AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-09, 14:08   Link #821
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Since in eps 5 they have got a assault speed boat why give not minami n aoi a chopper........ a super sonic chopper like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKcb_...eature=related
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 16:57   Link #822
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You know, with Eris pretty much confirmed that rabbit-eared aliens also exist (rabitians, oh the creativity )... what other animal fetishes can we drag up as aliens? Foxians? Birdians? Micians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Romantically this ep resolves Aoi's position on if she wanted Kio or not. Conveniently Eris is prevented from doing much for a while as she is forbidden from normal privileges during her mating season, including most of her combat power. A nice point was made that her job SPECIFICALLY forbids her from being involved with religious organisations or masquerading as a deity. It must have happened so often that they had to have RULE against it.
I loved that bit. It's a common sci-fi scenario after all. Only makes sense for a show that tries to parody every sci-fi trope in existence goes by this trope as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
The doves were a nice touch.

Disappointed that Manami didn't move realistically in her suit.
Are you kidding? You've seen that suit, right? If they made her bounce while wearing that those few threads providing at least a small shred of modesty would certainly...

Oh.

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-08-09 at 17:36.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 20:10   Link #823
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Threads is the correct term, cause that "suit" was made of little more than strips of ribbon, I think I missed most of the dialogue with her in the scene.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 21:17   Link #824
ZeKeR
Superbad

Soo....
as far as the genetics concerned... catians really DO have the same body structure as humans do, but with the exception of the cat ears, tail and traits. they are strong enough to blast walls with thar powersuits but are like ordinary human females when out of the powersuit or the suit is restricted.

and one thing:
if the powersuit increases thar strength... imagine what could kio do if he was given a custom powersuit that men use? assuming if my "holy shit this just like girls bravo" planet theory is true.
Old 2010-08-09, 21:53   Link #825
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Feel bad for Aoi since that was a rough match-up for her. Up against someone her suit wouldn't actually let her fight against. It's impressive she managed to do some damage and survive when she had all that against her.

But damn was surprised by Kio getting to wear the powersuit . It was a pretty clever idea to escape though.
Old 2010-08-09, 22:07   Link #826
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Feel bad for Aoi since that was a rough match-up for her [snip]
Wow. This same sentence could have applied to Aoi vs Manami in their bunny outfits. She didn't stand a chance.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 22:19   Link #827
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Wow. This same sentence could have applied to Aoi vs Manami in their bunny outfits. She didn't stand a chance.
dude

flat chested girls has great potential as big breasted girls

one thing is their stamina
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 23:41   Link #828
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The girls are either too big or too small in this series.

I think something like Chaika's is fine too.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 00:09   Link #829
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post

Well, Manami started off pretty much within the norm. First episode, she's arguably smack in the sweet spot of quantity versus quality. But as of late, she's looking more like Eris and Kuune each episode...

She's still the best option in the series, with Chaika and Durer vying for second. Really those three are the only ones within the realm of realism/existence (and Durer is questionable from scene to scene).
Old 2010-08-10, 00:44   Link #830
ZeKeR
Superbad

i never got to see melwin's crew wear something other than thar powersuits and the epic swimsuit diplomacy.

so far clothes are as follows as i see:

ERIS (aka DROP DEAD HAWT AIRHEAD LIKE NEKOMIMI GIRL)
-dress shirt (also part of a guy's dream to see only a nekomimi girl wear nothing but it)
-power suit (i think this is her default)
-casual sleeveless (originally kio's)
-swimsuit

FUTABA (aka SHY MEGANEKKO)
-dog tech armor
-sleeveless
-basic combat loadout
-OMGWTFawesome swimsuit

MANAMI (aka TSUNDERE CHILDHOOD FRIEND) <----- i pretty much think she fits that)
-sleeveless (default, i think)
-basic combat loadout (along with futaba in storming the base)
-OMGWTFawesome swimsuit that shows her assets very well
Old 2010-08-10, 00:48   Link #831
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Soo....
as far as the genetics concerned... catians really DO have the same body structure as humans do, but with the exception of the cat ears, tail and traits. they are strong enough to blast walls with thar powersuits but are like ordinary human females when out of the powersuit or the suit is restricted.
Since there are dog aliens and rabbit aliens I can only think of whatever precursor race out there doing this is closer to humans... with an animal ear and tail fetish.

Out there there must be some messed up first contacts. Eris said her people was surprised of what humans looked. That they kinda looked like them. So comparably speaking we humans could be the baseline of humanoid evolution.

There is also the fact Eris's people used to call themselves Earthers and their planet Earth. Why do I have a feeling it is the same case for other kemono mimi aliens?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 01:00   Link #832
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
There is also the fact Eris's people used to call themselves Earthers and their planet Earth. Why do I have a feeling it is the same case for other kemono mimi aliens?
The only reason they call their planet Earth is because they speak Japanese. "Earth" is what you stand on. The ground beneath your feet.

Every culture thinks of their country as the centre of the universe. That's also why our "Moon" is called "Moon". We didn't have any reason to call it anything else until we realised there are other moons out there.
Old 2010-08-10, 02:53   Link #833
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
i never got to see melwin's crew wear something other than thar powersuits and the epic swimsuit diplomacy.

so far clothes are as follows as i see:

ERIS (aka DROP DEAD HAWT AIRHEAD LIKE NEKOMIMI GIRL)
-dress shirt (also part of a guy's dream to see only a nekomimi girl wear nothing but it)
-power suit (i think this is her default)
-casual sleeveless (originally kio's)
-swimsuit

FUTABA (aka SHY MEGANEKKO)
-dog tech armor
-sleeveless
-basic combat loadout
-OMGWTFawesome swimsuit

MANAMI (aka TSUNDERE CHILDHOOD FRIEND) <----- i pretty much think she fits that)
-sleeveless (default, i think)
-basic combat loadout (along with futaba in storming the base)
-OMGWTFawesome swimsuit that shows her assets very well
this post is tagged as

FTW
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 11:18   Link #834
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post

To contribute to the discussion, is it okay if I give the numerical three-size measurements of the females we've seen so far? I suppose this kind of info is not too spoilery, and you can easily find this in the japanese wiki if you understand the language so I think it should be fine.

Spoiler for Three Sizes:

Hope this can be helpful somehow...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 11:51   Link #835
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Spoiler for Three Sizes:

Manami is clearly not a B-cup in the anime, so yeah, it looks like she received a "power-up". Aoi-chan, on the other hand, seemed a bit more flat than she should be in ep 5 (I was under the impression Melvin and Chaika had bigger breasts than her before reading this, apparently not). Either way, I don't mind :3

Episode 5 was another very enjoyable one. The whole incident was resolved a bit too quickly and easily for my tastes though. As you said in your previous post, this is reminiscent of an anime from the previous season. Getting Kio to wear the power suit was a good idea, but it looked so weird on him
Old 2010-08-10, 12:02   Link #836
ReddyRedWolf

Hmm... How about Aoi trading her dog tech power suit for a cat tech one?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:12   Link #837
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Hmm... How about Aoi trading her dog tech power suit for a cat tech one?
Technically she already got cat tech, from the two droids. But I don't think the Catians are quite ready to give her Catian powersuits unless the Catians decided they are going to hunt down the Dog People for real. There are some political loops to jump through.

It's possible, but I just don't see it happening right now. We will need to wait and see what's the response to the info that the Dog People have been confirmed to be present on Earth. It's rather annoying that the next episode preview has nothing to do with the show; we can't even guess anything from it.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:15   Link #838
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
To contribute to the discussion, is it okay if I give the numerical three-size measurements of the females we've seen so far? I suppose this kind of info is not too spoilery, and you can easily find this in the japanese wiki if you understand the language so I think it should be fine.

Spoiler for Three Sizes:

In truth, numbers don't matter much in an anime. What matters is the actual comparison charts the anime studio draws up to finalise the body shapes of the characters. For some shows that care about that sort of thing, there are even dedicated breast charts. We don't know if the Asobi anime studio cared much about the official sizes at all.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:18   Link #839
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Well they better get started jumping thru those loops cuz the dogs are going for the throat.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:44   Link #840
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Well they better get started jumping thru those loops cuz the dogs are going for the throat.
To be fair, the many dog droids were comprehensively beaten by only 3 cat droids. And even Aoi managed to fight to a draw with a handicap against the dog girl. The warp missiles might have helped sunk the ship, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would have sunk anyway without the missiles. Yes, Aoi will need to be more careful from now on, but other than that I don't think the team was really threatened as such.

Eris will have to do something about her current state though. It would be trouble if she still has to go on missions but is not able to defend herself.

Tags
comedy, romance, sci-fi, shounen