AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2018-06-07, 15:30   Link #3361
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
chap 106 is out, and we get more context of things, and I am still salty about Sasha
If TVTropes is reliable, then Isayama originally planned to kill her far earlier but her popularity made her stay alive for a longer time.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-07, 19:31   Link #3362
Wandering Soul

I recall Isayama did state in an earlier interview that a rift would form between Eren and Armin, and now it looks like we just saw what started that rift. Armin hopes that things will progress to a point that they can be settled with negotiations, while Eren believes that Marley's animostiy towards them won't disappear and that the only way a future can be secured is by taking down Marley first. Eren didn't just decided to attack on his own, but he actually left for Marley by himself and let everyone else know through a letter. The main trio's relationship is in shambles now due to Eren and Armin's differing ideals and Eren's decision to do things on his own.

It was funny watching Hange gush over new types of technology. Also that bullet transition scene with Sasha was well done.
Old 2018-06-07, 21:28   Link #3363
kitten320

Spoiler for Just in case, chapter 106:

Last edited by kitten320; 2018-06-07 at 21:42.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 03:15   Link #3364
LelouchR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I recall Isayama did state in an earlier interview that a rift would form between Eren and Armin, and now it looks like we just saw what started that rift. Armin hopes that things will progress to a point that they can be settled with negotiations, while Eren believes that Marley's animostiy towards them won't disappear and that the only way a future can be secured is by taking down Marley first. Eren didn't just decided to attack on his own, but he actually left for Marley by himself and let everyone else know through a letter. The main trio's relationship is in shambles now due to Eren and Armin's differing ideals and Eren's decision to do things on his own.

It was funny watching Hange gush over new types of technology. Also that bullet transition scene with Sasha was well done.
Apparently, the author decided to make an attempt to intrigue us, but I think bad idea!
Old 2018-06-08, 03:21   Link #3365
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
If TVTropes is reliable, then Isayama originally planned to kill her far earlier but her popularity made her stay alive for a longer time.
Well,to be frank she and Connie probably the least relevant main characters. Their death is not impact much aside fandom reaction, it just matter of time Isayama disposed them.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 11:59   Link #3366
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This chapter confirmed all my speculations. I didn't think there would be this many traitors from Marley though. We need a flashback telling Zeke's side of the story now. I don't know if it'll be important, but Levi is under the assumption Zeke's grandparents are dead, and perhaps believes it's part of the reason he betrayed Marley. However, we know his grandfather is still alive since Eren met him.

With Eren now having the power of the Jaw titan, Annie can be freed from the crystal. I expect the next chapter to deal with that.
Old 2018-06-08, 12:35   Link #3367
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know if it'll be important, but Levi is under the assumption Zeke's grandparents are dead, and perhaps believes it's part of the reason he betrayed Marley. However, we know his grandfather is still alive since Eren met him.
Levi is talking about the current day where he's saying that Marley most likely executed Eren's grandparents as scapegoats for his attack.
Old 2018-06-08, 13:22   Link #3368
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This chapter confirmed all my speculations. I didn't think there would be this many traitors from Marley though. We need a flashback telling Zeke's side of the story now. I don't know if it'll be important, but Levi is under the assumption Zeke's grandparents are dead, and perhaps believes it's part of the reason he betrayed Marley. However, we know his grandfather is still alive since Eren met him.

With Eren now having the power of the Jaw titan, Annie can be freed from the crystal. I expect the next chapter to deal with that.
He didn't get the Jaws. Remember, Reiner pulled him out before he got nommed. He does have the War Hammer though, but we've seen Jaws is tougher than War Hammer in terms of density if its on part with her crystal cocoon.
Old 2018-06-08, 14:11   Link #3369
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ah, that's right, I got Warhammer and Jaw confused. Then I guess Zeke might know of a way to break Annie out of her crystal.

About the grandparents, it doesn't make much sense for Zeke to abandon them when he sacrificed his own parents to ensure their safety. I actually thought they were part of the reason he faked his death. They have nothing to do with Eren either, and Zeke's contribution to Marley should outweigh Eren's actions. Of course, Piecke has already figured out Zeke is a traitor, but Levi and Zeke don't know that.
Old 2018-06-08, 14:55   Link #3370
ReddyRedWolf

More than the allies they made these three years Paradis is divided between Hawks and Doves.

Both comes toward a MAD scenario. Doves wants to convince the rest of the world Paradis isn't made out of monsters. Hawks want Marley destroyed for all the injustice Marley did to them. The Wall Titans as deterrent.

Thing is either way Zeke had to be extracted. But since Zeke is on a clock Eren took matters into his own hands. Willy upped the ante with his scheme to make Paradis as scapegoat.

For other countries it comes down to they will side or consider a greater threat, Paradis or Marley?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 18:52   Link #3371
Toukairin
Banned

In any case, the presence of Marleyan defectors shows me that Marley is more fragile than one would think. It's like Poland and Finland hating the Russian Empire in the early 20th Century. Since other countries have heard little of Paradis until now while they were at war for years and sustained heavy casualties against Marley, my guess is that they would rather try forging alliances with the new power that is Paradis... at least for now.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-06-12 at 01:36.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 15:37   Link #3372
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I recall Isayama did state in an earlier interview that a rift would form between Eren and Armin, and now it looks like we just saw what started that rift. Armin hopes that things will progress to a point that they can be settled with negotiations, while Eren believes that Marley's animostiy towards them won't disappear and that the only way a future can be secured is by taking down Marley first.
To be precise, he didn't believe the animosity would disappear in the time Zeke had left. Which is a fair assessment. I mean, what were they doing when Eren launched his attack?

Also, looks like Eren's the only one with a better hairstyle post-timeskip.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 23:47   Link #3373
The Small One

What surprised me the most in this chapter was, that Zeke obviously knew about his royal heritage.
This really makes me wonder how he got this information. As far as we know, his parents never told him. And even if they did, in his young age he was a loyal Marleyan soldier and would have told his seniors. So he propably only acquired this knowledge at a time he was already in doubt.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 10:11   Link #3374
bastek66

Raws are up last page of latest chapter shows that Historia
Spoiler for new chap:
Old 2018-07-04, 10:14   Link #3375
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Raws are up last page of latest chapter shows that Historia
Spoiler for new chap:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 10:43   Link #3376
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Who is the father?
Levi? Armin? Jean? Connie?
Or maybe? Fat old geezer?
Old 2018-07-04, 11:57   Link #3377
GDB

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 13:56   Link #3378
scififan

Historia wants to inherit beast titan's ability and Eren is against the idea?
No matter what, it seems she will return to the frontline and get killed.
Does Mikasa's tatto have hidden meaning?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 15:33   Link #3379
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2018-07-04, 18:26   Link #3380
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote: