AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 11:44   Link #161
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Everything KyoAni makes is 5/5 by default. Which means that you are all wrong. Hah! So there.

/thread

[serious]To be truthful more than KyoAni designs or animation, I'm really in love with their scriptwriters and their directors. Their series always have to have a super-b sense of flow, or at least one that really resonates with me. So I'm really anticipating this series.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 11:45   Link #162
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't know why I'm defending this show, but you need to rewatch Haruhi '06... it's aged quite poorly in some respects.
Really? Well to be fair, I'm not that big of a Haruhi fan, but I do remember it being really visually pleasing for its time, and for having a kickass male lead through Kyon. Loved his deadpan, sarcastic and cynical type of humour.

Quote:
This is not a studio well-known for that kind of content. This isn't K-On's art style either, even if it looks similar.
I know, I'm just picking a bone here. I just get really bummed out when I see potential untapped - see Guilty Crown .

But hey, if Hyou-ka ends up anything like Bungaku Shojo, big thumbs up from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Everything KyoAni makes is 5/5 by default. Which means that you are all wrong. Hah! So there.

/thread
Kyoani is the best studio ever!!!

Quote:
seriousTo be truthful more than KyoAni designs or animation, I'm really in love with their scriptwriters and their directors. Their series always have to have a super-b sense of flow, or at least one that really resonates with me. So I'm really anticipating this series.
Imagine if you had Kyoani animators, PA Works background artists, IG/Madhouse directors. /drool

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-03-09 at 11:56.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 12:23   Link #163
rulfo

Whoah people stop....

Let's not turn this into a KyoAni discussion thread v2326463.

You've already done a number on that original thread.

Also regarding 2006 haruhi's design. IMHO No... KyoAni definitely improved on their character designs when you compare Haruhi S1 to Disappearance. I rewatched Haruhi S1 after watching Disappearance it was quite jarring when you notice the difference.

Now enough about that and please let's drop the topic. Go to the KyoAni discussion thread if you wanna throw that never ending rehash of a topic.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 12:25   Link #164
leokiko

Actually, they are talking about the animation in Hyou-ka, so I think it's not off-topic at all.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 12:28   Link #165
rulfo

Yeah and I just saw it getting derailed to Haruhi/FMP territory again and how it's not gritty and stuff etc and eventually spiraling towards that same topic again that I stated.

You know it to be true. If not I suggest you go take a look at the KyoAni discussion thread.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 13:29   Link #166
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Things will depend on how the story is suppose to go, since this is an adaptation of a youth mystery novel from 2001.

Also remember that the book's English title seems to be "You Can't Escape" and that the movie "The Incite Mill" was based on the author's horror stories.
Old 2012-03-09, 23:07   Link #167
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Imagine if you had Kyoani animators, PA Works background artists, IG/Madhouse directors. /drool
clannad specially AS had nothing to envy to PA backgrounds, also directors that have worked with kyoani ave done a great job maintaining the feel of the original works, while IG and madhouse directors have taken some questionable choices for some of their adaptations tv wise, because movie wise i agree they have done a lot of anime masterpieces.
Old 2012-03-10, 00:22   Link #168
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Had a look at the first chapter of the manga, which adapts episode one of the series(looking at it its pretty clear the mangaka drawing this had either already seen the first episode, or at least had a look at the storyboard). All I can say so far is, its reminiscent of both Haruhi and K-On! with regard to atmosphere.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 09:16   Link #169
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Had a look at the first chapter of the manga, which adapts episode one of the series(looking at it its pretty clear the mangaka drawing this had either already seen the first episode, or at least had a look at the storyboard). All I can say so far is, its reminiscent of both Haruhi and K-On! with regard to atmosphere.
Since both series are based off of the same light novel series, it's not surprising that both would have the same atmosphere. The character designer assisting with the manga designs would also help create that feel.

I agree. The first chapter looks pretty good from what I've seen of it (not much).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 10:08   Link #170
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Do they get to start their first mystery to solve?
Old 2012-03-11, 05:15   Link #171
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Magazine Scans:

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2012-03-11 at 05:39.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 05:46   Link #172
HasuMasu
*Artist

Why does this somehow remind me of Denpa Onna with regards to the art?
Old 2012-03-11, 13:37   Link #173
LC
Shocking Pink

Very excited for this one. For me, there was nothing to watch in the Winter season, and this is pretty much my only hope for the spring. I hope the trailer comes out soon!
Old 2012-03-11, 15:44   Link #174
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Why does this somehow remind me of Denpa Onna with regards to the art?
mmmh.. the boys design do look similar, but the girls designs are quite different, but it does feel similar.

ive been wondering, does this novel turns dark later on? because what i readed in this thrad give me that feeling.
Old 2012-03-11, 15:51   Link #175
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
mmmh.. the boys design do look similar, but the girls designs are quite different, but it does feel similar.

ive been wondering, does this novel turns dark later on? because what i readed in this thrad give me that feeling.
Highly unlikely it will go dark. Light-hearted slice-and-life with decent mystery is what I'm expecting here. I know nothing of the original material though so all I said is speculation, but it did win an award before, so maybe it will suprise us with an good mystery?

If it turns out to be dark later on, seeing an anime like that together with these characters designs would be too awesome to put it in words.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 16:47   Link #176
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If it gets dark, we know that KyoAni can do dark. They usually don't do dark, but they have given us enough reason to believe they can do it.

Everyday Mysteries.

Whatever that means.
Old 2012-03-11, 17:49   Link #177
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Is there anyone out there who has read the novel?
Old 2012-03-11, 17:59   Link #178
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Is there anyone out there who has read the novel?
It just so happens an English translation of the first two chapters came up a few days ago. You can read it yourself if you want.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-03-15, 19:33   Link #179
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://www.kotenbu.com/special/120316pv.html

PV out!

Kyoani really going all out with this one in animation. Those eyes!
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-03-15, 19:50   Link #180
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, it is KyoAni. They tend to go all out. But yeah, those are an upgrade to their usual eyes.

Also that floating text make me want them to remake Umineko (and take the second part out of DEEN's hands).

Tags
adaptation, shounen, slice of life