AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-26, 08:47   Link #941
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 73:
Old 2010-10-26, 20:44   Link #942
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great chapter. I was wondering when she was going to drop the bomb. I do think Soyogi acted a little too much. She should be the last person to react to such a thing, goes to show you how much she's changed, right?

And...
Old 2010-10-26, 21:03   Link #943
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Nice chapter. It was nice to see Mike observing how interlaced Nagi is with the island, and points that out as being "inconvenient". However, I disliked the fact that they made it out as her only trying to get Nagi to answer that question for them(Shi/Soy/Kar) as opposed to actually wanting him to come back with her or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
And...
ROFL, that's probably his ONLY harem ever XD ! He lacks a tsundere though =03. And Rinne's not in the pic either =0(.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 21:18   Link #944
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Nice chapter. It was nice to see Mike observing how interlaced Nagi is with the island, and points that out as being "inconvenient". However, I disliked the fact that they made it out as her only trying to get Nagi to answer that question for them(Shi/Soy/Kar) as opposed to actually wanting him to come back with her or something.

ROFL, that's probably his ONLY harem ever XD ! He lacks a tsundere though =03. And Rinne's not in the pic either =0(.
if Mike does take them to Tokyo i get the feeling Nagi is gonna run into an old crush who is a tsundere and moves to the island afterwards.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 22:15   Link #945
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... good chapter. Once again we see that a lot more goes on in Nagi's brain than may first seem.

I dunno about "everyone going to Tokyo" though. Maybe Soyogi and Karen could in theory (although I can't see Soyogi agreeing to it and Karen is too attached to Rine, Obaa and the islanders), but I can't see any way Shizuku could....
Old 2010-10-26, 22:22   Link #946
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Imaging titties after just a glance . . .

A glorious foursome can't be far off now.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 22:57   Link #947
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
Hmm ... good chapter. Once again we see that a lot more goes on in Nagi's brain than may first seem.

I dunno about "everyone going to Tokyo" though. Maybe Soyogi and Karen could in theory (although I can't see Soyogi agreeing to it and Karen is too attached to Rine, Obaa and the islanders), but I can't see any way Shizuku could....
if it's with the dragon god then they could likely visit Tokyo. Obaa would probably make sure to have them tag along if only to try and make sure that they have Nagi come back to the island and not decide that he wants to remain in Tokyo when no one would be around to stop him.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 04:03   Link #948
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah the last part of this chapter was really nice. Also, is that foreshadowing that the gang will go to Tokyo?

Nagi remembering the bath incident was pretty classic. Can't blame him at all, really.
Old 2010-10-27, 07:22   Link #949
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think they'll leave. If they do, it'll only be so the author can get another arc out which wouldn't be unprecedented since Ai Yori Aoshi had some useless arcs in it.

And Nagi does have the best harem. Three girls, all capable of accepting each other and their situation. You can't help but be envious of him.
Old 2010-10-27, 12:15   Link #950
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Karen is a tsundere in classical sense - she was aggressive and angry towards him at first, then turned mellow.

Remember that in classical tsundere case you could be tsun only in the very beginning and then be dere all the way and it would be tsundere.

But none of them is a tsundere in nowadays tsundere understanding (where tsun and dere always interchange with each other).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 15:29   Link #951
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
if it's with the dragon god then they could likely visit Tokyo. Obaa would probably make sure to have them tag along if only to try and make sure that they have Nagi come back to the island and not decide that he wants to remain in Tokyo when no one would be around to stop him.
Hmm ... still not convinced. But that's just me, I guess.

We'll see if the story goes that route whether I am convinced or no, no doubt!

I continue to REALLY enjoy this manga, though. Prolly one of my favorites I am reading atm.
Old 2010-10-27, 16:15   Link #952
notme
団長

I think Nagi just wants to go to Tokyo to introduce his mom (well, her gravestone) to the girls.
notme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 17:18   Link #953
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
I think Nagi just wants to go to Tokyo to introduce his mom (well, her gravestone) to the girls.
Hmm ... I am not sure Nagi actually wants to go to Tokyo yet? ... but bringing the Cape Maidens to his mother's grave would certainly be something I could see him doing if they do all decide to go.

You know ... in all of this I have been wondering if (and when?) the author is going to throw in a surprise visit of Nagi's father all of a sudden.... I think that could potentially be an interesting story element. This could theoretically happen in Tokyo too - should they all decide to go.
Old 2010-10-27, 17:40   Link #954
Arturro

I don't expect nothing dramatic during their visit to Tokyo. As far as we know all 3 maidens/wifes never traveled any place far away from Island. They need to go to Tokyo to learn about environment where Dragon God was living before coming to Island, and how people are living and acting outside society where they're recognized as shrine maidens/god wifes.
One of qualities of UNM I value is slow but consequent progress of main characters relationship and their growth. It's slow, there is nothing dramatic, but it's happening in each chapter. It's more like for seinens (young adults 20-30) than shounens (teenagers). Nagi knows all the girls, he knows what motivates each one of maidens, even if he doesn't know all mysteries about them and Island. Girls, on the other hand, doesn't understand Nagi, he is still much more a Dragon God, not a teenager of their age. Each maiden should start to see Nagi as a boy, not religious figure. Yes, they're starting to love him as a man not as a good, but still him being a god is the reason why they're with him. Even with Mikes help they're not completely ready to fall for him as a human, not a god. They love him, but they're not ready to go against islanders beliefs for Nagi, maybe with Karin as an exception. IMO Mike and predicted visit in Tokyo will help the girls to recognize Nagi as a human.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 17:52   Link #955
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

I am going to separate many of Arturro's reflections with line breaks to better emphasize many of the good insights he made....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I don't expect nothing dramatic during their visit to Tokyo.

As far as we know all 3 maidens/wives never traveled any place far away from Island. They need to go to Tokyo to learn about environment where Dragon God was living before coming to Island, and how people are living and acting outside society where they're recognized as shrine maidens/god wives.
Hmm ... that's assuming they all will still go to Tokyo, of course. It is true that such a visit might help the Cape Maidens understand Nagi a little better on a human level though.

Quote:
One of qualities of UNM I value is slow but consequent progress of main characters relationship and their growth. It's slow, there is nothing dramatic, but it's happening in each chapter.

It's more like for seinens (young adults 20-30) than shounens (teenagers).

Nagi knows all the girls, he knows what motivates each one of maidens, even if he doesn't know all mysteries about them and Island.
Very good summary! I also value the same pace and progress of this work - to me it helps emphasize the way of life on the island itself.

Quote:
The girls, on the other hand, doesn't understand Nagi, he is still much more a Dragon God, not a teenager of their age.

Each maiden should start to see Nagi as a boy, not religious figure.

Yes, they're starting to love him as a man not as a good, but still him being a god is the reason why they're with him.

Even with Mike's help they're not completely ready to fall for him as a human, not a god. They love him, but they're not ready to go against islanders beliefs for Nagi, maybe with Karin as an exception.

IMO Mike and predicted visit in Tokyo will help the girls to recognize Nagi as a human.
Again a good analysis of things. It's interesting how you keep bringing up the human side of Nagi as being still opaque to the Maidens - I hadn't considered that angle of things.
Old 2010-10-27, 22:47   Link #956
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Go Nagi! Deep in that mind there are profound thoughts, and our surprise is all the Joy. Arturro:
it's right in line with All I have felt about this series. DragoZERO: I bow to your sense of history of the author...and your envy.
Shizuku has realized that all of the Maidens have the same desire."on the same page"
Where now BUT Tokyo? Location will not change the hearts of this cast, but only grow them.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 11:50   Link #957
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Come to think of it DragonZero is right ... Ai Yori Aoshi DID have some large "asides" from the original story line.

Hmph!

Okay - based on that I think I am a little more convinced of the possibility of their going to Tokyo....
Old 2010-10-28, 12:30   Link #958
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

A Tokyo arc wouldn't be the same as in Ai Yori Aoshi. I deem some of those arcs useless because you knew who the end girl was at the end, so who wanted to waste time on some ditzy glasses maid or the like.

But we have a very special dynamic in Umi no Misaki with three potential girls. Fumizuki learned a lot from Ai Yori Aoshi and it shows. I don't think a Tokyo will be useless, but we can achieve the same character development by staying on the island.

If I were Fumizuki, I'd save Tokyo for the epilogue with Shizuku.

Oh, and if there they were to go we'd lose out on volume covers like this....
Spoiler for Volume 6:
Old 2010-10-28, 12:44   Link #959
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
... I don't think a Tokyo will be useless, but we can achieve the same character development by staying on the island....
And this sums up my feelings about the whole potential Tokyo arc in a nutshell.

But who knows? Perhaps Fumizuki will surprise us with a unexpected story twist?
Old 2010-11-07, 00:25   Link #960
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Sorry for the delay in posting, but some thought was required. DragoZERO: you are quite right. I was not. It took a quote for me to see it. "Without stirring abroad, One can know the whole world; Without looking out of the window, One can see the way of heaven. The further one goes The less one knows." Lao Tzu
Yeah, I know he's Chinese.
And I EXPECT a story twist. The author leads us like delighted children through this tale.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen