AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-05, 21:49   Link #61
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
This reminds much of how Lamune was presented (which I am not really fond of...)
Yes! I got the exact same lamune feeling.
Lamune was slow, but it was never boring.

This series seems nice and cute and well worth watching.

I'm wondering the the male protagonist has some secret magic powers or something.
(I was half expecting him to use them at any point)

It seems he's either lost his powers or else is being secretive about them.

Interesting
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 03:05   Link #62
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Hmm, so now there's yet another very significant Haruhi in anime (ie lead female).

First there was

Then there was

And now we have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine

Such a sweet and carefree smile^^ *melts*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
My thoughts :d
Quote:
Next episode… The Melancholy of Kamisaka Haruhi I?
LOL! Nice one!
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 04:07   Link #63
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

2006 is the year of Haruhi, in some ways. Memories of Suzumiya still runs deep and Fujioka has just finished her run, and now Kamisaka will complete the last months of 2k6.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 13:52   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Made me feel, well, happy. The characters. The pacing. The gentle relationship. The fact that her hesitation didn't last that long. The nice, rather standard, character design. As a fan of Mahoraba, I liked seeing the word "heartful" in the subtitle.

And some lovely voices, even if they aren't big names, at least in anime. Sakakibara Yui, who plays Haruhi, has done scads of games, shows, insert songs, etc., etc. She's having a live concert for her birthday on Sunday in Yokohama. And I look forward to hearing Koyuki, who is played by Hinata Yura, the seiyuu who did such a great job with Kareha (Shuffle).

If this can be as satisfying as Lamune, I'll be delighted. The way they smiled at each other at the end.... Mmmmm. Lovely. And I particularly liked the background music, myself. The animation was less starry than I've come to expect from Artland, but it felt right, and the magic circles and fire were good. I'm coming to the conclusion that Artland actually has good instincts for real art, understated but artistic. (Correction: I just watched their Gin-iro no Olynssis. Not good.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-06 at 15:41.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 14:47   Link #65
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

I watched the first episode without knowing much background info on the game. At first, I thought it'd only be a cliche harem show. Boy, was I wrong.

It was nice, cute, and fun to watch. Maybe it's the "shoujo" vibes that makes it not your typical harem show. I am already taken a liking to Haruhi. But I don't really have any special feelings for Jun. She's just a typical bishoujo, other than the fact that she is a...

Spoiler:
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 16:39   Link #66
NeoSam

The folllowing site has lots of images from Happiness! (Warning: do not use the site unless you are 18+)

http://akibakko.net/posts/tags/happiness

After looking at some of these pictures, I really have to check the first episode as soon as possible
Old 2006-10-06, 16:52   Link #67
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo
She's just a typical bishoujo, other than the fact that she is a...

Spoiler:
unnnn... 'typical' would be the last adjective I would use to describe Jun ^^;; If anything, Jun is the most eccentric character out of the entire cast. Hopefully, they'll give Jun more airtime than the first episode~ *prays*
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 21:04   Link #68
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 21:10   Link #69
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
unnnn... 'typical' would be the last adjective I would use to describe Jun ^^;; If anything, Jun is the most eccentric character out of the entire cast. Hopefully, they'll give Jun more airtime than the first episode~ *prays*
I look at Jun as more as a source of comedy, given how he is 'just like any other guy except for the fact that he wears female clothing'. Especially the way he fit into Yuma's (sp) gang.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 21:46   Link #70
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Yes! I got the exact same lamune feeling.
Lamune was slow, but it was never boring.
Like a moth to a floodlight... If there is a chance that this show will be anything like Lamune, then I will be watching.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 18:46   Link #71
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Spoiler for ecchi content. All Jun. Naughty bits covered:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 23:11   Link #72
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
*melts* It's so hard to find Ibuki artwork (Jun is a fan favorite everywhere) This one is really good, especially with the moe~ caption. (´∀`∩)

If you find more Ibuki, please post them!
Old 2006-10-08, 01:16   Link #73
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
I look at Jun as more as a source of comedy, given how he is 'just like any other guy except for the fact that he wears female clothing'. Especially the way he fit into Yuma's (sp) gang.
Yes, Jun is a guy, but that's not what makes him such a unique character. unnnn... It's difficult to put it into words, but Jun is just.... Jun ^^;; His character and personality just doesn't fit easily into standard character types you see often in anime or gaming~~

I would recommend saving your judgement till after one or two more episodes ^^
Old 2006-10-08, 02:23   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Now all they need is someone to post the CG set from the game........... Oh, wait right!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 18:58   Link #75
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Yes, Jun is a guy, but that's not what makes him such a unique character. unnnn... It's difficult to put it into words, but Jun is just.... Jun ^^;; His character and personality just doesn't fit easily into standard character types you see often in anime or gaming~~

I would recommend saving your judgement till after one or two more episodes ^^
now that is shocking...just watched ep 1 and i thought that jun was pretty lively and cute...but now ya tell me that she is actually a he...*i blame myself for not knowing jap*
so whts should my reaction be if i see sexy pics of him...like the ones maidsx3 posted anyway i dnt mind cause hes a girl at heart ^_^
well the first ep was not amazing but not unwatchable...i found it quite slow paced which is something im not particularly fond off...i hope it picks up later

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 22:53   Link #76
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I have a game-related question for those who've played the game,

Spoiler for game:
Old 2006-10-09, 01:54   Link #77
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I have a game-related question for those who've played the game,

Spoiler for game:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-12, 15:45   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The way they keep telling this story from two perspectives is interesting for the genre because Haruhi's personality and insecurity is mostly out in the open, and it's Yuuma (the "male lead") who's hiding all the mysteries.
Spoiler for Episode 2:
All in all, the second episode carries on like the first, and continues to move things forward. Good stuff.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 16:01   Link #79
Spuffy
オウカ~

Some slight changes with the story itself compared to the game but nothing that I really mind except for:
Spoiler:

And I did hope, against logic I guess, that Miru would use her overcute voice for Ibuki as she did in Re:Lucks. But I didn't expect that to begin with, so there wasn't really any loss there.
Overall a nice episode.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 21:32   Link #80
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

ah~ah... I can't believe Koyuki didn't whip out her four dimensional apron. I was totally looking forward to seeing more of her quirky (i.e. scheming) nature...

Σ(゚Д゚)/ (Koyuki fan outrage!)

Still, I can't complain much since I actually liked this episode. Artland's animation style for Happiness! is really starting to grow on to me, especially after watching the HD version of the first episode (The animation really shines~)

Spoiler for Episode 2 highlights:

Tags
artland, bishoujo, comedy, drama, romance, seinen, supernatural, windmill