Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 20:10   Link #16241
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Tip for people with problems with boxes: I usually throw away my used runners, and "open up" and flatten the covers of my boxes. I throw the bottom part away. You get to keep the box design and it saves space as well.
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that too. flatten the covers with boxart, keep the manuals and policaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Spoiler for Char's Masurao!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
THIS is how the Masuruo should have looked like in the anime,one can see the Ahead design base much more here with the colouring.

Woah,so its 9 times as fast now?[3 timing the 3 times speed]

Where do people learn how to paint like this?This is wicked.

LOL,its GN Drives are gone.But ahhhhhhhhh,this guy knows his mechanics stuff well,he put a new Drive at the back where the Condenser was.Looks similar to the Ahead's one.

Again,beautiful piece of work.I've gotta learn how to do this.
Uhm, it's not the masurao. See the parts where the sideskirt things hang from? it's the susanowo. and why 3x3? it only has one tau drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
Posting this by request

Spoiler for Cool Model with a New Bazooka II, maybe a Bazooka II Kai lol:

I LUV what they did with the Bazooka IIs, but i lost the site that made this MOC

Other pics are in the Ridiculous Gundam Image Thread
This is the main blog http://ameblo.jp/acquabbb/. have a look around for the gallery.

Last edited by GrimmReaperNL; 2010-01-14 at 12:25.
GrimmReaperNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 20:48   Link #16242
Zantetsuken

3 times because of T-A and 3 times again because Char is THREE TIMES FASTER! Multiply than and you got 9
Old 2010-01-13, 21:48   Link #16243
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Spoiler for 电击HOBBY 2010年2月号 附录DVD PG 00Raiser体验与制作指南:
Old 2010-01-14, 10:12   Link #16244
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
Uhm, it's not the masurao. See the parts where the sideskirt things hang from? it's the susanowo. and why 3x3? it only has one tau drive.
Well,the custom model has 1 Tau Drive at the back,but the storyline official one have 2 Tau drives at the waist binders,both the Masurao and Susanowo.[The location wasnts officially confirmed until recently in the HG Trans-Am Susanowo manual]

I just said it was Masurao because bhus said it was a Masurao.
Old 2010-01-14, 12:28   Link #16245
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Well,the custom model has 1 Tau Drive at the back,but the storyline official one have 2 Tau drives at the waist binders,both the Masurao and Susanowo.[The location wasnts officially confirmed until recently in the HG Trans-Am Susanowo manual]
It does? wow, never would have figured that. i always thought it was in the Union logo on it's back
Quote:
I just said it was Masurao because bhus said it was a Masurao.
that's why i quoteted both your posts
Old 2010-01-14, 12:58   Link #16246
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yes,while the confirmation only came recently,its been long speculated because of THIS image from the last scene of S214.See the waist binders.

Speculation started with 3 actually but a sourcebook[MS Illustrated 09 I think] later mentioned that Masurao only had 2,so this seems to be the configuration left.Only after much later did the HG Trans-Am Susanowo manual[release recently] confirmed the same Drive number for Susanowo as well as the waist binder being the actual location.

This is why I commended the Custom modeler earlier,because while he removed Susanowo's 2 Drives,he placed one on the back suggesting that he's aware of the mechanic details of the show.Canonicty isnt as important as aestatic beauty in custom mods,but I'd thought I'd praise him for making sure his suit has a Drive in the end,even if it isnt a significant point in custom modeling.From a 00 GN Mechanics perspective,his custom mod could still function properly because it has a drive,which is an important nice aestatic detail for those that are likes to micro analyse like me and are indeed familiar with 00 tech.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-01-14 at 13:09.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 13:00   Link #16247
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post

You noticed that, and yet missed the simplified horns and the non-TriPunisher chest and shoulders of the Masurao in the model (The Susanowo has more intricately designed horns and pivots on the shoulders). The entirety of the model is the HG Masurao alright, BUT with the Susanowo's sideskirt mechanism (and I see other parts kitbashed in, like on the crotch and the GN Drive on the back, probably from the HG Ahead).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 13:25   Link #16248
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

......sheesh designers,if your going to create a variation thats mostly the same,at least keep the name.......>_>,Masurao was cooler as a name.

Then again,most of its main armaments was changed.
Old 2010-01-15, 01:05   Link #16249
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
......sheesh designers,if your going to create a variation thats mostly the same,at least keep the name.......>_>,Masurao was cooler as a name.

Then again,most of its main armaments was changed.
If you think it's bad in fiction, you'll be even more confused in real life: sometimes, the only way you'll know that a piece of equipment (whether firearms, armored vehicles, tanks, aircraft etc...) is a variant of something is through the model number and name, because most of the differences are internal, or otherwise so subtle that there doesn't seem to be any difference. In fact, two identical looking firearms are sometimes differentiated only by color, or worse only by their stamped markings which are hard to spot unless you look closely

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 04:12   Link #16250
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Hey guys, quick modelling question, i'm trying to achieve a 'dark red' colour and i only use Tamiya spraypaints, i usually use Bright Red for my red parts but the i want to achieve a slightly darker red than the 'Bright Red.'

I looked at the tamiya website and i saw 'Mica Red', i recall that Mica spraypaints have a 'glittery' effect, is that true? What do you guys recommend?
Old 2010-01-16, 08:13   Link #16251
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
Hey guys, quick modelling question, i'm trying to achieve a 'dark red' colour and i only use Tamiya spraypaints, i usually use Bright Red for my red parts but the i want to achieve a slightly darker red than the 'Bright Red.'

I looked at the tamiya website and i saw 'Mica Red', i recall that Mica spraypaints have a 'glittery' effect, is that true? What do you guys recommend?
The only thing i can suggest if you only use Tamyia spray paint is prime your pieces black and then use your red.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 13:44   Link #16252
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Anybody knows how to make Clear Pink?I need it to use it on my AD series models,some of their sabers dont look pink enough.[They look pink under bright light but alot like red when not immersed in one].And since the Tau models already use red,I dont want them to look too similar.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-01-16 at 14:02.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 19:33   Link #16253
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

nope sorry, I used normal pink (gloss) for my BB strike's sword strike pack sword
Old 2010-01-17, 02:52   Link #16254
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
The only thing i can suggest if you only use Tamyia spray paint is prime your pieces black and then use your red.
Thanks for tip Sworra, i'm kinda new to primers, i bought one a while ago but havent got around to using it yet, the one i bought is this one:

http://www.hobbyco.com.au/product/sh...php?plu=T87044

is that the right one?

In regards to making it dark red, i should prime the runners first, spraypaint it black, then spray it red (and maybe finish it off with a matt topcoat), is that pretty much it?
Old 2010-01-17, 08:16   Link #16255
evolution_ayu

Quote:
Anybody knows how to make Clear Pink?I need it to use it on my AD series models,some of their sabers dont look pink enough.[They look pink under bright light but alot like red when not immersed in one].And since the Tau models already use red,I dont want them to look too similar.
I simply spray on a _very_ light layer of Clear Red. Adding a tiny bit of Clear Red to Clear also works if you're handpainting, but achieving a uniform clear effect would be difficult because you're handbrushing unless you have godlike handbrushing skills.

If I'm understanding correctly, what you're saying is the beam blades are too dark. If so, it's impossible to lighten them because the more clear paint you add, the darker the colour will become. You'll have to put a base layer of white, then Fluorescent Pink which removes the clear effect altogether.

Quote:
Thanks for tip Sworra, i'm kinda new to primers, i bought one a while ago but havent got around to using it yet, the one i bought is this one:

is that the right one?

In regards to making it dark red, i should prime the runners first, spraypaint it black, then spray it red (and maybe finish it off with a matt topcoat), is that pretty much it?
Yes, that's Tamiya's primer you're having there. And Yes.
Old 2010-01-17, 10:17   Link #16256
Sworra

Quote:

is that the right one?

Sorry i should of elaborate a bit here, When i mentioned black, black being that it acts as a primer to make a different colour react different to a top layer of a different colour used. You can use a primer if you want. That primer you have in the link is for making paint stick better and identifing scratches and seam lines.

But if you want to get a dark red your black does go on first then you spray your red. Make sure you dont over do it on the red, spray the red lightly over the black until you get your desired affect. One other thing make sure your black is cured, Let your parts dry at least a day or two before you attempt the red.

Where in Australia are you from? You could probably find other spray paints other then Tamyia if your around major cities like Sydney or Melbourne. I know you can't ship sprays internationally but you can try with in your own nation.. I will try and help you out best i can since i have contacts within both major cities in Australia.

Last edited by Sworra; 2010-01-17 at 10:37.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 13:34   Link #16257
yusawateva

00 Quan[T] by Master Keita
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 13:41   Link #16258
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Wow,I'm really loving 00Q's head right now.
Old 2010-01-17, 14:09   Link #16259
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ yeah, I prefer it to 00's head... The face looks more awesome

Now I'm already waiting for the movie mecha models... They're gonna rock
Old 2010-01-17, 16:49   Link #16260
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

My opinion remains unchanged. That Gundam looks fucking PISSED OFF.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy