AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-07-06, 12:34   Link #1101
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
^Actually, all gods shown are gods of death/the dead. So there is very much a link between them all.

Was just about to edit my previous post about that fact.

Btw, Ra was basically the overall head of Egypt mythology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
^I see, in fact, i was looking at the leadership point of view, Horus is Ra sucessor and is the son of Osiris so i thought the author chose him, but yeah you are right
Ra is not the overall head of Egypt pantheon. Most of time, it is either Amun or Horankty ( Horus). Ra do merged with them later to create Amun-Re and Ra-Horankty, But in general, most of the time Ra is not treated as a chief god. There are areas that do treat Ra as chief god due to Egyptian's unique tendency, however these area is very rare and most of it is lost to time.

Horus and Ra is actually different, with the former being the god of sky and the latter being the god of the Sun.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 12:42   Link #1102
OmegaWeaponZ

Honestly didn't know that Amun was a separate entity. All that I know about Amun was just the title Ra obtained after emerging from the under world(Morning/first light). Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 2016-07-06, 12:57   Link #1103
dragon1412

Quote:
Honestly didn't know that Amun was a separate entity. All that I know about Amun was just the title Ra obtained after emerging from the under world(Morning/first light). Thanks for clarifying that.
well most people would confuse in case of Ra, Ra merged with a lot of deities. even Osiris
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 14:29   Link #1104
Direwolf18

Egyptian mythology can get a little squirrelly that way. It evolves a lot over the years, and there are a lot of years. We are closer to the Roman Empire then then the New Kingsom (1550-1069 BC) was to the old kingdom (2600 BC-2100 BC).

Ancient Egyptian religion starts getting replaced around 332 BC when Alexander the Great conquers it and they become a lot more Greek. Common misconception is that Cleopatra was Egyptian, she was pretty much Greek. She is one of the only members of her entire dynasty (Ptolemaic) who bothered to even learn the Egyptian language.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 15:53   Link #1105
OmegaWeaponZ

^That's actually an interesting point, makes me want to read more into it now.

On the topic of death gods in regards to this series, do you guys think more will be added? If so which?

I would like to see something from mythos not used normally. Then again... I may be reading into the story waaaay to much again
Old 2016-07-06, 16:29   Link #1106
EvI

I actually think that, there are other groups of gods out there, Hokuto didn't seems THAT surprised when she faced Nayuta asking her if she was the same existence as them she was more surprised at the fact that she was human once and used Genesis to evolve, so there maybe other groups of gods with other objectives tho.

It would really be a pity if the author used these 4 as final bosses, it should be something evil they created or some other god, and i don't think they'll use the term "death god" here, since these four actually created life as well tho it would make no sense.

Last edited by EvI; 2016-07-06 at 18:04.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 17:04   Link #1107
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Well, you should add more gods, would be something exciting, although there are many gods meaning "death" in Egyptian mythology, that the case of Anubis the dark God of the dead (has dog's head and human body), and also this Apophis which is the absolute God of darkness death and despair (although in some other mythologies is told that the is a dragon, this is false, but in Egyptian mythology it is said that it is a parasite). I am surprised to know that data Yurishia and Aine were taken by Thanatos, but my question is what its purpose.

The character of Thanatos is a character who leaves a lot to think about, I hope to see in a future know what is the reason for his sadness
Old 2016-07-06, 17:28   Link #1108
Direwolf18

Well each of these gods is most defiantly part of a polytheistic pantheon. I would assume there are others. I mean Thanatos was pretty small fish for the greeks, while Odin was top dog.
Old 2016-07-06, 18:09   Link #1109
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Each name are the representatives of death each cosmology.

It doesn't matters much if they were chief gods or not, Odin got killed by a dog bite despite preparing himself for a long time to to prevent his fate.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 18:22   Link #1110
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

But ain't it funny that the Creator is all Goddess ? There is only 1 way to settle this
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 18:27   Link #1111
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Each name are the representatives of death each cosmology.

It doesn't matters much if they were chief gods or not, Odin got killed by a dog bite despite preparing himself for a long time to to prevent his fate.
That dog was Fenrir, the monster who ate literally the entire universe.
Old 2016-07-06, 19:01   Link #1112
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Which proves that being a chief hod means nothing against death.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 19:13   Link #1113
EvI

Dude norse mithology is that kind depressing history "AND THEN THEY DIED. THE END." please...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 23:35   Link #1114
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
Dude norse mithology is that kind depressing history "AND THEN THEY DIED. THE END." please...
Er, there was an epilogue involving an Adam and Eve plot as well as a single surviving god, I believe.
Old 2016-07-06, 23:49   Link #1115
OmegaWeaponZ

Actually, more gods than Baldur survive Ragnorok.

Hodur(The god who kills Baldur), is said to return only to make peace with Baldur, and Vali(The god who Odin sired to kill Hodur for his sin of killing of killing Baldur) are yow who come to mind that survive alongside Baldur. KInda symbolic really, the remaining gods would represent Truth, Vengeance and Light. (There is a fourth which survives, but their name eludes me...)
Old 2016-07-07, 00:30   Link #1116
AP24

Looks like we're going to see core re-install, the same way it's done with Sylvia. In this volume it will be Himekawa while wearing that cosplay costume. I wonder if it will happen with Reiri too.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 00:34   Link #1117
KnightShade

Quote:
Actually, more gods than Baldur survive Ragnorok.

Hodur(The god who kills Baldur), is said to return only to make peace with Baldur, and Vali(The god who Odin sired to kill Hodur for his sin of killing of killing Baldur) are yow who come to mind that survive alongside Baldur. KInda symbolic really, the remaining gods would represent Truth, Vengeance and Light. (There is a fourth which survives, but their name eludes me...)
Vali being odins adopted son in DxD suddenly makes a lot more sense now
Old 2016-07-07, 00:55   Link #1118
OmegaWeaponZ

^Another reason why I need to read 19 - 21

For the little time, I could imagine odin to be a troll father, even if adopeted.
Old 2016-07-07, 05:40   Link #1119
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
But ain't it funny that the Creator is all Goddess ? There is only 1 way to settle this
Most really early religions, see Neolithic religions tended to be nature goddess worship. There are instances where the cultures didn't even realize men were required for pregnancy.

Sound familiar?

Athena from the Greeks is one of the holdovers from the old old religions before things started shoring up into the new old gods that most of us are familiar with.
Old 2016-07-07, 06:09   Link #1120
OmegaWeaponZ

^Found the Campione reader

Tags
action, bakapervert, borderline hentai, deceiving author, ecchi, harem, hentai artist, incest, sci-fi, true harem