AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-04, 11:45   Link #901
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But, wasn't Kuu infatuated with Kyoshiro because he was *like* a prince? So it seems only natural that she prefers the real thing. ^^
Technically, that's logical and true. However, I can always equate this to Kyoshiro as well.

Kyoshiro's initial objective: Get close to Shiratori Kuu, bring her in and in that event be one step closer to achieving the twisted version of whatever Kazuya's goal was, and that is in his opinion, killing all the Zettai Tenshi.

Changes: Kyoshiro eventually gets emotionally attached to Kuu, despite attempting to distance himself as he implied, but ultimately falls for her.

Question here that's screaming in his head: "What the hell happened to your duty to your beloved Nii-san?!"

Kyoshiro: "To hell with it. I love her. I've "consulted" with him and he agrees. Shut up."

While this isn't the best comparison, what I want to get across are the changes. She was infatuated with him because Kyoshiro was indeed like a prince, but did this 'real thing' spend time with her? Care for her? Help her out in dire need, whatever his real agenda was? Did she not enjoy being with him even without reason? That's were the similarities set in. It's the interaction of both characters with each other that change their initial perspectives that allows them to look at each other in a different light.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 12:44   Link #902
Key Board
Carbon

It is a parallel in a way that both Kyoshiro and Kuu have more than one priorities

Kyoshiro blatantly said word per word, that he will protect both Kuu and the mission entrusted to him. He was not planning on giving up on either.

Likewise, despite loving Kyoshiro, a very considerable part of Kuu yearns for her prince. Her true prince.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-03-04 at 14:51.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 12:53   Link #903
Kirramagic
twinletee twinkletee two

Send a message via Yahoo to Kirramagic
I don't think that's right cause she's admitted in a past episode she doesn't love her prince, in episode I quote she says: In my heart, its neither a brother or a lover, but he's my confidant, my aim, my dream."

So in the end the prince is someone she wants to become in simple someone stronger who's needed.

So no I don't think she loves Kazuya or ever will, especially when she gets her memories back.

I hope that Kazuya dies horrible death!
Kirramagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 12:57   Link #904
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
It is a parallel in a way that both Kyoshiro and Kuu have more than one priorities

Kyoshiro blatantly said word per word, that he will protect both Kuu and the mission entrusted to him. He was not planning on giving up on either.

Likewise, despite loving Kyoshiro, a very considerable part of Kuu yearns for her prince. Her true prince. This is how Kazuya got to her.

And it's actually even more complex than that, because You see.. Kuu is not just Kuu that we see. She is also Ciello, the angel in the tank that made a pact with Kazuya. She is also Valticia, the lonesome Sun, and she is also Shiratori Kuu, the bubly highschool girl dreaming of her Prince.
Apparently you've been watching episode 9, while I haven't.

Indeed, I had even stated once that somewhere in Kuu, she's still living in her fantasy, although I doubt the Shiratori Kuu would have went without struggling, the point where she is also Ciello and Valticia (whoever they are...Need that episode! >.<) could very well alter her decisions ultimately.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 13:30   Link #905
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
although I doubt the Shiratori Kuu would have went without struggling,
you havent see it yet...but Waruteishia has mastered the art of Persuasion

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 13:35   Link #906
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirramagic View Post
I don't think that's right cause she's admitted in a past episode she doesn't love her prince, in episode I quote she says: In my heart, its neither a brother or a lover, but he's my confidant, my aim, my dream."

So in the end the prince is someone she wants to become in simple someone stronger who's needed.
That makes him her GOD, actually. Which puts him even higher up. She prays to him every morning.

But that's not point. Labels are just labels. It doesn't matter if a Sister loves God romantically or not, she will still never ever marry you and return your feelings.. period.

What matters is a substantial part of Kuu's subconscious favors Kazuya. You can argue the nature of this feeling. It doesn't matter. In the end what matters is that it hold influence over her.

Quote:
So no I don't think she loves Kazuya or ever will, especially when she gets her memories back.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-04, 13:38   Link #907
Kazu-kun

So, the correct romanization for "Waruteishia" is "Valticia" or it is more like an educated guess?
Old 2007-03-04, 13:47   Link #908
Key Board
Carbon

Warutishia if you want to go word per word, but that would be equivalent to keeping Strike Gundam as sutoraiku gandamu.

I prefer to use western phonetics, so I use Valticia

There is no absolute law saying which to choose. Just use which you prefer.

Heck, some of my friends call her Valkyrie.. which is also appropriate in an amusing way
Old 2007-03-04, 14:08   Link #909
Kazu-kun

I already knew "Waruteishia" (or Warutishia") is the romanized transliteration of ワルテイシア, but what I was wondering was if the official romanized spelling was confirmed (like in the case of "Tarlotte"). Anyway, based on what you said, it seems it's not confirmed yet. Is that correct?

Also the correct spelling for "Ciello" is most likely "Cielo", which is "sky" in spanish. After all, "Kuu" (空) is written with the same kanji as "sky".
Old 2007-03-04, 14:30   Link #910
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A lot of people haven't seen ep9 yet, since it hasn't been subbed in English. So those of us who have seen it should probably be more careful about keeping spoilers hidden. We learn a lot about Kazuya, Kuu, Valticia, etc., in ep9, and we should keep all of that -- and speculations based on it -- hidden until the sub comes out.

I just watched a Chinese sub and loved ep9 even more. Strong and deep, as the intense discussions prove.
Spoiler for ep9:
Valticia is played by Ogata Megumi, a 40-year-old VA who was Sailor Uranus, Ikari Shinji in NGE, and the adult UFO Princess Valkyrie.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 15:01   Link #911
inaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Just admiting that he has treated Setsuna like crap doesn't mean anything. Only through actions you can redeem yourself. And Kyoshiro should at least give his life for her or something to really deserve some forgiveness. Until then he is still the biggest asshole of the series.

Which makes Kazuya my new hero, or at least he was my hero till he put his hands on Kaon. Only Himiko has the right to that.

Anyway, I'm really looking forwards to see Himiko saving everyone from Kazuya's grasp. ^^
Kazuya a hero?! no way man he's just an arse and he's so good in being one.

When Kyoshiro was young he didn't know what Kazuya was doing. Its true that Kyoshiro has to redeem himself but it does not mean that he has to die to gain it.

I mean how can u blame kyoshiro, he was just a child when Kazuya is going psycho about AA's. Kyoshiro unknowingly admired Kazuya, his arse of a brother in real life>.<

Kazuya is just one twisted bastard

He's so gay, epi. 9 was awesome but the part where Kazuya does this awkward poses is just making the show bland

I feel bad for Kyoshiro and Waru, ha!i think she was brainwashed by Kazuya, the master manipulator.
inaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 15:04   Link #912
Aurelia aurita
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just watched a Chinese sub and loved ep9 even more. Strong and deep, as the intense discussions prove.
Spoiler for ep9:
Valticia is played by Ogata Megumi, a 40-year-old VA who was Sailor Uranus, Ikari Shinji in NGE, and the adult UFO Princess Valkyrie.
She doesn't sound anything like Sailor Uranus at all and she sounds like she has a cold. Matsuoka Yuki doesn't sound much like Eva either. (That voice clip on the website you gave earlier sounds really, really weird compared to Setsuna's voice.)

Spoiler for Manga and episode 9:
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 15:34   Link #913
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaho View Post
I mean how can u blame kyoshiro, he was just a child when Kazuya is going psycho about AA's. Kyoshiro unknowingly admired Kazuya, his arse of a brother in real life>.<
Whatever happened with you in the past doesn’t justify what you do in the present. Kyoshiro is a bastard and it doesn't matter what happened with his brother when he was a child. Sure, it adds to his character development, but it doesn't justify his actions.

Kazuya is the villain, but that doesn't mean Kyoshiro is not a asshole. He is period

The question now is what he can do to redeem himself. He's not beyond redemption. I concede that!

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-03-04 at 15:45.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 16:44   Link #914
Kirramagic
twinletee twinkletee two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
That makes him her GOD, actually. Which puts him even higher up. She prays to him every morning.

But that's not point. Labels are just labels. It doesn't matter if a Sister loves God romantically or not, she will still never ever marry you and return your feelings.. period.

What matters is a substantial part of Kuu's subconscious favors Kazuya. You can argue the nature of this feeling. It doesn't matter. In the end what matters is that it hold influence over her.

Spoiler:
I meant her old memories that waruteshia buried and she's not really whole yet is she? Waruteshia hasn't actually molded into one with Kuu yet so you're not completely right.

And I don't think Kyoshiro is an asshole he was just mislead and besides he is getting better it's Kazuya who's the bad guy PERIOD!!!
Old 2007-03-04, 16:47   Link #915
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 09 - Maiden Unfullfilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
blood!!! i see flames!! T_T
ep 9 ~
Spoiler:
There are quite a few inaccuracies in your review Mr. DeathKillz, but you perfectly make clear the general idea and thanks to that I understood the episode.

Kazuya MUST be nominated as the Prince of Pimps and receive the award as the Worst (Lamest) Anime Villain of the Year. To be honest, his orgasmic quotes of poetry come to match with Leonil Taylor's hollow speeches of corniness.
Spoiler:

Talk how annoying and corny Kyoshiro sounded and acted like everytime he was addressing Kazuya this, and Kazuya that... and top it all, emulating a bastard for a brother.

I back those words, since Kazuya has arrived and bringing all of his pimpiness to the nth glory.

It is good to see that the episode showcased a different of shade on Mika which allowed me to feel for her and also making amends for her wrongdoings.
Spoiler:

Yes, I also noticed Walteishia's strange behavior.
Spoiler:

There are only three episodes left.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 18:16   Link #916
Kirramagic
twinletee twinkletee two

I have a feeling that Kuu's brooch she recieved will play a vital role for the next episode and yeah I agree with Guido about Kuu's memories.

That's a good theory a+ ^^
Old 2007-03-04, 19:27   Link #917
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
i really start to feel bad for mika sama .in the past she have gf i think but Kazuya kiss her gf .mika was feel hurt b/c that.
and know Kazuya kill mika at the end ....she really not the bad guy but Kazuya is the bad all the alond.
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 23:53   Link #918
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Am I the only one who thinks Kazuya is a great character? Not someone I want to meet in real life, but a fascinating fictional creation. I've never seen a character quite like him.
Spoiler for ep9:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 06:27   Link #919
Key Board
Carbon

No, I think he's a fun character too

But he's not the first of his kind. As I said before, he takes notes from Chikane Himemiya's school of theatricals. Her later antics will floor you, man.

You need to finish watching that show
Old 2007-03-05, 08:01   Link #920
Kirramagic
twinletee twinkletee two

And he's also similar to Akio from Utena... another pompous prince I hate XP

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen