We know which ending Crunchyroll is going for:

pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 19:53   Link #2222
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzie View Post
And this is the 2nd most favourited+retweeted (and likely to take top spot) in the history of Crunchyroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingUranium View Post
That's interesting. Going from memory here, Kumiko narrates major band problems, either the band as a whole or personal (herself, Aoi), along with scenes with her and Reina, but I think that's about it. It definitely puts a lot of emphasis on the personal importance of these scenes.

However, she also narrated when shell shocked by Shuuichi asking her to the festival, so there's that.
I think the key is: she didn't narrate on Shuuichi asking her out, but on how she was tangled in with Hazuki's plan to asking Shuichi out. So we sorta could see how exhausted she is being stuck in that triangle, but not her thought on Shuichi invitation itself.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-06-26 at 20:20.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 20:25   Link #2223
BleedingUranium
Who has the most fun wins

Quote:
That's amazing. I was almost drinking something at the time, that would have been bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
And this is the 2nd most favourited+retweeted (and likely to take top spot) in the history of Crunchyroll

I think the key is: she didn't narrate on Shuuichi asking her out, but on how she was tangled in with Hazuki's plan to asking Shuichi out. So we sorta could see how exhausted she is being stuck in that triangle, but not her thought on Shuichi invitation itself.
Yay for more Hibike exposure! I just contributed to that, though my use of Twitter is otherwise pretty much nonexistent.

Quite true, it wasn't anything like the tone she narrates with when around Reina, more so just shock to be in that situation, but it was worth noting.
BleedingUranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 20:38   Link #2224
Bordix

Oh CR, I'm pretty sure Shuichi has no competition. With how Kyoani keeps flip flopping on Kumiko and Reina's relationship and people yelling bait, I just coudnt take it seriously anymore.

Feel free to continue shipping though
Old 2015-06-26, 21:31   Link #2225
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Yeah, I don't really take the shipping seriously anymore. Someone handed it to me on a silver platter.
Old 2015-06-26, 21:45   Link #2226
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
With how Kyoani keeps flip flopping on Kumiko and Reina's relationship and people yelling bait, I just coudnt take it seriously anymore.
And you think CR doesn't know that?

They're just jumping on the baiting bandwagon.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:47   Link #2227
Bordix

That was more of my personal opinion regarding the obviously popular ship. I just found CR's tweet hilarious, that's all.
Old 2015-06-26, 23:20   Link #2228
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingUranium View Post
That was my thought as well. All hail Ui Oumae.
At least its Ui in a better artstyle, imo.

It's also funny to think of Kumiko as Yui's younger sister, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I started to realise the reason how the Kumiko x Reina was perceived in a much more central theme comparing to that of Shuichi x Kumiko or Reina X Taki.
Here's the thing, cutting through everything else - I don't get the impression that romance was really meant to be a major part of this narrative, in any respect. Its (potentially) there, but it was meant as a side-attraction. I think that first and foremost the narrative is intended to be a fairly serious music/drama story. A sports-style narrative applied to the world of band music. Episode 12 brought that home in a big way, and it seems like Episode 13 will also focus mostly on the music/drama side of things (going by the preview screenshots that are now out there).

But while romance per se was not core to the narrative, the Kumiko and Reina relationship clearly is. The growing dynamic between them, complimented by how they both grow as band members and as individuals, lies at the very core of the narrative. Kumiko, Reina, and Taki are the most important characters, by a fair margin, and 90% or more of that comes back to the music/drama story.

Kumiko and Reina's relationship is the most important one in the story for the story's overall purposes. That much I think is definitely true. So when you take the story's most important relationship, and frame it with romantic-seeming dialogue and gestures and narration, of course many people are going to see it as romantic. How can we not?

Still, the truth is that romance is not the main driving force of this show, in any way. The main driving force is the music/drama narrative. That's what Kumiko cares about more than anything else right now, and that's likely to remain the case for the remainder of this season. So maybe that's what we should focus the most on.
Old 2015-06-26, 23:38   Link #2229
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
At least its Ui in a better artstyle, imo.

It's also funny to think of Kumiko as Yui's younger sister, lol.

Here's the thing
Hibike's art style, to me, seems like the same "style" as K-ON! (and some other KyoAni shows), but... higher quality? That's not quite the right term. Like the difference between a show's normal art style and when chibi/silly moments happen, and everything gets all simple-looking. Like the same thing, simplified. K-ON! in Hibike!'s "upgraded" look would be really cool to see.

To me this, along with the tone of the story, is what really differentiates the two; both have excellent characters.

That would be one hell of an interesting dynamic. My brain hurts trying to consider it. Fun fact: Yui is actually eight years older than Kumiko, and three years older than her sister Mamiko.

Well said.
Old 2015-06-26, 23:43   Link #2230
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so can anyone turn Kumiko's nosebleed scene into some sort of meme involving perversion? like with seeing Reina, the bathing with instruments extra's, or pretty much everyone else?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 23:54   Link #2231
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
so can anyone turn Kumiko's nosebleed scene into some sort of meme involving perversion? like with seeing Reina, the bathing with instruments extra's, or pretty much everyone else?
Like Kumiko questioning her own bust size again?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For general use though, this one probably works better.

Images

I won't have a chance to take more pictures of Jupiter and Venus before the finale / when they're closest together (same night), but here they are tonight. They've certainly become a lot closer in the last few weeks.

Images

Last edited by BleedingUranium; 2015-06-27 at 00:41.
Old 2015-06-27, 04:56   Link #2232
Shirohige

Quote:

But of course!
Shirohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 05:30   Link #2233
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:

Crunchy knows what's up
Old 2015-06-27, 05:32   Link #2234
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Here's the thing, cutting through everything else - I don't get the impression that romance was really meant to be a major part of this narrative, in any respect. Its (potentially) there, but it was meant as a side-attraction. I think that first and foremost the narrative is intended to be a fairly serious music/drama story. A sports-style narrative applied to the world of band music. Episode 12 brought that home in a big way, and it seems like Episode 13 will also focus mostly on the music/drama side of things (going by the preview screenshots that are now out there).
Serious music/sport drama theme? In this arc, yes. But with Kumiko spent more time on screen wondering about how to apologise or react to Reina than desperately improve her music. I have doubt if you can just pack the whole series theme based on its latest episode.

If you introduce this to someone who 's not familiar with anime (or K-on in particular) and tell them that this anime is a serious music/sport drama anime. After the first watch through. Most likely they will complain about how the anime spent more time dealing with teenager SoL/ coming-of-age than with the music side itself. I said that based on actual experience

Quote:
But while romance per se was not core to the narrative, the Kumiko and Reina relationship clearly is. The growing dynamic between them, complimented by how they both grow as band members and as individuals, lies at the very core of the narrative. Kumiko, Reina, and Taki are the most important characters, by a fair margin, and 90% or more of that comes back to the music/drama story.

Kumiko and Reina's relationship is the most important one in the story for the story's overall purposes. That much I think is definitely true. So when you take the story's most important relationship, and frame it with romantic-seeming dialogue and gestures and narration, of course many people are going to see it as romantic. How can we not?

Still, the truth is that romance is not the main driving force of this show, in any way. The main driving force is the music/drama narrative. That's what Kumiko cares about more than anything else right now, and that's likely to remain the case for the remainder of this season. So maybe that's what we should focus the most on.
Ah now i see where you are going..... You mistook my post and thought I was talking about the narrative of the anime. What I was talking about earlier is the narrative or inner monologue of Kumiko, who is our main and only narrator in this anime.

They are two different things. Think of Kyon in Haruhi. His narration is always witty and full of sarcastic and provide insight of his feeling about Haruhi's antic. The narrative of the whole Haruhi series however isn't any of that, it was opposite in fact.
Old 2015-06-27, 08:55   Link #2235
Kamieichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
Do you know you can get full score of "Crescent Moon Dance" officially? It's a shop bonus of the BD/DVD Vol.1. Because it's a shop bonus, you have to buy at certain shops though. Now, someone posted the full version of "Crescent Moon Dance".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TtlMmSLJcU
It'll be a spoiler, if you don't want to listen before the final episode.
I don't understand how to read them, but gathered the posted images from twitter.
Images
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 09:17   Link #2236
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just finished watched episode 5. Is the any reason why Kumiko act so indifferent with Shuichi. She even clicked her tongue when she saw Shuichi in the bus. And then they didn't converse much despite being lchildhood friend.

Last edited by Sixth; 2015-06-27 at 13:19.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 12:22   Link #2237
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Just finished watched episode 5. Is the any reason why Kumiko act so indifferent with Shuichi. She even clicked her tongue when she saw Shuichi in the bus. And then they didn't converse much despite being colchildhood friend.
They aren't on friendly terms because of something Shuichi did in middle school.
Old 2015-06-27, 14:57   Link #2238
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They aren't on friendly terms because of something Shuichi did in middle school.
Basically everybody thought they were a couple. They are not. Shuuichi did something stupid. Called her ugly in front of his friends.

The girl holds a grudge.

I guess Shuuichi always liked Kumiko but hadn't the balls to ask her out in middle school.

He asks her out after her friend asked if they are couple cause she is interested in him. Kumiko does not want high school drama like that so she randomly picks Reina.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 15:21   Link #2239
Takigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
I don't understand how to read them, but gathered the posted images from twitter.
Images
These were fun to look at. I made a decision not to watch the video containing a sonic realization of the music until after the last episode....though I did kind of spoil things for myself somewhat looking at the page that has Reina's solo. I started following along the line, remembering how the music went from episode 11. I then glanced down at the horn parts and euphonium part that play along side it and suddenly I could hear the whole wind ensemble inside my head. I quickly looked away and the music shut off.

Not yet...
Takigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 17:23   Link #2240
Soshishi

Spoiler for The True OTP:
Soshishi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
band, high school drama, music, orchestra