AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-25, 01:38   Link #1
gunners2787
Lok-ke Hokage

Send a message via ICQ to gunners2787 Send a message via AIM to gunners2787 Send a message via MSN to gunners2787 Send a message via Yahoo to gunners2787
What are the difference between these MS?

This is GAT-X56X Impulse Gundam with the Force Silhouette pack.

This is the GAT-X105 Aile Strike Gundam.

Can you guys tell me what are the differences between these 2 MSs? please don't tell me the colours are different.
gunners2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 01:44   Link #2
Evan
天使我爱你

The model types are different.
The internal mechanism and structure are different.
The configuration for controlling is different.
The design is different.
The weapons and packs are different.

Hmm...
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 01:48   Link #3
iceyfw

Probably the GAT-X56X Impulse Gundam is much more powerful.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 01:55   Link #4
EnergyRift

Overall, they look similar, but vast changes that we wouldn't really know..

Like the OS is obviously different, when they load up the main menu, Gundam always stands for something else.

There are small design differences, but they are suppose to be from the same Archetype so to speak, interchangable gear, versatile fighter.

It's mainly in the Archetype and probably small improvement to everything, allowing for easier movement, and such. Tweaks, but yea they are similar.
EnergyRift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 02:41   Link #5
Rias

Main difference is that Impulse can split into 3 parts...4 if you count the equipment.
Strike can only change it's equipment.
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 05:23   Link #6
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Impulse is obviously designed with a "Strike II" concept in mind, both by the mecha designers in real life and ZAFT. Remember, Z Gundam had the RX-178 Gundam Mk II and considering that ZAFT were rather impressed by Strike and it's a versatile weapons platform they would obviously be interested in copying it. The Silhouette system is a better delivery system for the mission packs than having Sky Graspers fly around with them.

The combining is just because kids love combining mecha so that Impulse toys will sell a lot, though.

However, I do believe that the Force Impulse is a boring design; It's "been done before". The Sword Impulse and Big Freakin' Guns Impulse looks a lot better though, I love the red and white on Sword Impulse.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 05:50   Link #7
DwArD
mAnIaC

Impulse will most probably be more powerful than Strike in every aspects. But I still find Strike a lot cooler.
Old 2004-10-25, 08:49   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners2787

This is GAT-X56X Impulse Gundam with the Force Silhouette pack.
That's actually the ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam. The linearts look similar because all of Okawara's linearts look similar... But if you compare the models you should be able to tell the difference.

BTW http://char.2log.net/ has a new interview with Kunio Okawara where he explains how Impulse and Zaku came about. Japanese-only though.
Old 2004-10-25, 10:22   Link #9
infested_ysy

As far as I know, the Force Silhouette pack is an "upgraded" version of the Aile pack.

The smaller boosters allows lighter weightload and more movement for the MS.

But anyway, Impulse is generally an beefed up version of Strike. It gets better version of the original weapon packs.

For example,

Notice how it uses the sword pack? It swings it around as though it barely weights anything. Rather impressive, since I don't really recall Strike swinging around its sword with such swift movements.

Second, notice the Launcher pack, it now consist of 4 beam rifles, ala Freedom style, which makes it easier, in a way, to aim and move around with the weapon. Heck, at least they've scrapped off that pea shooter on the right arm. No self-respecting Gundam pilots would want to use machineguns that deals craptastic damage, when there are already advanced technology in laser -type weapons.
infested_ysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 10:27   Link #10
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_ysy
No self-respecting Gundam pilots would want to use machineguns that deals craptastic damage, when there are already advanced technology in laser -type weapons.
Except when fighting cheating mobile suits with I-field generators or beam-deflectors!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 10:38   Link #11
CalamitiesEnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Except when fighting cheating mobile suits with I-field generators or beam-deflectors!
God! I hate those I-Field generators that MS/MA have. All the gundam games I've played seen to have the fileds and most of the time the player done't get to use it. But recently I've been able to use GP03 and it was great gun blasting my way through everything I meet.

I'm just waiting to get my hands on the new destiny game so I can use dreadnought to kick some strike daggers
CalamitiesEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 10:44   Link #12
sarcasteak
WAHA~

MS/MAs with I-field generators generally are either super agile or super buff, too, so the fuggas aren't that easy to kill with beam sabers or missiles/gattling guns.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 11:20   Link #13
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Well, the Big Zam in Encounters in Space is remarkably easy to avoid so you can deal tons of damage with your vulcans, haha.

And the 120mm (peashooter on the Launcher Strike is used against missiles, vehicles and aircraft. I would prefer having one of those instead of another beam cannon.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 08:02   Link #14
tyranimo
Sue me, Why don't you?

Send a message via AIM to tyranimo
Imagine this:

"Chest flyer, Launching"

"Leg flyer, Launching"

*Planes start flying around and doing stunts*

*enemy targets Leg flyer*

*BAM*

"uh oh"

.---

what i personally think is that it takes too long for the whole gundam to get set up,
unlike strike which can immedietly function after being launched, impulse has to lauch everything, one at a time, which is actually time consuming..

sure, it's cool, but i mean, couldn't a good pilot actually target any part of the body before its joined up or while it's joining up?

i find that weird though..

---

anyway, a difference would be that the impulse is able to use the power from the mothership, so it could basicly run for quite a while if it stays near the mothership (what i read somewhere)
tyranimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 08:32   Link #15
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranimo
sure, it's cool, but i mean, couldn't a good pilot actually target any part of the body before its joined up or while it's joining up?
Yes they could... If you want to see more of it watch Gundam ZZ and Victory Gundam...

Though they didn't seem to have taken the Impulse apart in Ep 3... So I guess the Ep 1 assembly sequence was due to the fact that it was stored in separate parts for maintenance.
Old 2004-10-27, 10:09   Link #16
Keppers

yeah I'd think they'd want to keep it together between fights if they knew they were going into battle again soon. I'd think the different pieces would be more for storage/maintenance... but I guess we'll see.
Keppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 20:45   Link #17
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

For me the difference between the Strike and Impulse is quite obvious by looking

Impulse is much more agile than Strike is.

Impulse might have been designed to be a bit lighter and more energy efficient, Hence Force's smaller back thruster pack verses Strikes.

Also did you see how Impulse moved in the first two eps? If that is not more agile than Strike, something must be amiss... (or is it just me??? )
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 23:24   Link #18
omegastar

Well, let's put it this way:

The idea of the strike was somewhat innovative, when SEED started. It could change equipment in the middle of the battle, and made it a very versatile Gundam. Then it was passed down in the more advanced episodes as soon as Kira got his new upgrade (typical of gundam).

Then we have some stupid people who happen to write the plot for Destiny, then they think that, aside from being less work, it would be sort of a remembrance of SEED or it would please the fans.

Sooooo.... they come up with the same damn thing, a little bit changed and looking a bit more armed and dangerous. But it wasn't enough, so the said "Hey, what if we make it a whole puzzle? you know, like in Zeta or Victory?", and thus they made a useless undocked mode, which consisted of a revamped strike gundam combined with the features of Zeta. Really, producers are running out of ideas

The only good thing about this, is that they had the opportunity to redeem the strike's true power. Episode 2 had one of the best battles so far since SEED.
omegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 23:35   Link #19
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegastar
Sooooo.... they come up with the same damn thing, a little bit changed and looking a bit more armed and dangerous. But it wasn't enough, so the said "Hey, what if we make it a whole puzzle? you know, like in Zeta or Victory?", and thus they made a useless undocked mode, which consisted of a revamped strike gundam combined with the features of Zeta. Really, producers are running out of ideas
Uh... Zeta was a transformable Gundam... Like the Saviour. It's nothing like the Impulse.

The original Gundam RX-78's docking system was more similar to the Impulse's. ZZ and Victory had the core block system too, but they seem to have better core parts that can either fly on their own or have some use here and there (though its hard to tell what the Impulse's core block system can do as of now... For all we know the three parts can separate and the pilot can control them remotely like bits or something)
Old 2004-10-29, 18:05   Link #20
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Most likely ZAFT has created their new ZGMF Gundam Series in GSD based on Strike, Calamity, and those 2 other gundams of the 3 druggie gundams (GAT SERIES). If u see closely, they have similar weapons and such. Obviously, Impulse was based on Strike giving it a uncanny similar design etc.
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote