AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 23:02   Link #621
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hmm... I think it won't end soon (or at least the next volume), because there is still quite a bit left to do.

-Defeat Joseph
-Revelation of the "Holy Land"
-Elves
-Pope and his idiotic plan
-Saito and his world

Also, the author says that there is still more to go for the series in the afternotes.
Of course, he doesn't necessarily have to go through it all.

Though I do want the series to end with Saito going back and staying in his world.

Though from the end of volume 13 (since Saito didn't actually go back to his world yet), possibly:

-Saito goes back to his world and comes back <--...Kind of don't want this...
-Saito stays in his world and the story focuses on the remaining characters
-Julio lies and Saito doesn't make it back to his world <--Why is it that this seems likely...
-The World Door doesn't work/Pope does something...
So the author says there's still moe to go....well I guess that menas no one can gimme a estimate based on their knowledge of how many more novels could be writen before ending the series...

Also great Job on the translation Serenade haven't read them yet, but I plan on it once the chapter's finished.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 23:20   Link #622
Matt122005

The problem is that vol. 5 is only 3 chapters. But each chapter has 4 parts to it. The first 2 parts of ch. 1 are done, available on Baka-Tsuki, and part 3 is being translated now.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 06:07   Link #623
asclepios

Quote:
Phew, finally done with all of the volumes.

Spoiler for thoughts on volumes 7-13:

Spoiler for a few character thoughts:

There was a short one posted pages back, but here's a longer one from me now that I'm done with the volume:

Spoiler for volume 13 summary:

Last thing:

If someone from Baka-Tsuki is here, two corrections on the titles:

The Flame Red Jewel of Atonement --> The Ruby of Atonement
It does indeed say "Flame Red Jewel", but the furigana above the kanji says "Ruby".
I guess it's more of a translator's choice.

The Door of the Holy Land --> The Holy Country's World Door/The World Door of the Holy Country
聖国の世界扉
This is more of a mistake.
国=Country
世界扉=Definitely is "World Door"
Thank you for those wondeful summaries;i have a few question about Tabitha(my fav. pers. fem.) but first:who is the hero of ivaldi-someone who really existed or just a tale?And who does compare him to Saito,just you or someone in the novel?
asclepios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 06:11   Link #624
asclepios

and now about Tabitha:
1-How was she rescued?Did guiche and momon managed to get useful for once or was it all Saito and Louise void power again?Didn't Joseph expected her friend to show up?I toughj he would use her as a bait
Old 2008-03-08, 06:19   Link #625
asclepios

2-and i almost forgetted the most important:why does she alwais appear when Saito and louise seem to"get in a good mood",did she does it intentionnaly?Since when did she fall for Saito(if that's the case)and why-did something appened when he rescued her?And it is why she almost get in a fight with louise when siesta had to separe them(i know she kissed him but i tough it was just to make Louise jealous so she could use her power against the golem)?
(sorry if my english suck,hope i was understood).
Old 2008-03-08, 09:16   Link #626
DeotoxSlayer

erm......you shouldn't triple post, just edit your first post.
Old 2008-03-08, 11:47   Link #627
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by asclepios View Post
Thank you for those wondeful summaries;i have a few question about Tabitha(my fav. pers. fem.) but first:who is the hero of ivaldi-someone who really existed or just a tale?And who does compare him to Saito,just you or someone in the novel?
Hero of Ivaldi is just a tale, and Ivaldi himself isn't real.
The novel doesn't directly compare to Saito to him out loud, but while Saito was preparing to rescue her, she was reading the book to her mother, and the events in the book were similar to the ones in real life, just different situations (like in the book, Ivaldi had to face a dragon while Saito faced an Elf, but both to rescue a girl).

Quote:
and now about Tabitha:
1-How was she rescued?Did guiche and momon managed to get useful for once or was it all Saito and Louise void power again?Didn't Joseph expected her friend to show up?I toughj he would use her as a bait
Tabitha was imprisoned in a castle and the Elf was placed to guard her. The group bought all the wine available near the castle (causing others not to get it) and came to the castle. The soldiers really wanted wine, so they didn't really put up much of a fight and let them in. The girls danced while the soldiers drank the wine, not knowing that it was drugged with a sleeping potion (made by Monmon). There was also a guy in charge of the place, but Kirche took care of him.
After the soldiers fell asleep, the group goes to rescue Tabitha, but of course, the Elf (name feels too hard to type...) appears. And his wonderful "Counter" magic repels all attacks. They managed to win when Louise casted her "Dispel Magic" on Derflinger, and Saito swung it at the Elf. The "Dispel Magic" removed the barrier.
The Elf retreated after seeing this "Demon's/Satan's power" as the Elves call Void.
Guiche and others were useful for other things during the operation to save Tabitha, but only Saito/Louise were useful against the Elf.

I guess maybe Joseph thought that the Elf was strong enough to defeat any intruders.

Quote:
2-and i almost forgetted the most important:why does she alwais appear when Saito and louise seem to"get in a good mood",did she does it intentionnaly?Since when did she fall for Saito(if that's the case)and why-did something appened when he rescued her?And it is why she almost get in a fight with louise when siesta had to separe them(i know she kissed him but i tough it was just to make Louise jealous so she could use her power against the golem)?
(sorry if my english suck,hope i was understood).
She fell for him ever since being rescued from the castle. Ever since then, she had been very helpful towards Saito (much more cooperative than before), teaching him how to read the words from this world and such.
As for if she interrupts them purposely... Don't know. She had reason to stop them because Colbert was right in the doorway watching them.
It seems she's thinking more like "serve him with her life" rather than "try to win his love". She also rescued him when he was about to be discovered by the girls during the peeking incident (only to faint later because she was afraid of ghosts...)
She got into a fight with Louise because she planned to stay in Saito's room while Louise didn't want that...
Not like she could win against the other two girls...
And because she's so tiny, Saito tends to painfully wonder if it's okay to get excited from such a small girl...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 19:47   Link #628
hchuang

The main thing in the arsenal includes a famed Tiger tank. Though it would be interesting to see how Saito would use it because he can't operate a tank without a full crew of 5.
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 19:49   Link #629
TigerII
Pilot in Training

*Cough* Tiger II *Cough*

TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 20:53   Link #630
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Spoiler for void:
Is there any prerqusite for becoming a Void Sorceror, I mean all of them seem to be of Royal blood, except Louise, also what do the Ruby of's represent, why does Tiffania not have a familiar, do all Void Sorceror's familiars have to be humans, and finally(sorry for all the questions) can you give me any information that was revealed on "The Founder" Brimir.
Old 2008-03-08, 21:36   Link #631
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchuang View Post
The main thing in the arsenal includes a famed Tiger tank. Though it would be interesting to see how Saito would use it because he can't operate a tank without a full crew of 5.
im sure guiche, marcone, and some of the other undine knights will learn when saito helps them out a bit.....assuming they dont blow themselves into oblivion learning how the weapons and machine gunz work
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 22:14   Link #632
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Is there any prerqusite for becoming a Void Sorceror, I mean all of them seem to be of Royal blood, except Louise, also what do the Ruby of's represent, why does Tiffania not have a familiar, do all Void Sorceror's familiars have to be humans, and finally(sorry for all the questions) can you give me any information that was revealed on "The Founder" Brimir.
I don't think there are any prerequisites, though it seems that all of the Void mages had a period like Louise where they couldn't do any magic successfully (especially Joseph...) until they realized they could use Void.
Royal Blood does seems be needed though... Considering the greatness of the Vallieres, it isn't impossible for her to have some amount of blood of royalty.

The rubies are the keys to unlocking the spells in the Prayer Book. Void mages can only find spells in it while wearing it. Not sure whether the elements represent their countries. Though Wind logically belongs to Albion.
It's said to be made from the Founder's blood...

Tiffania doesn't have a familiar, because she's lived her whole life in a forest (pretty much) and never went through that Summon Servant ceremony.
If she wants to, I'm sure she'll get a human familiar.

Since all of the rest are humans, I think they all are.

The founder...
Not really much. Just that collecting Void (4 mages, 4 familiars, 4 rings, 4 treaures) unlocks the door to the Holy Land. To the humans, Brimir is all mighty (to the point of religion) and her power a legend, while the Elves consider her power demonic and the gate to the Holy Land as "Satan's Gate".
The only one who possibly knows anything about Brimir is Derflinger, but his memory has rusted...
Or is there a reason why it's rusted...

There are four treaures of the Founder as well, once again, split into four countires:.
Prayer Book (Tristain)
Orgal (Albion)
Censer (Gallia)
Which leaves Romaria. Not sure, but maybe that mirror of the Popes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchuang View Post
Maybe Saito will use it to blow apart the Jormungants... (Apparently, the name is based off Jörmungandr, but the last syllable is different)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-08, 22:48   Link #633
DeotoxSlayer

Thanks for answering all my question Serenade. So just confirm these for me there's no real proof that Brimir even existed, if anyone wants to go to the Holy Land then Tiffania would have to get a familiar first, the rubies were apparently made out of Brimir's blood.

So I have three more questions where do the elves live, Does each Ruby only give the owner acess to a section of spell, or do they give them the ability to read all the spells, and is there any info what so ever on the Holy Land (or Satan's Gate if you prefer).

EDIT: sorry just 1 more question for you in the Novel it was said that the founder's familiar was the Gandalfr, so i'm wondering if any of the other 3 void familiars had any connection to Brimir, and also is there a reason that Deflinger's memory has rusted, and how was he connected to Brimir.

Again, i'm really sorry bout all the questions, i'm just quite curious about the Novels since J.C messed up the Anime.
Old 2008-03-08, 23:08   Link #634
gabbytay
Banned

Maybe earth itself is the Holy land/Satan's gate? and if indeed earth is the holy land, the pope might try to conquer it which is really stupid. Lol 1 ICMB will take care of the problem
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 23:49   Link #635
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Thanks for answering all my question Serenade. So just confirm these for me there's no real proof that Brimir even existed, if anyone wants to go to the Holy Land then Tiffania would have to get a familiar first, the rubies were apparently made out of Brimir's blood.

So I have three more questions where do the elves live, Does each Ruby only give the owner acess to a section of spell, or do they give them the ability to read all the spells, and is there any info what so ever on the Holy Land (or Satan's Gate if you prefer).

EDIT: sorry just 1 more question for you in the Novel it was said that the founder's familiar was the Gandalfr, so i'm wondering if any of the other 3 void familiars had any connection to Brimir, and also is there a reason that Deflinger's memory has rusted, and how was he connected to Brimir.

Again, i'm really sorry bout all the questions, i'm just quite curious about the Novels since J.C messed up the Anime.
There's no 100% concrete proof, but it is highly likely Brimir existed (proof is Void). Just that it's possible that Brimir isn't what everyone thinks he/she is.
Yeah, seems Tiffania would need to get a familiar first.
Come to think of it, it is highly likely the last familiar has some ability to do with the human heart.
We have "Arms and Weapons" and the opposite of "Magic Items". So "Beast Taming's" opposite is... human heart?
Supposedly, the rubies are made of Brimir's blood.

The Elves live in a place called the "Sahara". Nothing specific is known about this place.
The rubies have to be worn to see spells, but the spells each Void mage can see are different. So the rubies are not so important for the spells learned as the person is. So Louise will not be able to see "World Door", but only she can see "Explosion" or "Dispel Magic." Also, the spells will only appear when the time is right. Though after seeing it once, the mage can use it over and over again without the book.

About the Holy Land:

-Many items from Saito's world was found near this place, according to Julio
-A hint on the way to get back to Saito's world might be found here, according to the Pope.
-6000 years ago (at the same time of Brimir's decent), the land brought forth a great disaster and was sealed. But recently, it has shown activity again (most likely because of the awakening and activity of the present-day Voids).
Random note, but from previous wars between Elves and Humans, it has shown that it takes around 10 humans to defeat 1 Elf.

It seems all four Void familiars fought alongside Brimir.
The reason Derflinger gives for his rusted memory is time passage, but it is unknown whether there are any other reasons.
Derflinger is connected to Brimir in the fact that he was the sword used by the previous Gandalf.

Old 2008-03-09, 14:49   Link #636
Vertiful

Just wanted to conform the fact that Luise has royal blood as mentioned by Henrietta in volume 4
Vertiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 16:33   Link #637
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Maybe earth itself is the Holy land/Satan's gate? and if indeed earth is the holy land, the pope might try to conquer it which is really stupid. Lol 1 ICMB will take care of the problem
if earth is the holyland an the forces of halkegnia try to conquer it, they'll get some holy hell fire from our machine guns,heavy artillery, and explosives...an thats if they survive the missles
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 16:45   Link #638
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Pff, we humans may kill each other now, but if those from another plane of existence came, you could bet we would unite. Just think of an alliance that consisted of the PLA, US, Russian, and EU...

And if they think they are going to use the vehicles that came from our time years ago..lolz.

The Tiger II was a beast...sisty years ago. Now the old Soviet T-72s could waste them.

It would be a massacre if they tried to fight our plane of existence. While magic is great and all, our technology would rape. An ICBM wouldn't even be needed. Just use a few Daisy Cutters or Cluster Bombs and its all over.

That is one reason I kinda hope we will have an alien invasion. It would unite us. I mean sure we would probably all be killed or turned into slaves, but for one brief moment in our history, we could honestly say the human race was united as one, lol.
Old 2008-03-09, 20:33   Link #639
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Pff, we humans may kill each other now, but if those from another plane of existence came, you could bet we would unite. Just think of an alliance that consisted of the PLA, US, Russian, and EU...

And if they think they are going to use the vehicles that came from our time years ago..lolz.

The Tiger II was a beast...sisty years ago. Now the old Soviet T-72s could waste them.

It would be a massacre if they tried to fight our plane of existence. While magic is great and all, our technology would rape. An ICBM wouldn't even be needed. Just use a few Daisy Cutters or Cluster Bombs and its all over.

That is one reason I kinda hope we will have an alien invasion. It would unite us. I mean sure we would probably all be killed or turned into slaves, but for one brief moment in our history, we could honestly say the human race was united as one, lol.
They would have to convince themselves to be an creditable military force in the first place and not mistaken for some medival cosplay-renfare thing and get arrested by the police .

Remember, average 10% of the population are noble mages with dragon support. Rest are 18th century archer/cannonteer whatever. In theory an well armed army brigade from any of the Industrial nations can hold them off.

If an poorly made Japanese warplane can make mincemeat out of an entire flight of Dragon Mages, I don't want to see what the Royal Airforce/American Air force can do.

Finally, Magic don't work in this world. So that really leave an army of cos-players against...say the USMC.

----

Also, if anyone is bored enough, check Baka-Tsuki's forum. I will be posted an 2-3 page translation every night now, but it is hard for me to control to languages at the same time (I.E trying not to lose the flavor from one to another) so if you can stop by and drop some constructive critique would be very helpful.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 20:38   Link #640
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol, you are right. I could just imagine the mages trying to cast spells in the London streets and the police coming with their bright vests on telling them to move along.

They try that in Japan and they will be cosplayers, try it in the US and they will be arrested for drunk and disorderly, lol.

O, and the A6M isn't THAT poorly made. It was actually well built for its pecifications. It is just the brass had horrible specifications for them.

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen