Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 09:06   Link #61
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Is it me or do the members of Akatsuki belong in some circus..lol
Old 2008-04-16, 09:16   Link #62
filthydani

I think he is just a spy, he cant fight or able to fight anyone, maybe his speciallity is just spying and gaining information to the group, because he could have saved itachi instead of just watching
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 17:01   Link #63
tatami
back in black

he is a recorder...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 21:27   Link #64
Subaru-san

Much like SoundWave was to Megatron :P
Subaru-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 20:50   Link #65
skurai

Did zetsu debate with himself about tobi joining?? I miss that part.
wont be surprised if zetsu is some kinda 2-in-1 clown. And yes, he looks like a clown. Explains the face colouring. After all, the akatsuki travel in pairs, he seems to be alone. I bet he could split his ass open and reveal another zetsu inside or something.

There were 5 lives in one of those immortal nutheads. I bet zetus is a 2-in-1 formula. Kinda like that dead servant of orochimaru but i doubt he is strong.

Cause if he was as strong as itachi and he could travel so much, so easily, they would have used him to fight by now. He is probably just good at survilliance.
skurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 21:05   Link #66
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurai View Post
wont be surprised if zetsu is some kinda 2-in-1 clown. And yes, he looks like a clown. Explains the face colouring. After all, the akatsuki travel in pairs, he seems to be alone. I bet he could split his ass open and reveal another zetsu inside or something.
Zetsu was Madara/Tobi's partner before Sasori died (Tobi was said to be Zetsu's servant or apprentice or something to that effect, whatever the case he followed Zetsu around). But, once Sasori died, Tobi had to step up and actively help the sealing process, so Zetsu lost his "partner" and Deidara gained another .

Quote:
He is probably just good at survilliance.
I would say he was better than good, considering the fact that he was able to hide from the Uchiha brothers, who have the ability to see chakra.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 21:19   Link #67
skurai

I think u overestimating the plant. If he was strong and that fast at moving, they would have used him to fight by now and probably did alot of dmg.

I bet in a big fight somewhere, naruto is gonna accidentally miss-throw his shuriken somehow (cause naruto is an idiot) and its gonna hit zetsu in the head and kill him. Naruto would then brag about it like its a big deal.
Old 2008-04-21, 21:51   Link #68
james0246

Quote:
I think u overestimating the plant. If he was strong and that fast at moving, they would have used him to fight by now and probably did alot of dmg.
Being a Shinobi It is not about "strong" or "fast-moving", it is about deception and stealth; Zetsu has shown an ability that seems to make him completely invisible to the naked eye and the Sharingan (which has the ability to see anyone's chakra). From that conjecture, it is then possible to assume that he is invisible to the Byukagan (the all-seeing eye). If he can truly make himself invisible to any and all perception, he would effectively be the best assassin presented in the manga so far, which would make his exceedingly deadly.

That being said, I expect his end to be fairly stupid (Yamato will "out-grow" him, or something else equally silly). Unless he ends up being the sole survivor of Akatuski, which is possible due to his supposed powers.
Old 2008-04-21, 22:27   Link #69
skurai

@james
Agree that his end is probably gonna be silly. I doubt he can be nearly as strong as pein and cmon if he is so mobile and so strong, they would have used him to stop the shinobi ppl when they were going after sasori rather than have itachi and fish guy delay them,etc.

He has soo many strong recon powers that i doubt he can have any powerful attacks... It wont make sense for him to be strong...

And i doubt being invinsible to the byakugan is a big deal. U can still see him infront of u or sense him nearby,etc. And seeing how strong pein and itachi is and how he keeps marvelling at itachi's strength, he is probably really weak.
Old 2008-04-21, 22:42   Link #70
james0246

Quote:
He has soo many strong recon powers that i doubt he can have any powerful attacks... It wont make sense for him to be strong...
Zabuza became an A-Rank missing-nin because, not only his attempted coup, but also his ability to sneak up on someone and kill them (not becuase of his amazing prowess with Water jutsus). So, Zetsu being able to sneak up on possibly anyone would be a truly deadly power.

Quote:
And i doubt being invinsible to the byakugan is a big deal. U can still see him infront of u or sense him nearby,etc. And seeing how strong pein and itachi is and how he keeps marvelling at itachi's strength, he is probably really weak.
If the Byakugan and the Sharingan can not see Zetsu's chakra, then that means you could not "feel" him if he were close to you (the sixth sense Shinobi speak of it an ability to sense the chakra from enemies around you), so he in effect invisible...then again, this is all an assumption based of a few visual cues .

Zetsu is still a mystery, we are unsure of his strengths or his weaknesses. He has the potentially to be extremely powerful, but then again he has the potentially to be very weak. It is hard to say right now.
Old 2008-04-21, 23:31   Link #71
skurai

Sure but i doubt he can sneak up to some1 like kakashi lol. They can still sense his presence surely. And he marvelled too much at itachi's power to be too strong, imo. He considers itachi to be really strong after all.

haha i still think he is gonna die a silly death but not right now while madara has major use for him. Maybe madara will buy a camera phone and dump him.

And zabuza lost to kakashi's dogs.
Old 2008-04-22, 00:10   Link #72
james0246

Quote:
Sure but i doubt he can sneak up to some1 like kakashi lol. They can still sense his presence surely. And he marvelled too much at itachi's power to be too strong, imo. He considers itachi to be really strong after all.
Well, he seems to have snuck up on Kakashi (in the respect that he appeared next to Madara/Tobi without anyone noticing...including Hinata). Additionally, he seems to have been able to stay hidden from Itachi, all the while the "white" side commenting on how powerful Itachi is.

And yes he will probably die in a very silly way. That seems to be the way of all the Akatsuki.
Old 2008-04-22, 00:28   Link #73
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:

haha i still think he is gonna die a silly death but not right now while madara has major use for him. Maybe madara will buy a camera phone and dump him.

And zabuza lost to kakashi's dogs.
But Zabuza was able to sneak up on Kakashi without him noticing. If Zetsu (who appears to be far beyond Zabuza in the ways of stealth) can't sneak up on Kakashi, I'd be supremely disappointed.

I have to agree with everyone else that his death will probably be silly, but I really hope it's not. For being the only Akatsuki we still no nothing (important) about until this point, he deserves something!
Old 2008-04-22, 12:38   Link #74
skurai

hmm well maybe he is a gd at sneaking but i doubt that will do much against kakashi. Maybe it will work well on naruto though.
And those who tend to sneak around and hide tend to be weak straight up.

Haiz, anyways i am not terribly fond of the plant. And i am pretty sure he is gonna die a stupid death.
Old 2008-04-22, 14:05   Link #75
james0246

Quote:
hmm well maybe he is a gd at sneaking but i doubt that will do much against kakashi. Maybe it will work well on naruto though.
And those who tend to sneak around and hide tend to be weak straight up.
Look at the Kakashi/Kakuzu fight. How did Kakashi take one of Kakuzu's (a supposedly superior fighter) hearts, by sneaking up on him and striking before Kakuzu noticed. Now imagine, if you can keep yourself invisible to all around you, just what kind of carnage could you unleash (Zetsu = Splinter Cell ).

I can't help but think you are seriously down-playing Zetsu's abilities.

That being said, I do agree, if he dies it will follow the same pattern of a stupid idiotic death that seems to be part of the Akatsuki by-laws.
Old 2008-04-22, 14:40   Link #76
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Look at the Kakashi/Kakuzu fight. How did Kakashi take one of Kakuzu's (a supposedly superior fighter) hearts, by sneaking up on him and striking before Kakuzu noticed. Now imagine, if you can keep yourself invisible to all around you, just what kind of carnage could you unleash (Zetsu = Splinter Cell ).

That being said, I do agree, if he dies it will follow the same pattern of a stupid idiotic death that seems to be part of the Akatsuki by-laws.
And by that do you mean we shall see Zetsu without his cloak?

Zetsu can come out the ground and eat someone, Naruto will never be able to do anything against him
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 15:23   Link #77
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
And by that do you mean we shall see Zetsu without his cloak?
Zetsu-san without his cloak!? Yatta! That would be awesome! XD

I never actaully thought about Zetsu without his cloak, what could he possibly look like? I mean he has that whole fly trap thingy on him...so I wonder how it will look connected to him...

But Zetsu probally is the most important aspect to Akatsuki, so I doubt him dying any time soon. He is like their info dude ya' know? XD

People have been asking how he came to be...well ever thought he was created?
Oyajitchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 23:09   Link #78
skurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post

dude, there is no way the clam guy is gonna kill any1 important by sneaking up on them. He is gonna injure them at most and all he really does is go up from the ground not sneak up nearby like zabuza.

Playing down zetsu?? He is weak and his sneakiness should suck cause if he can actually sneak up to any1 and hurt them, they would have used him long ago in previous fights.
Example, when fish guy and itachi used the technique or something to delay the shinobis who were rescuing gaara. He was never used either cause he was too weak.
It makes absolutely no sense for him to have much combat ability.

And just cause kakashi did gd by sneaking doesnt mean zetsu will. And btw kakashi is strong head on, he isnt extremely adapted to sneaking like zetsu

Some1 who is so adept at tracking/moving/hiding that much sucks in close range. He is just the info dude. This was said in the chunin exam as well against those clone-using ppl. End up, naruto's group trick them into revealing themselves.
Zetsu is that type.

Simply put, every1 is only so good. If u are that good at tracking, u suck at other things unless u gonna tell me he is superior to kakuzu in terms of combat ability and tracking/hiding/moving/etc. Zetsu even marvelled at itachi's combat ability---> proves he doesnt have much of it.

Logicl conclusion: Zetsu is only good for survilliance. He probably wont even be a jounin like gai straight on and maybe, he might draw with naruto. I got a feeling he is gonna go up against naruto 1v1 and naruto will beat him after some difficulty.
Old 2008-04-25, 23:44   Link #79
james0246

Quote:
Logicl conclusion: Zetsu is only good for survilliance. He probably wont even be a jounin like gai straight on and maybe, he might draw with naruto. I got a feeling he is gonna go up against naruto 1v1 and naruto will beat him after some difficulty.
LOL, while I certainly agree that most shinobi are adept at only one field, to claim that is intrinsically a weakness is just silly, and not logical at all (look at Itachi, he only really could be said to have mastered Genjutsu and his Sharingan, yet he is undeniably powerful). Look at the Splinter Cell games, if you have played any of them, you would understand my analogy. In the games Sam Fisher is an expert stealth assassin. But, in fights he is reletively weak when facing a foe head-on, but when he sticks to the shadows and uses stealth he si is the most badass mofo to have every lived.

That being said, if Zetsu is even half as good at stealth as I have assumed he could be, then he is insanely powerful. To be able to sneak up on anyone and strike before they notice you...that is almost a godly ability when you are talking of the powers of a Shinobi.

Honestly, you are too caught up in the whole DBZ angle that Naruto is currently going through, where a Shinobi's skill and abilities are based on how large an area they can destroy in a single blow. Zetsu can be just as strong as the others, there is no reason to assume otherwise. I mean, he is an S-Rank shinobi much the same as the others, so to assume he is "weak" is simply silly.
Old 2008-04-27, 10:09   Link #80
skurai

Its true for splinter cell but if zetsu is insanely powerful, they should have hinted it by now and they would have used him by now to do alot of things which could probably even mean that some of the akatsuki members wont be so dead.

If he is that mobile and that powerful, why do they only use him as a recorder? Thats why i say he is weak. If u have a gun and u are up against a person with a knife, do u not use the gun??
Why use him only as a recorder if his combat ability is great?

No offense but it is getting ridiculous how u equate stealth with insane power and u are making major baseless assumptions cause i dont see the sense in zetsu being strong at all considering how the story is developing.

Stealth is gd but not gd enough from how the story goes . Stealth isnt much. There is no way no matter how much stealth u have can u ever sneak up on anyone like itachi and kakashi and land a powerful blow. U can be unseen but u cant act. Zabuza wasnt much either, he got killed by kakashi in the first couple of episodes, kakashi is alot stronger now and even has a stronger sharingan.

well, i guess we just see things differently. Oh well.

Last edited by skurai; 2008-04-27 at 10:23.