AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-08-23, 21:56   Link #61
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
I have to concur. Kaguya does not seem to be battle hardened at all..
it's funny how people keep downplaying her fighting ability. she would have beaten any character to smithereens one on one... with the possible exception of so6p madara

Quote:
Although, this still does not absolve her blunder of purposely backing into Sakura's brute punch because..the Byakugan does have full area vision much like Nagato's Rinnegan (remember how that was to deal with.. minus of-course Itachi).
rinnegan field of vision is not like byakugan at all. you guys don't seem to understand the concept of a distraction. even the highest skilled fighter can be distracted a little bit. i guess the current naruto and sasuke just aren't impressive to you guys

Quote:
As for the rational that having Indra & Ashura on either side may have caused her to make a rash decision is null because otherwise we would be in the ice dimension.
this makes no sense. she thought about going there but realized it wouldn't work

Quote:
So in essence, she's been afflicted with the plot no jutsu.
so has everything since the war began
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 00:28   Link #62
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
it's funny how people keep downplaying her fighting ability.
Quite the contrary; I do not believe many people downplay her strength per say, which is overkill for sure. It is more to do with her combat prowess or rather the way she goes about executing her moves (I mean, does she even resemble Kaguya Kimimaro who had the same/similar attack?).
Its more of a broad look at how the others fought e.g. Tobi, Itachi in Konoha, Madara v. Hashirama, etc. compared to her.

Quote:
rinnegan field of vision is not like byakugan at all.
I have to say this is a broad generalization. They are indeed very similar espcially in the case I am discussing (of noticing her enemy's location).

Quote:
(...)concept of a distraction. even the highest skilled fighter can be distracted a little bit.(...)
+
Quote:
this makes no sense. she thought about going there but realized it wouldn't work
Perhaps this was to wordy to understand. What I meant by 'us' being in the ice dimension was..if she was distracted then her knee jerk reaction would be to shift to the ice dimension. That did not happen. Instead she calmly contemplated and reasoned not to go there and instead jump back into Sakura's punch! This is absurd.

And finally no, Sasuke and Naruto haven't done anything impressive since getting their insta power-ups except for flying like goddam Goku and teleporting (imho).
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 11:07   Link #63
itachi-san314

Quote:
Perhaps this was to wordy to understand. What I meant by 'us' being in the ice dimension was..if she was distracted then her knee jerk reaction would be to shift to the ice dimension. That did not happen. Instead she calmly contemplated and reasoned not to go there and instead jump back into Sakura's punch! This is absurd.
why are you so sure she knew sakura was there? based on the material, she did not know. again, i question if you understand what a distraction is... your answer wasn't too wordy to understand, it was nonsensical

Quote:
And finally no, Sasuke and Naruto haven't done anything impressive since getting their insta power-ups except for flying like goddam Goku and teleporting (imho).
yea, goku wasn't impressive at all

you are also ignoring naruto, sasuke and kakashi's tactics. like them or not, they are more than just "flying" and "teleporting". naruto's use of clones is actually more like the old series (tactically) than a lot of what we've seen in this war so far with bijou mode and that giant monster crap
Old 2014-08-24, 15:18   Link #64
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
why are you so sure she knew sakura was there? based on the material, she did not know.
Based on what material..

There is a clear factual conflict here. As clearly seen above, Sakura is NOT in her blind-spot (which isn't big enough to hide the Sakura anyway or the massive Sasunoo for that matter) but instead is directly above meaning Kaguya does see her. Her bemusement can only be explained if Kumai transported Sakura there and caught her off guard. Unfortunately this did not happen.

I will say this though, the team effort was really quite something. Seeing them all come together and coordinate that strike was amazing (just like that epic moment when they did their Sannin summons versus the Juubi and everyone took notice). I suppose you could argue that in the heat of battle with diversions and her partial blind-spot she could of made a blunder but its just that, very circumstantial. I would much rather have preferred Sakura being Kumai'd above her.

Quote:
again, i question if you understand what a distraction is... your answer wasn't too wordy to understand, it was nonsensical
Okay.. there is no need to be rude. I've explained twice, won't go for third. Lets just agree to disagree since we clearly see things differently.

Quote:
(...)naruto's use of clones is actually more like the old series (tactically) than a lot of what we've seen in this war(...)
Okay, admittedly he has been using clones like a normal person would, but spamming them really kills it for me. It loses it unique feel/specialty. Besides, this just demonstrates my point of no real improvement in either Sasuke or Naruto after meeting Hagoromo (in heaven?). For all intends and purposes, both Sasuke and Naruto are the same as pre-Hagoromo. I suppose the Sage only intended to passed on the sealing jutsu and not much else. In comparison, Kakashi has leapt hoops and bounds to actually strike her arm out and actually put her into a corner (in mid-air ) for team 7's finishing combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 - previous post
i guess the current naruto and sasuke just aren't impressive to you guys
Not at all. Naruto and Sasuke have always been impressive. Their current form is nothing short of superb. This sort of ties in to the writing above where I was attempting to convey that their strength hasn't scaled up too well when compared to, for example, Madara or even Sot6P Tobi. I'm talking solely in-terms of performance boost post-Hagoromo.
I suppose it is unfair to expect Sage level strength from them. They are equal-halves (of Yin-Yang?) and can only be 1v1 material versus the recent villains (and/maybe Hashirama) when working in unison. Anyway, this is convoluted. So whatever.

Quote:
the only problem is the sharingan design didn't change, but yea, it's all whatever kishi wants at this point
..completing agree. It has been happening for some time now but its getting glaringly obvious.

P.S. You've probably guessed I'm not a huge fan of this whole 'master race' crap. It's really uncalled for and very demeaning to all the other awesome ninja we've met along the way. I wish they hadn't pulled this Indra/Ashura stuff (and if your going there, then why not use Hagoromo & Hamura.. would have made more sense) 'cuz now you judge all the characters compared to these two and know their incomparable . On a side-note, I do see something coming involving BZ and/or Hamura n his descendents.

Last edited by QS_Bilal; 2014-08-24 at 16:55.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 15:57   Link #65
itachi-san314

Quote:
Based on what material..
I'll try to keep the quotes short. I don't see how that isn't her blind spot. maybe I'm missing something, but both images you presented seem very similar in terms of where the blind spot is. and of course she knew sakura was there after sakura yelled at her. i was (hopefully obviously) talking about the moments before sakura revealed her position

Quote:
Okay.. there is no need to be rude. I've explained twice, won't go for third. Lets just agree to disagree since we clearly see things differently.
that's fine since i think it's impossible to explain how naruto and sasuke aren't distracting kaguya from sakura's presence

and yes, i totally agree about the bloodline stuff. naruto was a much more compelling story when characters could work really hard and overcome their genetics to be just as good or better than the genetically talented ninjas. that message has been utterly stomped on at this point and it was one of the reasons i got into the story in the first place
Old 2014-08-25, 02:26   Link #66
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well well well.... at least we got treated with how team 7 worked together again
anyway, Kakashi is another "superpower" character now after that ridiculous power boost
and Naruto has proved that Kagebunshin no jutsu tactic could defeat every scheme your opponent had
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 01:38   Link #67
Alena_92

in my opinion probably Kaguya was just distracted. though her byakugan was activated, she was doing so many things. like making that huge goudodama ball on her back.

Kakashi susano was holding sakura the whole time of which gaining access to land her blow. that is why when kakashi was falling his susano remains on top of kaguya to keep sakura in position while sakura is waiting for her chance.

and kakashi intentionally let himself fall, another distraction.

But then again its hard to believe how Kaguya could not notice that since byakugan has 360 degree vision.
Alena_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 09:17   Link #68
The Small One

Maybe she did notice Sakura, but didn't expect a mere human to do anything of value in this fight of godlike beeings.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote