AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-12, 15:42   Link #81
Itlandm
Porcupine

Of course, his decision to return was probably made easier by the fact that, should he stay, he would be smothered in women and die horribly from his allergy...
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 00:52   Link #82
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

1st ep was brilliant!!
Good harem anime is hard to come by, and this one is actually interesting and funny. When the 2 little girls stare at yukinari with big teary eyes, it was so cuuuute and made u think, what the hell do they want? Then bam! they want loli on little girly man action. Most harem main guys are about as interesting as watching a pane of glass flow, but Yukinari is real likable. Harem anime usually have a 2nd male character, wonder if Girls Bravo has one too, and hopefully he'll be awesome (like Suginami in Da Capo, the teacher in Yumeria).
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 03:08   Link #83
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
He kinda has a good side. He decided to go back on his own when he saw Kirie crying.

Eventho we know she's been abusing him all this time, probably the reason why he has girl phobia in the first place. ^^

I think Secca just solved Yukari cause of his allegy!!!

You should be a psycharitrist you know?

But i must admit that does make Yukari special, i mean if that was me i would of developed a S&M fetish.... (probably)

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2004-07-13 at 14:59.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 08:53   Link #84
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Episode 2, ^^
Spoiler for screenshots ep 2:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 18:27   Link #85
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcat
if you guys haven't noticed yet, Yukinari's VA is Mamiko Noto (The Melody of Oblivion - The Melody of Oblivion, Shimako - Marimite). i think this is her first time voicing a guy (not sure). She makes him sound like a low voice girl at times, and a little boy in others. but yeah, i agree with nubby saying that Kawasumi Ayako's nice/cute/kind voice is getting a little overplayed. hope she mixes it up a little in the future. fuu's angry voice + hikari's happy-go-lucky voice would be nice if possible ^^;
Mamiko is also Nina-tan of MONSTER
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 00:35   Link #86
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

ep. 2:
Spoiler:

i can't wait for the DVDs...i may even order the R2's hehe...the censorship is nuts (they cut away from at least 2 scenes in ep. 2, not that that's all that bad, but the fog was back with vengeance...it's even in the ED!)
btw...i MUST have a gif of Miharu from the ED...OMG is it funny (btw no ep. preview for this episode...oh well)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 03:35   Link #87
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i can't wait for the DVDs...i may even order the R2's hehe...the censorship is nuts (they cut away from at least 2 scenes in ep. 2, not that that's all that bad, but the fog was back with vengeance...it's even in the ED!)
btw...i MUST have a gif of Miharu from the ED...OMG is it funny (btw no ep. preview for this episode...oh well)
it looks kinda foggy, what do you think? ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-07-14 at 05:15.
Old 2004-07-14, 08:03   Link #88
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Episode 2, ^^
Spoiler for screenshots ep 2:
OUCH!!!! That was a magnificient elbow crush back there. haha~ Can he still survive huh??
Girls Bravo sure a one amusing little title. Despite Yukinari is small(Short) but his kinda physically fit huh?? Since he manage to survive that explotion cause my Miharu.
I wonder when would the 2nd fansub ep will be comnig. Can't wait for the next one.
P/s: Isn't Miharu sounds abit like Chii from Chobits...whe's kinda naive in such a way...which i can't seems to put it in words.
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 14:43   Link #89
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Noticed this by chance:
http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=6619

... that fog covering up nude bodies in episode 1 was not meant to be there...

Or: this series is actually more ecchi than the TV version will show.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 17:38   Link #90
Marine-RX179

'Makino Ryuichi, the animation character designer for the new Girls Bravo anime TV series'

I thought character designer for the anime was the author of the Girls Bravo Manga, but it seem that's not the case......or is Makino Ryuichi actually the character designer for the Manga as well just that I didn't know that for the Manga the character designer and the author two different people?
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 20:21   Link #91
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I might start rooting for Kirie, for some reason she kinda remind me of Ayase in Midori no Hibi. ^^;;
Old 2004-07-15, 00:58   Link #92
Marine-RX179

Quote:
I might start rooting for Kirie, for some reason she kinda remind me of Ayase in Midori no Hibi. ^^;;
You are not the first one said that.....but I just don't know why people think that. Ayase in Midori No Hibi actually go all out to try and do almost anything to catch Seji's attention and so obvious that almost anyone (except Seji lol) would notice she's got a thing for him. But in Kirie's case, even though she really care for Yukinari (possibly in love in him as well), but she does not show anything more then just being a friend.

If talking about similarity wise, I think Kirie is much more like Akina from 'UFO Princess Warukyure', where Akina is the childhood friend of Kazuo who grown up with him.....even thought she's in love him, she never did show her feeling for him anymore than just a close friend. Akina's personality is somewhat of a strong and dominating person, but at time also showing her soft side (again, very similar to Kirie as in Girls Bravo's ep1, even though Kirie was punching and kicking Yukinari around, when he disappear, she was really worried and cried really hard).
Old 2004-07-15, 01:26   Link #93
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
'Makino Ryuichi, the animation character designer for the new Girls Bravo anime TV series'

I thought character designer for the anime was the author of the Girls Bravo Manga, but it seem that's not the case......or is Makino Ryuichi actually the character designer for the Manga as well just that I didn't know that for the Manga the character designer and the author two different people?
I have a issue of Shonen Ace which features a chapter of the Girls Bravo manga,
and I can tell you the style is MUCH different from the anime. What the anime
character design did remind me of was Battle Programmer Shirase, and checking
the ANN Encyclopedia, I was right -- Makino Ryuichi also did character design for BPS.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 05:35   Link #94
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
If talking about similarity wise, I think Kirie is much more like Akina from 'UFO Princess Warukyure', where Akina is the childhood friend of Kazuo who grown up with him.....even thought she's in love him, she never did show her feeling for him anymore than just a close friend. Akina's personality is somewhat of a strong and dominating person, but at time also showing her soft side (again, very similar to Kirie as in Girls Bravo's ep1, even though Kirie was punching and kicking Yukinari around, when he disappear, she was really worried and cried really hard).
Well you got the point there. Is really very similar between both of them, but i think Kirie is abit too harsh and beats the crap out of Yukinari quite hard. Akina didn't go that far as i know, yah~ probably the only difference between both of them is that Kirie is more unreasonable and a little..... or should i say way too harsh.... soredewa unna, dai kirai....
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 10:57   Link #95
Itlandm
Porcupine

It is not easy to compare Ayase and Kirie, because Seiji was (thanks to his sister) not an "uke" character like so many boys in popular anime. But I really can't see Ayase beating up Kouta-kun, for instance. Bark at him, sure, but not kick him in the face. Kirie is more the "big sister" type of girl. She'll give her life for you if needed, but as long as she lives she will make you miserable "for your own good". I really can't think of her as a romantic alternative, it would be almost perverse.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 16:19   Link #96
Killerattacks

Quote:
Noticed this by chance:
http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=6619

... that fog covering up nude bodies in episode 1 was not meant to be there...

Or: this series is actually more ecchi than the TV version will show.
Yeah, there was one scene where I noticed a really strange behaviour of the fog. In lunars version of girls bravo 1 v2 check out this timecode: 19:32 -> 19:34.
The whole Image scrolls vertically from the top to the bottom, but the fog slowly fades in without moving at all! This means the whole image moves, but the fog appears like the image wouldnt move at all. If you do frameseeking around frame ~28126 you can't even see the characters any more, since they are fully covered by the appearing fog.
I think, if they really have to edit the whole thing, they should at least do a decent job (you can see all the mentioned effects even without frame seeking, just by seeing the actual ep.).
Killerattacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 23:06   Link #97
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
It is not easy to compare Ayase and Kirie, because Seiji was (thanks to his sister) not an "uke" character like so many boys in popular anime. But I really can't see Ayase beating up Kouta-kun, for instance. Bark at him, sure, but not kick him in the face. Kirie is more the "big sister" type of girl. She'll give her life for you if needed, but as long as she lives she will make you miserable "for your own good". I really can't think of her as a romantic alternative, it would be almost perverse.
Kirie is more like Rin from MnH than Ayase, even though she whales on, tortures, and steals from her lil brother, she still loves him enough to train him (though his training reminded me of the rugby episode of FMP FUMOFFU). She can also be compared to Yuna or...Rin (trend?) from Maburaho...or Naru from Love Hina

anyway, it's blatantly obvious that the fog shouldn't be there in episode 2, and there are a few scenes where the "camera" shifts to an external view when it's obvious something happened.

BTW, that lil Miharu pic'll be my new avvy (until the DVDs come out...) thanks Secca
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 07:01   Link #98
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Well you got the point there. Is really very similar between both of them, but i think Kirie is abit too harsh and beats the crap out of Yukinari quite hard. Akina didn't go that far as i know, yah~ probably the only difference between both of them is that Kirie is more unreasonable and a little..... or should i say way too harsh.... soredewa unna, dai kirai....
I think the difference there is not because of their personalities, but it's the differences between the main male characters (Yukinari and Kuzuo). Yukinari was designed to be the typical 'whimpy' type of male character and make some foolish mistakes from time to time (like Kentaro from Love Hina), where as for Kuzuo, he is a much more mature person having to go to school, run the business for the their bath house and always be at the best interest for his family....he's the kind of kind and gentle goody goody person that I can't find anything that can be criticised about him.
If Kuzuo was anything like Yukinari, I bet you can count on seeing lots of spiritual attacks from Akina for sure...(which would make her 100 times more deadly than Kirie lol).
Old 2004-07-17, 01:03   Link #99
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Already finished watching the first episode of Girls Bravo.

My verdict is:

Hanaukyo Maid Tai + Love Hina = Girls Bravo
Well at least that impression for me holds true for about 50% due that I saw the first episodes. There are still more episodes to come by.

The title may be or not could have implied that there's going to be a second season.

Miharu's voice sure was kawaii and soothing, but why did she reminded me of Mahoro?

Because her seiyuu also voiced Mahoro, as also Hikari in KonoMinikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai.

Did you found odd the heavy bath steam presented whenever Miharu was naked or taking her clothes off?
This is due that the TV network which is broadcasting Girls BRAVO has undergone some censorship while broadcasting it.
However, the DVD release (in Japan) will have those scenes without the thick steam present.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-17, 01:06   Link #100
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Seeing clear boobies makes it feel less kawaii to me.
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, shounen