AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay night UBW TV - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 16 24.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-30, 23:39   Link #121
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm averse to F/SN but friends convinced me to watch it... through constant nagging.

Anyway, it's much better than expected, and continues to get better.

The episodes are very good. Once again: it remains to be seen if this will be my favorite at the end of the season though...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 03:14   Link #122
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I do hope you'll enjoy it. F/SN fans and Ufotable fans can be quite rabid.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 20:46   Link #123
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm averse to F/SN but friends convinced me to watch it... through constant nagging.

Anyway, it's much better than expected, and continues to get better.

The episodes are very good. Once again: it remains to be seen if this will be my favorite at the end of the season though...
Have fun, just stay as a knowledgeable casual (even if you go play all the VNs or read all the LNs or watch/read all the spinoffs you can stay as a casual, just knowledgeable).
Don't dip too much into the fandom/Nasuverse. It's gonna be as hard as hardcore scientific debates or even political ones
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 21:59   Link #124
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Have fun, just stay as a knowledgeable casual (even if you go play all the VNs or read all the LNs or watch/read all the spinoffs you can stay as a casual, just knowledgeable).
Don't dip too much into the fandom/Nasuverse. It's gonna be as hard as hardcore scientific debates or even political ones
Dniv...just imagine arguing with a dozen LevelSevens and Hamazuras (all of them with different opinions) and you can imagine what dealing with the hardcore Fate/Type-Moon fandom is like.

However, like Okkin says it is easy to casually appreciate the series. I have seen all the anime, read the VNs and I am able to enjoy it all without getting sucked in by the fandom. I see you on most of the series forums I post in (and tend to agree with most of your posts) , so if we have somewhat similar tastes then you should enjoy the Fate Series however you decide to consume it.

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 12:49   Link #125
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fate/stay night 02 - The Curtain Rises

An episode almost entirely driven by dialogue.

Still, the plotline is sailing within familiar territory, though I'm not entering into details.

Because, I watched a previous TYPE-MOON series before Unlimited Blade Works it truly hit me hard when Kotomine addressed the coward Master from the previous war that led into its incomplete state. Furthermore, the conversation between the fake Priest and the boy who wishes to be a hero felt to me with such an insidous tone. As if something was telling me that Shiro will be left with no choice but to either compromise or stray away from his ideals at being a hero of justice during the war's ordeal.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 22:45   Link #126
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Guido View Post

Still, the plotline is sailing within familiar territory, though I'm not entering into details.

Because, I watched a previous TYPE-MOON series before Unlimited Blade Works it truly hit me hard when Kotomine addressed the coward Master from the previous war that led into its incomplete state. Furthermore, the conversation between the fake Priest and the boy who wishes to be a hero felt to me with such an insidous tone. As if something was telling me that Shiro will be left with no choice but to either compromise or stray away from his ideals at being a hero of justice during the war's ordeal.
I like your reviews. Keep up with them. Are you gonna post your Episode 3 review in the Franchise Veteran section since you have seen previous Type-Moon franchises? Or are you gonna go into the Newbie one?
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 09:29   Link #127
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
I like your reviews. Keep up with them. Are you gonna post your Episode 3 review in the Franchise Veteran section since you have seen previous Type-Moon franchises? Or are you gonna go into the Newbie one?
It probably should go in the Franchise Veteran section. It is difficult to write about something unbiased, what he/she decide to focus on in a review will get influenced by the spoilers he/she already knows. Because of this there is a change he/she will accidentally spoils something.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 09:32   Link #128
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Depends on who the review is written by of course.
Old 2014-11-03, 10:25   Link #129
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Depends on who the review is written by of course.
I'm referring to these rules:
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, the one thing I'll say is that we don't want "covert ops" or "bad actors". Meaning, we don't want people who are spoiled to pretend they're not and participate in spoiler-free threads leaving hints or answering questions. So if you're actively reading the spoiler threads but then participating in the spoiler-free discussion, all those spoilers are going to influence your thinking. People who are like "I never played the game, but I've read all the spoiler threads and spoilers online" should probably go to the spoiler threads. Plus sometimes spoiled viewers feel like they need to do anime-only viewers a "favour" by explaining things to them or correcting misunderstandings, and we don't want that either.

So... while I'm not going to say 100% that people can never participate in both sides, we would be very harsh against someone who drops any sort of spoilers/hints in the spoiler-free thread. So it may not be worth it.
Writing reviews in the New Viewers section can be done, but it would be risky.
Old 2014-11-03, 10:28   Link #130
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So you're saying that just because they are writing a review, they must be spoiling people, and whether or not they actually know of the source material is irrelevant?
Old 2014-11-03, 10:35   Link #131
GDB

No, they're talking about the person who they just said they want to read more reviews by who said they watched previous TypeMoon works. Not sure what all he's watched, but clearly it's at least Fate/Zero.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 10:44   Link #132
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So you're saying that just because they are writing a review, they must be spoiling people, and whether or not they actually know of the source material is irrelevant?
No, I just made comment about in which section Guido should place his future reviews. Guido seems to have seen a previous TYPE-MOON series. This would make him/her a Franchise Veterans, meaning his/her reviews should go in the Franchise Veterans section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

EDIT: If he/she has seen just Fate/Zero his review can also go in the "F/SN UBW TV - Discussion/Speculation for Fate/Zero Anime-Only Viewers" thread in the New Viewers section.
Old 2017-10-18, 16:51   Link #133
kitten320

I really wish Saber would show more recognition of F/Z events. Saber was pretty close with Irisviel and yet all she does is give small glare of recognition to Ilya. Not that I expect some sort of happy reunion or whatever but still.

Not to mention that Saber was born from a circle in which last time, she saw Irisviel dying. Actually that whole house should have been of more importance to her.

Just a small something would be welcomed. At the very least I hope she does tell Shirou in a future that his "dad" used to be her master.
Old 2017-10-19, 19:18   Link #134
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I really wish Saber would show more recognition of F/Z events. Saber was pretty close with Irisviel and yet all she does is give small glare of recognition to Ilya. Not that I expect some sort of happy reunion or whatever but still.

Not to mention that Saber was born from a circle in which last time, she saw Irisviel dying. Actually that whole house should have been of more importance to her.

Just a small something would be welcomed. At the very least I hope she does tell Shirou in a future that his "dad" used to be her master.
Saber wants the grail. She withheld telling Shirou anything to keep him focused.
Old 2017-10-21, 02:23   Link #135
iBeast

Why are we bumping this relic?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 15:35   Link #136
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Why are we bumping this relic?
Cause some people are watching it just now.