AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-08-14, 14:08   Link #2221
Clarste
Human

That's not really silly news. It happens quite often, and sometimes they destroy things while searching, kill pets who try to defend the house, etc.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 14:28   Link #2222
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What, am I the only one who's suspicious of that Granma? I'm sure if you pryed the floorboards or something, you'd find a stash of "hard candy".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 15:24   Link #2223
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
is this guy reporting or... just gloating?

Spoiler for you decide...:
Now why would I torture myself by forcing myself to watch babbling of Bill O'Reilly, one of the most despecable man in news media. (IMO, of course)
Old 2009-08-14, 20:43   Link #2224
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
well luckyly the door didn't fly-off towards her face or something

& they didn't even listen to the neighbours at all!? WTH!?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 00:27   Link #2225
Shadow Kira01

That's a nice Buddha statue..

On a closer look, I think I am going to walk away now.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 00:57   Link #2226
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

thats the kind of stuff that gives people nightmares

*takes a can of raid to bed with him.
Old 2009-08-16, 04:26   Link #2227
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

That's a nice Buddha statue..

On a closer look, I think I am going to walk away now.
now that makes a good Horror movie/Final Fantasy/Silent Hill inspiration
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-08-16, 12:25   Link #2228
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And when you're close enough, they come to life and swarm you.... munch munch.
Old 2009-08-17, 01:03   Link #2229
Saleh
Inactive

Hitting the wrong Sydney...

Quote:
SYDNEY (Reuters) - A Dutchman and his grandson boarded a flight to Sydney, looking forward to visiting sunny Australia, but ended up in a much chillier Sydney -- in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Joannes Rutten, 71, and his 15-year-old grandson Nick booked the trip through a Dutch travel agency with plans to visit family living in Wollongong and Tallong, south of Sydney, according to local newspaper the Illawarra Mercury.

They set out from Amsterdam's Schiphol airport with Air Canada on Saturday but instead of arriving to views of the Sydney Harbor Bridge and Opera House, they touched down at Sydney in Cape Breton Island, off Canada's north east coast -- more than 17,000 kms (10,000 miles) away from their intended destination.

Air Canada organized hotel rooms in the wrong Sydney, a former mining town with high unemployment and a population of about 26,000, until they could arrange flights on to the right Sydney, which boasts sun-kissed beaches and 4 million people.

They finally arrived in Australia on Wednesday.

"I think it was quite an adventure for the 15-year-old. They're not seasoned travelers. Joannes was absolutely exhausted when he arrived," Rutten's cousin, Yvonne Wallace, from Wollongong, told the newspaper.

Clare MacDougall, who works for Air Canada, was at Sydney Airport (Nova Scotia) to meet the aircraft.

"When the door opened, the flight attendant said: "You're not going to believe it but we have two people who thought they were en route to Sydney, Australia,"" she told the Cape Breton Post newspaper.

"They arrived with no Canadian money -- they had all Australian money."
Old 2009-08-17, 08:41   Link #2230
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Let me guess...

It was most likely a case of misunderstanding in which the tourists asked to arrange a trip for "Sydney" who indicating the country of this Sydney and since the tourists had chosen "Air Canada" as their plane company, the travel agency instantly thought they wanted to go to Nova Scotia.

The one to blame is probably both sides as that it is responsibility for the travel agency to make sure where their customers are heading and not make any strange assumptions. At the same time, you can't just blame it all on the travel agency when the location of the travel should be on the boarding pass and also the schedule, why didn't the tourists took a look before heading onto the plane. Its like a comedy!
Old 2009-08-17, 09:21   Link #2231
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Let me guess...

It was most likely a case of misunderstanding in which the tourists asked to arrange a trip for "Sydney" who indicating the country of this Sydney and since the tourists had chosen "Air Canada" as their plane company, the travel agency instantly thought they wanted to go to Nova Scotia.

The one to blame is probably both sides as that it is responsibility for the travel agency to make sure where their customers are heading and not make any strange assumptions. At the same time, you can't just blame it all on the travel agency when the location of the travel should be on the boarding pass and also the schedule, why didn't the tourists took a look before heading onto the plane. Its like a comedy!
I think it is the UN's fault for not passing a resolution to ban similarity in names. Here is another case of such happening......

Spoiler for big:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 09:23   Link #2232
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
hey!, it makes a good family movie setting, "the adventures of Jr & grandpa"
oh, wait! that already happened
Old 2009-08-17, 12:19   Link #2233
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think it is the UN's fault for not passing a resolution to ban similarity in names. Here is another case of such happening......

Spoiler for big:
It is difficult for the United Nations to pass a resolution ban as that there will be a period of confusion. People who don't pay attention to the news or the official announcement of name changes may get one location mixed up for two different places and it will deem to be problematic.

I still think gramps and his grandson were doing it on purpose for some sort of absurd objective as that none of it adds up. They did not check their boarding passes. They did not make any confirmations or verifcations with their travel agency. When you enter the inside layers of an airport to wait for a plane to come, how is it possible for the two of them to not hear any announcements or see the huge LCD board at the gate that indicates their destination? Did they not check the monitor for their departure time and arrival locations? None of it makes any sense yet it happened.. Strange!
Old 2009-08-17, 12:50   Link #2234
Saleh
Inactive

Hotel mistake creates rush for 1 cent weekend

Quote:
ROME (Reuters) - Hundreds of holiday makers struck lucky when they chanced upon a very special offer -- a mistake in a hotel booking system which offered a romantic four-star weekend in Italy's lagoon city of Venice for 1 cent.

The offer, a tiny fraction of the Crowne Plaza Quarto D'Altino's normal rate of up to 150 euros ($214) a night, was quickly withdrawn when staff realized the mistake, Italian state TV reported.

In just a few hours, some 1,400 nights had been booked under the tariff, costing an estimated 90,000 euros for the hotel, part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group, the world's largest chain, media reported.

Old 2009-08-17, 13:00   Link #2235
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
are they going to honor it or are they going to do a bestbuy?
Old 2009-08-17, 13:11   Link #2236
Woopzilla
Desensitized

BBC reported that they'll honor it, which makes sense since the report mentioned a 90'000 Euro loss.

Quote:
It is difficult for the United Nations to pass a resolution ban as that there will be a period of confusion. People who don't pay attention to the news or the official announcement of name changes may get one location mixed up for two different places and it will deem to be problematic.
And not only that... there would probably be a lot of arguements over who gets to keep 'their name'.
Old 2009-08-18, 07:18   Link #2237
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Science ponders 'zombie attack'
Quote:
If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilisation unless dealt with quickly and aggressively.
Everyone get your guns ready & stock up your ammo!
Old 2009-08-18, 07:59   Link #2238
Woopzilla
Desensitized

No problem, just get a real life Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy and boom! Zombies have been dealt a crippling blow. They've acquired new abilities in recent installments to make zombies drop ammo.

But seriously, give certain characteristics to any fictional creature and they could cause the collapse of civilization.

This reminds me of a random cartoon I saw on 4chan with Mr T saying something like: "Haha! If their blood is coagulated and their lungs don't absorb oxygen, then they couldn't produce adenosine triphosphate, a vital catalyst for muscle contraction. Zombies are impossible and Max Brooks is a ******."
Old 2009-08-18, 08:41   Link #2239
Shadow Kira01

Beautiful Woman, Scary Drawing

That's supposed to be Polla from Arc Rise Fantasia, a Wii RPG but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Science ponders 'zombie attack'

Everyone get your guns ready & stock up your ammo!
Zombies had never existed as that it is science fiction. For that matter, the scenario scientists are pondering over is pretty much a waste of time.

If zombies do exist, then people like Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and the other guys would most likely also exist. The world can just leave it to them, lock their doors and go to sleep.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-08-18 at 09:32. Reason: updated.
Old 2009-08-20, 02:23   Link #2240
AnimeFan188

"A team of scientists in Washington DC believe that the solution to oil
shortages, for jet planes at least, may be seawater.

Chemists working for the US Navy have managed to process seawater into
"unsaturated short-chain hydrocarbons”, which, reports New Scientist, could
be refined to make kerosene-based jet fuel."

See:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...seawater.aspx?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor