AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-07, 13:11   Link #11041
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I think there is a diference between right hands with an "Unique power" and powers trying to imitate using their right hand but won't succeed.
Most likely. But they shouldn't succeed in the first place, is what I'm getting at.
Old 2011-06-07, 13:33   Link #11042
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

New part in vol 4 is out

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...hapter2#Part_4

My god. Misha is awesome here. (Moe, I believe is the correct word for this.)
Old 2011-06-07, 13:36   Link #11043
Daft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I was asking when she did it. I was asking how she did it. The way the author presented it, anyone can use the Right Hand powers. Meaning anyone could theoretically use Imagine Breaker's power. It won't be as powerful as the real deal, obviously, but they can still use it. It makes the actual Right Hands much less impressive now.
I think it was established that no one can copy their right hands. Otherwise Aleister would have just replicated Touma's ability from the beginning and held it in reserve until he's ready to use it instead of keeping him alive and risk him messing with his plans due to his hero complex.

I don't believe even Aleister fully understands Imagine Breaker for all of his talk at the end of vol.22. Otherwise their would be no need for such a convoluted plan requiring Touma alive at all costs. He may just be using an effect he can observe but not actually completely explain how its mechanics work.

As for Elizalina, not even Fiamma had a clue what was going on when he assumed he had taken Imagine Breaker from Touma. If Fiamma was not able to comprehend it even while holding the most similar power to it, I don't see how a more average magician can replicate it in any way. Elizalina was attempting a spell centered on the "right hand". Fiamma stated he can perform any miracle associated with the "right hand", thus it cannot do anything to him, ever... Hence the laugh.
Old 2011-06-07, 13:40   Link #11044
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
I think it was established that no one can copy their right hands. Otherwise Aleister would have just replicated Touma's ability from the beginning and held it in reserve until he's ready to use it instead of keeping him alive and risk him messing with his plans due to his hero complex.

I don't believe even Aleister fully understands Imagine Breaker for all of his talk at the end of vol.22. Otherwise their would be no need for such a convoluted plan requiring Touma alive at all costs. He may just be using an effect he can observe but not actually completely explain how its mechanics work.

As for Elizalina, not even Fiamma had a clue what was going on when he assumed he had taken Imagine Breaker from Touma. If Fiamma was not able to comprehend it even while holding the most similar power to it, I don't see how a more average magician can replicate it in any way. Elizalina was attempting a spell centered on the "right hand". Fiamma stated he can perform any miracle associated with the "right hand", thus it cannot do anything to him, ever... Hence the laugh.
That was just a lengthy reiteration of what I was complaining about in the first place.
Old 2011-06-07, 15:59   Link #11045
Breidaluk

don`t know if its was already told before but am telling anyways. Did you notice one thing in common between deep blood arc and WW3 arc?
In the end of the two arcs Touma and Fiamma lose theirs arms but the two manage to use their powers using the blood to ativate their respective powers(although i can`t say with certain because i only saw the anime version of deep blood arc,). Using this as reference it seems like touma powers is somehow related with fiamma`s, but i still can`t say if is imagine breaker or the thing inside touma. Thinking about it carefully, Aleister told to Fiamma that is something that he could already know so is related with the age of osiris(i think). Of course that it can be the power that touma used to supress the thing inside him.there are too much posibilities
Old 2011-06-07, 16:00   Link #11046
Breidaluk

oh yeah, sorry about my english. I don`t practice too much.
Old 2011-06-07, 21:10   Link #11047
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Vol 20, Chap 2, part 9

Nothing special, relative to everything else that's going on; just Hamazura getting into trouble with Privateers.
Old 2011-06-07, 22:04   Link #11048
EvilSamurai

Vol. 20 Ch. 2 part 10 and between the lines

Things just got REAL!
Old 2011-06-07, 22:31   Link #11049
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

NOW we're talking; but similiar to Touma stopping Fiamma's BFS (Big Flaming SWORD), Accelerator stopping Magic with his Right Hand is painfully under detailed, and it only happened twice before he gave up and just hit the I.W.I.N button. In addition, we're now getting to the meat of his development with the dramatic introduction of Misaka Worst- It seems she uses purple electricity, wonder how that works.

At this rate, finishing the translations for the main books before New Testament 2 is not just a hopeful wish anymore...
Old 2011-06-07, 23:23   Link #11050
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It takes a EXE to catch an EXE, after all.
Old 2011-06-08, 06:39   Link #11051
Marina2

Do you guys think [Mental Out] will work on magician? (maybe high lv one)

Well, if you guys think she'll get killed before she can do, how about she sneak up on them and use it when they are unaware?
Old 2011-06-08, 06:56   Link #11052
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't say this often... BUT FUCK YEAHHHHHH !!!!

P.S - Synopsis any one? I saw Touma and Mikoto's name together in one sentence... As well as something that's called... "Railgun Hell"...

P.P.S - Something about the SS novels

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-08 at 07:07.
Old 2011-06-08, 07:15   Link #11053
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

What's with the photoshop picture? Though, that's a new Hamazura drawing.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-08, 07:49   Link #11054
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

New Testament Volume 2.

Shiage, Touma and Accelerator meet.

They run into an 'atonement for transgressions' event with the girls who are worried about each of them.
<!--「落とし前イベント」 I am unsure of how to translate this properly. Also, the kanji which I translated as 'run into' are rather indistinct, and therefore I cannot be sure. Do not take my word for it.-->
Spoiler for NT Volume 2: Aforementioned 「落とし前イベント」:

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-08, 07:56   Link #11055
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
New Testament Volume 2.

Shiage, Touma and Accelerator meet.
Yeah, and judging from what little I could make out; all three of them have to deal with girl troubles
Old 2011-06-08, 08:20   Link #11056
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
This seems like a comedy novel XD
I approve!
Old 2011-06-08, 08:21   Link #11057
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

That is Toaru Majutsu SP which is compilation of all the chapters you can't find normally nowadays such as Styil SS and Mars SS.

And yeah bravo for a double release of NT2&SP.

Last edited by Plant42; 2011-06-08 at 08:45.
Old 2011-06-08, 09:38   Link #11058
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't say this often... BUT FUCK YEAHHHHHH !!!!

P.S - Synopsis any one? I saw Touma and Mikoto's name together in one sentence... As well as something that's called... "Railgun Hell"...

What the... these all all different images putted into the same picture, why would the company to this? NOT THAT I’M SAYING IT NOT COOL WHICH IT IS, BUT WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?
Old 2011-06-08, 09:38   Link #11059
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

From what I can piece together with the moonrunes, this will be what the three guys will be facing after the war. The only part which is a bit comedic is that Touma will face the wrath of the Rank #3 Level 5 Misaka Mikoto AND Index. Accelerator's is a bit sweet as he continues a (seemingly) peaceful life with Worst and Last Order, while Hamazura's will be a tearjerker to some. We will finally see ITEM reunited, and Mugino can finally apologize to Frenda for murdering a "partner-in-crime".

Expect that some of the fans will be disappointed when they hear about what will happen, which might be the most slice-of-life volume of the light novels ever. But I'll be anticipating it nonetheless, because this volume might just be another "calm before the storm".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-08, 09:47   Link #11060
zaeraal

Didn't know where to post this, so I post it here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-air-this-fall

Seems like there will be no Index 3 nor Railgun 2 this year.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen