AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 08:38   Link #29861
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I used to agree, but I now go with the idea that Byakushiki uses an application of Reiraku Byakuya(which "destroys" energy) on Yukihira. That or Reiraku Byakuya is derived from Yukihira...

Either way, the energy consumption is either much too high that it drains the shield energy... or it works like Touma's ImagineBreaker. The Reiraku Byakuya destroys energy but since it surrounds the Byakushiki as well...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:41   Link #29862
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Well, that one was supported by canon since Reiryaku Byakuya explicitly drain shield like crazy just like usage of Yukihira. Note that thruster and almost every energy weapon drains energy as well (though at smaller quantities).
Old 2012-04-23, 08:45   Link #29863
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Also... am I the only one who subscribes to the idea that shield energy is separate from Absolute defense?

I mean that even if shield drops to 0, as long as absolute defense has yet to trigger and drain the unit of its remaining energy, it can still keep functioning. I use this reasoning in explaining how Ichika could still fight despite his shield dropping to zero during the tourney match with Laura.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:46   Link #29864
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Would Ichika have the tendency to use Reiryaku Byakuya in conjunction with a full-out thrust? Because I can just imagine someone being a wee bit witty, sidestepping out of the way and having him charge into a wall. (Super Thrust = Non-existant turning control)
Old 2012-04-23, 08:47   Link #29865
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno, absolute defense just seem there until it's destroyed. Charl keep jackhammering Laura in spite of shield already reduced to 0, whereas Houki's Uchigane instantly shutdown the moment shield point hits 0.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:50   Link #29866
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I reasoned for Houki that Charlotte's spray might have activated the absolute defense after already punching through the shield. It's just that the counter takes a bit to catch up with the actual energy count.

Laura has the VT system handwave treatment

@stratos: I can't help but get GSD references from that...

EDIT: Also about the forced deactivation. There's probably a failsafe mechanism that doesn't return an IS unit to its closed state until it realizes that the pilot is in a non-combative/non-dangerous situation anymore... though how that works... yeah...
Old 2012-04-23, 09:04   Link #29867
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@stratos: I can't help but get GSD references from that...
...Eh? That's unintentional. It just flashed into my mind...

Also, what's the probabilty of another proficient sword user winning a duel against the Byakushiki? (Someone that's not Chifuyu that is)
Old 2012-04-23, 09:07   Link #29868
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I believe Akatsubaki and Shenlong had that covered...
Old 2012-04-23, 09:13   Link #29869
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Uchigane users? Non-custom units?
Old 2012-04-23, 09:14   Link #29870
demino_hellsin
That one guy

almost nil. For one thing, Byakushiki flies over them.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:21   Link #29871
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Guess I could come up with a way for a character to counter that. Not flying, just having the reflex and raw strength to utilize the full capabilities of the Uchigane's mobility.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:23   Link #29872
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Compared to most other IS, Uchigane aren't very fast. It'll probably boil down to the pilot's skill as well as the tuning of the unit. Maybe even strategy. But that's just my opinion.
Old 2012-04-23, 09:28   Link #29873
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

More towards the former for this case. I don't think any student can just tune an Uchigane as they please.
Old 2012-04-24, 04:15   Link #29874
DarkJak2050

Question about everyone's Characters.

It's said that a person's ABO blood type in Japanese Culture is predictive of his/her personality. There are 4 different blood types; A, B, AB and O. And each blood type contains the following Best/Worst personalities:
Spoiler for Blood Type A:

Spoiler for Blood Type B:

Spoiler for Blood Type AB:

Spoiler for Blood Type O:

So my question is, what is your character's blood type based on this personality chart?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 05:25   Link #29875
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Think IS can withstand an instantaneous shift in gravity? I mean it's strong enough and fast enough to condense water vapor in the air before water vapor can escape the vicinity
Old 2012-04-24, 05:47   Link #29876
Eratas123

Can you clarify?
Old 2012-04-24, 06:03   Link #29877
demino_hellsin
That one guy

A mechanism that creates a specific gravity field for a passing second... maybe even a fraction of it. However it's like the gravity suddenly multiplied by 100,000 in that passing time and only to the localized area.

If the IS would be caught in that... would it come out undamaged due to PIC? or would even PIC not be able to handle it? I want secondary opinions since personally, I don't expect it to be in any condition to even stand after that
Old 2012-04-24, 06:40   Link #29878
Eratas123

Nevermind, I was always bad at anime physics. Just ask senpai when he comes here.
Old 2012-04-24, 06:57   Link #29879
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
By theory, it could. It's working scheme is inverse of AIC, by increasing inertial Mass. 100 thousand might be a bit too much though.

Dark!Arata's I.S. (Thanatos) supposed to have this power plus extremely potent anti-gravity mechanism, which mean it could pretty much yank and tear through anything by manipulating it's partial mass and strong repulsion force, and has impressive defensive capability second only to AIC... without the weak-sauce weakness that is lazor.

Think Deva path of Naruto's Pain.... assuming you watched that far of course
Old 2012-04-24, 07:01   Link #29880
Eratas123

Is an auomoated IS functionally weaker than a piloted one?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest