
4. Million Zeroes - Turn 8. Comments on how, as expected, the colors don't match!
5. He can even carefully put away a woman's clothes - Turn 11. Comment by editor: Definitely a middle-aged woman (obasan)!
6. He blew up Mt. Fuji
7. Once in a lifetime moment when he personally thrusts into a place using his knightmare! - speaks of Turn 24, when he and Suzaku penetrate the Damocles and he's lost his subordinates. (this probably talks about how Lelouch played offense in that scene.)
8. He dated 108 woman in a day!
9. The legend that he is inexperienced with kissing is true! - He was seemingly flustered during the scene with Shirley.
10. Finally, both eyes become red because of geass!

(lower half)
Reposting the stuff I already did. -
Until the very last, there are still things that have been "calculated". Lelouch's Last Trivia!
1.) Asks about the congratulation messages written hanging on Tamaki's wall in his bar. People might have already heard about this, but Tamaki's VA, Tanaka Kazunari, wrote his own congratulation message to his character, Tamaki, saying, "To the Handsome Tamaki". LOL

-----

2nd scan (upper half)
Lelouch's Tearful Path to Overcoming Nunnally
I've told others before, but this whole section is crack and I can't take it seriously. XD Why? In the main text, there are lines like -
"Why can't Lelouch overcome the tiny wall that is Nunnally? Is it because he doesn't want to overcome her!?"
"Lelouch's path to 'Overcoming Nunnally' has reached climax! and oniisama's painful thoughts/feelings can be seen in his heart."
"Looking back now, this has been Lelouch's hardest battle of the heart!"

(lower half)
Which Lelouch do you like the best? Pick from the "Three Faces"
a. His Excellency, Emperor Lelouch
- attaining greatness, he is able to push his whims
- not once does he smile from the bottom of his heart
- betraying many people, he has no allies
- if need be, he can be thoroughly glass-hearted
- once he obtains power, he can execute his actions very quickly

b. The Masked Man Zero
- his bluffs are effective in becoming Zero
- he can use the Shinkirou's keyboard like a piano; even Rolo is absorbed in the Shinkirou's power
- he can only consult with C.C.; to hide his identity, he hides behind a mask that isolates him
- why is he taller in Zero guise than when he is a student? why can't his honest face be seen? why is his voice lower? --> decidedly, he's become a true villain!
- it is painful for him to keep his deeds a secret

c. Lelouch Lamperouge
- his brilliance is unmatched
- he knows more about household/family affairs just like a middle-aged woman (obasan)!?
- despite being a student, he's knowledgeable about wine
- physically inept; stands out next to the muscle idiot Suzaku
- if he goes on a trip, he'll bring back a present; he took pains to even buy Shirley a gift in the midst of a war

------
Quotes at the very bottom of the page:
Leftmost - Lelouch's infamous Rolo-zoukin (Rolo-rag) line
2nd to left - Lelouch's (arrogant?) line, "You should be proud to have chosen me..." to Kallen during their Turn 2 confrontation.

This stuff is laden with the Animage editors' flavor. So, can't really take much seriously, just some fun crack.

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2008-10-17 at 08:35. Reason: grammar >_<
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 12:55   Link #1857
Shuuda
Sniped.

Quote:
nunnaly died
sayako died
gilfod died
cornelia died
they all died on screen
No they did not:

- We only see a purple light around Nunnaly and Sayako, we never see them actually being absorbed into the blast. Also note that there were two shuttles in the hanger in ep 18, so it was possible to predict that they had survived logical.

- We see the lower half of Guilford's Vincent get absorbed into the blast, then a cut to a "Signal lost" screen. There are believe (as far a fiction goes at least) reasons as to how he survived.

- Cornelia only got shot in the legs, survival was always possible.
Old 2008-10-15, 13:03   Link #1858
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

but that was not the point of the scenes
when you kill off a character you do it for a reason
you want their deaths to effect the plot
in this case bringing them back (un-deathing them if you prefer) cancels the change and ruins it completly
suppose for a sec that sherly came back to life
would that be a good thing for sherly fans
probably (some would see it my way)
would this be a good thing for the plot
not at all
and this is what they did with nunnaly's death (the one death that should have had the most impact)
Old 2008-10-15, 13:06   Link #1859
Eliarine

Quote:
and Eliarine
please dont fix my posts
there was a reason for why i said that form a logical POV the ending sucked
its not from MY POV
its from simple plot logic
dead people should stay dead and plot induced stupidity in characters that are suppose to be smarter then god just doesnt make for a logical conclution
Your logic is based on your own opinions. The examples you brought up to prove that, logically speaking, the ending "sucked ass" are facts you interpreted as illogical.

1) Lelouch didn't want Nunally to know what he was up to, because she would have tried to stop him. There was an intense scene about their feelings as siblings in the last parts of the show, and that was when Lelouch died.

2) Lelouch and Suzaku wanted to involve as little close friends in their plans as possible, and to fake Suzaku's death. It fits. Not to mention that from a mecha-show POV, there had to be a final confrontation between the two best Knightmares in the series.

3) Apart from showing how badass Orange is, it also happened to allow him to realize Anya's memories had been tampered with, and to un-Geass her.

People coming back from the dead is not the greatest thing ever, but Sunrise has a thing for plot twists. And apart from Nunally - which fits into the WHAT A TWEEST category - Cornelia and Guilford weren't that important in the finale to use this as an excuse to call it completely illogical. I already gave my opinion on the whole Geassing Schneizel matter, but the only thing wrong with this is the way Lelouch did it in my opinion. As for Lelouch and Suzaku reconciling, that was Shirley's doing, their old friendship did the rest. I would have liked to know more about that one month they spent together too, but it was necessary for it to remain secret to make the finale even more intense.

That only leaves Nunally coming back from the dead and Lelouch's lame trick as "illogical" stuff as far as I'm concerned. Though I should mention here that when talking about the "ending" I mainly mean Zero Requiem itself, which was the best thing out of R2 for me.

tl;dr: The ending sucking ass is still your opinion. I personally think it rocked.

@blottyparchment: Thank you so much for the translation! <3 That was awesome xD
Old 2008-10-15, 13:06   Link #1860
Shuuda
Sniped.

Quote:
but that was not the point of the scenes
when you kill off a character you do it for a reason
you want their deaths to effect the plot
in this case bringing them back (un-deathing them if you prefer) cancels the change and ruins it completly
suppose for a sec that sherly came back to life
would that be a good thing for sherly fans
probably (some would see it my way)
would this be a good thing for the plot
not at all
and this is what they did with nunnaly's death (the one death that should have had the most impact)
You are being illogical again:

- We see shirly die, we do not see Nunnaly die.
- Nunnaly's "Death" was always questionable (two shuttles). Therefore it is not so shocking that she returned.

Their "deaths" are far too different to compare.