AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-05-28, 09:30   Link #41
itachi-san314

so an epic chapter is followed directly by a joke chapter? that was pretty horrible and the dreams were simply bad jokes...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 09:46   Link #42
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm not sure what that is, but I thought of the country-wide transmutation circle from FMA. But again, that had a sense of foreboding that they was actually fucked, whereas this is just kind of like... k?
Cosmo Entelecheia was a paradise realm that took the shape of each individual's greatest dream/wish and creates the happiest possible world per individual...it was from Negima and it was implemented, foreshadowed, and executed much better than Infinite Tsukuyomi while giving some good character development. Here, I don't see anything coming out of Infinite Tsukuyomi....
Old 2014-05-28, 10:01   Link #43
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha... unexpected twist...

anyway, I like several of the dreams (especially Hinata's dream.. oh boy.. she really in love with Naruto)
Sasuke's arrogance is little annoying but I'm glad at least he is the only one who know what actually happened...

last boss has appeared.. I always thought Zetsu is fishy because we didn't know their origin until now
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:06   Link #44
DKN117

Are... Are we SURE Sasuke's a good guy now? What if, storyline-wise, he's actually still a bad guy, just temporarily working with the heroes against a greater threat (a la Eggman teaming up with Team Sonic to fight bigger threats; "How can I conquer the world if there's no world left TO conquer?")?

Also, gonna call it now: if, if, IF Sasuke does end up a good guy, eventually there'll be a full reversal of the initial Unrequited Love Chain from the start of the series: Sasuke will end up developing attraction to Sakura (maybe after she finally has enough of his assholishness, snaps out and punches him hard enough to break bones (or even hard enough to damage his Susano!), making him realize "Holy crap, she IS strong!"), who has lost all respect for him and can't stand him now because of what a jerk he was and now she's attracted to Naruto, who in turn has moved on past his crush on her and doesn't return that.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:12   Link #45
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
so an epic chapter is followed directly by a joke chapter? that was pretty horrible and the dreams were simply bad jokes...
Well, some of them were nice...like poor Gaara and Chouji

Fun chapter imo, expected twist but still, the situation's tough...and Kakashi is useless
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:15   Link #46
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Are... Are we SURE Sasuke's a good guy now?
That would be lame. I expect him to declare war on Konoha and try to become Hokage by force once this arc is over.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:51   Link #47
Wandering Soul

Expected Kaguya to show up ever since she was mentioned just didn't really expect Zetsu's betrayal. I just hope Madara doesn't become the next Obtio where talk no justu convinces him to help Naruto and Sasuke fight Kaguya.

I knew Sasuke could be cruel but to say Kakashi is no different from Sakura
Old 2014-05-28, 10:55   Link #48
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I find it funny that a guy usually so adverse to romance, made so many of the dreams romantic and shippy. He confirmed and killed a few ships. Weird dude that Kishimoto.
  • Once again Kishi is hammering home that Sasuke is a jerk towards Sakura while Naruto acts like her
    hurt boyfriend. +1 NaruSaku and - 10 SasuSaku.
  • But then Hinata dreams about Naruto-Kun for probably the 8,000,000th time. + 1 NaruHina. (OMG! Hanabi sighting!)
  • Temari and Shikamaru appear to be dating. Shikamaru doesn't seem keen on marriage while watching his parents fight. Temari though sees a happy Asuma and Kurenai with baby and is not so sure. + 100 ShikaTema. Pairing confirmed. At least Kishi didn't screw that up.
  • Choji appears to attract a chubby chaser. -100 ChoIno. Pairing dead, although it was never alive.
  • Ino throws away all her character development for boys fighting over her. -1 for any Ino pairing.
  • Lee dreams of beating up Naruto and Neji and wins Sakura's heart. +1 LeeSaku.
  • Tsunade dreams of being with Hokage Dan. Kills off any notions of there being any love for Jiraiya.
  • Mei dreams of getting married(to that C guy?) and making Tsunade jealous. - 1 for women's rights.
  • Gaara dreams of his family but then once again shows his boy crush on Naruto. +1 NaruGaa.

Kishi must be in a romantic mood. And look! The final villain is now a girl instead of lame ass Madara. Kishi went full shoujo.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 11:04   Link #49
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
  • Ino throws away all her character development for boys fighting over her. -1 for any Ino pairing.
Ino had character development?

Quote:
  • Tsunade dreams of being with Hokage Dan. Kills off any notions of there being any love for Jiraiya.
Just means she loved Dan more, which we already knew. She at least cared about Jiraiya enough for him to get some lines.

Quote:
  • Mei dreams of getting married(to that C guy?) and making Tsunade jealous. - 1 for women's rights.
Haven't half of her lines been about wanting to get married, and being called "past her prime" or some shit? I wouldn't call it a knock against women's rights, just showing how much she, individually, is shallow (or desperate).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 11:22   Link #50
Xagzan

The Matrix has you, ninja people.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 11:35   Link #51
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
This chapter man ... how many more backstabbing real villain reveals and how many more old people revived for the plot do we need?
Old 2014-05-28, 11:37   Link #52
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Ino had character development?

Just means she loved Dan more, which we already knew. She at least cared about Jiraiya enough for him to get some lines.

Haven't half of her lines been about wanting to get married, and being called "past her prime" or some shit? I wouldn't call it a knock against women's rights, just showing how much she, individually, is shallow (or desperate).
Remember when Ino's father died? Back then she had plenty of implied character development
Old 2014-05-28, 11:53   Link #53
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Didn't see that twist coming. Although Madara really lost a lot of credibilty as final boss when Naruto and Sasuke owned him about three times in one single chapter So the final villain is Kaguya?
Old 2014-05-28, 11:53   Link #54
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Oh, the final boss is a woman! Take that - people who said women had no role in this manga.
Old 2014-05-28, 11:55   Link #55
GDB

So, if a woman wants to be strong enough to keep up with the boys, she's gotta be the greatest evil on the planet, huh? Sexist pig!

Something like that?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 12:02   Link #56
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
So a woman is not allowed to want to be a wife or married? thats -100 for women's rights.

Also, Madara will take back control, every time a female character has came to be bad ass, they get shot down a few chapters later...if even that much.
Old 2014-05-28, 13:26   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
The Matrix has you, ninja people.
Apparently Madara does not know what the machines learned about humans in their first attempt at creating the matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I expect him to declare war on Konoha and try to become Hokage by force once this arc is over.
Both cannot happen, only one or the other. This chapter just confirms that Sasuke is the new Indra, so that the differences between the brothers still exist in this generation. The big difference now is that if these two cannot come to an agreement then the world will come to an end. At one point Naruto will tell him Itachi's words about becoming hokage, that will also have an impact among other things.

BTW it seems now that Zetsu had Kaguya's eye, since when Zetsu used his eye (before the timeskip) it didn't have those blood vessels around the eye as the byakugan users have. We still don't know the origin of Zetsu and we know that Madara tried to use all the powers that came from the ancient times. And when someone tries to use the powers created by some ancient gods he can get in big trouble. But anyway, Madara was forced to fuse with the god tree and kaguya because Gai and Naruto messed him up badly, otherwise he would have died from Naruto's or Sasuke's next attack. At that point he lost control of the events that he had until then, he had to absorb the tree without knowing what effect it will have. But i think he will survive until he meets with Hashirama for one last time to discuss their differences, maybe they'll just realize that they should have cooperated after seeing how the cooperation between Naruto and Sasuke is about to bring a better world.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2014-05-28 at 14:04.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:06   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
I find it funny that a guy usually so adverse to romance, made so many of the dreams romantic and shippy. He confirmed and killed a few ships. Weird dude that Kishimoto.
i'm surprised at that also. are these even ninja we're talking about or are they just typical hormonal high school students? mei and ino have always been this shallow, but i expected more from at least hinata and shikamaru. sitting on a bench with her crush and avoiding marriage? really? they have no aspirations for leadership, peace, success, etc...? all these characters have now been officially reduced to useless, even in their own minds and dreams. hinata doesn't even care for neji to be alive apparently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Oh, the final boss is a woman! Take that - people who said women had no role in this manga.
patience. let's see what kind of sloppy character development she gets
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:12   Link #59
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Kishi must be in a romantic mood.
Don't forget, Tenten x Rock Lee in *cool* mode!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 15:18   Link #60
Excelion

Tenten's dream felt inspired by the Rock Lee manga. Fun chapter.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion