AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 221 & 222
091 - 100: Amazing... 4 28.57%
081 - 090: Great... 2 14.29%
071 - 080: Very Good... 4 28.57%
061 - 070: Good... 3 21.43%
051 - 060: Average... 1 7.14%
041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Tortuous... 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-07-28, 08:04   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 221 & 222 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Episode 221:
Storage - 蔵入り ~ Kurairi.

Episode 222:
tba - tba ~ tba.

Description:

Episode 221:
Animation Supervisor: Naoki Takahashi (207, 199, 188) & Yumenosuke Tokuda (218, 215, 212)
Storyboard: Yutaka Kagawa (208, 155, 146)
Episode Director: Naoki Horiuchi (207, 199, 188)
Screenplay: Masahiro Hikokubo (220, 219, 218)

Episode 222:
Animation Supervisor: Ik-Hyun Eum (214, 205, 185)
Storyboard & Episode Director: Kiyomu Fukuda (214, 205, 185)
Screenplay: Shin Yoshida (216, 215, 210)

The Young Man and the Sea - 青年と海 ~ Seinen to Umi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 08:40   Link #2
Jerseykid

Kabuto is bad ass, I am so happy he still remains. Now tell us what was in the sixth coffin!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 11:24   Link #3
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
Did episode 222 deviate from manga quite a bit?

one or two things I thought were different was:-

Sakura thought to herself `If sasuke and naruto were both dieing who would i try to save first?' - Was that in manga?

And the other part when those two were selling concert tickets for bee - was that in it?

If so what chapter?

Otherwise good episode
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 12:39   Link #4
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie View Post
Did episode 222 deviate from manga quite a bit?

one or two things I thought were different was:-

Sakura thought to herself `If sasuke and naruto were both dieing who would i try to save first?' - Was that in manga?

And the other part when those two were selling concert tickets for bee - was that in it?

If so what chapter?

Otherwise good episode
Those were filler. Although the good kind. The anime is at its best when it interweaves canon and filler. Filler is a given when you have to pad a 22 minute episode. 17 manga pages aren't enough. I thought the added stuff with Sakura and Shikamaru was good since it showed what the kids are going through now that they are facing war. And those two are the closest to Naruto.

Another thing that was added was Tsunade requesting A ask Kirabi to train Naruto. Again, it makes perfect sense with the manga.

And comedy was needed to lighten all the Madara, Kabuto and war stuff, so Omoi and Karui provided that with the concert tickets.

Now next week looks to be 90% filler and 10% canon. But who cares if it is enjoyable?
Old 2011-07-28, 12:47   Link #5
Bombo
TSF Fans

I love the new theme with that corpse <3

btw did they change VA for kabuto or this my imaging?
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 12:51   Link #6
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ It felt like Kabuto had a different VA.

The question of who would Sakura save first, if both Naruto and Sasuke were injured, has been asked numerous times on many forums. Total shipper question. But for some reason I'd say she would go to Naruto. Only out of pity.

And just based on the anime, that coffin really feels like it is Madara's real body. It felt more like Kabuto was blackmailing than scaring him.

Shikamaru looks pretty damn snazzy in that outfit. It goes well with what Temari is wearing now. It should be his default outfit instead of the Konoha vest.

So next week is a filler arc with Naruto at sea?

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

I'll pass.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:12   Link #7
Crimson Reaper

So...next week Mako Tsunami guest stars?

A good double episode I must say. The anime team did a good job of filling in the minutes between the manga scenes. Some fav moments of mine included Naruto choking on a toad and B coming up with 'Dattebayo' before discarding it as lame. Plus any episode with Anko is always good, she's so under used it's a crime.

But I really want to know who was in that last coffin!! Kabuto is making for a better Orochimaru then Orochimaru himself!
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:52   Link #8
lousylaus

I am absolutely flabbergasted by what Sakura said/thought. Holy ****, I cannot believe this! It's Infuriating.

Already didn't like her but thanks anime team for making me absolutely detest her with a burning passion.

And even if Sasuke wasn't the murdering maniac that he already is, who tried to kill her btw and is threatening everything she "apparantly" cares about from her home to her friends, who the hell asks herself who to save between two important persons. Logically you'd try to save both and not tell yourself who'd you pick to live or die.

And no I am not some kind of "shipper". Doesn't need to be one to see how terrible this character is.

Last edited by lousylaus; 2011-07-28 at 18:25.
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 15:40   Link #9
Fran~
floating away...

I loled so hard with Bee's extra scenes (i called them extra scenes and not fillers)... the concert joke was hilarious with Omoi, Karui and Raikage

About Sakura's scene, i don't know, i believe that for us it's really a bad idea to came with those silly questions, but i think that in Japan they really like the shipping thing

Ah... the scene when Kabuto presented the last zombie to Madara was really great. I wait too much to watch Madara's reaction.

I can't take out of my mind Bee's get up for the concert and Omoi's crazy ideas
Old 2011-07-28, 15:48   Link #10
Ero-Senn1n

The filler part where she thinks about who she would save first, Naruto or Sasuke, is just ridiculous. Sasuke tried to kill her, and she tried to kill him too, while Naruto saved her from Sasuke. Why would she ever consider helping Sasuke instead of Naruto, this is nonsense even in case of Sakura. This is the only filler that the anime team screwed up, all else was good fillers.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 15:52   Link #11
Fran~
floating away...

Because anime team think that SasuSaku can't be forgotten by their fans. It's the same with Hinata's brief lines.

So sad for us... but... business are business.
Old 2011-07-28, 18:16   Link #12
Baragan

Hey did any1 notice narutos poster in killer B's room in episode 222 and plus we now know "that jutsu" is not the kyubi cloak but something only the fourth hokage mastered.
Baragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 18:31   Link #13
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The filler part where she thinks about who she would save first, Naruto or Sasuke, is just ridiculous. Sasuke tried to kill her, and she tried to kill him too, while Naruto saved her from Sasuke. Why would she ever consider helping Sasuke instead of Naruto, this is nonsense even in case of Sakura. This is the only filler that the anime team screwed up, all else was good fillers.
Yes, not to mention it was completely in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tsunade tells her this will be a war unlike anything ever seen before, Sakura worries about having to fight Sasuke. The nurse describes how nothing can prepare her for the true horrors of war, Sakura wonders random shit about Naruto and Sasuke; rest of the world can go to hell in other words.

As if Kishi didn't already murder and finish off her character when she confessed to Naruto, backstabbed her team-mates, tried to kill Sasuke and almost got Naruto killed instead. Even if the anime team try to further mutilate her character, they are literally beating a dead horse.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 05:41   Link #14
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baragan View Post
Hey did any1 notice narutos poster in killer B's room in episode 222
It's advertising for the new movie. It's not the first time they do this either.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 09:06   Link #15
Miky617

There are only 3 ppl that could get that kind of response out of Madara hiding in the coffin.

1)Sage of the Six Paths (if it's this guy, then why does Kabuto even need Madara?)
2)Izuma Uchiha (Madara's Brother)
3)Chuck Norris (any explanation? Once again, if it's Chuck, who needs Madara?)
Miky617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 09:14   Link #16
Akashin

My guess has always been that it's Izuna. Though, beyond clearing up the issue on whether Izuna donated his eyes or if they were ripped out, I'm not sure what his revival could mean for Madara.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 09:18   Link #17
HasuMasu
*Artist

Izuna? That would be weird.

Edo Tensei revives them as they were before the died.

Then, wouldn't he just be an eyeless deadguy?

Why would kabuto need a blind dude...
Old 2011-07-29, 13:04   Link #18
Jerseykid

the key words for me were "that" "I haven't told anyone about this" and "vessel"

also when madara's arm was damaged in another episode and it went white

All that supports it being madara's real body in the coffin
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 13:25   Link #19
Akashin

Arm turned white? Maybe it's because I only follow the manga, but I don't recall this at all. For that matter, I've been sort of scratching my head over why any body but the one he's using is his "real body".

If it's not too much trouble, do you mind referring me to the white arm thing?
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 13:44   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Why are you guys talking aboutt manga?

Tags
weekly episode discussion