AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-25, 08:27   Link #1201
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
again with the scar? an awakened being still had a scar (one of the 3 male awakened beings who were the first to attack pieta) so they mean nothing
Awakened Beings are not Claymores
Quote:
and Raki has less experience than cid and galk so not really a typical reason im not saying his not human just its a possibility
nothing supports this claim.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:28   Link #1202
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
Awakened Beings are not Claymores
Which adds to my point, if an awakened being who can fully heal even their wounds they have on their chest can have scars, Raki having a scar is neither for or against being human

Then we get to Galatea and Raphela

Im not saying his not human but we have no evidence either way

Quote:
nothing supports this claim.
the two are military men, Raki is not.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:31   Link #1203
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
the two are military men, Raki is not.
...7 year time skip with isley
Old 2008-06-25, 08:32   Link #1204
evil_kenshin

Quote:
7 year timeskip with Isley, but we also have 7 year timeskip with Cid and Galk defending Rabona.

Agatha herself remarked that Cid must of faced yoma before.

But i will back off on this since until we get some sort of backstory on how Raki's training went its impossible to say
Old 2008-06-25, 09:04   Link #1205
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Haha, the comment that said, "Awakened Beings are not Claymores" made me laugh because... umm... they are claymores. Like a butterfly compared to a caterpillar they are one and the same creature in different phases of life. And as we learned from Miria recently; Claymores were designed to awaken. That was the goal. It is not an accident although it has some unwanted side effects.

At the moment we know very little more about Raki than we anticipated before. Pretty much everyone thought that Raki would come back at least able to fight youma. Although the girl on his shoulder is not as expected. We know very little about what happened to him the last 7 years besides visiting Rabona and lying about the little girl.
Old 2008-06-25, 09:21   Link #1206
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

God, honestly, some english here is just horrible. Worse than horrible. I could hang myself for the human stupidity sometimes. It's just shameful.
W/E I'm not gonna mention names.

Back to topic
A fully and completely agree with chiba in everything.

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Old 2008-06-25, 14:08   Link #1207
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Haha, the comment that said, "Awakened Beings are not Claymores" made me laugh because... umm... they are claymores. Like a butterfly compared to a caterpillar they are one and the same creature in different phases of life. And as we learned from Miria recently; Claymores were designed to awaken. That was the goal. It is not an accident although it has some unwanted side effects.
Exactly what i was trying to say. they are different yet the same.
I assume an awakened being can and should be able to repair any wound without scarring. but they can chose not to or they acquire the scar before becoming a hybrid or an Awakened. but this contradicts itself. Clare managed to remove all of her scars on her back yet Irene asks whether or not Raphaela received her scarred eye before becoming a hybrid.

Quote:
At the moment we know very little more about Raki than we anticipated before. Pretty much everyone thought that Raki would come back at least able to fight youma. Although the girl on his shoulder is not as expected. We know very little about what happened to him the last 7 years besides visiting Rabona and lying about the little girl.
Yes I agree we know nothing about Raki. but if we go with the visual and written evidence we can still come up with speculations.

Quote:
God, honestly, some english here is just horrible. Worse than horrible. I could hang myself for the human stupidity sometimes. It's just shameful.
W/E I'm not gonna mention names.

Back to topic
A fully and completely agree with chiba in everything.
Not everybody speaks fluent English here. I try to respect this fact and ignore any improper English while I participate on these forums. as I do on every forum. this is the internet(s)...we aren't writing scholarly papers. Proper English and sentence structures are not important as long as we are able to get our thoughts across in a coherent way.
Old 2008-06-25, 14:25   Link #1208
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Quote:
Not everybody speaks fluent English here. I try to respect this fact and ignore any improper English while I participate on these forums. as I do on every forum. this is the internet(s)...we aren't writing scholarly papers. Proper English and sentence structures are not important as long as we are able to get our thoughts across in a coherent way.
I know that not everyone speaks that language fluently, and I also know that some just don't like English. But... why should I have to read some posts 2 or even 3 times, till I understood everything? And I said I won't give names, that means that it isn't that bad, just mighty annoying^^

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Old 2008-06-26, 00:46   Link #1209
xXVirgilXx
Dont give me that look!!

Miria did say, Awakened beings are the final stage of a claymores?! But the name "Claymore"wasnt really the official term the organization uses. They were named by the people because of the large sword they use. An Awekened Being is no longer a Claymore cause they're no longer under the supervision of the organization.
Old 2008-06-26, 01:01   Link #1210
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXVirgilXx View Post
Miria did say, Awakened beings are the final stage of a claymores?! But the name "Claymore"wasnt really the official term the organization uses. They were named by the people because of the large sword they use. An Awekened Being is no longer a Claymore cause they're no longer under the supervision of the organization.
Your right, the actual term is "half yoma" (well more of a definition than a name).
Old 2008-06-26, 01:06   Link #1211
xXVirgilXx
Dont give me that look!!

Quote:
Your right, the actual term is "half yoma" (well more of a definition than a name).
Exactly!! So the arguement should be "Awakened beings came from Half-Yoma beings."
Old 2008-06-26, 03:56   Link #1212
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Ummmm... they are still half youma. If the recent chapter told us anything it is that youma are a stepping stone for the production of awakened beings. The goal of the project was Awakened Beings. I still think youma are involved, but as the org apparently produces both it seems like the youma are the raw material by which claymores are made. Claymores were not designed to kill youma; Youma were designed to create awakened beings. Strength comes from the combination of a human and a youma as both elements are relatively weak by themselves.
Old 2008-06-26, 04:39   Link #1213
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Ummmm... they are still half youma. If the recent chapter told us anything it is that youma are a stepping stone for the production of awakened beings. The goal of the project was Awakened Beings. I still think youma are involved, but as the org apparently produces both it seems like the youma are the raw material by which claymores are made. Claymores were not designed to kill youma; Youma were designed to create awakened beings. Strength comes from the combination of a human and a youma as both elements are relatively weak by themselves.
but do you believe that half yoma will inevitably awaken eventually (the human side "dies")?

I find it interesting to consider that maybe while the human side keeps their human lifespan, the yoma side will take over once the human "dies" of old age

Though i hope not since it would mean the 7 will eventually just become awakened beings (means the manga wouldn't end on a happy note at all)
Old 2008-06-26, 05:41   Link #1214
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
Probably likely. But I would love Raki to get a rematch with some arrogant Claymore, as a kind of plot revenge against the time when he got owned by Ophelia. Getting owned or not, Raki needs a platform to show off his new skills & I think fighting a Claymore would be the most exciting.
Hell no he should face abysmal ones if you ask me. I think Yagi is introducing Raki as new powerful swordsman and prothagonist. I really wanna know how powerful he is now. Heck he can slay yoma in a blink of an eye.
Old 2008-06-26, 05:46   Link #1215
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich_king View Post
Hell no he should face abysmal ones if you ask me. I think Yagi is introducing Raki as new powerful swordsman and prothagonist. I really wanna know how powerful he is now. Heck he can slay yoma in a blink of an eye.
well certainly he will go down in history in the claymore universe as a famous swordsman
Old 2008-06-26, 05:55   Link #1216
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Do I believe that half yoma will inevitably awaken eventually? Hmm, good question. I think that the fab 4 are in unknown territory. No one knows what the half awakening is or what causes it beyond a very strong human will. Do all claymores become awakened beings? Even the ghosts have not lost the potential to become an awakened being. The only long term solution might be what Raphaela did and what the ghosts are doing; Cloaking their youki. But even then we do not know if it is a permanent immortal fix. Even with Cloaked youki, fighting a stronger opponent would bring the accursed youki out again and risk another awakening.

I think the organizations goal; an awakened being who does not lose their human heart is eventually going to be discovered in Clare. But I also think there will be a lot of character lost before that time, including some sorrowful complete awakenings of main characters. Until someone can master a complete awakening on their own I think awakening will always be a danger for the claymores and I think it will continue to happen. Even Clare who aimed her limbs at Rigald felt her control slipping and asked Helen to end her life. Jean died for her instead. That is not a permanent fix. Hopefully Raphaela's information about the soul link can shed some light on the matter.

I do not think that achieving a complete awakening with the human mind intact and ready for battle will be easy for anyone and that many will die in the story before this precipice is reached. Jean completely awakened and controlled the form for a while and was able to come back so a complete awakening is definitely possible. Although she still felt her mind going. Too bad Jean is no longer around.

I think that the organization wants this super weapon for a very distinct reason. I think that their horrible testing method might even be for a noble cause if the enemy is worse than the org itself. Hard to imagine, but if the fate of the world rests on the ability to create an awakened being strong enough to defeat another monster then maybe it would make sense. Although I never plan on seeing the organization as "good". I imagine the MiB's will turn out much like Ophelia and have a sliver of humanity gleaming in their cold black hearts as they pass on their blood stained legacy to the hands of a bright new generation.

And I am positive that we will see some main characters awakened forms. Clare for sure. An artist who draws such incredible AB's when the humans are hit and miss means Yagi loves drawing these monsters. We will see a fully awakened Clare. Probably not soon.

EDIT: ACK! Forgot this was the Raki discussion. So I am sure Raki will tie into the final formula for awakenings as well somehow, even if he is just a messenger in the end who tells the sad story of the dark history of humanity that gave birth to the dawn of a bright new era. That and the guy has connections to the 2 most dangerous characters in the whole of claymore; Priscilla who has enough power to annihilate a country and most Abyssals and Isley who is super powerful and as cunning as it gets. Raki now plays a role in the balance of power.
Old 2008-06-26, 06:05   Link #1217
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!

Quote:
And how do we know if he really spent all those 7 years with Isley? They obviously parted ways at some point.
Old 2008-06-26, 06:07   Link #1218
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

And Raki is alive so they probably parted on good terms as well
Old 2008-06-26, 06:09   Link #1219
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich_king View Post
And how do we know if he really spent all those 7 years with Isley? They obviously parted ways at some point.
I'm guessing he left after 5 years considering it took a year to go from Rabona to Raki's home town, then it makes sense it took a year to leave the south and head to Rabona too
Old 2008-06-26, 06:16   Link #1220
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
Ooooohh, hit him where it hurts, huh?

I don't think you need to worry about that, I'm sure Clare will be very happy to have her little boy-toy back. She'll just have to handle him with care, not that he's weak, but he's still (probably) human afterall, and you know what yoma strength can do to a person.
I'm sure Clare will be too happy with her boy-toy since now he's full grown man..... Whatta reunion will that be...... They won't leave inn room for 3 days LMAO!
Closed Thread