Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-01-11, 21:56   Link #13921
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
The same goes about his little boss rush before the match. Facing them ALL without the use of his trump card was a bit much.
If he couldn't do that much, then there really was no point in him fighting Stella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post

Well that's most battle school series. It shows them learning nothing and just saying they're simply powerful. You start wondering if they're so strong why are they even in school?
To receive their Blazer qualifications and high school degree, of course.

Quote:
I guess that it's to have them compete against other powerful Blazers but still shouldn't the League consider that Blazers that OP still in school is just wasting their talents?
They can still be drafted to do actual work in the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The same can be said about Byakuya since he also predicted the same thing. Btw, it's funny that people on 5ch calls him "Mr. 23 moves".
Better than OHKO-Man, I suppose

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 04:49   Link #13922
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
If he couldn't do that much, then there really was no point in him fighting Stella.
Eh. I don't think so. At least to me, he was interesting since he was actually limited. He could go out and match a top ranker for a minute and HAD to actually outthink the enemy in order to get that one killing blow.

So him figuring out Ouma would have been fine. But him doing so without his main trick is less so. With him it was never supposed, IMO, to be about power levels. He can only work his trickset because he is smart. And so I'm fine with him being able to fight only a single B or A ranker per day. This was why the two matches in a day was rough.

IMO it would have been better if the Stella fight was much more one sided in her favor, and then he HAS to break through. This way it seemed he could match her which is a bit.... to me.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 11:16   Link #13923
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Eh. I don't think so. At least to me, he was interesting since he was actually limited. He could go out and match a top ranker for a minute and HAD to actually outthink the enemy in order to get that one killing blow.

So him figuring out Ouma would have been fine. But him doing so without his main trick is less so. With him it was never supposed, IMO, to be about power levels. He can only work his trickset because he is smart. And so I'm fine with him being able to fight only a single B or A ranker per day. This was why the two matches in a day was rough.
But if Ikki could only match up to high ranking fighters for a minute, he would always be second-rate, no matter how skilled or clever he was. Not everyone is going to be like Touka and deliberately challenge him in close range, despite the disadvantage to them. That's exactly why the author came up with Ikki stealing Edelweiss's technique, so Ikki could become a first rate Blazer.

Quote:
IMO it would have been better if the Stella fight was much more one sided in her favor, and then he HAS to break through. This way it seemed he could match her which is a bit.... to me.
Considering how riduculously powerful Stella is, she would simply finish him off if that happened.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 12:27   Link #13924
Skyterror3381
Blood Champion

Ok, statistics-wise, they might be on professional levels, but doesn’t change the fact that they’re still in high school; that they’re teenagers. It’s hard to believe that they can overwhelm adults. But then I remember that this is shounen and in the genre, things like ‘common sense’ and ‘logic’ went out the window from pretty much the first page...

I suppose I’m starting to outgrow shounen genre hey. But as said, their target audience are teenagers so the characters should be teenagers so they can relate. In a sense, it alienate adults (who uses logic and common sense)

Anyway, is there any news on when the next volume will be out?
“All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done.” - Lor’themar Theron, Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas.
Skyterror3381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 22:05   Link #13925
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think the part about Ikki being able to keep up with Stella was infact foreshadowing that he is already in the process of breaking through his "limit" and the "big moment" was merely the finale of this process.
Old 2019-01-13, 05:26   Link #13926
4th Dimension

Eh. Not really. They explicitly state they kept pushing one another untill Ikki finally ran straight into the absolute, fate directed, ceiling on his ability.

Old 2019-02-12, 16:26   Link #13927
DragonEye

Are people still translating Vol.9 or did it just stop?
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-12, 16:36   Link #13928
4th Dimension

Pretty sure it's translated. It's just that it's in parts all over the web.
At least if the vol 9 is where the Festival Finale is.

Old 2019-02-18, 19:47   Link #13929
AP24

https://taekan.wordpress.com/2019/02...r-your-series/

Rakudai is winning
The first poll only lasts few days, don't forget to vote again for the second poll

Choujin Koukousei is getting a new volume release in March, so it makes me wonder if Rakudai Vol 16 will be released in April
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-18, 22:12   Link #13930
Jason_Wander
Harbinger

Quote:
Pretty sure it's translated. It's just that it's in parts all over the web.
At least if the vol 9 is where the Festival Finale is.
Yeah, it's pretty muxh a full volume. Small break between where frozen's ends and rhe next part begins. Mostly just the prepping, walking up, talking and then it beginning.
Old 2019-02-19, 10:44   Link #13931
DragonEye

Oh okay, thanks. But will the translation continue? Frozen's blog stopped at vol.9 a long time ago.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-19, 10:53   Link #13932
Jason_Wander
Harbinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
Oh okay, thanks. But will the translation continue? Frozen's blog stopped at vol.9 a long time ago.
Check AP24's post above mine. Possibility with the vote on Taekan's wordpress. He's almost finished with Hundred.
Old 2019-02-22, 01:18   Link #13933
AP24

https://www.strawpoll.me/17478827

Now we need Rakudai to get most votes!
Old 2019-02-23, 07:13   Link #13934
Hidemiiw

I'm so worried about it tbh
Ecstas Online is getting so much votes.
Hidemiiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-23, 11:18   Link #13935
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
https://www.strawpoll.me/17478827

Now we need Rakudai to get most votes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidemiiw View Post
I'm so worried about it tbh
Ecstas Online is getting so much votes.
The poll was abandoned because of people from Reddit botting for Rakudai and people from /a/ botting for Ecstas, so now it was appearently made into a discord vote that requires a verified account.
Old 2019-02-23, 14:37   Link #13936
4th Dimension

Not entirely sure why, given the description on MyAnimelist. Then again this one's description is also probably bad.

Old 2019-02-23, 19:20   Link #13937
khawaja07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The poll was abandoned because of people from Reddit botting for Rakudai and people from /a/ botting for Ecstas, so now it was appearently made into a discord vote that requires a verified account.
I made a thread for it on Rakudai's subreddit, and we didn't BOT it, just asked for votes. You can open up those reddit threads about the poll and see if the thread starter was telling people to use bots nor anyone in that thread was claiming to use bots or telling others to do it.. i would advise you to atleast don't start claiming shit that isn't there...
khawaja07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-24, 09:37   Link #13938
4th Dimension

I think he is saying this was the reason given for closing down this way of voting rather than explicitly claiming this thing happened.

Old 2019-02-24, 10:19   Link #13939
khawaja07

Quote:
I think he is saying this was the reason given for closing down this way of voting rather than explicitly claiming this thing happened.
Ok but he should've then said it that way.. sometimes people just easily assume that reddit actually bot-ed it too lol.
khawaja07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-25, 01:43   Link #13940
AP24

Alright, enough talk about the poll.

I'm curious if Ikki's Perfect Vision will play a role in him playing politics.

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural