AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-25, 00:38   Link #14401
killer3000ad

Four Aussie ISPs to censor internet in July

CURSE YOU OPTUS! I am switching to TPG next year if they go ahead with this bovine excrement of a plan. The worst part is, the Australian government dropped funding for the plan but these companies decided to go ahead on their volition.
Old 2011-06-25, 00:51   Link #14402
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Four Aussie ISPs to censor internet in July

CURSE YOU OPTUS! I am switching to TPG next year if they go ahead with this bovine excrement of a plan. The worst part is, the Australian government dropped funding for the plan but these companies decided to go ahead on their volition.
USA will follow you soon....... afterall USA is considered the most backwater nation among the 'progressive' western countries like sweden, denmark, australia... and some people in the U.S. don't wanna be left behind with the countries i mentioned...
Old 2011-06-25, 03:21   Link #14403
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Well, the article states that this is not Delta's fault. Its because of the laws in Saudi Arabia. Under these circumstances I wonder what a jew or christian wants in Saudi Arabia anyway (you know... like travelling in a country where you are not wanted, where the only thing you can do is provoke the locals... even if Saudi Arabia wanted to have other laws, it couldn't realize them in reality, because of the large amounts of closet (and open) extremists in this country).
Old 2011-06-25, 03:30   Link #14404
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Well, the article states that this is not Delta's fault. Its because of the laws in Saudi Arabia. Under these circumstances I wonder what a jew or christian wants in Saudi Arabia anyway (you know... like travelling in a country where you are not wanted, where the only thing you can do is provoke the locals... even if Saudi Arabia wanted to have other laws, it couldn't realize them in reality, because of the large amounts of closet (and open) extremists in this country).
Mossad probably wants in to track the extremists. They won't be the first anyway, I think Malaysia bans Israeli stamps and passports too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-25, 03:45   Link #14405
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Hezbollah says finds three spies within group
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75N5BR20110624
His Hezbollah's leader trying to hide something by focussing the attention on that?
Old 2011-06-25, 04:14   Link #14406
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Hezbollah says finds three spies within group
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75N5BR20110624
His Hezbollah's leader trying to hide something by focussing the attention on that?
The Mossad already has sayanims within their ranks. CIA is using their own people because they don't trust the Israelis due to the distrust caused by Obama stupidly calling for the regression to the 1967 lines, but as we all know, the CIA fails big time at HUMINT because it is simply recruiting satellite-addicts instead of social engineers like Mossad.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-25, 04:16   Link #14407
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
USA will follow you soon....... afterall USA is considered the most backwater nation among the 'progressive' western countries like sweden, denmark, australia... and some people in the U.S. don't wanna be left behind with the countries i mentioned...
Fortunately companies like Google and Microsoft, who are hugely vested in an uncensored internet (makes them moneeey), would fight tooth and nail to prevent that from happening.
Old 2011-06-25, 04:35   Link #14408
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The Exchange: What's next for Wall Street's greed machine? (6:48)

Quote:
June 24 - Rob Cox and ProPublica Senior Reporter Jesse Eisinger discuss JPMorgan's recent settlement with the SEC, future Wall Street prosecutions and whether GS boss Lloyd Blankfein's job is secure.
Like I posted in the Silly News thread, Goldman and JPMC were fined pittances in reference to the bad deals they push into other people's hands.

P.S You can ignore the interviewer's lack of knowledge of how the things work (as shown in the incessant interruptions at the end). Just listen to the 2 editors.

Bill Clinton's 14 Big Ideas To Save The Economy

I am still researching how this is going to work actually. Comments later.

Old 2011-06-25, 09:11   Link #14409
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The Mossad already has sayanims within their ranks. CIA is using their own people because they don't trust the Israelis due to the distrust caused by Obama stupidly calling for the regression to the 1967 lines, but as we all know, the CIA fails big time at HUMINT because it is simply recruiting satellite-addicts instead of social engineers like Mossad.
That's been US policy on Israel. The only change was in relation to land swaps. Also the CIA has never trusted the Israelis as Israel tends to do a lot of spying on the US, on the level of China and the Soviets. Not to mention incidents like the USS Liberty or selling US avionics to China. Finally, things "we all know" tend to be wrong more often than people realize.
Old 2011-06-25, 09:19   Link #14410
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Bill Clinton's 14 Big Ideas To Save The Economy

I am still researching how this is going to work actually. Comments later.
Clinton's a smart guy. I see nothing wrong with anything he reccomends. I'd say Clinton was probably the best president the US had in the last 30/40 years.
Old 2011-06-25, 14:39   Link #14411
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-syndrome.html

Ryan Cleary, the Essed teenager accused of a hacking attack against the website of the UK's Serious Organised Crime Agency has been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, since his arrest.
is Asperger syndrome the UK ver of the Twinkies Defense?
Old 2011-06-25, 15:10   Link #14412
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is Asperger syndrome the UK ver of the Twinkies Defense?
It is a very syllogistic effect of psychology, and USUALLY it applies.

Many of those born with such mental defects are known to have been incredibly smart but horrendous with social skills, thus they spend most of their time honing their mental abilities and skills. He took the path of a hacker to sate his curiosity, so he should be let off the hook with some counselling.

Old 2011-06-25, 18:55   Link #14413
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
It is a very syllogistic effect of psychology, and USUALLY it applies.

Many of those born with such mental defects are known to have been incredibly smart but horrendous with social skills, thus they spend most of their time honing their mental abilities and skills. He took the path of a hacker to sate his curiosity, so he should be let off the hook with some counselling.
Seems very convenient for him to be diagnose only after he got caught. And that his lawyer is the same as the other hacker who claim to have asperger
Old 2011-06-25, 22:08   Link #14414
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

LulzSec hackers say disbanding after last data dump
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75P05I20110626
Old 2011-06-26, 02:35   Link #14415
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Seems very convenient for him to be diagnose only after he got caught. And that his lawyer is the same as the other hacker who claim to have asperger
Most of these cases go undiagnosed because most people think it is a social problem, not a mental disability. I myself was diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of 20, and most people don't just see my inability to comprehend speech as a possible mental disability - they attribute to "regular excuses" like laziness, etc (it is partially laziness though, since, 75% of the people I talk to IRL include 99% garbage in their words).

Something has to happen to bring attention to important issues , namely open a can of whoop-ass on ignorance. Like this :

Quote:
(Reuters) - The Lulz Security group of rogue hackers announced it was disbanding on Saturday with one last data dump, which included internal AOL Inc and AT&T documents.

LulzSec, which gained wide recognition for breaching the websites of Sony Corp, the CIA and a British police unit among other targets, said in a statement that it had accomplished its mission to disrupt corporate and government bodies for entertainment.

"Our planned 50 day cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the distance, leaving behind -- we hope -- inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment, thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love," the group said.

Known for irreverence and a fondness for naval metaphors, the hacker group took to Twitter -- the microblogging site where it had more than 277,000 followers -- to release its statement.

A link to the release also was posted on www.lulzsecurity.com but there was no way to independently contact the group to confirm the release.

The abrupt dissolution came a few days after LulzSec threatened to escalate its cyberattacks and steal classified information from governments, banks and other major establishments.

LulzSec also had said it was teaming up with the Anonymous hacker activist group to cause more serious trouble.

"... Our planned 50-day cruise has expired," the hackers said in their statement, "and we must now sail into the distance, leaving behind -- we hope -- inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment, thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love. If anything, we hope we had a microscopic impact on someone, somewhere. Anywhere."

CLOSING IN?

In what could be a sign that cyber police were making progress toward shutting down LulzSec, British police said on Tuesday they had arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion that he was connected to the attacks on Sony, the CIA and a British police unit that fights organized crime.

London police declined to say if the teenager was a member of LulzSec but the hacking group said on Twitter that he had hosted one of its chatrooms on his computer server.

The arrest came after Spanish police earlier this month apprehended three men on suspicion they helped Anonymous.

So far LulzSec's publicized assaults have mostly resulted in temporary disruptions of some websites and the release of user credentials.

The data the group released Saturday was a mixed bag.

Reuters was not able to access all of the files but those that were available included a list of routers -- devices that handle Internet traffic -- and their passwords, as well as account information for an Irish private investigation service. The AOL documents appeared to be elements of an internal technical manual.

A file list on a download site indicated there also was some AT&T internal data in the dump, although the nature of that data was not immediately clear.

AOL was not immediately available for comment, while an AT&T spokesman did not have immediate comment.
EDIT : I got their final letter. It's keyed like most other hacking group letters - in good, unadulterated English.

Spoiler for LulzSec's Manifesto:

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-06-26 at 05:10.
Old 2011-06-26, 08:25   Link #14416
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:

EDIT : I got their final letter. It's keyed like most other hacking group letters - in good, unadulterated English.

Spoiler for LulzSec's Manifesto:
Never liked Lulzsec, good riddance. When they started leaking people's emails and passwords I stopped having much respect for them (IE I never had much respect for them).
Old 2011-06-26, 08:28   Link #14417
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Most of these cases go undiagnosed because most people think it is a social problem, not a mental disability. I myself was diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of 20, and most people don't just see my inability to comprehend speech as a possible mental disability - they attribute to "regular excuses" like laziness, etc (it is partially laziness though, since, 75% of the people I talk to IRL include 99% garbage in their words).

Well, there are many ways the neurons can misfire. Diagnosis is not consistent even by experts in the same field. GL with the general population.
Old 2011-06-26, 08:54   Link #14418
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Never liked Lulzsec, good riddance. When they started leaking people's emails and passwords I stopped having much respect for them (IE I never had much respect for them).
It is good that they leaked emails and such - it is basically proof of how people don't treat their passwords and security with respect.

Read through their datadumps - you would see that most of the people don't choose strong passwords and rely on the system's algorithms, which are in turn, maintained not by computer engineers, but accountants.

Old 2011-06-26, 09:36   Link #14419
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
It is good that they leaked emails and such - it is basically proof of how people don't treat their passwords and security with respect.

Read through their datadumps - you would see that most of the people don't choose strong passwords and rely on the system's algorithms, which are in turn, maintained not by computer engineers, but accountants.
It's not those passwords I mind, it's them leaking passwords of normal people : E.g. After the PSN leak my email got hacked. I'd be much more conducive to supporting their cause if my email didn't get hacked because of it.

I'm all for the leaking of contreversial emails, or hacking the FBI, but a lot of the stuff they did was just petty. Like hacking Bethesda, or Eve Online. But they're just in it for the Lulz, and they don't care about the trouble it gives people to leak their email addresses and passwords publically, and that's normal people i'm talking about.
Old 2011-06-26, 11:07   Link #14420
Asuras
Dictadere~!

"US schools still ahead- Way ahead."

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international