AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-12-10, 09:05   Link #22721
zztop

Does anyone think the upcoming Arifureta anime will get as good a visual treatment and episode setup as Shield Hero's getting?

My understanding is that Arifureta is very popular among the Japanese fanbase; ranking #3 in this Syosetu ranking (http://yomou.syosetu.com/rank/list/type/total_total/) and popular enough until the anime staff had to postpone airing for reworks after massive complaints about the character design in the 1st PV.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 10:38   Link #22722
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Overlap released one of the color inserts for volume 9. I just knew white Shizuku would show up somewhere.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here's a rough translation for the table of contents:
Spoiler:

Interestingly, no epilogue in this volume.
Midnight Girls talk... True Heart EHHH... I assume the extra chapter would be the time when Hajime and Yue are out cold... and Shizuku would be well you know...

that means either Volume 10 will be the final volume or Volume 11 will be the real final volume... depends how long will the final battle be excecuted I guess
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 10:54   Link #22723
Triok123

^I think th midnight girls talk is likely between kaori and shizuku...about getting in the harem board...
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 11:05   Link #22724
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wasn't there bunch of things to do even after Shizuku arc? I remember finding what Yue actually is, Nagumo berserk, war prep and bunch of other things on curbstomping Ehito place for the final battle... I don't know whether it's enough for 2 volumes

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 13:04   Link #22725
The Green One

Shizuku has a second form? I must not be remembering her right from the WN. Or is the LN exclusive?
Old 2018-12-10, 14:34   Link #22726
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Does anyone think the upcoming Arifureta anime will get as good a visual treatment and episode setup as Shield Hero's getting?

My understanding is that Arifureta is very popular among the Japanese fanbase; ranking #3 in this Syosetu ranking (http://yomou.syosetu.com/rank/list/type/total_total/) and popular enough until the anime staff had to postpone airing for reworks after massive complaints about the character design in the 1st PV.
Naturally, we want the best adaptation possible, but it's hard to draw any conclusions without at least seeing a trailer first. Even if the animation doesn't knock my socks off, I'll be happy as long as the story pacing is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Shizuku has a second form? I must not be remembering her right from the WN. Or is the LN exclusive?
It's the main trial of that labyrinth. Everyone has to overcome a manifested reflection of themselves that represents the negative thoughts and feelings they try to deny or unconsciously bury.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 16:31   Link #22727
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Overlap released one of the color inserts for volume 9. I just knew white Shizuku would show up somewhere.
Images
It really becomes apparent that the artist can't draw guys just as well huh...too specialized I guess.

Quote:
Daily Life chapter 29 is out. Yue's and Kaori's faces while they're suspecting Shizuku, priceless. All the special bonus illustrations and covers for the upcoming manga volumes are looking good too. The normal mode/macho mode Shea cover for Daily Life volume 2 cracks me up every time I see it.
I missed the wackiness

Quote:
Naturally, we want the best adaptation possible, but it's hard to draw any conclusions without at least seeing a trailer first. Even if the animation doesn't knock my socks off, I'll be happy as long as the story pacing is good.
It will almost certainly & inevitably end up getting labeled as "just another isekai anime" w/ how tropey it is w/ all the cliche's that's been overused lately so I hope it at least gets adapted well enough that people enjoy it nonetheless.

Reminds me of how Deathmarch anime's adaptation wasn't bad but it just went by & ended with little afterthought or interest for most.
Old 2018-12-10, 16:42   Link #22728
Triok123

^I think Takyaki's strong point are cute girl, and extremely kawaii style, which in my opinion does not suit the tone of this ln at all...he can't reflect the anger and pain in his drawing, and that's why I think the manga does a much better job portraying the character...
Old 2018-12-10, 19:00   Link #22729
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Wasn't there bunch of things to do even after Shizuku arc? I remember finding what Yue actually is, Nagumo berserk, war prep and bunch of other things on curbstomping Ehito place for the final battle... I don't know whether it's enough for 2 volumes
Iirc, it should be enough, or 3 volumes max
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 20:37   Link #22730
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
It really becomes apparent that the artist can't draw guys just as well huh...too specialized I guess.

I missed the wackiness

It will almost certainly & inevitably end up getting labeled as "just another isekai anime" w/ how tropey it is w/ all the cliche's that's been overused lately so I hope it at least gets adapted well enough that people enjoy it nonetheless.

Reminds me of how Deathmarch anime's adaptation wasn't bad but it just went by & ended with little afterthought or interest for most.
Funnily enough, the male leads in Takayaki's other manga/LNs actually aren't that bad. Well, even Hajime has shown improvement over the course of the series, but yeah, the heroines definitely sell a harem story. Proportion is also an issue in this particular illustration.

I don't really expect the critics to be able to pick up on the nuance that the tropes are in Arifureta intentionally as part of the joke due to the author's love of template scenarios. If the worst criticism that the show gets is that it's too generic, then I would be happy.

To be honest, I never thought that series like Death March and Isekai Smartphone were all that suitable for anime adaptations because even in the source material it takes a very long time before their plots ever go anywhere. OP isekai slice of life stories are pretty much a genre unto themselves now, but they don't exactly make for the most exciting watching.

In comparison, this season's Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken isn't really all that different in terms of spending a lot of its run time world building, but it is getting a lot more positive response due to a better fleshed out protagonist and more even story pacing. That's where I think that Arifureta's advantage lies as well. The main story is primarily plot and character driven, so it should translate well into anime format.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
^I think Takyaki's strong point are cute girl, and extremely kawaii style, which in my opinion does not suit the tone of this ln at all...he can't reflect the anger and pain in his drawing, and that's why I think the manga does a much better job portraying the character...
I have to disagree about the tone of the story. Sure, some dark things do occur from time to time, but the gut wrenching moments never last long. The overall narrative remains generally lighthearted, bordering on comical more often than not. Hajime himself displays very little in the way of actual edge or angst in the story, approaching most situations with his own characteristic brand of dry humor.

***Edit***
Looks like Overlap just released a bonus illustration of Yue for winning the heroine popularity poll they had way back in April.
Images

Last edited by borisdrakoni; 2018-12-14 at 05:38.
Old 2018-12-14, 09:52   Link #22731
dimlik

^There is also another illustration, boris, with Shea's tits XD (will show you later, if I have more internet...)

HERE IT IS, NEW ILLUSTRATION, Shea's mountains: http://drulsrecord.ru/%d1%82%d1%80%d0%bf/
(With and without censorship. Dunno why it is even there, it hides almost nothing...)

Last edited by dimlik; 2018-12-14 at 15:53.
dimlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 16:15   Link #22732
Triok123

^don't remember the scene??in which chapter happened?
Old 2018-12-14, 19:19   Link #22733
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlik View Post
^There is also another illustration, boris, with Shea's tits XD (will show you later, if I have more internet...)

HERE IT IS, NEW ILLUSTRATION, Shea's mountains: http://drulsrecord.ru/%d1%82%d1%80%d0%bf/
(With and without censorship. Dunno why it is even there, it hides almost nothing...)
The second image is not loading. Was it supposed to be the one without censorship?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 21:06   Link #22734
sierra117
Harem Seeker

I just noticed this but Hajime's artificial arm looks different from before
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 22:03   Link #22735
Algester

https://arifureta.com/news/news-223/
comiket
that B1 tapestry though....
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 00:59   Link #22736
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlik View Post

I honestly can't tell whether that illustration is genuinely from volume 9. The minor differences in the character designs lead me to suspect that it's fan art, but the quality is so close to the LN that I can't completely rule out that it's real either. Hats off to the artist either way. That's an impressive image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
^don't remember the scene??in which chapter happened?
The text is from chapter 140 of the WN, although the scene there doesn't go down exactly as pictured.

Here's a couple of more illustrations from volume 9 courtesy of Akibablog's preview.
Images
Images
The end of the article seems to hint at some possible good news being announced in the near future. Who knows, maybe we'll finally get to see a trailer before the end of the year.
Old 2018-12-15, 03:17   Link #22737
dimlik

Quote:
I honestly can't tell whether that illustration is genuinely from volume 9. The minor differences in the character designs lead me to suspect that it's fan art, but the quality is so close to the LN that I can't completely rule out that it's real either. Hats off to the artist either way. That's an impressive image.

The text is from chapter 140 of the WN, although the scene there doesn't go down exactly as pictured.

Here's a couple of more illustrations from volume 9 courtesy of Akibablog's preview.
Images
Images
The end of the article seems to hint at some possible good news being announced in the near future. Who knows, maybe we'll finally get to see a trailer before the end of the year.
Wow, never thought of possibility of it being a fan-art... Though now I see the minor differences.
Shea is looking kinda similar to another of her images from different volume, just a background and hair are different... Yue is nice, haha.
Yeah, a trailer would be good...
dimlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-15, 05:52   Link #22738
borisdrakoni

Well, Shea's final battle with Rutoria has finally started. It's interesting that her main tree form looks shockingly similar to the Great Tree in Hartsena.

Here's a rough look at the bonus short stories coming out with this month's novel and manga releases:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-12-15, 07:56   Link #22739
haseo0408

Quote:
Images

Here's a rough translation for the table of contents:
Spoiler:

Interestingly, no epilogue in this volume.
Without a doubt this is my favorite part of the main story, not only Shizuku gets a much deserved reward for all the hardships of controlling Kouki *making sure he doesn't make the situation worse( but the bonds of the girls and Hajime get tested like never before.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 20:18   Link #22740
borisdrakoni

New anime info and key visuals have been released on arifureta.com. Looks way better than the original. The series will air in July. With Tio being included it should at least get through volume 3.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel