AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-07-24, 11:47   Link #321
onemadcow

HTT stays at #1 for a third day with sales of 7844 making the 3 day total 47487.
At this point i'm comforatble in saying that it will get the weekly #1 and my guess is that it will have 65k by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Do you have the page for the ranking list? I am having trouble navigating through oricon (as always).

And with Queens beat king......do we categorise Mugi as one of the queens?
Oricon does all sorts of odd things with their pages. You cant use the right click menus at all there, and if you try to hop straight to the chart pages, you get sent out to a sitemap sort of menu. I hate it. So here's what you can do...

Start from this address:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/
Underneath the calendar pulldown menus on the left, you'll see a series of links.
What you're looking for is the daily album chart. Look for these words in katagana:
[アルバム] Album [デイリー] Daily

Alternatively, you can go to the jpopmusic.com oricon thread and look. It's usually on the last page or two of the thread, as long as the Ayumi Hamazaki/Kumi Kouda/Hikaru Utada fans aren't tearing each other up over who's better or not. (That was the reason the thread got locked earlier in the week)

Mugi may just be the biggest Queen in the group. Always fear the quiet ones.
...Mugi ... beating MJ ... with a Korg ...
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 07:38   Link #322
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Still can't find....I was trying to prove to my friend that it hit oricon charts at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemadcow View Post
Mugi may just be the biggest Queen in the group. Always fear the quiet, sexually confused yet physically daunting ones.
...Mugi ... beating MJ ... with a Korg ...
Fixed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 15:27   Link #323
onemadcow

Quote:
Still can't find....I was trying to prove to my friend that it hit oricon charts at the top.
Still waiting on official numbers yet, but HTT will be #1 for the week with estimated sales of 66k. When the weekly chart goes up I will screen cap it and post a link. Probably tomorrow after work. d^.^b
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 02:19   Link #324
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
You know, if you grab the different Yui and Mio versions, and mix them properly (eg: sync, giving one track a little volume boost etc) They actually sound better than any of the two separated. I have tried this with Fuwa Fuwa time and the pen one. I used audacity, for the ones who care.
You have no idea how epic this suggestion is. In fact, I'm prepared to pay for an album where they get both Mio and Yui on vocals for every song.
Old 2009-07-30, 00:11   Link #325
klare

thx onemadcow, finally got it

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 18:43   Link #326
Midonin
Last Engage

And now presenting the song titles for the remaining character song singles.

All of these have "Let's Go" in their respective solo versions, so that counts for all of them.

Mugi
Mugi's songs are "Dear My Keys ~Kenban no Mahou~" (Dear My Keys ~鍵盤の魔法~) and "Humming Bird".

Ritsu
Ritsu's songs are "Girly Storm Shissou Stick" (Girly Storm 疾走 Stick) "Mezase Happy 100%↑↑↑" (目指せハッピー100%↑↑↑)

Azu-nyan
Rounding out the character singles, Azu-nyan's songs are "Jajauma Way To Go" (じゃじゃ馬Way To Go) and "Watashi wa Watashi no Michi wo Iku" (私は私の道を行く)

Edit: It would appear that the Pony Canyon website has a tracklist for the Band Score CD too. It contains what I could consider a "hell of a lot of" tracks.

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-07-30 at 20:51.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 10:48   Link #327
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
With this news in hand, it can be safely said that the only characters in the show who haven't sung yet are Ui and Nodoka. But for how long?
The answer to my last rhetorical question appears to be "about a month".

Character songs for Ui and Nodoka were just announced.

At this point I don't think the show has any more characters left, but that's never stopped the more dedicated marketing machines.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 00:50   Link #328
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Wow, even Nodoka is getting an album?

And apparently Ui can play the guitar as well as her sister, so I'm interested to hear how she sings (she's possibly my favorite of the side characters).
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 01:09   Link #329
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

On YouTube there's already an unofficial "mix" out of Yui and Mio duetting on "Fudepen Borupen". It's as good as it sounds. I much prefer Mio's singing voice (especially with rock backing; Yui sounds better with Lucky Star-style synthpop), but they complement each other excellently.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 01:26   Link #330
rockmanxpr

Now does everyone know that the K-On! Seiyuu just recently did a radio show live and they had to play Fuwa Fuwa Time Live and on the instruments of their respective characters?

I feel sorry for Yoko Hikasa (Mio), she had to learn to play left handed let alone bass! 2nd goes to the Ritsu actress for learning the drums!
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 09:51   Link #331
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To me, the Holy Grail of K-on songs is "Don't Say Lazy", Mio + Yui remix.
Old 2009-08-03, 11:28   Link #332
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
Now does everyone know that the K-On! Seiyuu just recently did a radio show live and they had to play Fuwa Fuwa Time Live and on the instruments of their respective characters?

I feel sorry for Yoko Hikasa (Mio), she had to learn to play left handed let alone bass! 2nd goes to the Ritsu actress for learning the drums!
ow.... that has great potential to be painful to listen to. Sometimes voice actors suffer greatly for their profession.
OTOH.... it could greatly extend their popularity if they do it well.
Old 2009-08-03, 12:05   Link #333
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
To me, the Holy Grail of K-on songs is "Don't Say Lazy", Mio + Yui remix.
So far, it seems that Don't Say Lazy has become their most popular song, and their sound signature to date (the other being the vocal "Moe Moe Kyun!").

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 13:54   Link #334
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
ow.... that has great potential to be painful to listen to. Sometimes voice actors suffer greatly for their profession.
OTOH.... it could greatly extend their popularity if they do it well.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/radio/radio.html#radio

click on the first one and about less than half way they start playing Fuwa Fuwa Time

Considering that they have never played instruments and had to learn this in probably a month, they get an A+ for effort, and it at least not that painful. Hell Mio and Mugi Seiyuu's break down in the after interview, can't help but cheer them on
Old 2009-08-03, 22:11   Link #335
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The answer to my last rhetorical question appears to be "about a month".

Character songs for Ui and Nodoka were just announced.

At this point I don't think the show has any more characters left, but that's never stopped the more dedicated marketing machines.
There is one more character: the school principal, who only appears in the manga omake pics.
Old 2009-08-03, 22:28   Link #336
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
So far, it seems that Don't Say Lazy has become their most popular song, and their sound signature to date (the other being the vocal "Moe Moe Kyun!").
It's this song which banishes the "Mio = moe bomb" memetic mutation for me. I can't see her as anything other than this rocker girl jamming away on stage.
Old 2009-08-03, 22:33   Link #337
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

thanks for the linkage.... yeah, I'm actually hoping Mio's VA takes a run at singing rock-grrl tunes as a part-time career.

(listens to the web radio) ... HEH!!!! That probably comes dead-on-target to what the anime girl group probably actually sounded like --- they really aren't terrible and have a nice beginner's garage band sound. Thoroughly entertaining and plus 40 points to the 4 young women.

I wonder if they initiated the idea themselves or were given the task. Either way... sugoi.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-03 at 23:26.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 09:32   Link #338
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Koyasu Takehito gathered the Weiss boys and formed the group because he knew that their popularity would soar. If any of the girls had that in mind when she jumped on board, she would go far indeed.
Old 2009-08-11, 04:52   Link #339
rockmanxpr

K-On! Metal goodness, time to clean out all that sugery Tea Time music :P

Way to go Asami Sanada!

Old 2009-08-11, 09:17   Link #340
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

FFFFFFFYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

That got me thinking, might we have metal versions of the K-ON songs, Mio's cheesy lyrics notwithstanding? It's been done to Koi no Mikuru Densetsu, why not to, uhm, Fuwa Fuwa Time?

Ok. That sounds silly.

Anway, it seems there's no interest to translate the songs in the character CDs (I'm waiting in particular for one on Mio's Hello Little Girl), so I think we might not get one for Sawako's. Too bad.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote