Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-07-16, 01:19   Link #21
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The only problem with this chapter was that it made look Naruto weak and Kaguya and Zetsu stupid. First Naruto was too slow, he didn't manage to follow Kaguya, he failed where Obito and Sasuke succeeded. Then we see how both Kaguya and Zetsu can't make a difference between 2 Naruto clones and Obito and Sakura. Shouldn't they see the difference with the byakugan? Also Zetsu despite being with Obito for years didn't realize that he could use his teleportation, and even now they do not realize that Obito and Sakura are gone from the ice dimension.

So no clever trick from Naruto and Kaguya continues to be a stupid goddess who follows her freakish son's orders. I think most of us hoped for more than what was in this chapter.
I disagree. From last chapter, it was really obvious this was exactly what was being set up, and I was so right.

It was kind of supposed to be obvious. The thing is... Kaguya had no reason to believe that she was being tricked, so she had no reason to use her Byakugan. Also, it is possible that now with Naruto's higher level of powers he can perfectly distribute his chakra to all of the clones so she can't tell them apart.

In fact, now this is seen as being obviously true since she is relying on the fact that Naruto has that other special mark because of his power. I'm guessing that Naruto doesn't have enough ability/experience to notice to copy that other feature of his while making shadow clones, because this IS a new power of his.

That was a nice chapter. I was frightfully worried Sakura looking cool meant that it was all Sakura/Naruto... now I'm looking forward to the chance of Naruto/Hinata again. Please, let it happen, lol.

Anyway, Kaguya just kind of woke up after being asleep for many, many years and she is in a new setting with new kinds of battle styles and fighting tricks, so it makes sense that she's a bit slow at this fighting thing... She is extremely powerful regardless of whether she isn't exactly the pinnacle of competence right now.

The last few chapters have been especially good in my opinion. I have really liked these last few turns of events.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 07:10   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
swap places in an instant? so he's got goku's teleportation now?
He's gotta see it to swap places. Goku just has to sense where ever he is to Teleport.
Old 2014-07-16, 08:05   Link #23
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Confirmed once again kaguya is proved to be extreamly powerful....Her teleportation makes kamui look bad... When that acid was flowing towards them was it really necessary for sakura to save obito I mean the guy could just become intangible.... That weird teleportation by sasuke isn't anything new he's been doing it since madara had one eye. If naruto can distribute his chakra evenly so much so that even kaguya can't distinguish between them even though she has the byakugan and rinnegan/sharingan. Almost like hashiramas wood clone but leagues above it. Its weird that no one really noticed that the naruto that got destroyed didn't have the truth seeking balls.

Last edited by Shinagami; 2014-07-16 at 08:24.
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 08:13   Link #24
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Other than watching NaruSaku fans lose their minds, there wasn't much to this chapter. Kaguya continues to be a major disappointment as a character. And Obito still doesn't die.

I guess the "massive announcement" and color pages next week have to do to with the movie.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 08:14   Link #25
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Sakura: I'll produce better results than Naruto.

I'm not sure how to take that statement? Not sure if I should laugh at it or just remain quiet and watch her screw up again. It's been shown time and time again that she's completely useless other than shipping bait...
She's competing with god-like beings... Its funny how she thinks she can even compare to naruto and sasuke. So far he is the only one to land a blow on kaguya
Old 2014-07-16, 09:25   Link #26
Eragon
Still Alive

GIVE MORE DIALOGUE TO THE DAMN MAIN VILLAIN!! WTF?!!

All I hear is that creep running his mouth. At this point I'm just assuming Kaguya is a puppet for Black Zetsu to control. What a disappointment.
Old 2014-07-16, 09:47   Link #27
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Other than watching NaruSaku fans lose their minds, there wasn't much to this chapter. Kaguya continues to be a major disappointment as a character. And Obito still doesn't die.

I guess the "massive announcement" and color pages next week have to do to with the movie.
what more could you ask for? lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 10:31   Link #28
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Other than watching NaruSaku fans lose their minds
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
what more could you ask for? lol
I am NS fan! And I am not loosing my mind! Rather I am enjoying seeing badass Sakura!
Old 2014-07-16, 11:21   Link #29
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
He's gotta see it to swap places. Goku just has to sense where ever he is to Teleport.
i'm pretty sure he can do it across dimensions
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 13:08   Link #30
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
he was fairly smart to send that clone ahead of his real body.
Check the chapter again, he didn't send any clone. The only clone in that dimension was the one that Obito wanted to help him with chakra. He really wanted to enter that dimension but the portal simply closed before he reached it. The only question is if Naruto deliberately let his clone be hit so that Kaguya leaves that dimension or the clone simply couldn't dodge that. I think this chapter hints at that being a planned move, Naruto wants to buy time for Obito and Sakura so he has to keep Kaguya in the ice dimension, so by letting his clone be destroyed so early he expected that kaguya would leave that dimension immediately which she thought was empty.

Quote:
kaguya doest keep the byakugan activated. sense she apparently is sorta kinda tryna preserve chakra, this makes some sense
To me it doesn't make sense at all. Even normal people can use byakugan for an some time using their personal chakra. Now she has the chakra of the whole world and also the 10-tails' chakra. Practically she has infinite chakra, as Obito said her teleportation/dimension jutsu is insanely powerful, and that means it needs incredibly massive amounts of chakra. Someone like that should be able to spam eye jutsu like nothing.

After all Kaguya was not a ninja, so i'm not surprised her battle/tactical abilities are not on par with her chakra levels. At her time she didn't have any decent enemies to fight and also "jutsu" didn't even exist back than, the whole ninja world was created after the Sage gave chakra to the entire world and that was after she died.

Quote:
too many other things going on to calculate an opponent who was quite dead five seconds ago, is up, has both eyes and can use that power to open a hole in a portal that closing quick fast. I'm just glad they got to sasuke.
Well that's reasonable, but still black zetsu was somewhat stupid to not count with Obito, since he does know how Naruto can restore dying people and also he was controlling Obito while he teleported himself and Madara back from Obito's dimension using Obito's body in which he and Madara have implanted back the other eye. It's not like Zetsu was some distant observer of these things, he was either in the action or he was doing the moves.

Quote:
i'm pretty sure he can do it across dimensions
Apparently the whole time he was trying to do that but i guess without a destination point he can't teleport. So in this chapter he acquired the destination by looking into the other dimension to the place where Obito and Sakura are standing. So i guess from now on he can teleport there from any dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Goku just has to sense where ever he is to Teleport.
He could teleport to known people, not places. He just had to think of that person and he was there. A really unique ability, i don't know of any other character in other stories that had such an ability. I found that ability of Goku awesome because it just didn't involve anything about space/dimensions/distance, it was all about human relations. It would have been even more epic if Goku could do it even regardless of time, i mean meet with people from the past or future by just thinking about them

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2014-07-16 at 13:23.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 15:26   Link #31
Spelt

I miss madara already
Old 2014-07-17, 09:03   Link #32
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

After looking at the chapter and previous ones it seems as though kaguya is taking orders from black zetsu or is it that maybe kaguya has no experience with ninja-like opponents... Either way god-like characters shouldnt have any excuses.
Old 2014-07-17, 11:02   Link #33
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagami View Post
Either way god-like characters shouldnt have any excuses.
well she is a woman in the narutoverse
Old 2014-07-17, 12:18   Link #34
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
After looking at the chapter and previous ones it seems as though kaguya is taking orders from black zetsu or is it that maybe kaguya has no experience with ninja-like opponents... Either way god-like characters shouldnt have any excuses.
no madara mentions that in the past she actually fought when humans learn ninjutsu. and if you watch her parry narutos taijutsu she clearly is no slouch. its the same thing whenever a strong opponent wishes to capture instead of kill, their form is quite terrible. when she was convinced by zetsu that naruto needed to die she made a very precise killing move. and it makes sense to at least follow zetsu for now since he has been around for the past few centuries. I'm just ready to learn what this ultimate plan of his is and where or not kaguya is really on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Check the chapter again, he didn't send any clone.
yeah he didn't
Old 2014-07-17, 12:25   Link #35
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
*cough* lol

The earlier chapter where she swooned over the ikemen paradise distraction was a huge hint though....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 08:34   Link #36
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
no madara mentions that in the past she actually fought when humans learn ninjutsu. and if you watch her parry narutos taijutsu she clearly is no slouch. its the same thing whenever a strong opponent wishes to capture instead of kill, their form is quite terrible. when she was convinced by zetsu that naruto needed to die she made a very precise killing move. and it makes sense to at least follow zetsu for now since he has been around for the past few centuries. I'm just ready to learn what this ultimate plan of his is and where or not kaguya is really on board.
To me that doent make any sense Kaguya is the "main" villain she shouldn't be taking any orders from black zetsu. She is older than him and more powerful black-zetsu has no hold over kaguya that we know of so there is no reason that kaguya should listen to him/it
I don't remember the part about her fighting any ninjas but if she has then she should have no excuses but I agree with you when u said that its harder catching an oppenent than actually trying to kill them.

Quote:
well she is a woman in the narutoverse
That's still not an excuse konan was an awesome female character

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-07-18 at 10:05. Reason: double post
Old 2014-07-18, 10:54   Link #37
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
To me that doent make any sense Kaguya is the "main" villain she shouldn't be taking any orders from black zetsu. She is older than him and more powerful black-zetsu has no hold over kaguya that we know of so there is no reason that kaguya should listen to him/it
I don't remember the part about her fighting any ninjas but if she has then she should have no excuses but I agree with you when u said that its harder catching an oppenent than actually trying to kill them.
yeah we don't know. there has to be a reason that the progenitor of all chakra is taking the lead from a blob. but when you consider zetsu is kaguya's will its really just a form of herself so she's not really taking orders from anybody…the relationship is very questionable though. in one translation i read it say "i killed you" instead of "we" when referring to narutos original. that suspicious if that was the correct version
Old 2014-07-18, 12:15   Link #38
itachi-san314

Quote:
That's still not an excuse konan was an awesome female character
agree to disagree i guess. she was horribly underused imho. in her flashbacks she had no individuality and just did whatever yahiko and nagato wanted. she was the typical third teammate who happened to be a girl and was completely overshadowed by her male counterparts
Old 2014-07-18, 14:20   Link #39
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kaguya isn't the real "villain", it's obvious that black zetsu is. He's like that evil advisor that whispers things into the powerful lord's ear.

Kaguya was never really battle tested, she was always undisputed, she has power but no practical experience. She's probably too use to just twinkling her fingers and powerless people cowering before her. It's not too surprising that she's not too bright in combat.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 19:22   Link #40
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
yeah we don't know. there has to be a reason that the progenitor of all chakra is taking the lead from a blob. but when you consider zetsu is kaguya's will its really just a form of herself so she's not really taking orders from anybody…the relationship is very questionable though. in one translation i read it say "i killed you" instead of "we" when referring to narutos original. that suspicious if that was the correct version
True,that if Black zetsu is just an extension of kaguyas will then they are essentially the same person.

Quote:
agree to disagree i guess. she was horribly underused imho. in her flashbacks she had no individuality and just did whatever yahiko and nagato wanted. she was the typical third teammate who happened to be a girl and was completely overshadowed by her male counterparts
I just liked her because she fought jiraiya once and that she almost killed Obito once with those paper-bombs but I agree that she didn't have much screen time as her other team mates.