AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Kaname vs. Tessa
Kaname 472 57.07%
Tessa 355 42.93%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-11, 02:01   Link #401
Autumnaki
Superstar

I like them both, but I have to say... Kaname.

I always thought Kaname and Sousuke made a great team. Like, Kaname is so strong willed and honestly independent. She knows how to put up a fight, and she provides a great comparison to Sousuke. She adds a form of balance to him. Almost like a voice of reason.

Plus, I find that Tessa can be great at her submarine job, but like Sousuke she is very naive in certain aspects. Tessa just seems infatuated with Sousuke. I think thats why she is always trying to do stuff to him. Almost like she kinda wants to one up Kaname, when it is quite obvious Sousuke wants nothing to do with it.

I honestly think what it omes down to though is who Sousuke will choose. We all know both of the girls like him. Sousuke needs to pick. LOL.

My opinion (before reading DVMC) was that Sousuke would always just look at Tessa as a commanding officer. In TSR when he calls her his good friend it still doesn't mean he would even think of being in a relationship LIKE THAT with her. I think it just means he is willing to be more open with her. Tessa makes him sweat too much though. He is alot more calm and casual with Kaname. He doesn't have Mardukas breathing down his kneck, or consider/debate if every single phrase that comes out of her mouth is an order.

I almost think its healthier for Sousuke to learn how to adjust to being a civilian. Being with Kaname would help teach him how to balance. Tessa is just a way of keeping him stuck as a military personel forever. EVEN MAO AND KURZ HAVE MORE COMMON SENSE THAN SOUSUKE. He needs to be with Kaname. LOL.

But DVMC cleared the air. So its all good.
Old 2007-05-13, 15:15   Link #402
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I stick with the thought that Tessa is in LOVE with LOVE rather than actually being in love. Sosuke needs an equal, and Kaname, even as a civilian, is more of an equal. They have done a lot together, bonded with one another, and learned each other's weaknesses.

And that last scene in FMP TSR, with her tugging on his sleeve, ah, so sweet!!!!! Le sigh.
Old 2007-05-13, 20:53   Link #403
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
I stick with the thought that Tessa is in LOVE with LOVE rather than actually being in love. Sosuke needs an equal, and Kaname, even as a civilian, is more of an equal. They have done a lot together, bonded with one another, and learned each other's weaknesses.

And that last scene in FMP TSR, with her tugging on his sleeve, ah, so sweet!!!!! Le sigh.
OMG Totally.

Kaname has always liked Sousuke right? Its Sousuke we never know about.

I loved the haircut scene. OMG. I was like... KANAME... DO IT. KISS HIIIIM.

XD
Old 2007-05-20, 12:09   Link #404
Choo!
When they cry

Send a message via MSN to Choo! Send a message via Yahoo to Choo!
Kaname all the way. She sure has a way to hide it, but deep down, I know shes in love with Sousuke. She also has more of an attitude like Naru or Asuna from Love Hina and Negima. That makes the show funnier, I like her better than Tessa.

Tessa Ive only seen in Fumoffu! and I can see that she likes him too. Tessa didnt do anything undeserving of him, But I still think Kaname would win in the final run.

Then again, its up to Sousuke.
Old 2007-05-31, 06:45   Link #405
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
Kaname definitely, also that Sousuke likes Kaname more then Tessa, going with what Sousuke wants really.
Old 2007-05-31, 07:39   Link #406
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
As to why Kaname hasn't had more suitors, I think Geta Boshi hit that one the head.
I believe a large part of the reason is Kaname herself. She is a rather intimidating person; very strong, very smart, and very good looking. Its a common situation in anime that guys are afraid to approach girls like that. Plus her tsundere personality would tend to keep most potential suitors at bay. I think that is part of the reason she and Souske work, is that he isn't driven away by her violent temper or physical abuse.
Old 2007-05-31, 08:47   Link #407
Maljan

Send a message via MSN to Maljan Send a message via Yahoo to Maljan
I voted a few days ago and didn't get the chance to reply. I voted Kaname, not that Tessa is great, but Kaname hides her feelings and like in that haircut scene when she almost kissed him, she gave him a smack. It's as if she doesn't want to accept her feelings for him. But Sousuke on the other hand is in love, but he doesn't know that feeling! Like when he was order to go back to the ship, he was a broken man and after al the madness, he still didn't understand the feelings he had, he was just happy to be back by Kaname's side!
Old 2007-06-22, 16:43   Link #408
zheny

when it comes to the anime Kaname is a better match for Sousuke no questions about it.
But!! when it comes to my own pick hmmmm
if i can i would have them both =p
let see...on the 1st time i meet them both with out knowing anything about them, i would gone after Tessa because shes cute, and more of my type.
Tessa's innocent look...oh man.... can't say no to that...
so Tessa is my pick!
Old 2007-06-22, 17:02   Link #409
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Hmm well as mentioned before I think kaname is a better match for Sousuke , but for myself I tend to like the shy kinds of girls more so I'll go for Tessa
Old 2007-06-26, 12:28   Link #410
dpryciak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maljan View Post
I voted a few days ago and didn't get the chance to reply. I voted Kaname, not that Tessa is great, but Kaname hides her feelings and like in that haircut scene when she almost kissed him, she gave him a smack. It's as if she doesn't want to accept her feelings for him. But Sousuke on the other hand is in love, but he doesn't know that feeling! Like when he was order to go back to the ship, he was a broken man and after al the madness, he still didn't understand the feelings he had, he was just happy to be back by Kaname's side!
Definitely the situation here, and you summerized the relationship well. There, Sosuke shows just how much he trusts Kaname, and for him, it's a great sacrifice to be "weak" or relaxed for a moment. For her, she had a moment to be tender, but she is just as reserved and, much like a kid, will rather smack her crush than admit to it aloud.
Old 2007-06-27, 04:38   Link #411
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Well to be honest after 500 votes, I expected an avalanche of Kaname of like 5:1 ratio. It's still pretty much even with only 30 or so votes either way.
Old 2007-06-30, 19:13   Link #412
helihound

I also choose kaname because i believe that when kaname is with sousuke he truely recieves the strength he needs in battle like that time when he first encountered gauron with the arablest i believe if kaname wasnt there and tessa was there instead he would have died right then. Also even tho kaname may not be able to admit her feelings to him and he may not know what love is i say just give it time and they will go to each other
Old 2007-07-01, 03:44   Link #413
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You know... The original purpose of the thread isn't who Sousuke should be with. It's which one of those two you like
Old 2007-07-01, 12:24   Link #414
gencbiba

Seems like the topic has evolved into a "Who is better for sousuke," one.

BTW, npal, what anime is that girl on your avatar from?

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2007-07-02, 16:46   Link #415
helihound

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
You know... The original purpose of the thread isn't who Sousuke should be with. It's which one of those two you like
lol i guess i got bit carried away well to makes things short if it was me id pick kaname because shes strong and not afraid while tessa is too fragile for me
Old 2007-07-03, 02:08   Link #416
lunamariahwk

Send a message via Yahoo to lunamariahwk
Talking

As 4 me....Kaname!!!

I just prefer girls in school uniforn rather than military uniform.

Old 2007-07-03, 02:31   Link #417
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Oh wow, really close race. I like Kaname because she's really funny in Fumoffu and Tessa was...just too serious looking. Man Fumoffu was great.
Old 2007-07-03, 02:48   Link #418
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

my favorite is Kaname.
She is really cute and has a great personality

Old 2007-07-04, 02:53   Link #419
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

Send a message via AIM to pothead21
wow, for some reason i feal like posting my opinion again. i think i said it a long time ago but what ever. my pick is kaname for both "who is better for sousuke" and "which one you like"

and im sorry for this but i also feel the need to say this again for like the third time, but that is also the reason i dont like sousuke, he does something good to make kaname like him then rips her heart out or does the exact wrong thing that he could have done. i mean the worst possible choice. dont even get me started about TSR i watched it, but the entire second half i was so pissed at him. i barely got threw it. and at the end of it, he doesnt do the wrong thing but he doesnt do the right thing either. he just sorta goes with the flow of everything.
ive been trying to get into the new translated novel but i just havent been able to find time between social life, work, and WoW (seriously, dont start playing it) ill try to sit down some time and read through it. but until then i can just hope then end the series with an actual ending, not a cliff hanger, a look in the eyes or a tug on the sleeve, no. an actual ending, i just need a bit of closure and im out.

-totally agree Areguzanda ^_^

Last edited by pothead21; 2007-07-04 at 03:06.
Old 2007-07-04, 19:16   Link #420
dpryciak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead21 View Post

and im sorry for this but i also feel the need to say this again for like the third time, but that is also the reason i dont like sousuke, he does something good to make kaname like him then rips her heart out or does the exact wrong thing that he could have done. i mean the worst possible choice. dont even get me started about TSR i watched it, but the entire second half i was so pissed at him. i barely got threw it. and at the end of it, he doesnt do the wrong thing but he doesnt do the right thing either. he just sorta goes with the flow of everything.

-

Sounds like any other relationship in RL, except for the guns, explosions, and violence...and whispereds, high tech gear, shoot-outs...and....etc....
Closed Thread