AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 07:11   Link #1721
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think most people will no longer care. This is already the second season, and only the new guys would be squawking about how Horizon sucks, both here and in 4chan.

There will be no tolerance for lack of understanding because there's Zeroblade's Tumblr and the wiki to clear things out one way or another.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 08:27   Link #1722
Honda Futayo
Junior Strike-Force

Send a message via Yahoo to Honda Futayo
Really, the only people I have found that dislike the series are the ones that haven't watched it. Anyone I've gotten to watch it, tells me they can't stop laughing.

Actually, I've only been told that the only reason they hate Horizon is because of the lacking amount of untranslated material. The poor guy wanted to read more into the series, but sadly Baka-Tsuki hasn't gotten far.
Honda Futayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 09:13   Link #1723
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Futayo View Post
Really, the only people I have found that dislike the series are the ones that haven't watched it. Anyone I've gotten to watch it, tells me they can't stop laughing.

Actually, I've only been told that the only reason they hate Horizon is because of the lacking amount of untranslated material. The poor guy wanted to read more into the series, but sadly Baka-Tsuki hasn't gotten far.
It's not easy to go far either...oh and yeah, people do die in this series. Prime example being Horizon's father but other minor characters do so too...it's actually quite serious deep down.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:18   Link #1724
classic

i heard it is a lot of material to translate. Moreover, the content is pretty difficult.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 11:38   Link #1725
Honda Futayo
Junior Strike-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
i heard it is a lot of material to translate. Moreover, the content is pretty difficult.
There's a lot, and I don't blame translator's for getting burned out. I just wish I could show some more support for the people who are working on it.
Old 2012-06-16, 19:24   Link #1726
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I expect the Second Season to dwell more into the "dangerous tendencies" of following history based on some book. Masazumi already opened up this criticism of the Testament's tendency of being misinterpreted, which Innocentius already admitted to having a possibility, and we will see many characters, especially Felipe Segundo, who are "victims of History Recreation" per se.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-06-16, 22:03   Link #1727
Honda Futayo
Junior Strike-Force

From what I understand, we're supposed to get to see Masazumi's mouse more this next season, provided that this upcoming season follows through like the previous and does a whole book in a season.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:39   Link #1728
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
__HORIZON__ Thank you everyone was seeing the Horizon [BS11 Episode 11 is on the border! BS11 started broadcasting from 7/10 also the second stage! 7/9 ~ Chibaterebi: 7/9 ~ TV Aichi: 7/9 - Ball 7/8 to Tele: 7/7 ~ TOKYO MX:: 7/8 ~ TVK MBS other # Kyoukaisen
from the official website

so apparently second season will air around July 7-9

== edit ==

but wait, what about this?

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2012-06-17 at 04:49. Reason: whoops
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 05:12   Link #1729
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

There is no clash....it just says S2 will air in July
Old 2012-06-18, 05:11   Link #1730
Akari Misaki

Will 1 cour be alright? since vol.2 has more pages than vol.1, more characters, more story plots, etc.
Akari Misaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 03:04   Link #1731
Ichijo

Maybe I talk with the wrong crowd, but it really annoys me when Horizon is called Fantasy series, instead of Sci-fi.

But anyway, looking forward to England, Spain and huge battles involving Musashi and of course characters.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 04:23   Link #1732
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It is actually both sci-fi and fantasy because Horizon possesses both sci-fi elements and fantasy elements.

Old 2012-06-19, 05:12   Link #1733
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It is actually both sci-fi and fantasy because Horizon possesses both sci-fi elements and fantasy elements.
Fantasy? No is not fantasy....There's no magic and powers and such in Kawakami verse

Entire Kawakami-verse runs on SF concepts....even if it has the trappings of fantasy the entire thing beneath is SF. Even stuff like Concept Cores and Taizaibusou can be explained away as SF tech...

And unlike many series, the gap between SF and fantasy in Kawakami-verse isn't that blur.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:57   Link #1734
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Anyway, since where about two weeks away from the 14th episode (or the 1st episode of the second season), is there any news about a second PV of the series?

Old 2012-06-19, 18:39   Link #1735
Honda Futayo
Junior Strike-Force

All I've seen is the anime preview on Youtube with Tori yelling when it starts and then Horizon calling for Tori.

I'm actually more curious about what happens to Seijun in this upcoming season.
Spoiler for scene:
Old 2012-06-19, 22:06   Link #1736
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

On an kinda non-related note to the anime, Horizon is getting a game adaption for PSP. An SRPG, that is.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/19...coming-to-psp/

[edit]
Nevermind, posted on the previous page.
Old 2012-06-19, 22:40   Link #1737
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What's good about this is that it is a tactics game. I'm actually hoping for a PS3 game of Horizon with graphics that match the quality of the anime series.

Kawakami sure is happy right now.

Old 2012-06-20, 07:42   Link #1738
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I'm not hoping that the game will be as good as ffta or disgaea

but still premises of horizon-verse with tactic battle using multiple classes/jobs are making me droll
Old 2012-06-20, 18:25   Link #1739
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
I wonder how much hate this show will get next season
All of the hate! It is incomprehensible, it is wrong, it is the badness and how dare it have a fanbase!

Though by that point maybe people will stop watching bad fansubs and realize it's really not that hard to comprehend. I mean as far as light novel adaptations go people like the Monogatari stuff and I find that far more rambly, hard to find a coherent plot thread in and just downright incomprehensible at the best of times so if people can stomache that I'm sure they can find a way to "getting" Horizon or at the very least not totally dumping on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Futayo View Post

What I think happened is people assumed a lot of things about it based on watching the first episode or possibly even just based on the look of it's promo art. To be honest, when I first looked at it it looked like a total writeoff as just another sleazy ero anime, and while it does have a lot of ero stuff in it it also has an extremely dense plot and colorful cast that reveals itself as the story starts to kick into high gear. I see a similar sort of thing going on albeit to a significantly lesser extent with this seasons Accel World which again on first glance of promotional art comes off as a bit of a bishoujo harem affair with shonen tendencies (or cliches as they often get called nowadays), which while again also being the case is merely the tip of the iceberg for what is again a pretty dense affair dealing with a myriad of science fiction and gaming concepts and some fairly complex character drama/growth for what I was expecting. It's just how it goes when your shows look like Sunrise Studio 8's do I guess.

And that Horizon game actually sounds kind of interesting if it does indeed feature that much content. Typically I find anime games overpriced and focused more on the visual novel aspect of matters than gameplay, but if there actually are over 400 missions ala FFTA2 and the combat system is decent it could prove fun if difficult to play on account of not understanding all of the objectives.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-06-20 at 18:35.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 18:27   Link #1740
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What's good about this is that it is a tactics game. I'm actually hoping for a PS3 game of Horizon with graphics that match the quality of the anime series.

Kawakami sure is happy right now.
is hiding behind Adele a official tactic?

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise