AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-03, 06:48   Link #1
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Rumors of a Tomoyo After/Planetarian Movie

If this blog is to be believed, Kyoto Animation will announce details of a joint Tomoyo After/planetarian theatrical release after the last episode of CLANNAD AFTER. Supposedly, Tomoyo After will occupy 60 minutes of the showing time and planetarian will take 30 minutes. I guess we will find out soon if it's for real or not...
Old 2009-03-03, 08:45   Link #2
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Yea!!! Tomoyo after! (haven't played Planetarian, but I guess it would be good). PLEASE keep Ryoko Tanaka/Isshiki Hikaru as Tomoyo plz.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-03-03, 09:05   Link #3
Nosauz

why tomoya after?? 60 minutes is not even enough sigh... give some of the other heroines a chance but thats just my 2 cents
Old 2009-03-03, 09:12   Link #4
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Planetarian is worth making into a movie. The storyline is quite nice after all.

I am not sure about Tomoyo After, I am a Tomoya x Fuko shipper.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:38   Link #5
Crisano

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
theatrical release
I'm actually more interested in seeing how Kyoto Animation will handle a movie (OVAs aside).

Hopefully this is confirmed true. It would be interesting.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:41   Link #6
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
why (sic)tomoya after?? 60 minutes is not even enough sigh... give some of the other heroines a chance but thats just my 2 cents
Because there is actually a game, and hence and script they can base their work on? Which doesn't really happen for the other heroins.

In any case, let's take this with a big grain of salt. Before we get too excited, this is just a rumour from a (for all we know right now) random Japanese blog.
Old 2009-03-04, 15:45   Link #7
Nosauz

lol :P tomoyo, my bad. yea ur right, w/e if it happens i'll end up watching it, I just find an ova for that amount of material seems light. I hope their actually focusing on little busters or something big.
Old 2009-03-04, 16:19   Link #8
Meatrose
Antihero

Well, not that I wouldn't want to watch Tomoyo After and Planetarian, but 60 minutes for TA seems... really rushed. Anyhow, it sounds interesting, but I'm not going to start looking forward to it until the rumor is confirmed to be at least "probably true".
Old 2009-03-04, 17:08   Link #9
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

A theatrical release for Key adaptations? Planetarian especially?

DO WANT.

And I really hope we get Little Busters this fall. That would be awesome.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:24   Link #10
Proto

Quote:
And I really hope we get Little Busters this fall. That would be awesome.
Hmm... dunno, financially speaking I don't see KyoAni having enough money for a high level production like Little Busters after the triple CLANNAD-Munto-K-on! combo. The way I see it they'll probably need some time to build some money from the DVD sells revenues.
Old 2009-03-04, 18:39   Link #11
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Planetarian needs 2-3 episodes if ever.

It's also going to rock.
Old 2009-03-04, 20:16   Link #12
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

DO WANT! *ahem* sorry, fanboy got out. But seriously, yes! After the very amazing Tomoyo alternate world episode last season i am very confidant they can make a short yet very satisfying Tomoyo OVA.
Old 2009-03-04, 20:19   Link #13
Kristen
*Author

I'm really interested. Movies are fast paced and to me, easier to watch than animes. They get to the point. I'd be really happy if this was true.
Old 2009-03-04, 21:07   Link #14
RandomFlameStrike

60 mins for Tomoyo after seems like it would be really rushed. Well they did make Tomoyo's whole route into 1 ep and it didn't turn out bad. If Planetarian is going to be a movie then I can't wait! However, what's the point of putting to unrelated key works into one movie? O.o so you watch 60 mins of Tomoyo After and then jump into Planetarain, or did I get the wrong idea?

I'd also love to see a Little Busters anime (Since there won't be another seaons of Haruhi X.X), but I am a little worried about the amount of money KyoAni has left for these things.
Old 2009-03-04, 21:36   Link #15
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Hmm... Taking the TA manga as an example, it may be possible to squeeze the whole game (including the ~2 mini-arcs) into just one hour. Obviously, they would have to do better than the mangaka, and they would have to rush things a bit, but KEY adaptations are always in good hands when it comes to KyoAni.

And, and!

ZEE. OHH. EMM. GEE.
Planetarian!
Movie!
*speechless*

Though with only 30 minutes, I worry about how they are going to handle the scene/mood transitions (not to mention the pace of the story). I have always had the idea that Planetarian would be best served in a 60-90 minute movie.

Well, I can sure bare with the incessant Haruhi troll announcements if they can come out with either or both of these.
Old 2009-03-04, 22:05   Link #16
Justin Kim
*Artist

Wait, I don't get what this is about? What exactly is "A Tomoya After?" Does this have relation to Key's Clannad After Story? Is it like a sequel that shows what happens to Tomoya after the series ends? I am so confused, can someone please answer my question?
Old 2009-03-04, 22:18   Link #17
Proto

Quote:
Wait, I don't get what this is about? What exactly is "A Tomoya After?" Does this have relation to Key's Clannad After Story? Is it like a sequel that shows what happens to Tomoya after the series ends? I am so confused, can someone please answer my question?
Real name: Tomoyo after. A game based on an alternate storyline where Tomoya, instead of pairing up with Nagisa, paired up with Tomoyo. And the ensing drama. Oh, the melodrama.
Old 2009-03-04, 22:31   Link #18
jery626
Full Metal Panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Real name: Tomoyo after. A game based on an alternate storyline where Tomoya, instead of pairing up with Nagisa, paired up with Tomoyo. And the ensing drama. Oh, the melodrama.
AH! The pain....
Old 2009-03-04, 22:44   Link #19
Nosauz

wasn't this basically a "we know everybody didn't love jun maeda's script so those that want to make a game not featuring nagisa do it" kind thing? I mean for me at least I just felt it was probably doujinshi quality, compared to what the original clannad team did, but then again I could be totally wrong.
Old 2009-03-04, 23:00   Link #20
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, Planetarian was also not out of the hands of Maeda, so in itself Tomoyo After isn't a unique exception. (Then again, that might have contributed to Planetarian being the most depressing work by Key...)

I think a 30 minute Planetarian will be such a brutal experience for the audience. I still remember being in tears when someone played kinetic novel was played on a projector screen.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Closed Thread