AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-30, 15:53   Link #24821
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
There's obviously going to be some serious issues between the humans and the monsters after what Alucard did. The third season could be about making peace between the two while also going back to more of the school life aspect of the series.
That's what I mentioned back when I predicted this arc to be the end of Alucard (which some vehemently claimed to be impossible, I might add). A monster/human conflict with the characters in middle would've great potential, at least much more than the endless fight against "H.R. Gigerzilla".

Unfortunately I don't think Ikeda can go back to just light-hearted school slice-of-life. Since he cut out all ecchi content and replaced it with more shounen action, which in itself is fine I suppose, he'd be missing a main feature; the classic monster theme burned out long ago.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 16:03   Link #24822
amtro
Distro

Went back and reread some older chapters. Remember how the 'Masked King' was supposedly the ancestor of the Miu family? Does that make Sai Lung a vampire, or something?
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 16:23   Link #24823
Tachibana
タチバナ

So Mikogami lied, he originally told Tsukune that the Holy Lock wasn't designed for him, but in truth it did to Tsukune what Mikogami wanted. So basically Mikogami was turning Tsukune into a Shinso from the start.
Old 2013-12-30, 16:29   Link #24824
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
So Mikogami lied, he originally told Tsukune that the Holy Lock wasn't designed for him, but in truth it did to Tsukune what Mikogami wanted. So basically Mikogami was turning Tsukune into a Shinso from the start.
If you recall he did say something about "is growing well" or something along this line in season one.

That and we always know that he had some kind of plan for Tsukune.

But yeah, in the end he did lied to him.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 16:38   Link #24825
zibi88

I was wondering... what if author wants to reveal the bus drivers identity in last chapter :P and we know that it will be "66.6" so maybe bus driver is in reality the hell ruller.... Satan (666 hint) who uses his earth figure while suppressing powers like mikogami ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 16:46   Link #24826
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

So the eggs are being resolved, and we're getting color pages for the next and final chapter....

....it's the end for sure T-T.

I did like the coexistence tid-bit, happy that Ikeda was able to keep that in his mind. I also liked the development with the headmaster, who purposefully brought Tsukune to this point. But as Tsukune said, it was his choice....

I love the Midou cameo. That was just plain humorous. As was Mizore's mum manning the AA cannon. Gin's reason to save the humans was probably the best one out there... ;D

And honestly, Alucard's plan was a bit confusing. The end goal of taking over Japan was pretty dastardly, in reality, because he'd have the whole nation as hostage. But the fact that the eggs were everywhere means that, well, they should have been everywhere! Lol. I guess they made like the bus Driver and went through some teleporting wormhole.
Old 2013-12-30, 16:47   Link #24827
amtro
Distro

Nothing has been building up to that revelation, it would be in extremely poor taste and downright awful authorship to pull something like that in the ending chapter.
I'm still going for an epilogue chapter showing what becomes of Tsukune, Moka and Co.
Old 2013-12-30, 16:51   Link #24828
Tachibana
タチバナ

This chapter also answered another question. We originally thought that the jet black armor-like appearance that Tsukune gained was the result of him turning into a ghoul and mutating, however, that was not the case at all but in fact it was Tsukune using the Shinso's "Creation" ability, just like what hes doing right now, but in the past whenever he went ghoul during the ritual and while at the Floating Garden, he was unconsciously using this ability which is why he took on those appearances.

So like any other vampire, his TRUE appearance is the same but instead hes a Shinso.
Old 2013-12-30, 16:52   Link #24829
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

I hope so as well. But beggars can't be choosers. I've enjoyed this ride, I couldn't care if it's ending this chapter or in 100 more chapters.

Also, Issa is the bus driver. He went into hiding because he found out what Miyabi was and realized he couldn't stop him alone. So he hid and decided to look after his one daughter who wasn't in Gyokuro's clutches.

And then he met Tsukune. I bet you ten bucks Issa's going to tell him "You earned it, young man. You get a good job, now! My girl deserves the very best!"
Old 2013-12-30, 17:03   Link #24830
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, it seems that the predictions that me and some of the old FrankyHouse forum members speculated about has been proven about the holy lock. It was indeed a filter for adaptability for Tsukune. ...And to think we predicted that all the way back when season 2 was just getting started.

The egg thing is resolved, but it's debatable if the barriers around the various youkai areas were damaged or destroyed as a result of this mass hatching.

And it looks like people that had "supposedly" died, were very much alive and well. Wonder what Mikogami did to get Midao and Mako to turn over a new leaf.

If it turns out that Issa really IS the Bus Driver, chances are he's busy fishing Akasha out of Alucard while he's distracted with Tsukune and the rest. So we could see a whole lot of things happen next chapter.
Old 2013-12-30, 17:21   Link #24831
mrShady

Well I guess the series has really been cancelled. The strongest possible foe is about to be finished (unless we get a really weird dark ending) and about every mystery is resolved.
It feels like a huge rush job but it is what it is, shame really but this arc and the floating garden arc was just too slow. The "switch" in genre probably didn't help the sales either. Let's hope he can finish it somewhat satisfyingly.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 17:30   Link #24832
Yorae_paladin1

Issa the bus driver wow if that was true he fell on hard times as he lost everything to gyokuro
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 17:40   Link #24833
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
This chapter also answered another question. We originally thought that the jet black armor-like appearance that Tsukune gained was the result of him turning into a ghoul and mutating, however, that was not the case at all but in fact it was Tsukune using the Shinso's "Creation" ability, just like what hes doing right now, but in the past whenever he went ghoul during the ritual and while at the Floating Garden, he was unconsciously using this ability which is why he took on those appearances.

So like any other vampire, his TRUE appearance is the same but instead hes a Shinso.
I don't think so, but instead I believe it is his own twist to the shinso. A shinso's ability of creation is not bound to creating black objects, Akasha is known to have used an armor that was a very snug fit and Alucard himself has never manifested any black armor. His armor is for the most part pale.
Also if you look at Tsukune closely you can see where the armor ends and where his body begins, as you can with Moka as well.
Take notice of how the black skin covers his arms and hands, how his nails contrast.
I think it is more plausible to assume that Tsukune formed the appearance of his form based on his own fears.
Another interesting detail: In pages 1, 13 and 28 you can see small teeth added to the bottom part of Tsukune's shoulder pieces. These are fashioned after Alucard's own form with the gem adorning the piece supposed to bear a resemblance to Alucard's own gem, lending more credit to my theory that Tsukune formed his appearance after his own fears.

The ribbon floating around Tsukune's waist can also be seen on Alucard's monstrous form for whatever reason.
Old 2013-12-30, 18:47   Link #24834
KLGChaos
The Shermain

The manga ending will finally give me a reason to go back and read it. I was not a fan of the complete genre shift at all and felt the last three years were just a drag on Naruto levels. Still, I loved the series in the beginning and would like to at least finish it once it's done, even if reading it monthly held little joy for me.

Was really not a fan of Tsukune throwing away his humanity in the end. Seemed to go against everything the series was originally working towards--- peace between humans and monsters.
Old 2013-12-30, 19:02   Link #24835
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

For some odd reason i'm rooting for Alucard O_O
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 19:07   Link #24836
bludvein

I didn't get the impression that R&V was doing all that well in the rankings, but not to the level of being up for cancellation. Whats with this rush ending? If Ikeda wanted to end it from his side, then he could have done it over like 5 chapters comfortably.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 19:21   Link #24837
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I didn't get the impression that R&V was doing all that well in the rankings, but not to the level of being up for cancellation. Whats with this rush ending? If Ikeda wanted to end it from his side, then he could have done it over like 5 chapters comfortably.
He's probably feeling a lot of pressure due to lowering sales, I'm sure, even if it wasn't a complete cancellation. Someone probably told him to "wrap it up". It's not the first series that had something like that happen when it started to drag (the Goddess arc in TWGOK had a fairly rushed ending as well). The genre shift brought on some new people, but also alienated a lot of the people who picked it up for it's RomCom/Ecchi, both of which have been missing for 3 years.
Old 2013-12-30, 19:24   Link #24838
amtro
Distro

Ikeda always intended for this to be the ending. In a previous interview he stated that part two would be 13 volumes long, if anything it dragged on a bit too much.
Anyhow I keep seeing these light wings and ribbons everywhere. Moka has wings on her feet now as well, but last time I checked she never trained in the use of youjutsu.
Old 2013-12-30, 20:12   Link #24839
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Ikeda always intended for this to be the ending. In a previous interview he stated that part two would be 13 volumes long, if anything it dragged on a bit too much.
Anyhow I keep seeing these light wings and ribbons everywhere. Moka has wings on her feet now as well, but last time I checked she never trained in the use of youjutsu.
Well, if this is the ending, he definitely dragged it on and now has one chapter to tie up a ton of loose plot threads, which I highly doubt he can do. Everything from humans and monster relations to the girls to Tsukune having to deal with the fact that he's no longer human, etc. It's just too much for one chapter to handle.
Old 2013-12-30, 20:32   Link #24840
Soji

The prolbem is:
1 Tsukune already accept his new status and you can clearly see in this ch.

2 Moster (Like I already say) are helping the humans again Alucard clones or whatever you want to call them and I'm pretty sure this will help the humans and monsters coexistence.

Also is not the first time that a story end with a brief epilogue after a timeskip.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire