AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 09
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 113 61.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 44 23.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 13 7.03%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 3.78%
6 out of 10 : Average... 4 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.54%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 1.08%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-02, 09:14   Link #261
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
so why would a man not help a woman? Is it really wrong to do it?
No, it's not wrong at all, but it is wrong to think you have to help because the person in need is a woman. If the one in need was a man, wouldn't you want help all the same?
Old 2012-09-02, 09:18   Link #262
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Did anyone catch that when Kirito was opening his eyes after he beat the boss that Asuna suddenly had blue hair calling out his name?
It's Sachi.... that's what most of us think.... it isn't Asuna...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:24   Link #263
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, it's not wrong at all, but it is wrong to think you have to help because the person in need is a woman. If the one in need was a man, wouldn't you want help all the same?
I guess I haven't expressed myself this time correctly, once again.
What I mean is a woman is weaker by nature. Of course if a man was in need of help I would help him. But the difference is, 99% of the time a man is stronger than a woman, I have never said a man shouldn't help another man, I'm only saying that a man has the duty to protect the woman. I would never say a man shouldn't protect another man, in fact, some of my friends in school were scared by the " gangsters " from our school, who were just kids in pretty big gangs who wouldn't do something alone, and as they fell back, I joined in, and stopped them ( You know, that type of kids who join together to steal money and stuff )( even knowing I would probably get my azz kicked, thank god because that didn't happen ), but also, that might have been because those friends of mine were my best friends, and I have only trusted in about 5 persons ( not mentioning my family ), ever.
I'm not saying a man should try to go Rambo, of course a person will always do crazy stuff about their most important friends/family/other.
Edit: What I didn't wasn't actually going Rambo thinking I could protect them myself, half of the school knew me because of my brother, I knew that if I needed help someone would help me, it has happened before I had to fight agaisn't 3 guys because they were pretty dumb, and 5 guys I didn't know helped me. I was really grateful, and it didn't hurt my pride, it actually did make me quite cheerful, knowing people like this still exist. ( Not saying you were talking about pride )
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:27   Link #264
Arya

Given Asuna's mastered cooking skillz this show is obviously a sexist show. And I suspect she is really good even at ironing, it was simply cut out from the VN. (just kidding)

Back to the episode, it seems that my concert about Asuna/Kirito duoing the boss was excessive. But the episode was awesome, like the previous one. I mean, not that my rational side didn't knock at my emotive door when Kirito went in god mode (ok, he didn't but that what it seemed at the moment) soloing him, but we ignored it.
But when Asuna started her never-ending-hug even my rational side was celebrating.
So, I can totally forgive anything for the rule of cool !!

Speaking of Asuna change of behavior when with Kirito, I agree that it's a bit a way to make kirito shine. But on the other hand it's true that she has never cared for anyone else until now and never relied on anyone, I guess, so she needs to get used to it.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:45   Link #265
Raviel

I love how the soundtrack has really picked up with past few eps but on to the episode itself, as awesome as it was to see Kirito dual-wield a floor boss to death I REALLY have to question his recklessness here.

In a game where you can actually die I probably would have just created an opening to escape, as a gamer though I like how the end of the fight was handled to make sure it didn't look like an ass-pull win

Im sure anyone who has ever played a video game can relate to how Kirito just barely managed to win that fight.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:52   Link #266
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Given Asuna's mastered cooking skillz this show is obviously a sexist show. And I suspect she is really good even at ironing, it was simply cut out from the VN. (just kidding)

Back to the episode, it seems that my concert about Asuna/Kirito duoing the boss was excessive. But the episode was awesome, like the previous one. I mean, not that my rational side didn't knock at my emotive door when Kirito went in god mode (ok, he didn't but that what it seemed at the moment) soloing him, but we ignored it.
But when Asuna started her never-ending-hug even my rational side was celebrating.
So, I can totally forgive anything for the rule of cool !!

Speaking of Asuna change of behavior when with Kirito, I agree that it's a bit a way to make kirito shine. But on the other hand it's true that she has never cared for anyone else until now and never relied on anyone, I guess, so she needs to get used to it.
I don't really think this is a sexist show, because women normally make so the man protects them, because they want to feel secure, and most of the times, women aren't happy just about playing a game, or swinging swords or other toys, while men are. Women enjoy more cooking ( My mum enjoys it quite a lot, and many of the girls I know also enjoy cooking, only a few didn't enjoy doing it ) than playing some kind of game...tho I don't know if this is the case, I don't think you could say Asuna got at this high level because she enjoyed the game like Kirito, but because she didn't want to lose to this game, and remain herself, as she mentioned in episode 2. She maxed Cooking as a bit of selfish desire, but hey, you can't do as everyone wants and deny your feelings just because you are helping them, you have to be able to do atleast some things you like too. And I am quite sure she enjoys cooking, tho it was also probably to get some love points from Kirito, I mean, she surely does know how to act with a boy.
I like to cook when my mum isn't here to cook for me, of course I would rather have my mum cook for me tho, her food is the best I have tasted, even in restaurants I haven't seen such good quality food with low cost. I do prefer playing more than cooking tho.
Edit: I'm not saying most women enjoy cooking, maybe it is just in my country. I can't say the same about other countries.

Last edited by Karakuri; 2012-09-02 at 10:14.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 10:04   Link #267
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post

Im sure anyone who has ever played a video game can relate to how Kirito just barely managed to win that fight.
*Just remembered Monster Girl Quest 2 Boss fight

Yup... I know...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 11:05   Link #268
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

My God, Kirito using two swords and doing that barrage of strikes against Gleam Eyes was the best thing i seen! The hug Asuna gave him later was a plus as well.

10 out of 10!
Old 2012-09-02, 11:41   Link #269
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Wow Asuna couldn't let go of him for a long time. Kirito almost died which is something I guess. That boss was brutal then.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 11:47   Link #270
Rakshasa

Quote:
It's how you get pussy, if you want to call it sexist then what ever.
Old 2012-09-02, 11:51   Link #271
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episode. They wrapped things in nicely and the boss fight was awesome.
Old 2012-09-02, 12:01   Link #272
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It isn't actually so far removed from how it ended up, in fact. But rather than being trapped in the room by the door closing, they were trapped because they had to rescue the Army guild members since teleport crystals didn't work. And in the end, though the Army took down the HP to about 75%, the rest was all Kirito, Asuna, and Klein. So it wasn't exactly as some (including myself) had speculated... but the net effect was essentially the same. In the end, circumstances basically trapped them in the room and they had to beat (finish beating) the boss by themselves.
One side note being that there shouldn't had been a boss battle as it was just supposed to be a simple outing between Asuna & Kirito. Then the CO reads in the news headlines the next day that they went ahead and defeated a boss at what would be perceived as taking on something of far too great of a risk, not just for the pair alone, but placing at stake the guild as a whole. On top of which Asuna now wants to abandon her duties with the guild to spend more time with Kirito. Had the CO been with them as that boss battle went underway, the CO probably would had let the Army die. This clearly has the CO really pissed off, and now that it has come down to a duel, I could only wonder if Kirito will be able to walk off with their "princess", or if Kirito will end up as the next Guts.

Last edited by Green²; 2012-09-02 at 12:31. Reason: Derping the names this morning.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:10   Link #273
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
One side note being that there shouldn't had been a boss battle as it was just supposed to be a simple outing between Asuna & Klein. Then the CO reads in the news headlines the next day that they went ahead and defeated a boss at what would be perceived as taking on something of far too great of a risk, not just for the pair alone, but placing at stake the guild as a whole. On top of which Asuna now wants to abandon her duties with the guild to spend more time with Klein. Had the CO been with them as that boss battle went underway, the CO probably would had let the Army die. This clearly has the CO really pissed off, and now that it has come down to a duel, I could only wonder if Klein will be able to walk off with their "princess", or if Klein will end up as the next Guts.
If Klein tries to walk off with Asuna, I do not doubt Kirito will kick him in the balls repeatedly.

Also it seems the head of KoB is planning something more than just trying to keep their princess around.
Old 2012-09-02, 12:12   Link #274
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Why does every single comment containing "man" or "woman" have to be sexist these days?

.... Was that a sexist comment?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:12   Link #275
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Wow Asuna couldn't let go of him for a long time. Kirito almost died which is something I guess. That boss was brutal then.
Indeed. That scene was really adorable. It makes me wonder how long they stayed like that since it looked like Asuna will not let go anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
the boss fight was awesome.
I concur. It was flashy and intense especially since it was a damage race between Kirito and the boss. The action scene was very satisfying.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:20   Link #276
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
Also it seems the head of KoB is planning something more than just trying to keep their princess around.
Um... obviously he wants Kirito to join his guild.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:25   Link #277
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
One side note being that there shouldn't had been a boss battle as it was just supposed to be a simple outing between Asuna & Klein. Then the CO reads in the news headlines the next day that they went ahead and defeated a boss at what would be perceived as taking on something of far too great of a risk, not just for the pair alone, but placing at stake the guild as a whole. On top of which Asuna now wants to abandon her duties with the guild to spend more time with Klein. Had the CO been with them as that boss battle went underway, the CO probably would had let the Army die. This clearly has the CO really pissed off, and now that it has come down to a duel, I could only wonder if Klein will be able to walk off with their "princess", or if Klein will end up as the next Guts.
I know Klein is a pretty cool and likeable guy but... you mean Kirito there not Klein
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:29   Link #278
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
I know Klein is a pretty cool and likeable guy but... you mean Kirito there not Klein
Yes, my mistake.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:32   Link #279
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
True, but Asuna is a lot more dependent (emotionally speaking) on Kirito than the other way around. She said so herself, "what would I do if you die"?
Well, she's more willing to express it. But we already have a good idea how Kirito would react if Asuna died from ep.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Kirito kind of skimmed over it really fast in episode 4, but he has a cousin who grew up with him as a sister (and doesn't even know she's his cousin).
Is it any wonder he's so into video games? His real life is the set-up to a lame imouto comedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Get the maximum amount of strongest players and hope for the best. If it is wiped out, game over.
And ready tons of healing potions/crystals.
Potions are slow to take effect, and crystals wouldn't work in an anti-crystal room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
I don't really think this is a sexist show, because women normally make so the man protects them, because they want to feel secure, and most of the times, women aren't happy just about playing a game, or swinging swords or other toys, while men are. Women enjoy more cooking ( My mum enjoys it quite a lot, and many of the girls I know also enjoy cooking, only a few didn't enjoy doing it ) than playing some kind of game...
Yes, that's the expectation of society which many people accept without questioning because they were conditioned so. That's what sexism is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
It's how you get pussy, if you want to call it sexist then what ever.
Funnily enough, many women would slap you rather than sleep with you if you tried it. I find that those women are generally more interesting than the other type.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:35   Link #280
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Now that I think about it, wonder if Klein still has that revival item on him. Considering how close Kirito came to being done for that would have been nice to have handy .