AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-19, 01:56   Link #201
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Isn't that the case for 99% of the anime/manga/games? XD

You can't have hawt loli incest sister relationships under parents' watchful eyes.
Damn, didn't see it that way But let's not feed the fanficcers and Hentai mangaka anymore material than there already is. The moment I find a Tenma x Yakuma yuri doujin is the day I freak out.
Old 2004-10-19, 01:58   Link #202
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Damn, didn't see it that way But let's not feed the fanficcers and Hentai mangaka anymore material than there already is. The moment I find a Tenma x Yakuma yuri doujin is the day I freak out.
Nobody has to give those perverts ideas. I'm quite certain that someone is busy working on such a thing. You better avoid doujim because otherwise your freak out is inevitable.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-10-19, 02:02   Link #203
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Care to walk the aisle of the Sukuran section in Toranoana?
Old 2004-10-19, 02:29   Link #204
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
wow that's a great idea! I can't wait to see some Tenma x Yakumo action
Old 2004-10-19, 02:56   Link #205
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
wow that's a great idea! I can't wait to see some Tenma x Yakumo action
Noooo! That's taking sister love power too far. Anyway, does anyone have any idea how long this show is going to run?

Speaking of dead ringers,
Karasuma Ouji = Mr. Spock [Leonard Nimoy]? Pointy ears missing though...
Old 2004-10-19, 03:18   Link #206
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Anyway, does anyone have any idea how long this show is going to run?
From the current manga publishing, I'd say 26 episodes. 13 is not enough for me, since we don't know what really happens to the characters (up till manga vol 6). And we definitely need to know who the heck Harry McKenzie is.
Old 2004-10-19, 14:21   Link #207
sinistral
SOS団

perhaps the hairstyle are the same ?
Old 2004-10-19, 17:29   Link #208
Wisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Because he doesn't.
Chapter 11 ?
Old 2004-10-19, 21:21   Link #209
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Isn't that the case for 99% of the anime/manga/games? XD

You can't have hawt loli incest sister relationships under parents' watchful eyes.
hahaha..

Thats rite.. and we got sooo many children living alone - no parents appear but they DO go to school properly!

Its easier to pull out wacky.not.quite.ideal themes if the char live alone, thats the catch in anime / manga.

Perhaps / it is the escapist dream of many teenage to live their lives freely.. away from nagging and boring parents. well, I do.. once, until I run out of allowance XD
Old 2004-10-19, 22:32   Link #210
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I just watched episode 3. It was pretty hilarious It even contained a Kenshin reference (shin-gan = heart's eye). Oh yeah and there was a great use of the audio in this episode. Tenma was absolutely hilarious in the second part where

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, and I forgot some other cool things about the episode which IMO dont' qualify as spoilers

1) We see some matrix action in this episode.

2) Nice insert of the music video for the opening song in this episode. I was like "Woah! Real TV inside an anime!"

3) Tenma's hair twitching thing is so darn cute! Especially in part 2 near the beginning. I think someone can make a really good animated avatar out of that.

Last edited by Roots; 2004-10-19 at 23:08.
Old 2004-10-19, 23:32   Link #211
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, Tenma's hair twitching reminds me of how Chiyo-chan's hair twitched. It just adds to her uber cuteness.
Old 2004-10-20, 00:11   Link #212
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Incredibly enough, I get the impression that the mangaka went through the extra trouble of making sure all the characters have something they can excel in [as opposed to 99% of the fillerific anime characters] as well as something they are terminally bad at Say for example, Hanai is an intellectual martial artist- but can't play music to save his life. So having Tenma appear as deadly competent with a bow was a major suprise

It's even more outstanding when there is a conflict between the characters. I eagerly await the Harima vs Hanai bash in their misguided and fully misunderstood love battle These 2 are going to kill one another if not careful

Thing is, the manga suddenly became rather Harima-centric after his flashback chapter...
Old 2004-10-20, 01:04   Link #213
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely
Chapter 11 ?
Where does it specifically say "he lives in the gym room?"
Old 2004-10-20, 05:42   Link #214
infested_ysy

Lightbulb

Okay, I have a question here...

Are there any difference in the video quality between the RAW and the Subbed version of School rumble?

Because... this is what I see for both of the episodes for School Rumble released so far, subbed by [-]

But Secca posted his/her's that looks brighter than mine

Exact same shot, but with different hue on the skin and overall brightness (and oh gawd! I see post-encoding pixels on the red skirt >.>). So, what's the problem with it?
Old 2004-10-20, 05:51   Link #215
_yeah
poseur

Every raw is different, so the colours and brightness will depend on the capper's signal and settings. The raw Secca took screencaps from just happened to be horribly oversaturated and washed out.

After a show airs, there are well over a dozen raws for most popular shows floating around on Japanese P2P networks. Most fansub groups will download a few of the larger ones and choose between them. They may also elect to do some colour-correction and filtering on the final encode.

Thus, the colours of every encode may be different.
Old 2004-10-20, 06:23   Link #216
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_ysy
Exact same shot, but with different hue on the skin and overall brightness (and oh gawd! I see post-encoding pixels on the red skirt >.>). So, what's the problem with it?
Muahaha it's a secret.

I'm J/k. ^^ That screenshot was taken from episode 1 raw if you are curious. That time (-) fansub version hasn't been released yet, so i have no clue. Maybe they just use different raw source. who knows. ^^
Old 2004-10-20, 08:39   Link #217
infested_ysy

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yeah
Every raw is different, so the colours and brightness will depend on the capper's signal and settings. The raw Secca took screencaps from just happened to be horribly oversaturated and washed out.

After a show airs, there are well over a dozen raws for most popular shows floating around on Japanese P2P networks. Most fansub groups will download a few of the larger ones and choose between them. They may also elect to do some colour-correction and filtering on the final encode.

Thus, the colours of every encode may be different.
I see... I'd still prefer the horribly oversaturated version secca posted. :P

I've just sold my soul to pearly white skin tones.
Old 2004-10-20, 08:47   Link #218
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
2) Nice insert of the music video for the opening song in this episode. I was like "Woah! Real TV inside an anime!"
That scene is the big screen projector in front of the South Exit in Shinjuku Station. That clock tower behind Harima and the skywalk is very distinctive of that area. The big screen projector usually shows Old Navy commercials and J-POP hit PVs (music videos).

The music video for the OP song is indeed, moe. Horie Yui with UNSCRAMBLE. If you want to get your own copy of it, the single CD that goes on sale on 10.26 includes a DVD with that PV in it.
Old 2004-10-20, 09:45   Link #219
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_ysy
Okay, I have a question here...

Are there any difference in the video quality between the RAW and the Subbed version of School rumble?

Because... this is what I see for both of the episodes for School Rumble released so far, subbed by [-]

But Secca posted his/her's that looks brighter than mine

well, you can also adjust the brightness and color settings of the screenshots easily... I like to adjust some screenshots of some dark scenes a bit brighter myself... also people use different capture settings and encoding settings may also end up with different video qualities.
Old 2004-10-20, 16:16   Link #220
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

say, did anybody check out that SR album? It has some nice pics in there...

lol Yakumo in a wedding dress...
Closed Thread