Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-20, 07:55   Link #5781
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I haven't watched the newest season yet, but are you telling me that after running and acting like a little bitch last season Adam just died in the current one?

And to think that the fanboys were treating him like he was the next coming of Sephiroth in the first few seasons.
He could have been. He had the potential. But Miles and Kerry fucked his character.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 14:23   Link #5782
shiki343

Just another update on my thoughts of volume 6 so far. I’ve watched chapters 9-11. I found them pretty good for the most part, though I do have some complaints.

Chapter 9 is certainly better than the previous chapter, which I didn’t care for. It’s my least favorite in the volume thus far. The Mercury and Emerald seen was good. It was good to see Mercury trying to give Emerald the wakeup call she desperately needs regarding Cinder. We also learn that his semblance was stolen, which was interesting, and explains why we haven’t seen his semblance ever in the series. Jaune seeing the statue, and finally coming to terms with Pyrra’s death was a nice emotional moment. I hope that now we can finally move past Pyrra’s death and move forward. See what I did there.

The thing that I didn’t like about the episode was Ruby’s speech to Qrow. I found it stupid and pointless. It’s stupid because of what she said; “We don’t need any adults anymore.” Really? The last two volumes would disagree with you on that. It’s pointless because in the next episode Ruby gives another speech to Qrow, which I actually like. That seen should’ve been cut out.

Episodes 10-11 were just the gang’s plan going awry, and the rest of the time is focused on the Cordovin mech fight and the Adam fight, both of which were pretty fun. A lot of people don’t care for the mech fight, but I found it fairly entertaining. The highlights were definitely Ruby and Weiss putting in work with some semblance and dust action. It’s always a joy to see that. This fight would’ve been better if Cordovin wasn’t such and irritating antagonist even by RWBY standards. And the mech catching a missile midflight was just dumb, like V5 level dumb.

However, the best part of these episodes is definitely the fight between Blake, Yang, and Adam. Itself is amazing, easily the best in the volume. It’s made even more impactful that this fight has been over three volumes coming. It would’ve been even more impactful if this happened last volume, but better late than never. The reveal of his face I think is the best they could’ve done. I was anticipating silver eyes, but this brand was even better and was something I never considered. It would’ve been a great new layer to his character if Adam wasn’t already made into a joke last volume.

People are getting very heated about the moments between Blake and Yang, but I didn’t mind them. Yes it’s heavy-handed, but it kinda had to be, as this moment has been built up to since V2 practically. I was also happy Blake finally lost her coat, because I’ve always hated that thing. She looks MUCH better without it. I wonder what Blake’s new weapon will be like?

The only other complaint I have with the episodes is the pacing. These episodes really should have been combined together and the pacing would be better. This has been a problem with RWBY since the start. RT really needs to either have fewer episodes per volume, but with longer runtimes, or take a page from Netflix or Hulu and just release the entire volume at once. Waiting a week for a ten to twelve minute episode doesn’t feel worth it.

I can’t say what’s gonna happen going forward. I haven’t seen chapter 12 yet, but from what I’ve read from posts it seems like the finale is going to be very similar to the finale of volume 2. Let’s it’s executed better this time. I don’t know how our heroes can overcome this other than the silver eyes coming into play. Given how the eyes have been built up this volume, that’s the most likely thing to happen. If Ruby can finally have her grand moment in the spotlight I should be fine with it. She’s already had some cool moments this volume, but she still needs that grand epic triumphant moment befitting the main character (and her own song). I would’ve preferred she fight Cinder, but given how things are going, that seems unlikely now. This could be awesome too, given how they handle it.

Also, Adam needs to be done after this volume, and never return. At this point, his character is tired and payed out. He’s used goods. Cinder is different. Cinder needed to come back after last volume, because there’s still things that need to be paid off with her. He need to see the confrontation with her and Ruby that’s been built-up since V3, which is looking like we’ll have to wait until next volume to see. That’s pissing me off a bit, but I digress. The point is, Cinder still has a role to play in the story, but Adam?

There’s really nothing more you can do with Adam. This is coming from somebody who used to be a fan of Adam. I love his design, his semblance is cool, and he has a badass fighting style. I loved him in the black trailer and volume 3, and I think his character short is one of the best the series has put out. I even like him in this fight. But none of that matters now, because V5 has damaged his character beyond repair, and I just don’t care anymore. A lot of fans don’t care anymore. Adam, and the whole white fang subplot, needs to just be put to bed so we can just focus on the main goal.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 16:10   Link #5783
Wandering Soul

RIP Adam, just when you finally showed more signs of being a potentially interesting character. Now all you will be remembered as is wasted potential.
Old 2019-01-20, 16:30   Link #5784
RDNexus

Honestly, there could be a chance he didn't die. The same kinda happened with Cinder last season.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 18:43   Link #5785
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiki343 View Post
or take a page from Netflix or Hulu and just release the entire volume at once.
And propagate this horrible binge watching culture? No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
But Miles and Kerry fucked his character.
Do you have any citation on this?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 18:48   Link #5786
RDNexus

It's already getting bad enough, with Netizens out there throwing fire everywhere with only the first episode of a series...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 20:16   Link #5787
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
The brand says "SDC", Schnee Dust Company. That thing that Weiss's asshole father runs. Probably was a work slave in his childhood.
Ah, right-o. That makes sense. Thanks.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 20:24   Link #5788
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
And propagate this horrible binge watching culture? No thanks.
What's wrong with binge watching?

Anyway, the choreography has dramatically improved this season, and this episode is the best example. They're finally taking full advantage of switching to Maya. Really looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 06:03   Link #5789
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
What's wrong with binge watching?
[insert only speaking for myself disclaimer here]
I fear that this binge watching culture will cause more and more shows to be completely released once they're done rather than be released on a weekly basis, making more and more shows unable to be watched by me.
Old 2019-01-21, 10:13   Link #5790
Ligerleon89

Spoiler for About Blake and Yang:

Last edited by Ligerleon89; 2019-01-21 at 10:33.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 11:28   Link #5791
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To me it's very simple. It could end up like that, or it could not. I don't care either way. The authors should write the story however they wish it. I just hope they make it believable.
Old 2019-01-21, 11:51   Link #5792
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
To me it's very simple. It could end up like that, or it could not. I don't care either way. The authors should write the story however they wish it. I just hope they make it believable.

So long as the story's good, I'm good.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-26, 13:37   Link #5793
JagdPanther

The Week Late Train trundles into Episode 12...

Curious why Ruby used the full Crimson Rose as a rifle this time instead of the compact sniper rifle she used earlier. I liked that smaller design a lot.

This fight with the mech has really dragged on, it seemed. Feels so out of place in this series, even though we know mechs exist elsewhere on Remnant. And I'm not quite sure why Ruby ran out of aura after disabling the mech. She seemed to fire and immediately escape, so it didn't seem like she got hit unless it was due to just using up a lot of aura to get out of there so fast.

As for the Adam fight, I didn't quite get the thing of Blake seeming to climb really high only to suddenly appear from below when Adam went toward the edge. Maybe a little bit of a continuity loss there.

Finally, I can see that Episode 13 is 23 minutes long. I take it that's the season finale? I guess we get to see Remnant's version of Godzilla.

Old 2019-01-28, 02:17   Link #5794
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So clearly Salem's been practicing whatever the equivalent of unholy genetic splicing is on the Grimm. I mean... Ape Grimm with fucking wings? This is obviously whatever it is the Atlas military is gearing up for, as the protags most obviously see with the airfleet assembling en masse.

It's a good setup for Volume 7, pointing towards a big climactic military battle between the pinnacle of human technology and whatever sort of demonic monstrosities Salem can summon forth. Overall, a fantastic return to form after the debacles that were Volume 4 and 5. This is probably tied with Volume 3 as my favorite of the series.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-29, 10:07   Link #5795
Tenzen12

I was thinking of making Gen:Lock thread. Should I make it here in current series or go to sport & Entertainment?

If RWBY is here Gen:Lock should be too, right?
Old 2019-01-29, 10:20   Link #5796
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I was thinking of making Gen:Lock thread. Should I make it here in current series or go to sport & Entertainment?

If RWBY is here Gen:Lock should be too, right?
Make your Gen:Lock thread in Sports & Entertainment. We'll move it elsewhere if appropriate.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 16:30   Link #5797
JagdPanther

The Week Late Train is heading into the final stop of Season 6 with Episode 13...

Okay, Neo being able to mask an entire ship is pretty damn cool. So... I don't know if this has been explained before, but is her semblance basically functionally the same as Emerald's? Both cause people to see something that isn't actually there, except Emerald implants fake images in other peoples' minds while Neo just camouflages the item such that people actually, truly see the fake image rather than hallucinate it?

And Atlas' light wall is kinda useless. I get the feeling that even if it wasn't Godzilla attacking that something much smaller and weaker could've taken out one of the nodes on that wall.

I LOVE everyone's look when Ruby says that they're heading to Godzilla to weaken it... particularly Qrow. Best expression ever in RWBY, perhaps... fighting with Blake's eyes in the first episode of Season 3 at the ramen hut.

I really like the inclusion of the cel art in the sequence with RWBY trying to activate her Silver Eyes. That was really well-done. I'd actually like some of those.

And was that our first shot of Summer regularly animated from the front? Like not just a static cel?

Why wouldn't Cordova go for the bit that was already exposed as opposed to having to cut through the stone?

As for the epilogue... I guess Salem is going FULL Wicked Witch with her... flying primate army. Yikes. Tangentially, I wonder if that was also a bit of a chink in the armor for Emerald and maybe even Mercury that this is probably not the group to be associating with.

Anyway, Season 6 has closed out. It had its moments, but I am not terribly enamored with it. It was kind of middling for me amongst the 6. I still put 1 and 2 as the best. I was really hoping they would've actually arrived into Atlas at some point, but I guess that was asking for way too much with how slowly the series has been moving the last couple seasons. At least they finally took big steps forward with Ruby's development after basically ignoring her for forever. I guess next season will be back to a lot about Weiss, unless they feel they've already devoted sufficient time to each of the four main girls the last couple seasons that they can kind of move all 4 forward together even if the locale is by far most associated with Weiss.

I guess it'll be about 9 more months to see what happens next. See y'all then.

Old 2019-02-02, 17:44   Link #5798
Wandering Soul

Overall I'd say it was a decent volume. The first half was off to a good start as it gave us answers we have been waiting a while for and the Apathy Grimm were an effective threat. Maria was also a good addition to the cast and I found her fun.

Once they entered Argus is when I felt things started becoming weak. I didn't care for Cordovin or the storyline involving her, the fight against the Mech felt lackluster, and I don't feel like much was done for the characters during that time. The fight against Adam was alright, and it really is too bad they killed him off right when he was showing the potential to be an interesting character, though they squandered his potential a long ago.

I'd say this was probably RWBY's second or third strongest volume.
Old 2019-02-02, 18:06   Link #5799
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wait it's over already? We barely got started. We didn't even get a climax!
Old 2019-02-02, 20:04   Link #5800
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post

Once they entered Argus is when I felt things started becoming weak. I didn't care for Cordovin or the storyline involving her, the fight against the Mech felt lackluster, and I don't feel like much was done for the characters during that time. The fight against Adam was alright, and it really is too bad they killed him off right when he was showing the potential to be an interesting character, though they squandered his potential a long ago.
This is why I marked the volume down. The Argus arc was pretty weak, I think.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby