AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 16:34   Link #481
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Its expected, but is sucks that we lose most if not all of tatsuya's monologues and inner commentary on things around him. Since they were some of my favorite and most hilarious parts.

How he's always just "oh these guys..." and other almost sarcastic type of lines about the things going around him that's so much trouble lol.
Not to mention what some might say was his paranoia. I gotta say that this anime is awfully "quiet" without them.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 17:03   Link #482
RDNexus

I actually wonder why most LN stories are told in a 1st-person basis...
In contrast with the western novels' 3rd-person style of storytelling...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 17:28   Link #483
pampz21
ShipCore

Observation:
Tatsuya has never called Erika or Mizuki by name =)

Just a realization Kirihara is that kind of guy right?
The more you hate; the more you love type of guy?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-04-19 at 17:55.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 17:51   Link #484
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I like the anime. It's doing a pretty good job, but I REALLY wish they didn't cut Miyuki's bedroom monologue. That would have silenced some of the hate directed towards her.

Hope we can get some kind of version of it in the future.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:12   Link #485
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I suspect the Yokohama and Reminiscence arcs will shock them, and after that, Tatsuya and Miyuki's characters would make perfect sense. The Reminiscence arc was actually a watershed, because it resolved and revealed the past, and with that, Mahouka moved on to focus on the future. Scorched Halloween was indeed where the story properly began, all else was but prelude and prologue.

However, I suspect Mahouka would have bled alot of audience, and earn massive amounts of hatred that Yokohama and Reminiscence arc would come under massive amounts of criticism. Some excellent and sharp, but many irrational and driven by the hatedom.

Sample of standard criticism to look forward to:

- So, you are telling me the Imouto wants to jump her brother's bones and worship her brother, because her brother saved her? Yeah.... right..... it still doesn't excuse Miyuki for being a submissive disgrace to all woman.

- Come on now! The Gary Stu wipes an entire fleet and nukes an entire island? The story might as well end right here, right now, we know that every subsequent conflict would end in victory for the MC. I'm out of here, this is ridiculous. (The Visitor Arc of course, demonstrates why those critics are very wrong).

- Japan STRONK! China Sux! End thread (and subsequently, that particular post would be deleted by the mods, and the foolish poster being given a black mark for violating the No-nationalism policy in the anime thread - it's going to happen, this is a guarantee, as amusing as it might be).

- This anime has no winning girl! It's utterly pointless, and once again one of those trashy harems that end with no romantic conclusion. (For those who mistake Mahouka for a harem anime)

- Maya is sexy/fap material/sex symbol character. (A comment whose bad taste will be very apparent if the Nightmare of 2062 is animated. But, no-one could call out such a poster on it, because it requires spoiling the Nightmare)

I look forward to being entertained by the haters sometime in August or September.

Yup.^^ Everything before Scorched Halloween is basically just one long intro, meant to ask and answer the question: Who is Shiba Tatsuya?

"The Great Irregular" that's what!
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:24   Link #486
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I like the anime. It's doing a pretty good job, but I REALLY wish they didn't cut Miyuki's bedroom monologue. That would have silenced some of the hate directed towards her.

There's one later when she says she knows she can`t be with him no matter how much she wants because he is her brother.

The haters can just pick up the novel and read it . Making half-ass conclusion from an anime adaptation that even a person with half a working brain knows it will not cover every detail in the LN its just plain wrong.

I kinda understand the director cutting some monologues. This is a action series with magic and cool fights spending half an episodes on monologue will just make the series boring.
you can bet that more important monologues that are relevant to the story will probably be in the anime but we don`t need to see on screen everything that goes through his head like it does in the novel.
So far even through they skipped some stuff from the LN i say they covered the key story plots pretty good, even the explanation at the beginning was very well done.
And the action scenes, the movement animation its so fluid and smooth, with the slow motion spell casting to give you a better explanation of how the spell is formed without giving the impression that it takes forever to cast a spell i love it.

Also i love that scene with miyuki teasing him and his computer starts popping up error messages on screen. Kinda reflects his state of mind at that time don`t you guys think? its pretty funny.

I had high expectations for this anime, and i`m very pleased so far. Can`t wait for the 9SC and yokohama arc when there's action all over the place it's gonna be a blast.

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-19 at 18:36.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:22   Link #487
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post

That was the omission with BY FAR the biggest impact for me, because it gave Miyuki much more depth, and a new perspective to measure her against. Without it, it's much easier to misunderstand her as merely a talented simplistic brocon. I strongly hope that there is going to be some compensation for this.

Also, I feel that anime-Mayumi will be perceived entirely differently than her LN/Manga version. In the anime, she doesn't come over as flirtatious-playful, but merely as "normal".

Other than that: Extremely entertaining ep!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:43   Link #488
kasimmorathi

I agree, the omission of her interior dialogue is pretty glaring - it goes to some lengths to help bring their relationship into perspective and differentiate it from other incestuous themes in anime.

Also, I will admit the showcasing of his regenerative abilities wasn't particularly effective either. There was no truly evident injury, no sudden restoration to his original self. The scene just felt a little... flat to me in comparison to what it ought to be. Still, the action was great - very disappointed it broke in the middle of the fight with the club.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 20:17   Link #489
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Something they skipped

Inquiring about other people's magic is generally forbidden...
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 21:48   Link #490
kazzuya13

I really like the last part when the club members Tatsuya and they got their ass whipped.
Old 2014-04-19, 22:01   Link #491
Flere821
Lurker

One of the things that stood out the most for me in this episode was "I went too far with my prank" scene - Miyuki's face seems a bit yandere there IMO It wasn't a "I'm sorry" face, but a "If you go after girls again next time you're dead" face to me
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 23:22   Link #492
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
One of the things that stood out the most for me in this episode was "I went too far with my prank" scene - Miyuki's face seems a bit yandere there IMO It wasn't a "I'm sorry" face, but a "If you go after girls again next time you're dead" face to me
Definitely got that impression. That scene was way more intense than I thought it would be.

But wow, Kirihara's voice sounds way different than I imagined.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 23:28   Link #493
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Definitely got that impression. That scene was way more intense than I thought it would be.

But wow, Kirihara's voice sounds way different than I imagined.
I know right~ you can clearly see he's gonna be Gintoki#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-20, 00:04   Link #494
nosaer

And another Mayumi scene gets cut from the anime...a pretty funny one too. I'm disappointed. and Erika hurting her foot on Tatsuya's shin was taken out too. They're cutting all the comedy out of this anime. They could've shortened (or skipped) the whole miyuki attacking tats scene, and left some of the other ones in it.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 00:06   Link #495
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
And another Mayumi scene gets cut from the anime...a pretty funny one too. I'm disappointed. and Erika hurting her foot on Tatsuya's shin was taken out too. They're cutting all the comedy out of this anime. They could've shortened (or skipped) the whole miyuki attacking tats scene, and left some of the other ones in it.
Well they skip alot even Miyuki and Erika but the person whos taking the biggest blow is Mayumi.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-20, 01:00   Link #496
passin'gass
Cropduster

My personal fave scene is when Azusa was fangirling on Tat's CADs

passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:27   Link #497
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
erikas shin kicking scene was in.

Also, im actually very pleased with the anime adaptation. Despite them cutting out some scenes. you'd be a fool if you didn't expect that to happen. Seeing as how much information the LN gives you, they have to be able to fit the most important parts into 24 minutes.
bloodyclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:40   Link #498
Caelus

Ep 3 was an ok episode, but I am seriously getting annoyed by the amount of stuff they skip like they didn't show that kirihara's magic produced extreme noise which affected everyone in the gym, they skipped miyuki's scene which was important also tatsuya and morisaki dialogue was a lot better in the manga, the depiction of tatsuya's magic working in hattori was good but they did it wrong, the waves were supposed to have collision and they still haven't explained how magic exactly works or the differences between course 1 and 2 are they just gonna leave it up to the chibi episodes? if so then that will be a major problem for the anime, it already is quite a big negative that they skip a lot of scenes which are important but also having the basic info about magic system skipped will be a bigger issue because not many people even know about the chibi episodes not only that but for anime-only viewers it will confuses them even more later in the story once they start explaining complex magic like the three great puzzle etc... oh and in the previous episode did they forget about introducing shizuka?
Caelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 01:44   Link #499
Caelus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
erikas shin kicking scene was in.

Also, im actually very pleased with the anime adaptation. Despite them cutting out some scenes. you'd be a fool if you didn't expect that to happen. Seeing as how much information the LN gives you, they have to be able to fit the most important parts into 24 minutes.
Them cutting scenes is not a problem, it's the fact that some of those scenes are important as well as basic info about magic was left out too.
Caelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 05:24   Link #500
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelus View Post
Them cutting scenes is not a problem, it's the fact that some of those scenes are important as well as basic info about magic was left out too.
like what?

they explained how his magic works, the explained how magic power is calculated etc the explanation for his cast jamming will most likely be in next episode.

As some other dude said, it wasn't the sonic blade that made the noise and the sickness, it was tatsuya cast jamming. We will probably see that to in next episode when he kick the entire kenjutsu club ass.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote